[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brexit would be a victory for xenophobes, we must not turn back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
>Quitting the EU will mean less immigration, not just a different system for allowing migrants into the country.

>A big chunk of the British population would no doubt welcome this. I think it would sad and a step back for the country. This is not because I am selfish and don’t care about those on low incomes or because I dislike my country’s culture. I’m certainly well-paid, at least compared with most of the population. But all the research shows that immigration is positive economically. Where there are negative effects for particular groups these can be offset by public policy, which I’d be happy to pay more tax towards.

>And why don’t Brexiteers favour income redistribution to reduce inequalities aggravated by globalisation?

>At root, this is a "people feel like foreigners in the own country" argument. It is not a new one, but was often made in the post-war period when significant numbers of people moved to the UK from the Commonwealth. Basically, it boils down to: we don’t like foreigners. After all, there is no resentment about internal migration within the UK from poorer to richer areas.

And so on:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/29/brexit-would-be-a-victory-for-xenophobes-we-must-not-turn-back-t/

What a good goy.
>>
I have nothing good to say, but have a bump; this has potential.
>>
>>72424214
Open borders for Israel
>>
>But all the research shows that immigration is positive economically.

That right there is where theyre all going wrong. They look at stats and base their views off that, they dont know how most immigrants live and they dont know what its like to live amongst shitskins

>xenophobia

Wondered how long it would take for them to pull that card kek. As if thats gonna put anyone off.

Leave won the last debate and has been winning in the polls. We're taking this country back
>>
>>72424214
It's all about money. I wonder who could be behind this?
>>
>>72424214
>I dislike my country's culture
>using this to justify immigration

Maybe this fag should move to towel head land

I don't know much, Brit-bro, but we'd never put up with some euro style government telling us what to do. Take back your sovereignty, your Ameri-bros will always be there for you.
>>
Fucking Torygraph, it's a vote for open borders

BREXIT
>>
>>72424214
>After all, there is no resentment about internal migration within the UK from poorer to richer areas.

There is, they just don't threaten to kill people. Also he mentions the post-war period of immigration, something which was needed to get workers. It was later stopped because they didn't want useless people flooding their country. Why the fuck would people support income redistribution? That's fucking commie talk.
>>
>>72424214
>immigration positive economically
>i wouldnt mind paying more taxes to offset negative effects
So why don't we just cut immigration and not pay the increased tax?
>>
You guys better listen to Mutti and Obama. The last thing we need is you guys becoming powerful and actually having influence in world affairs.
>>
>>72424214
Well, he's 100% right. 99.9% of people who support pseudo/semi-nationalist causes are unconsciously worried about the future of their tribe.

The thing about the author of that article is that he's an Anti-White who wants to Exterminate the White Race. So he doesn't want BREXIT to succeed, because as he admitted, that would mean less immigration of Non-Whites.
>>
>>72424214
I don't like foreigners
>>
>>72424214
hey britain, after the brexit (god willing it goes through) how about we form a nice anglo union, in which we can travel to any anglo country (including the USA if you'll have us) without trouble. Free trade will be optional, because god emperor hates free trade, but I'd be willing to do it if it were just with the 5 eyes.
>>
>>72427076
Thats what we're pushing for my friend
>>
>>72424214
Simon Tilford is chief economist at the Centre for European Reform (CER). He previously worked for the Economist Intelligence Unit and Nomura International, and has advised many European and international institutions.

"This is not because I am selfish and don’t care about those on low incomes or because I dislike my country’s culture."

yes it is. former broker, cultural European, snout in the trough, vested interest. fuck off with the discredited soundbites
>>
EU shill, shills EU no surpise there
https://www.cer.org.uk/personnel/simon-tilford#tabs
>>
>turn back the clock
I thought this was a troll post and not a legitimate news article.

>comparing intranational movement of people to international immigration

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>72424214
>Immigration is good for the economy
>But the negatives are still so severe that we have to raise taxes
Uh hu, and what happens when you pay more and more taxes and get less and less in return?

The amount of workers and taxpayers will go down and the amount of welfare leeches will go up, and one of two things will happen, either the government borrows a lot of money until they pull a Greece, or wages get pushed down to Dickens era levels with a non-existent welfare state. You can either have a welfare state where everyone works and pay high taxes, or a pseudo-american state where you have low taxes but also need three jobs to be able to afford the most basic of services.

