[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be chinese >Fucking retarded >Create a language with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 9
File: image.png (158 KB, 440x415) Image search: [Google]
image.png
158 KB, 440x415
>Be chinese
>Fucking retarded
>Create a language with thousands of symbols
>All while doing so don't even think "hmm, maybe 26 letters would be better?"
Why are asians so fucking dumb?
I hear in Japan they still can't completely read a newspaper until they're in high school
What the fuck?
>>
i laughed
>>
Also chopsticks are fucking dumb too
Whats the deal with asians and making incredibly simple solutions like making a fork and making incredibly complex ones like figuring out how to use two sticks to eat instead
>>
>>72402798
What's wrong with chopsticks
>>
>>72402798
Their martial arts are also showy and involve a huge number of pointlessly specific moves, compared to Western martial traditions like wrestling.
>>
>>72402670
Korean master race
>20 characters
>>
>>72402926
Its just a stupid concept
Forks are better and extremely easy to invent
You have to learn to eat with two sticks but a fork is easy enough for babies and picks up a lot more
Would you be happy if you had to eat with chopsticks every single day?
>>
>>72403018
No, that's too few, fuck off
>>
>>72402670
Not to mention their retarded fucking cartoons.

Anime fucking sucks – ALL OF IT.

It’s drawn like shit – stupid big eyes, stupid little noses and mouths.

Why the fuck do the backgrounds always go flying past while they’re just standing still? Why do their mouths and eyes always twitch? The fuck is that?

The lip syncing is shit – even if they were speaking Japanese it would be shit lip syncing because their mouths are drawn with two positions, open or closed. Mouths are much more complex than that.

All the story lines are shit – ALL OF THEM

>INB4 some dumb weaboos say, “no, you need to see blah blah blah, it’s good!”
No, no it’s not.

Weaboos are fucking forever alone virgin faggots.
>>
I bet your just jealous you can't read them. Sad!
>>
>>72402670
>Japan writing
>3 different alphabets
Fuck Japan and their fucking 3 different alphabets, I had to learn that shit for 4 years and I only ever learned 1 alphabet Ill be fucked how they read anything in that country.
>>
>>72402798
Chopstick are used because of I think Taoism or some shit. It was to violent to stab shit you killed and cooked so they decide to nicely pick it up instead. I'm sure someone will respond with the real answer after seeing my attempt but it's some shit like that.
>>
>>72402670
>hey chingchong, we should create a written language to store our knowledge for future generations!
>that sounds like a great idea, chongching, should it be a phonetic alphabet and therefore easy to learn?
>nah lol let's just make it a bunch of squiggly lines
>>
>>72403089
>Would you be happy if you had to eat with chopsticks every single day?
I don't think I would care
>>
Chinamen are great and you're going after the wrong dudes, buster.
>>
>>72403096
lol
>>
>>72403202
Really i mean hiragana is pretty easy as is katakana. It took me a year to learn both.
>>
>>72403096
Quality post m8.
>>
>>72403018
Yeah and you cunts are all going back to Chinese because your new gook alphabet is so simplified that you can't write a thesis paper in it. Fucking Phonetic alphabets LOL.
>>
>>72403561
I learned hiragana in a few days using an app on my phone. Srsly.

Got intimidated by kanji and quit halfway through katakana though.
>>
>>72403433
Back to studying Ling.
>>
File: MOTHKITTY.png (394 KB, 600x578) Image search: [Google]
MOTHKITTY.png
394 KB, 600x578
>>72403664
'Mire my symmetry btw.
>>
>>72402670
Written Chinese first developed from symbols used to interpret oracle bones, after that the symbol base expanded into what it is today.
The thing is that even with all the different types of dialects around the country, their grammar was pretty much the same. A logographic language was a good unifying force - even if you can't understand someone from another area, you both can understand the same written letters.
Not sure where you got the newspaper thing from
>>
>>72403561
>It took me a year to learn both

Filthy gaijin here. Took me a month to learn both plus all the numbers in less than a month while I was still a high school student in Russia way before I even though of coming to Japan.

