[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
China Supremacy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8
File: 4d56d4.png (4 KB, 245x206) Image search: [Google]
4d56d4.png
4 KB, 245x206
It's inevitable that china will become a superpower. Whether the become the only superpower is up for debate.

I don't know what we can do to benefit from this. It's not like they're an open multicultural country. They're racist and hate foreigners. That's what's going to hurt the most for western people.

I know America has a few sneaky nasty tricks up it's sleeve. And will use it depending on the situation.

Just attention to the news and the media in general. You can see the amount of propaganda the US spouts. It's to the advantage of the US because majority of the people can't speak Chinese.

>inb4 leaf

Long Live East Asia!
Long Live East Asia!
Long Live East Asia!
>>
>>72448645
Korean living in canada here. I have much admiration for the narrow noses and horizontal shaped eyes of canadians. I feel ugly here. Canadian men are so handsome.
>>
>>72448645
As long as some country is growing economically and producing new technology and what not for everyone to use I couldn't care less if China becomes the new world superpower.
>>
>>72448645
>It's inevitable that china will become a superpower.
Is it also inevitable that India will become a super power?

Get back to us when the urban population is equivalent to the agricultural population. If they survive the political upheaval without another civil war or some other governmental breakdown as the growing middle class vies for more political power then you might have a point.
>>
>>72448645
I don't care as long as I can make money from them. :^)

Also their soft power sucks.
>>
>>72448645
China has historically always been a country that doesn't give a shit about the world outside of its immediate Asian neighbors.
>>
>>72448645

China is a fucking mess. Beautiful, but a fucking mess. Before they get to superpower, they've still got to figure out a few other things, like drinkable tap water, and having hospitals where the treatment doesn't consist of incense being blown at a needle stuck in your back while 12 random people hang out and watch.

But I hope they get there, while the US it outlawing cutting edge genetic research that will help push us toward the future of humanity China is pumping more money into it than anyone else.
>>
>>72448645
China is incapable of becoming a global superpower like the USA. I think the world will be split in two:

US + allies vs China + allies

Pretty much a new cold war
>>
>>72448645
fuck off with these threads chink
>>
>>72448645
China has proven over the last two years that it is. Urgently a paper tiger. They economy is being held up by strings and duct tape.

So are alot of economies but people need to stop overestimating china.
>>
File: photo81.jpg (180 KB, 1000x709) Image search: [Google]
photo81.jpg
180 KB, 1000x709
>>72450381
Agree

And as soon as the economy turns for the worst the Communist party will need to use every available person in uniform to try and repress the huge angry and poor population from rioting and overthrowing them.

Chinas huge military might seem impressive and scary to outsiders but its really domestically focused and needed to suppress its population to ensure political stabiliy.
>>
>>72450381

I don't know man, there is just a shitload of people. Hard to comprehend until you go there, endless rows of highrise apartments going up in every direction. The number of cities they have with 10 million+ people is staggering. Its literally the size of four Americas.

Even if they hit South Korean levels of growth, or even if they stay a bit under it, they'll be far and away the largest economy in the world.
>>
>>72448645
t. Wang
How's the rent in Vancouver?
>>
>>72448645
There are too many of you. It devalues the worth of individual.
>>
>>72448813
Well if you were actually proud of your country and didn't five a fuck about how the west views beauty. Your people could have been in the spot and actually the standard for beauty.
>>72448824
Yea but that would hurt America in the long run no? Which in turn hurts you.
>>72448942
It is changing. It takes time. Industrial revolution is slow but beneficial.
>>72449030
How do you make money from them? There were statistics that showed Chinese people weren't interested as much in western entertainment. Which a shift of perception. It's really good for China. That's what the whole world should do. Focus on your own shit instead of being a sheep.
>>72449166
That's why I do like them more than America.
>>72449947
>China is incapable of becoming a global superpower like the USA
>US + allies vs China + allies
Isn't that what a superpower is?
>>72450381
>>72450841
It's really how fast they were able to grow economically and actually brought it's people from dying in hunger to actually living a pretty good life. I actually think people underestimate China. I'm sure they know their strengths and weakness. They probably want to change to a consumerist society. So they can just sell their stuff to themselves. It would be pretty big for China to do that.
>>
File: 1451713078354.png (78 KB, 1194x1074) Image search: [Google]
1451713078354.png
78 KB, 1194x1074
>>72451715
>It's really how fast they were able to grow economically and actually brought it's people from dying in hunger to actually living a pretty good life.

yeah now that they have had a taste of the good life try and take that away from them.