Welfare state or mass immigration. You can only pick one.
>>
>>72424214
JF aren't people.
>>
>>72424214
>patriots assert that Britain was better in the past
>rather than trying to refute this, traitors accuse us of wanting to "turn back the clock"
I'm starting to get seriously skeptical here. Are the left even trying? I used to think they were just a bit stupid, but they keep making our points for us and it makes me wonder if we're not on the same side.
>>
>>72424214
There would be no brexit.
>>
>>72424214
>People say to me: 'Mr Powell, you can't turn back the clock', But what a silly thing to say. You just take the clock off the mantelpiece and turn back the hands."
Enoch Powell
>>
>>72424214
>But all the research shows that immigration is positive economically
I recent study confirmed that over 80% of Turks living in Germany are on Unemployment/welfare.
>>
>>72429880
But think of all the things they buy with that welfare.

Stop being so small-minded.
>>
>we must not turn back the clock
But Britain was vastly superior in the past than it is today?
>>
>>72430296
There's no contradiction there when you hate Britain.
>>
>>72427076
I wouldnt mind having free movement of people with countries with economies as strong as our own, but most of eastern/southern Europe is financially weak. Our minimum wage is around 4/5 times stronger than Romania's so they would come over and take low paying jobs away from the unskilled/young
>>
>>72424214
JUST BTFO ALREADY FROM EU please...let it be over.
I'm tired of your ugly faces appearing on the media "MUH FREEDOM,MUH EXIT" just get out.
>>
>>72431286
>hitting on the ox that works
You do realise your stupidity i hope.The romanians come and take your jobs because its capitalism ..DUH...they work harder for less money.You hate them while you pay welfare to your dumb gorillas from Afrika/Pakistan..nice point there Nigel.
>>
>>72432097

Yes it is capitalism. The UK needs to protect its citizens by stopping the free market and allowing jobs to remain with British people. The UK owns no allegiance to people outside of its country. protectionism is needed.
>>
>>72424214
They're in full panic mode.
>>
>>72424214

I hate the arguments that immigration is good economically.

Even if it was true, is the GDP really the only thing that matters? It's disgusting materialism, putting profit before the nation, liquidating culture for the sake of shekels. I'd rather live in a poor Britain that is homogeneous, traditional and patriotic, than a rich "diverse" hellhole, where all that matters is money, and nothing else.

These cunts would let in millions it meant our economy would grow by 0.4%.
>>
>>72432584
This.

Even if voting out turns us third world overnight, I'd still vote to leave the EU.

The principles are more important than any money.
>>
>>72432330
I dont get why you are so butthurt about it.France has ~same economy as you,yet they never complain about exiting.Why do you always have to be the special snowflake?
>>
>>72432729
Because we arent used to being everyone elses bitch like the french. Theres a reason Trump is so popular among the working class and its because he is all about PROTECTIONISM. He wants jobs to remain in the country for its citizens.
>>
>>72424214
>And why don’t Brexiteers favour income redistribution

Can we please shoot these cunts who openly jizz at the thought of taking other people`s earned money and giving it to every piece of garbage who believes he deserve it?
>>
>>72432584
The best thing about this argument is that it's literally the exact same economic logic that supports outsourcing jobs, but lefties are too fucking stupid to figure that out and continue to tout pro-immigration research from neoliberal outfits like the American Enterprise Institute and Heritage Foundation because it aligns with their social cuck policies.

The entire left has become a big batch of useful idiots for the wealthy. They gave up on Communism, but their social policies are useful for breaking down market barriers and have thus continued to have political cachet because the ultra-rich can make money from them.
>>
File: 800px-Sultan_the_Barbary_Lion.jpg (179 KB, 800x931) Image search: [Google]
800px-Sultan_the_Barbary_Lion.jpg
179 KB, 800x931
>>72424214
>I’m certainly well-paid, at least compared with most of the population.
oh look your typical middle class twat, from a typical middle class family, who lives in a 99% white town in a 5 bedroom semi-detached in the English countryside
>Where there are negative effects for particular groups these can be offset by public policy, which I’d be happy to pay more tax towards.
how about rather than just pay more tax YOU GET THE REFUGEES NEAR YOU, that would fix all the problems
>At root, this is a "people feel like foreigners in the own country" argument. It is not a new one, but was often made in the post-war period when significant numbers of people moved to the UK from the Commonwealth. Basically, it boils down to: we don’t like foreigners
actually it boils down to "we don't like that our culture has literally vanished in our area, and that walking to the local market feels more like going to Pakistan than London"
>After all, there is no resentment about internal migration within the UK from poorer to richer areas.
What is Gentrification, also top kek no there's never any class issues in the UK, everyone knows the UK is literally the most classless place in the western world, oh wait no we are one of the worst for class divide
>>
What exactly is wrong with disliking foreigners aka 'foreign culture'?