It's not that hard people.
>>
>>72405037
>Not sure where you got the newspaper thing from

The 2000 most commonly used characters (based on what is seen in newspapers) is considered a middle-school milestone in Japan.
>>
>>72402670

China has a ton of different languages and they can all read the same words when it is written in Chinese.
>>
>>72405037

This isn't actually how it ever worked.

Different Chinese languages/dialects differ in grammar and word usage. Up until the 20th century everyone largely used classical Chinese when writing and then this switched to Modern Standard, which is based on Standard Mandarin.

Actually written forms of other languages like Cantonese exist and are more or less impossible to read if you don't know how.
>>
>>72402670
Source of pic?
>>
>>72402670
It was deliberate, to prevent class mobility. Spoken Chinese is super user friendly. Written Chinese is the equivalent of a British man raising an eyebrow and apologizing for not ... recognizing your novel necktie.
>>
>>72403018
I hate those though because they rotate.
When you make your own system you want the units as unique as possible, takes more work in creation but then will be easier to learn because they are more memorable. Look at Omniglot's created systems section, everybody falls in love with chom choms (h, h", h*) or turning things sideways (cf Tengwar). Resist the temptation and create a unique new symbol.
>>
>>72405419
That's pretty interesting
But compared to something like Latin, didn't written Chinese (no phonetic information) not change much throughout the years and maintain a national identity?
>>
>>72405561
>Written Chinese is the equivalent of a British man raising an eyebrow and apologizing for not ... recognizing your novel necktie.
>>
>>72402670
OP you sound like a NEET fuck

Chinese characters are easy as fuck to read if you grew up with them. You can read a text that says the same thing in Chinese way faster than you can read it in English because you can say way more in way less space.
It's a good thing that some people were (are) too retarded to read them. They died out because they couldn't participate in society. That's called eugenics.
>>
The silly Chinese can't even have phonebooks because there is no hierarchal structure to their absurd language.
>>
>>72402670
This. Chinks are fucking stupid using a language like that
>>
>>72406005
fuck off

>muh 15 grammatical cases

why is that even needed
>>
>>72403561
>It took me a year to learn both.

You wasted a year
>>
>>72405994
>le writing is language meme
>>
>>72405994
Jesus Christ, alphabetical order isn't the only way to sort wordd
>>
>>72405561

This was a good post

Spoken chinese seems almost stupidly simplistic sometimes

>hey should I attempt to make any reference to gender or tense here
>lol no
>>
What is the most redpilled language?
>>
>>72406068
Most of those cases are just suffices that replace words like in, out of, from etc.
>>
>>72406158
>written language isn't language
???
>>
>>72405873
Latin alphabet didn't change much either, and Chinese culture is incomprehensibly dedicated to stasis. The lack of change was both a choice and a cultural thing, not anything to do with the language.
>>
>>72403136
anime...chinese...you are retarded
>>
>>72406303

The language of Dance
>>
>>72406297
It's worse when you understand it, it's like computer syntax.
>>
>>72406297
Is 了 particle really hard to grasp?
>>
>>72402670
>Not Japan you probably mean china... I find it quite impressive that they still keep up their language, even on the internet
>>
>>72405878
I should expand as I thought someone else would mention:
China did have a pseudo-meritocratic process that could theoretically elevate a talented peasant. It depended on a high level of literacy and on familiarity with their philosophers. But in theory it was open to all.
>>
File: 1403429893678.gif (961 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1403429893678.gif
961 KB, 240x180
It's much easier to just use a few symbols to create words with. The simplicity of the language leads to easier conveyance of ideas.

This is why the Chinese got stuck in the same technological bubble for 800 years until Europe took them over. They really could not advance because communication was difficult, especially for the masses.

