[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Millenials, you have 10 seconds to prove to me that unpaid internships
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
Millenials, you have 10 seconds to prove to me that unpaid internships are bad

and go
>>
>>72599217
my time is worth more than $0 per hour / salary
>>
>>72599217
>can't find work to make money to support myself
>so instead do the same work but for no money
>>
>>72599217
Getting a job is going to matter more than how well you make coffee.
>>
>>72599276
No it's not your lucky to even have the opportunity
>>
>>72599276
how much are you making posting on a chinese cartoon board?
>>
>>72599217
>unpaid
>>
Because working for no pay is slavery.
>>
I can't prove you wrong. Experience is invaluable.
>>
>>72599542
And then the prospective intern leaves and gets a job with someone who actually pays him

The employer quickly finds himself shortstaffed and decides that the only way to keep his business afloat, is to actually pay people to do the work, rather than hoping they'll just go out of their way to do it for him for free.
>>
>>72599217
>unpaid
>>
>>72600065
The next step is paying money so you can get that valuable experience.
>>
>>72600067
This post is the most adorable thing I've read today.
>>
>>72600135
Well isn't that what university is?
>>
They're not and scene.

Fucking boomers. Don't you have a failed marriage to get back to?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (46 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
46 KB, 500x200
>>72599217
>tfw accounting major
My internship will be paying handsomely.

Enjoy slavery fellow millennial scum
>>
>>72599217
>unpaid internships

hmm willingly to waste time and resources for a company that you may not even get a chance to be hired.

Waste your money and your time
Time and money you can't ever get back, because you volunteered to be an idiot.
You could get a job in the same field probably part time making dick pay if you just tell them
"I am willing to work for medium wage"
Do that while working on your degree/certification/licenses.
Once you get it, fuck off and find a better company that'll pay you accordingly with your experience and education.

Why this works because that's what I did...you fucking idiot.
>>
>>72599217
Unpaid internships wouldn't be viable if people didn't jump at the chance to get into them.
>>
File: 1456232539930.jpg (48 KB, 469x505) Image search: [Google]
1456232539930.jpg
48 KB, 469x505
>>72599217
Fuck off Generation X, why are you even on this board. We're more in number than you are.
>>
>>72599217
>implying you aren't a millenial
you have 10 seconds to prove to me that unpaid internships are good
>>
>>72600221
You're the most adorable thing I've seen all day
>>72599542
>you're
>>
>>72599217
>working for free
>>
I earned $25 an hour at my first internship after my freshman year of college, and that was considered low among my peers.
>>
>>72599217
It's illegal in the UK to work at a company for no pay for more than two weeks. You can 'volunteer' for charities who are not bound by the same terms.

>I own a few subways in devon
>workers were always leaving
>raised wages to £9.50 an hour
>workers don't leave anymore
>took a hit on profits
>but still not a wage cuck and own 2 houses
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.