They will riot
>>
>>72451499
Too much for you to pay.
>>72450962
That's the thing. Economies move the world. And having that kind of economy means they can get a very powerful army when their economy surpasses Americas by a large margin.
>>
>>72451684
Depends on how you look at it. Individualist vs collectivist societies.
>>
>>72448645
The only thing that can stand in the way of the han next century is a pan european empire.
The white man must match their nationalism and sense of self.
>>
>>72451932
>yeah now that they have had a taste of the good life try and take that away from them.
Isn't that the whole point of all countries? And why should they take it away from them? Cheap labour? maybe.
>>
>>72452091
>The white man must match their nationalism and sense of self.
Kind of feel that's a little too late. Could still happen but you never know.
>>
>>72452337
Pretty sure it will happen soon
>>
>>72449993
The world doesn't revolve around America any more. It's better to get accustomed to learning some Chinese now before it's too late.
>>
>>72452442
Hasn't English pretty much become the trading language
>>
at least they keep their muslims in order
>>
>>72452337
I dont. We have fractured because we were the power. When the writing becomes clearer on the world and IF we are able to throw off the shekels of liberalism we will see our civilisation as something worth saving.
>>
>>72451715
>It's really how fast they were able to grow economically and actually brought it's people from dying in hunger to actually living a pretty good life.

Eh, not really. China is still today worse off than South Korea and Japan, where historically it was always their peer or superior. China is not like Singapore or something with a miraculous, unprecedented economic boom out of nowhere- China was one of the most developed places in the world for thousands of years. Its not China's recovery that was remarkable, its that it ever fell so far in the first place. Also, Korea and Japan didn't need to kill 60 million of their own people to achieve development higher than what China has today. The communists party has been adequate at best.
>>
>>72448645
ham gno ga sai lou leaf gwei
>>
>>72452520
Yes? Doesn't mean much. When China does become a superpower or if you want to trade with the Chinese. I think it's quite normal to learn Chinese than they learn English.
>>72452675
You have to consider population size as well. That's why comparing China to Singapore makes to sense. Even S.K. and Japan. The amount of people that they have and bring them up to modern times will take time. Hopefully they have a strategy for that.

And the number of deaths is much lower than that. And that was under Mao's regime. You can't compare that system to what China is now. There two different systems. Maybe some lingering ideology is still there.
>>
>>72448645
when a country becomes the only superpower it means it have achieved to be a hyperpower
something only ancient greece and roman empire have done

china cant dominate with their culture over the entire world
i mean who the fuck will want pollution on their cities
>>
>>72453117
I have doubts China will be a superpower 'because' of its huge population it requires such massive resources to take care of and with their treatment of the environment in favor of industrialism is ruining their agricultural land and clean water
>>
>>72448645
leaf pls
china has fucked itself. they stopped breeding and their population is comprised largely of limp wristed betas
>>
>>72453196
>i mean who the fuck will want pollution on their cities
When America was in it's industrial revolution stage it was a shitty time. A lot of people made money but there were no labour laws. Or even environmental laws. China is going through the same thing.
>>
>>72453449
>>72453461
>>
>>72453461
Not really china has already surpassed that part but they rely a lot on it to go forward
>>
>When you google their women in the army

Oh my goodness...
>>
为什么今天Pol 上有那么多的中国人
>>
>>72453672
I don't know much to say if they've passed it or are in the process. There will come a time for them to change gears. Lots of people saying that is what they're doing now. Changing to a self-maintaining society.
>>
>>72453948
but they are already the problem is they look like a modern sparta only that the military in that case if the way of china to make money
>>
China is literally going to exterminate the West in the next 30 years.

