[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was anyone here in New York during 9/11 or in Washington DC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
Was anyone here in New York during 9/11 or in Washington DC?
>>
>>72574104
Yes, NY fag here
>>
>>72574104
I was, I saw the hologram fly toward the tower and then disappear as the tower spontaneously exploded.
>>
Yeah, I was a sophomore at NYU, living in a dorm down in Chinatown. It was pretty wild. They actually closed our dorm for quite some time, because the government had basically shut down the city below Canal Street. I left the city and stayed with my friend at Yale for like a week and got drunk every day. All-in-all, it was a good time. Unexpected vacations are always fun. Another good one was the NYC blackout in Summer of 2003. Just drank nonstop and didn't have to go to work. Wish there were more happenings.
>>
>>72574104
I was in Brooklyn but I have to lie when I tell the story to people
>gf gets $1400 student aid
>go to bk to buy Coke to flip
> end up staying overnight and doing Coke all night
>coming down hard as fuck
>planes hit
That was back when a was a degenerate blue piled asshat. When people ask I say i was there on a wallpaper job
>>
>>72574309
Not in town during. I was called on to work at hospital upstate for readiness to deal with victims. Was on site with sniffer dog team from 9-14 to 9-23.
>>
I was in a small dutch town

i wil never forget when i saw the second plane hit the towers

>saw it live after the first plane hit
>>
Yes, in NY. I was 11 years old.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 724x522) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 724x522
>>72574602
I want to believe.

Any pics you've never shared?

I heard the surveillance footage was recovered from the basement rubble. Apparently it was people splattering all over the courtyard and nearby streets from different angles, and the decision was made to not release it because it was so horrific.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 320x440) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 320x440
>>72574541
Yeah you never realize how much better life is without technology until a blackout like that. Another time I realized that was after Sandy when I lost power for over a week.
>>
File: Prehistoric bants.png (246 KB, 1339x589) Image search: [Google]
Prehistoric bants.png
246 KB, 1339x589
>>72574104
No, but people were shitposting about it
>>
>>72574912
>lost power for over a week

holy fuck really?
>>
>>72574104

yes me .. im 42 but i can't talk about what happened that day

or else i lose everything
>>
>>72575004
Yeah, I was lucky though. My cousin lost everything. He had a comic book collection he was working on since he was a kid, tons of rare shit, all gone. His family and him lived with me for a couple of days after that and I could tell he took it pretty badly.
>>
>>72575103
you're either a liar or a pussy
>>
I was in Arlington, Virginia which is 5 minutes from the Pentagon.

I was pretty stoned in English class when they announced over the interc what had happened.
>>
>>72575261

ive heard this many times before

but dont worry .. ive written it all down with evidence and its locked up .. people will find it after im dead
>>
>>72574104

During the dot-com boom I was travelling to my startup company's NY branch about once a month, was in town the week of the attacks. Flew in on Sunday, got some work done on Monday, Tuesday... was a surreal scene.

Ended up staying in NY for a coupla weeks, trying to fly out anytime soon just wasn't going to happen. The market crash and the economic downturn from the attack ended up killing my startup (and popping the dotcom bubble in general), that was the last time I ever got to travel to NY for work.

Living in Herndon VA so flew away from one mess right back into another.
>>
The day after. Why do you ask?
>>
>>72574981
Looking at people talking about the first plane on forum archives from 9/11 and their reactions after the second always makes me feel that /pol/ was eternal and will always be eternal.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.