[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am NOT Black, You are NOT White
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10
File: BILL2.jpg (103 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
BILL2.jpg
103 KB, 900x506
I saw this video regarding race that I think /pol/ will get a kick out of. I actually agree with the idea that race is a social construct, especially since we don't have races for "mixed-races". Also I think people confuse race for Ancestry or Lineage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0qD2K2RWkc

P.S.: On that note, If I say Obama is White, am I equally as correct or incorrect as saying he is Black?
>>
>>72594528
>Celebrating diversity.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
>>
>>72594528
>We wuz kangz, Respect my blackness becoz fuck white culture

>We all equal whitey, there is no race

make your fucking minds up niggers
>>
>>72594528
Obama is what ze tells us.
>>
I hope 2016 takes Bill Nye too.
>>
>>72594528
Race as it is described in modern politics is a social construct. There's no such thing as a white or black race, that's just a broad stroke generalization of skin colour. Obviously races exist though, things are just much more complicated than white or black.

It's very funny to see someone who is very clearly half-white complaining about white privilege.

Anyways, liberals conveniently change what they believe in based on the context of the conversation. If you're discussing inherent genetic IQ they'll reference some pseudo-scientist that claims race doesn't exist. If you're discussing athletic ability suddenly they are making fun of white people for being shitty sprinters. If you bring up the fact that there are virtually no world class black strongmen they start shouting loudly and flail their arms around.

Anything blacks are bad at is a result of the "institution" keeping them down and anything they are good at is because they are the master race who secretly engineered everything good in society but their credit was stolen by the white man.

Any person who claims race is a social construct has no knowledge of biology and should be forcibly given a bone marrow transplant from a black man. The differences aren't just skin-deep. They're DNA deep and that shit ain't changing.
>>
>race is a social construct
>blacks are discriminated because of their race.
>>
>>72594528
pretty stupid for a scientist
>>
>>72594528
Further proof why he is Bill Nye the Science Guy and not Bill Nye the Scientist.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTROCGb5qj8
>>
>>72595125
>Obviously races exist though

But it's not so obvious, because what you perceive as race is really just superficial physical traits, independent from cultural influence. So what appears physically different is inconsequential, instead what we do, how we act, and what we believe in are the only things that truly define us. What is even more mind blowing is that those qualities that define our character can be changed, from good to bad or bad to good.
>>
I think his heart is in the right place and at least he's not as obnoxious as Neil Degrasi Tyson is about it. Still I wish he'd stop being political and just talk science
>>
>>72595464
You can't tell me some blue gummed big lipped alabama coon is the same race as an adidas jumpsuit wearing vodka drinking ckya slav squatting slav shit.
>>
>>72595325
I like how every single one of these that woman's always a fat hoglord and runs off crying as if she's a victim.
>>
>>72594528
but we do have races for mixed races
>>
>race isn't real
>but you're still a racist, whitey
>>
File: Duh.png (70 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Duh.png
70 KB, 800x600
>>72595844
>>
File: 1_2.png (150 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
1_2.png
150 KB, 1600x1600
>>72595125
It really isn't a more complicated than black, white and asian though. And the modern human origins theories are matching this fairly well with the hominid interbreeding after leaving africa. There's only a few other groups besides the main ones, like abbos for instance.
>>
>>72595774
>but we do have races for mixed races
Are you sure you aren't just referring to actual labels and not recognized races. But then again I'm not sure there is an official, scientifically conclusive consensus of every defines every race.
>>
>>72595886
but then who made the first white racists?????????
>>
File: 1455566805212.gif (891 KB, 325x252) Image search: [Google]
1455566805212.gif
891 KB, 325x252
>>72595592
We're all the same... until someone needs a transplant.

http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1993074,00.html
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L9io-b9Uew

I crack up every time I watch this.
>>
File: So Sorry.jpg (536 KB, 750x549) Image search: [Google]
So Sorry.jpg
536 KB, 750x549
>>72596104
>>
>>72594528
pick the one without sickle cell
>>
>>72594528

Go back to your Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering, Bill.

You are way out of your depth.
>>
>>72594528
Yeah, it's a label, it's a word. Words are really useful to describe things we see around us. This nigger needs some shakespere.

A rose by any other name still won't steal my bike.
>>
>>72595592
There are literally definite, verifiable differences between human subpopulations. They aren't necessarily simple, but there are obvious differences beyond the superficial. The fact that there are numerous superficial differences between population groups should also be a good indicator that there are probably a lot of unseen differences, as well.

> So what appears physically different is inconsequential, instead what we do, how we act, and what we believe in are the only things that truly define us. What is even more mind blowing is that those qualities that define our character can be changed, from good to bad or bad to good.

The existence, or nonexistence, of differences between human subpopulations does not hinge on how we judge individuals.

Also, just to clarify, 'race' does not mean 'different species' in biology, and I don't think most people intend it in that way, either.
>>
>>72595916
Geographically isolated peoples will differ genetically on only a superficial, physical levels. As peoples perpetuate these genetic traits within their communities or larger regions, we can distinguish them from other peoples throughout the world that are simultaneously perpetuating their genetic pool.

However, the idea that race does not exist is still valid in this situation because our ability to communicate, procreate, and assimilate remains. Thus, any distinction between peoples, regardless of how long they have remained isolated in respect to another peoples, remains superficial and easily overcome.