I like my culture. I like traditional western culture. If I wanted to share in the culture of the middle east I would emigrate to the fucking middle east.
If I wanted to live in the culture of pakistan I would move to fucking pakistan.
If I wanted to live in the culture of Jamaica I would move to fucking Jamaica.

I don't. I want to live in the culture of my ancestors. I'm absolutely justified in not wanting that culture more and more rapidly displaced by foreigners and their culture.
>>
Latest brexit poll:
>>72433194
>>
>>72424214
Destroy these genocidal maniacs.

Oh yes there was.
>>
>>72432889
>typical 'muh empire' ,'muh great nation'....you WERE a great empire,France WAS a great empire,Germany WAS an empire...but take a look at the verb tense ! If they saw that they can live better in a union why can't you?
Your problem are not romanians/bulgarians/italians etc that make a legal living in your country...your problem is Achmed which you have been bringing in your country from the '60s yet you will never admit this.You are granting them free housing and welfare ..free money.
You do realise no protectionism is good for you too ..Your companies sell products to my country and ruin our economy this way because we cant protect them.You like this part but only applied to others..typical british hypocrisy.
>>
>>72426380
Immigration is positive because we can afford welfare now, the instant we can't it's going to turn into shit

How are the employment rates today for 1st, 2nd, 3rd gen immigrants? In Finland we recently had article how up to 3rd gen immigrants the welfare mooching is hereditary. Not to mention what happens to crime once we no longer can afford to pay them to act nice
>>
>>72433681
"no protectionism is good for you"... do you not know what the EU is? its a trade block used to protect its own best interest from. Id much rather have the UK decide its own form of protectionism as opposed to having it dictated to us by another entity that has to look out for another 15+ countries. Id also rather now have our country open to people to come over from worse off countries. If free movement was involved in any deal Id rather it be with Germany/France/Canada/Australia/USA
>>
>>72434043
You do realise Germany/France would never want open borders only with other rich countries.The way you make money is controlling the poor countries markets..DUH...you flood their markets with your products and the money comes back to you.
Stop looking only from one angle.EU has brought you prosperity thanks to the Eastern countries too.
Now when you flood our markets with your products you just BTFO all our products.Our companies get fucked and people have to leave the country.Its not like we want to come to your rainy island bong.We are forced by it.
Again you shouldn't be upset on us but on Jamals.Anyway this policy of letting in Jamals wasn't on the Eu agenda from the begining.Its a recent shit.
What is actually needed is Eu to stop placing retards in its comissions and comitees.
>>
>>72433320
Only foreigners are allowed to dislike foreigners.
>>
>>72434766
The common market place has been good but that isnt what we have now. The EU has become a political union that is trying to turn us into the United States of Europe. It takes our money and redistributes it to other countries. Why wouldnt you love the EU? your shithole of a country benefits from it.
>>
>>72424214
>I don't like my countries culture
Please just leave, I really hate you.
>>
>>72427076
I would love to go to America senpai
>>
>>72424214
brexit doesn't mean debtexit
>Image result for uk national debt
As of Q1 2015 UK government debt amounted to £1.56 trillion, or 81.58% of total GDP
>>
>>72434766
Far too late for that they managed to drink their own Kool aid.
>>
Is immigration a positive for Britain?
>Yes 33%
>No 67%

Get fucking rekt son. Also what's this shit doing in the Telegraph? This is Indy/Grauniad tier cuckery.
>>
File: thumb.jpg (17 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
thumb.jpg
17 KB, 240x200
>>72424214
This whole anti-brexit campaign is the most retarded thing I ever have witnessed.

>People in UK (and the rest of EU) are sick and tired of an overreaching EU, that wants to plan and control too many aspects of each member nation.
>Specifically, people are getting touchy on subjects such as immigration, refugee numbers, and overly regulative market policies

their answer?

>BUT IF YOU EXIT, WE CAN'T CONTROL YOUR BORDERS OR YOUR ECONOMY!!!

Seriously, what the fuck is up with this shitty fucking parliament? Do they not see that people want a EU that deals with trade barriers and work only? That was the premise it was built upon.
>>
File: multi.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
multi.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>72438768
>>
>>72439954
Wow, what a spew of utter shit from the fucking leftist when he saw the overwhelming majority disagree with him.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.