Tough lesson but it's necessary considering how dumb the West has been.
>>
>>72448645
China might grow powerful, but even the second most powerful country, the U.K., could not topple Uncle Sam from his perch. It will take a long time of development for China and a long time of regression for USA to reverse the situation:
>>
>>72448645
They said that about Japan, and look how that turned out.
>>
>>72448645
Why, fortunately, I think you are wrong:

1) Humans Rights Issues
The Chinese by and large do not care if the vast majority of their population dies for the advancement of the people as whole. This is evidenced by the fact that they have let pollution in the air, water, and elsewhere run wildly out of control. Not to mention the fact that they literally were harvesting the organs of Falungong members, you have a portion of the population that is already predisposed to madness

2) Faulty Economy
The entire economy is built off of currency manipulation and horrendously cheap debt. There are massive restrictions on short selling in their stock market (essentially rigging it so that prices have significantly more upward movement than they would otherwise), the investors are by and large individuals who are only now just coming into wealth, and now that the cost of living is rising and growth is slowing, there is going to be an ugly depression when the Quantitative Easing won't work

3) (The most important imo) The idea that you can replicate western ideas without western culture
The Chinese come to America in droves to get american education, go back to china, and implement western ideas and methods to their society. While introducing western capital led a revolution from Deng Xiaoping forward economically, you cannot simply just replicate the ideas of Western European/American society without embracing the ideas of the enlightenment. The vast majority of chinese do not know how to think, they only know how to iterate. I go to graduate school with tons of chinese nationals, and I cannot tell you how many absurdly simple concepts they cannot understand unless a clear road map is driven

Tl;dr A pig in lipstick is still a pig in lipstick
>>
>>72454147
Of course. China can't cause America to fall behind.

America can easily fall behind by itself, which is already happening.

It's impossible for a country with $1000 avg income in 1990 to unseat America without America basically doing it to itself. In history books the main subject of this time period will be how retarded the Western powers behaved post cold war.
>>
>>72454300
concepts they cannot understand unless a clear road map is given***
>>
>>72454300

1) Shitty point

2) Shitty point

3) Shitty point

You don't get the most important variables to a successful societies.
>>
File: chicken guns.jpg (983 KB, 3456x2304) Image search: [Google]
chicken guns.jpg
983 KB, 3456x2304
>>72448645
China looks like a giant chicken.
>>
>>72454539
>implying culture isn't the most important variable to society
>>
>>72454147
Tough call. There can be two superpowers. Like a east vs west thing.
>>72454289
Japan /= China
>>72454300
For points one and two, America was in the same place. America was in the industrial revolution stage. If you were on the bottom on the totem pole you had shitty physically demanding job. It was a shitty time to be alive. Unless you were making money. There were no laws to protect children from working in shitty conditions. Just like China is now.

And for your 3 point China right now is playing the catch up game. Why should they waste resources where instead they can just imitate and try to catch up to the west? Is it the best strategy, I have no idea. Is it good for the world I don't think so. But it is their strategy. Once they catch up than they have to create and innovate which I have no doubt they will. Just look at Chinese history and you will know they weren't niggers just lying around.
>>
>>72454539

Cultural cohesiveness, stable economy, and a (relatively) moral people who can show tolerance to one another are the bedrocks to cultural stability, in the western sense
>>
>>72454978
>>implying culture isn't the most important variable to society

Okay, SJW western culture versus China current rat race ultra competitive culture.

Which is gonna win?

Also "culture" isn't that important as long as it is not too static.
>>
>>72455125
>moral people
>advantage

Not really, wait till all the old chinks are dying and getting no end of life care. You will find it horrible but it's great for the Chinese economy.
>>
>>72455125
selfishness, adaptability, and a free market
>>
>>72448645
>"Look mom I posted it again"
>>
>>72455172
Even in America there is a strong presence of a rat race. Is at the extreme like in China? I don't think so.

It's weird dilemma. The country that is the most aggressive works the hardest will out pace the other countries. But their people won't be having a lot of time to enjoy their abundance. It will be a very stressful place to be.
>>
>>72456180
Which is why once you have a lead you kill everyone else. Very ordinary and obvious logic.
>>
>>72455013

You're discounting the fact that America was founded in 1776 and we are looking at China in the age of rapid exchange of information. People's tolerance for being abused is much lower when they can readily and actually see tangibly higher qualities of life elsewhere from a few keystrokes.

You are correct that playing catch up is the best strategy, but replication will never give you cultural dominance. The japanese learned this the hard way. As good as the Japanese are at taking western ideas and concepts and perfecting them, they do not innovate in the same sense that we do.

The Chinese are definitely playing a much longer term game than the average American can visualize, but I'm still of the opinion that China faces far more in its immediate future that is challenging its late 20th century success story. When the numbers start getting reevaluated and the depression looming finally hits, there will be major setbacks. How they react to that will be the measure of their ability to become a true superpower.
>>
>>72455256
I mean moral in the sense that you don't, generally, live in a culture of thieves. Yes, there are bad towns everywhere, but in America we protect the right of private property and other such things. You can't have a stable society if murder is tolerated, for example.
>>
>>72456491
You're underestimating the decline of the West.
>>
>>72448645
No China will not become a fucking superpower

The mass conversions to Christian Ideologies and Christian Pacifications are already starting to fucking Subvert them.

