[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got recommended Julius Evola for books about traditionalism.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (377 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
377 KB, 1200x1600
I got recommended Julius Evola for books about traditionalism.

Which book(s) are worth reading from him?
Are his books originally written in English or were they translated? What was the primary language?
>>
>>72543516

Ride of the Tiger
The Revolt against modern world.
Men among the ruins
Fascism viewed from the Right
The Metaphysics of War
>>
>Which book(s) are worth reading from him?
Revolt Against the Modern World
Ride the Tiger
Metaphysics of War
(in that order, first two can be reversed if you want to start with his easier work)

>Are his books originally written in English or
no

>were they translated? What was the primary language?
Yes, Italian
>>
>>72543516
Ride the Tiger. Originally in Italian.
>>
>>72543945
>>72543963
Why didn't you recommend Men among the ruins and Fascism viewed from the Right?
>>
>>72543945
Is Metaphysics of War religious?
Can an atheist still delve into it without having a set premise of belief in God?
>>
>>72545460
you have to be open to the idea of a transcendent reality to our own but you dont need to believe in "god" by any means.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBeQhIQ-oII
>>
>>72546306
Can I still get something out of it without delving in spirituality? I mean, I can get over "morals by god" etc. but I don't want the book to force a premise I can't shake.
>>
Feels>reals
t. level 40 Aryan wizard
>>
>>72547559
?
>>
>>72547396

i'm in the same boat as you, just picture it as an ideal world, use your imagination. in Ride the Tiger Evola describes that world and ours as "Where the way things should be they are, and where the way things shouldn't be they aren't" (not his exact words)
>>
>>72548844
But that's fine, no?
We can easily interpret it as a metaphor for "an ideal world". Even if he's referring to an actual reality, we can go along with it considering it an idealized vision of the world without completely losing the meaning of the world?
>>
>>72549312

i personally think so, similar to how viktor e. frankl's spirituality doesn't require an actual belief in spirits
>>
https://youtu.be/5AII--2mSxA
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.