This is why in the future, with international traveling becoming more common and affordable, along with worldwide emigration surging, "race" as we know it will no longer exist.
>>
>>72595689
somehow, i am more surprised i have not seen this video here before, then i am of its contents.

what....did i watch anyways?

was that supposed to be educational?
>>
I am white and we are better. The only ones who are our equals are east asians the rest is shit that could be gassed

Deal with it
>>
>>72594528

He's not black, but he's still a nigger.
>>
>>72596700
>'race' does not mean 'different species' in biology,

Technically races in humans are not recognized in biology. Race as a classification is reserved for anthropologists.
>>
File: Race and Politics.jpg (60 KB, 420x756) Image search: [Google]
Race and Politics.jpg
60 KB, 420x756
>>72596730
Culture is a lot harder to transmit than you think.
>>
>>72596730
>our ability to communicate, procreate, and assimilate remains
That's because we're the same species. These are roughly the textbook requirements for speciation. You're confusing the words and concepts of species and race.

And what other level do you expect exists to be different on genetically besides the physical one? And why do you think it somehow stops at the superficial level? It certainly does not.
>>
>>72596924
>I am white and we are better. The only ones who are our equals are east asians

I assume you believe this because of recent statistics on "races" in scientific fields. What you do not understand is that it is not their "race" that allows them to accomplish any academic or intellectual feat, but rather their will and motivation to pursue their goals. There is a whole other argument for why some peoples or cultures produce more "intelligent" people, but it has nothing to do with a genetic predisposition.
>>
>>72597272
>Culture is a lot harder to transmit than you think.
Yes and No. Cultural influences exist in many forms, and some may contradict each other. In your example, you show 2 conflicting influences; parental and peer influence. It is not uncommon for generations to cycle based on subsequent generations attempting to "improve" on the previous one. A person may reject one culture in place of another.
>>
>>72597365
>why do you think it somehow stops at the superficial level?

Because science has shown that genetics do not define us beyond the superficial. This is why variations within peoples are greater than outside them. This means that you will find a large variation of peoples both genetically and psychologically within a given community or peoples. However, once you start comparing one group of peoples to another, you find that there are many similarities both genetically and psychologically.

However, physical appearance within a group does not vary as greatly as genetic composition or psychological make-up. This is why superficial traits may remain shared within peoples, yet genetic and psychological diversity still exists.
>>
>>72597988
I don't believe you know what science has shown.

Other people have already linked things showing just how far it goes. Go read >>72596203

There are differences from our skin to the core of our bones and everything in between. Superficial indeed.
>>
>>72598246
Everything you've shown regarding differences between perceieved "races" is superficial. How high you jump, how fast you run, how long you live... these are all superficial. I think the reason there is so much confusion regarding "race" is that too many people, such as yourself, put unnecessary importance on appearance. Do none of you understand that your value as a human being, your ability to love and be loved, has NOTHING to do with "race"?
>>
File: Race and Age 2.jpg (30 KB, 599x288) Image search: [Google]
Race and Age 2.jpg
30 KB, 599x288
>>72597673
Yes, but realize that hasn't been happening. Cultural values are spread via birthrates more than immigration. The US has become far more progressive over the last 50 years not because progressivism has proven superior, but because the non-white population has grown.
>>
>>72597407
why is it so hard to understand that through years of natural selection people from advance civilizations are smarter since it was more valued then in primal civs
>>
>>72594528
>P.S.: On that note, If I say Obama is White, am I equally as correct or incorrect as saying he is Black?
Trick question, he's actually a nigger
>>
>>72598569
>>72598569
explain sickle cell.
>>
Sure Race is a social construct excluding the slight by significant structural differences between the races
>>
File: inigo.jpg (47 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
inigo.jpg
47 KB, 1280x720
>>72598569
>superficial
>>
>>72594528
Mixed subspecies, you forget about hominid admixture and its affects on the composition of the races.

Shits real, case closed. Everything has been explained logically and genetically. If you believe in evolution, you believe what i just said.
>>
>>72595592
Um....

The physical makeup of our brains is what gives us the ability to "do, act, believe".

Without that physical brain, you cannot do, act, or believe.

That physical brain is the result of DNA.

DNA is different based upon different groups of beings living and existing in different climates and environments, and adapting to different things.

Some of those things some of those groups adapted to are better than the others, giving some groups more value overall than others.

Why can we as Humans assign orders of value to literally everything and be fine with it, except when it comes to 1: race/ethnicity and 2: sex/gender?

Guess what? There's an order of value to everything. There's one subset within every group that is at the TOP of a list, making it the BEST in that list.

Men are the best out of the sexes, whites are the best out of the races.

Sorry if you're not a male or white?

The funniest part is the SJW fucks who scream about white male privilege actually agree with me, or they wouldn't be complaining about how good white males have it compared to everyone else. Because we're on top and the best, duh?
>>
>>72594528
Race, as it is commonly presented today, is a social construct; however, there are genetic variations between different population groups. For example, the European "race" doesn't actually exist, because it's a broad term that describes people that trace their ancestry back to the European continent. A Greek and Swede should not be classified under the same race, because they're distinct ethnic groups.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.