The Jews use Christians.
>>
>>72456634
executing and harvesting the organs of the thieves is a better deterrent than relying on good people.
>>
>>72455172

Culture is always important, regardless of whether it is static enough. Have you seen the cancer that is western Europe? A bunch of lazy, over intellectual drunks who tax the fuck out of their populations, over immigration, and now you see nations fracturing from the EU in response
>>
>>72456771

Western Europe is beyond dead. America has hope, but it is fading rapidly.

>>72456848
You don't rely on people, you build institutions like courts, police, armies, etc to enforce these principles
>>
>>72456892
I would argue the decline in Europe has more to do with the low average intelligence of the elites.
>>
>>72456491
>You're discounting the...
Yes, but when it's between dying from hunger or working a shitty place. I think it's quite obvious what the answer is.
>You are correct...
Again Japan /= China. Once China where they want to be they can surely start innovating. Why didn't Japan do that I have no idea. But it's not like Japan didn't innovate. They surely did. And actually were leading the world in many aspects.
>The Chinese are...
That's if they get hit with a depression. It's hard to predict these things. And IF they and they get out of it unharmed than it means they know what their doing and have their hit together.
>>
>>72457060
In any case, I would peg China's likelihood of exterminating the rest of the world by 2100 at around 40%.
>>
>>72448645
>I know America has a few sneaky nasty tricks up it's sleeve. And will use it depending on the situation.

Yeah it's our overwhelming technological advantage.

While pleb nations like Russia like to brag about the shit they make, the US is always quiet. Why? Because we've already got the next five generations researched and built.

We will roll them out as-needed.
>>
File: voxy language graphic.jpg (414 KB, 860x3034) Image search: [Google]
voxy language graphic.jpg
414 KB, 860x3034
>>72448645
I've been trying to learn Mandarin. It's punishingly hard, but that's a good thing because it means normies will be too lazy to learn it so I'll make a lot of money.
>>
>>72452675
South Korea and Japan are much smaller than China and far more culturally and linguistically homogeneous as well.

Same reason why Hong Kong is nice and China is shit, or why Sri Lanka is nice but Poolooland is literally shit
>>
>>72448645
>china WILL become a superpower

ding ding, it's 2016
>>
>>72457449
That means nothing. Might as well build a bunch of statues.

Rate is much more important, aka the available brainpower.

That is unless you plan to use those "secret" weapons. Otherwise they are worthless.
>>
>>72457154
What big innovations actually came out of Japan? The only thing I can think of that they are truly innovative in are video games(entertainment). Everything else is incremental innovation/improvement on big western ideas.
>>
>>72458114
Lithium-Ion batteries which are in basically everything now including the tesla cars
>>
File: absolutely_disgusting.jpg (177 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
absolutely_disgusting.jpg
177 KB, 1200x900
>>72458114
Used girl slip vending machines. And bad copies of used girl slip from a vending machine by using tuna juice.

Oh and eating from the back of a living lobster walking rounds on the table you share with your guests.
>>
>>72458114
The automotive industry? Electronics Industry?
Even those you can somehow label them as "incremental innovations/improvements on big western ideas".
It really depends how you define your words.
>>
>>72458592
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium-ion_battery#History

"Lithium batteries were proposed by M. S. Whittingham, now at Binghamton University, while working for Exxon in the 1970s.[16] "
>>
>>72457913
>implying they stopped researching

It will continue and it will not end. The US won. Game over everyone else.
>>
>>72458829
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_Yoshino#Invention_of_lithium-ion_secondary_battery
>>
>>72458900
Again, just an improvement of the already existing li-ion battery concept.

I want big ideas.
>>
>>72457811
That really is the case for many places around the world. If China can get it's shit together and actually move the 1.3 billion people to a modern live. Than it will be a big deal.
>>
>>72451950
China's conventional army, navy, and air force is a joke believe it or not. They have 1 real carrier that still needs 4-5 years to even reach real combat status, this ship is also already fairly outdated, another 4-5 years and you get a pimped up 1982 carrier.

To reach a point where they could actually fight the US in a conventional war would take a century, literally, a military as developed as the US takes more a lot more than just money and labor.

