[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We were talking about this in /b/ earlier, I wanna see the slightly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: india_water_woman-1024x702.jpg (177 KB, 1024x702) Image search: [Google]
india_water_woman-1024x702.jpg
177 KB, 1024x702
We were talking about this in /b/ earlier, I wanna see the slightly more intelligent side of the argument.

When do we start looking at natural disasters, famine, and disease as "limiting factors for a population", rather than a country in need of aid ?

Mostly referencing the heat wave in India right now, undoubtly because of global warming, there's going to be a large die off of indians.

Should we step in and provide aid or say "eh fuck it, I learned about this in population ecology." ?
>>
>>72519016
I would literally sleep better at night knowing everyone in India was dead. So put me on whatever side that is.
>>
>>72519016
>heat wave
>poo everywhere

Sounds comfy
>>
>>72519016
If a country or populous isn't prepared or equipped to deal with ANY sort of interference that may find them, then it seems to me that it's an error in planning on their part.
>>
>>72519016
Fundamentally the problem is immigration.

In dangerous and unstable environments humans respond by switching form K-selection strategy to r-selection strategy. It's basic psychology but inevitably it means the population explodes. So, Natural Disasters don't actually limit population expansion, they actually massively increase it.

What happens then, with high population density coupled with a dangerous environment and a woeful living standard in a stagnant economy is that inevitably the excess population moves abroad.

This is the reason for our current migration crisis. letting in these migrants essentially: Endorses the efficacy of the r-selection strategy. Acts as a pressure valve in the third-world that's lets the shitty status quo continue and Destroys the developed world through irrevocable ethnic-displacement.

r-strategy thus becomes the norm in both the developed and developing world and then we're well on the road to a Idiocracy-style dysgenic crisis.
>>
>>72519016
No country should have to aid them without being compensated for the aid provided. But if they try paying in cow patties they and cow urine they do not deserve aid.
>>
File: 1447536701154.jpg (64 KB, 480x423) Image search: [Google]
1447536701154.jpg
64 KB, 480x423
>be biggest contributor of global warming by having shitloads of people shit all over the place creating shitloads of methane gas
>now dying due to heat wave from global warming

like pottery
>>
>>72519016

Wow. She's actually drinking water that isn't brown.
>>
>>72519640
That system sounds really parasitic

>something shitty happens to group of people
>population increases due to how humans work (better chance of death = more children)
>population increases beyond the Land's limmit to sustain
>population moves to new land to start cycle over again
>>
Global warming is a meme, therefore the solution is to use meme magic.
>>
>>72519865
It's a terrible inhuman system but all that matters is that is evolutionarily effective.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.