Japanese and Korean are much easier than written Chinese, though. The commies should've just made the writing system easier if they wanted to throw out culture.
>>
>>72405994
They use the number and arrangement of "radicals" (which are the basic forms).
>>
>>72406350
>The lack of change was both a choice and a cultural thing
Probably pride didn't let Chinese change as much as it could (disregarding simplified Chinese rewrite under mao), but it was also with the face that you can't pronounce a character without memorizing how it sounds.
>>
>>72406562
>The commies should've just made the writing system easier if they wanted to throw out culture.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simplified_Chinese_characters
>>
>>72403136
The lip syncing gets me the most. I went to /a/ once and they all universally agreed nip speak fit better. No the duck it doesn't, you just don't speak the language so your mind says "unnatural voice to unnatural mouth flaps makes sense I guess". They're both done the same way in studios. Stop being weeb garbage.
>>
Asians do a lot of retarded shit. This is what you get when you have societies of people who don't think for themselves.

Chinese are so superstitious and primitive that they won't buy condos/offices on the 4th floor of buildings, because the character used for '4' in Chinese can also be read as 'death'
>>
File: elevator-missing-13th-floor.jpg (150 KB, 900x602) Image search: [Google]
elevator-missing-13th-floor.jpg
150 KB, 900x602
>>72406893
>>
>>72406792
No, they say dubs suck because almost all dubs use the same 4 voice actors who suck. There are good dubs (the original Berserk anime is surprisingly well dubbed), but instead of using "Voice actors", they hired a bunch of singers and actors out of Broadway to do the VA work. Most dubs don't do this however because there is a Voice Actor's union that has a stranglehold over publishers.
>>
>Be human
>create language with 26 letters
>complete idiots that don't know a sequence of 1's and 0's can increase their efficiency by 143%
>cannot even into 100100010010101110101001000110100010101001010
>>
>>72406328
http://www.ling.upenn.edu/courses/Spring_2010/ling001/3-29.pdf

"Writing is not language, but merely a way of recording language by visible marks."
>>
>>72402670
>t. weeb who just failed Japanese 101
>>
>>72407006
01110101 01110010 00100000 01100001 00100000 01100110 01100001 01100111 01100101 01110100
>>
>>72406656
Maybe, it seems to me that accent can creep in.
>>
>>72406987
Anime probably doesn't pay well enough for the better voice actors, honestly. You should see what they get paid for movies or vidya. I'd personally be an editor if any half decent indie studios would release dubs to pirate like they do with subs. Of course, that would take finding actors good enough to act with their voice. You'd be surprised how many "acteurs" get into a booth and rely on their physical expression. How much does Crunchyroll make in revenue? They could probably hire some well-trained students and pay a couple of sound engineers/editors for quality.
>>
>>72403136
Hi ghost
>>
>>72406983

... yeah, those dumb Chinese. Good one. (Western elevator missing the 13th floor.)
>>
>>72407506
Sarcasm can be implied without words
>>
>>72402670
>be murican
>decide to shit the bed worse than other western nations
>bastardize the brits english which was a bastardization of latin
>nobody in europe could read so they mangle a existing language
>dont have enough sense to standardize how things will be spelled dependent on pronunciation
yew , who, clue
>>
>>72402670
>can't read a newspaper until they're in high school
well fuck, that makes education a little bit harder
>>
>>72407405
>Anime probably doesn't pay well enough for the better voice actors, honestly

That's the thing, the Broadway guys were CHEAPER (I mean, how many Musical Theater students do you know that aren't strapped for cash?). Berserk was an ultra-low budget anime, they couldn't afford Union VA's. Projects with bigger budgets basically get bullied into hiring Union members.
To give an example, for Metal Gear Solid V, it was actually cheaper for Kojima Productions to hire Kiefer Sutherland to voice the main character than David Hayter, because Hayter was unionized and the Union demands that members pay be increased by something like 26% per subsequent appearance, which in the 8th game in a franchise, is a lot of fucking money.
>>
>>72402670
>Also chopsticks are fucking dumb too
For once I agree with you Cleetus
>>
>>72403096