China is also going to have to deal with the fact that have a massive population, with siziable chunks of it not exactly friendly towards the government and in the age of instant communicatoin plus fairly easily circumventable firewalls, stability is a huge issue. China currently tries to hide a lot of this by building massive fake/empty cities to inflate numbers, I mean so much is inflated that you never know what is really going on.

Their best bet militarily is trying to match Russia and the US with new missile tech.

Either way, I don't doubt China will become an influential state, I do find it hard to believe that they will be able to continue their current rate of expansions without imploding in some way, or getting strangled by a Trump-like policy of stricter trade laws and rules on outsourcing.
>>
>>72448824
>could not care less

It will be a new cold war if that happen
>>
Dont be intimidated, most of that landmass is uninhabitable. Same with Russia.
>>
>>72459480
>I mean so much is inflated that you never know what is really going on.
That's what I meant. The west wants transparency. China doesn't. China doesn't like playing by the west's rules. Is it a good thing? I have no idea.
About the military and tech. I can't say much. But I do know money can do magic for you.
>>
>>72459715
they still have 1 billion people and god knows how many in other countries
>>
File: china_merchant.png (34 KB, 505x576) Image search: [Google]
china_merchant.png
34 KB, 505x576
>>72448645
Fucking Canadians have a serious Chink infestation problem.
>>
>>72459119
You severely underestimate the amount of time it would take to completely modernize the countries people, infrastructure, and military.

Money can't directly speed up time or slow it down. It can't stop the millions of people in west China from terrorist attacks because there is simply too many (I also don't doubt that there is a lot more riots/terrorist attacks than they would ever admit), it also can't stop the increasingly educated Chinese and Cantonese people from discovering the truth of Chinese human rights abuse.

Even then, things like welfare and other social or economic assistance programs in China are basically non-existent, the Chinese are so many that most of the leadership could care less about their people.

You also have to think about how they got to where they are today: Western countries outsourcing and buying.

If Trump, or someone with the same ideas on global trade came into power, they'd be in for a big suprise, because Trump IS right on that we are basically being ripped off in trade with China coupled with the fact that we have no good rules or laws on outsourcing and evasion.

If you look closely, the US honestly has a much better chance of rebounding into another spurt of economic power than China has of becoming a sole superpower. A lot of self-loathers and proxyfags just meme on here, but China really shouldn't be worried about. I'd worry more about liberal takeover and a slow death due to islamification (China also has a huge under reported and hush hush Muslim problem in the north-west region, which even if they managed to systematically remove the millions of Chinese Muslims, they'd be unable to survive against the chaos of Muslims controlling western military power.)
>>
>10 Yuan has been transferred to your bank account
>>
>>72448645
>I know America has a few sneaky nasty tricks up it's sleeve.
Like drugs.

Oh those times! You know, my great grandpappy made a killing as part of the system that sold opium to the Chinese, and must have ruined a lot of them. It's time to destroy them with drugs and other forms of degeneracy once again.

Kidnap a bunch of lefties, brainwash them to go ruin Chinese society with leftist degeneracy, send them to China, and it would only take less than 50 years to create splits and divisions within.

Then keep poisoning their air, land, and water with pollution by doing what we've been doing (getting them to make our shit for cheap, at their own detriment) and it won't be long until they're too sickly, deformed, and weak to fight against anyone. Then maybe we could get Japan to finish the job they've started. Or just glass China and put them out of their misery.

Bring them back to what they used to be. What they truly are: the sick man of Asia.
>>
>>72464380
We're obviously not going to glass em, but most of the problems you said are arleady happening in China, have been for centuries, and are starting to fester as China grows.

They have an insane pollution problem because they have no regard to human, animal, or plant life, and the number of drug addicts is insane and China never gives out the real statistics for anything to save face and keep the charade of them being a contender to replace US as top global superpower.

China's dissappearing of activist is also pretty stupid, I'd bet on a Tienanmen Square scenario in Hong Kong within the next 2-3 years.

China is totally incapable of handling itself, they cannot sustain 1.4 billion people and growing and will definitely not be able to stop a riot of millions unless they start bombing huge parts of their own land.

(Fun fact, China now produces 50% of all cigarettes made in the world, and houses 43-48% of the total daily smokers in the world. )
>>
File: china.jpg (105 KB, 1211x766) Image search: [Google]
china.jpg
105 KB, 1211x766
>>72448645
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.