Post of the year so far.
>>
>>72406303
French
>>
>>72405465
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddha%E1%B9%83_script
>>
>>72407769
The only thing that surprised me there is MGS actually cutting on a bit of money, considering how much they spent. I still wouldn't rely on Broadway actors, though. They're -and I hate saying this- even more cartoony than Japan's high pitched alien actors.
>>
>>72405929
that's not even remotely true. A lot of Chinese are illiterate and even the literate ones don't know many of the complex characters
>>
>>72402670
Hey it works, the ABC's work for the west and Chinese characters work for China. All civilizations should find their own way to manage their own affairs. To get rid of Chinese characters would not only be pointless since all Chinese know them, it would also destroy the culture the same way as is happening in a lot of western countries or westernized countries. Also, it's a barrier to entry for foreigners since it's so difficult to learn, only real serious people can ever become fluent. Unlike ABC's, which Paco, Abdul can all learn easily and pretend they're real westerners.
>>
Chinks may seem harmless and not that dumb, but they're selfish as fuck and have no creativity at all, i have almost no doubt if the west does itself in completely which it is well on the way to doing, they will continue to grow recklessly, ruin the earths environment beyond repair, and everything will go to shit before they find another planet to colonize and the technology to do so, and humanity will go extinct

>>72405929
>intellect is defined exclusively by your ability to mindlessly memorize
>>
tl:dr version of this thread

FUCK, WHY IS THIS SO HARD. I CAN'T GET ANY CHINK PUSSY. TIME TO SHITPOST ON /POL/
>>
>>72408250
Hayter/The Union was demanding >$1,200,000 for MGSV. Sutherland was around $650k.

>even more cartoony than Japan's high pitched alien actors.
Half the charm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXYiFFM7WH4
>>
File: apo5M4W_700b.jpg (43 KB, 700x405) Image search: [Google]
apo5M4W_700b.jpg
43 KB, 700x405
>>72408282
Yes, this looks like it works well
>>
>>72408340
>implying a chinks can draw a straight line without stealing western designs
Without the west, china collapses
>>
>>72408282
What do keyboards look like there
>>
>>72408467
Chinese use the ABC's to input Chinese characters on computers for the most part. There are also bopomofo, radica, and handwritten input as well. Why don't you go home and read a book.
>>
>>72408458
Can't watch that when I'm eating, m8.
>>
>>72403314
basically they dont know how to eat because they dont know God is what youre saying
>>
The Chinese writing system is actually pretty genius, because they have so many different dialects(essentially different languages) that aren't mutually intelligible, but even if they send a letter from one place to another across China they can still understand what's written.

Pretty useful if you ask me.
>>
>>72408571
ABC's for the most part. China has a romanization of Chinese characters called pinyin. For example, Beijing is the pinyin for 北京, capital city of China. I hear inbtaiwan they have keyboards with this thing called bopomofo, which is similar I guess to hangeul, to phonetically spell out characters for computer input. You can also input characters by inputting their individual parts, which are well defined and classified, and there's also handwritten input. We don't have keyboards with thousands of keys for all the different characters.
>>
>>72408582
Then why does that exist if converting ABCs to chink is so easy?
>>
>>72408582
As an expat, are there any times where you feel like you fit in and not noticeable for being a foreigner?
>>
>>72408692
That's the genius of Chinese. You can even go to Japan and show them a Chinese character and they will know what it means. Especially in ancient times when written word was so important, this was a powerful uniting tool over the vast Chinese people and territory. It might be the reason why China got so big.
>>
>>72405334
U.s. newspapers are written on a fifth grade reading level. Actually I'm sure it's less now.
>>
>>72407678
>bastardize the brits english which was a bastardization of latin
Nigga
>>
>>72408692
Wow
I could write a letter to the UK and theyd be able to read it too
>>
If thadun inklüd moletös telpwi prönunsiäsjön thentha wo'no wåtösä. 26 letös ærn'inuf föyötno ætö prönænsi.
>>
File: Don Draper couldn't handle it.png (329 KB, 601x837) Image search: [Google]
Don Draper couldn't handle it.png
329 KB, 601x837
>>72403136

>Condemning all anime
>>
>>72408871
I can almost understand this oddly enough.
>>
im
calling
other
people
retards
while
i
type
this
t.
op
>>
>>72408871
Dingä Allähü dongäj Ackbař
>>
>>72405873
yes, most chinese students can read confucius (500bc) in the text with very basic training.
>>
>>72403089
china invented fork and gave it to the euro pea ants
>>
Eleven grammar is easy you casual. Learning the runes is the fucking hard part. I just use Rikai because I'm lazy.
>>
>>72408747
Why does what exist? The characters? Because it's inseparable part of the culture. The other inputs? Each person has their own preference, some like this way some like that way.
>>72408751
It helps to not have colored hair, I feel sometimes like if I were a Dutch man with blonde hair and blue eyes it might be impossible to fit in.
However I'm still a foreigner, I have a big nose, forehead, somewhat curly hair and I am white.
At first it's hard to blend in. But if your Chinese is really, really good, and you understand the way they think and do like the Romans do, they grow to accept you some do. I have plenty of friends that treat me no different from their Chinese compatriots. It's a rewarding feeling to be honest.
>>
>>72408795

Where you living in Zhongguo
>>
>>72408930
Woöspræs, namericön ka'undöstan wenæ tolk pråpö.
>>
>>72408857
Yeah, but you can't write a letter to a German who doesn't speak English and expect that he understands what written.

But you can write a letter to a person in Guangdong province in China, who doesn't speak Mandarin but Cantonese, and he'll understand what's written.

So it isn't really analogous at all you sperg.
>>
>>72403202
we have two :p
abcdefghijklmnopqursuvwxyz
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
>>72403561
damn dude its not even that hard
>>
>>72409073
Beijing, my time here's almost over actually, going back to the USA in a couple weeks. On my way to Hong Kong to refresh my visa.
>>
>>72409134
Björn öbeÿ bürka lä ïsîs dingä fikï fikï
>>
>>72409177
That's because German and English are different languages fuckhead. I can write a letter to someone in Wales and they will understand it. I can't understand a fucking word the Welsh say, but I can still understand writing.
>>
>>72407678
>nobody in europe could read so they mangle a existing language

It may be mangled but I love how we can make almost any word into a verb or adjective ad hoc. I also like our phrasal verbs, where we can add another word to a verb (e.g. get out, get off, get up) to explain things that may require more words in another language. I understand the latter are particulary tricky to learn for foreigners though..
>>
>>72409134
I can. Its funny i thought it was welsh at first.

Still dont get the point youre trying to make though.
>>
>>72409253
>That's because German and English are different languages fuckhead.

So is Cantonese and Mandarin you mongoloid. They are literally as different from each other as English is from German, and aren't mutually intelligible at all when spoken, but the Chinese use the same writing system, so they can still read something even if they don't have the ability to talk to each other.
>>
>>72408747
if you forgot the reading
>>
>>72409214
Bu'ædyö prönæns letös inyö alfabe? Tekfregsampel væl kombinäsjön 'ea'. Tha'avtö säi difren'li in 'cheap', 'hear' ön 'head'.
>>
>>72409226

Interesting. Too much pollution in Beijing for me. I'll be heading to Chengdu for the summer in a couple weeks.

Fuck I love the new 10 year visa
>>
>>72409444
so just phonetics with spaces for speech breaks?
>>
>>72409444
what language is this so i can translate?
>>
>>72409301
I'm saying English is infuriating because spelling does not determine pronunciation. Even as a native speaker, if I come across a new word in a text I risk pronouncing it wrong and looking a fool. If we had more characters in our alphabet then we would be much better able to represent vowel sounds and emphases in written words.
>>
>>72409373
Kind of like us and the Australians. I can understand them shitposting on here, but I had an Australian girlfriend once, and I had no fucking clue what her family was talking about.
>>
>>72409624

Old South Wales
>>
>>72409624
English.

>>72409555
Yep.

It's painful hearing Southerners trying to read aloud Northern poetry. They get even the simplest words wrong: 'I' should be pronounced like æ (think aah), not ai.
>>
>>72409624
I think it's phonetic english.
But how do you pronounce letters in the alphabet? Take for example the combination 'ea'. They have to sound different in'cheap', 'hear' and head.
>>
>>72408682
Yes would most certainly not have themselves "washed in the blood" of the Lamb or any lamb for that matter
>>
>>72409887
thanks
>>
>>72409832
>It's painful hearing Southerners trying to read aloud Northern poetry. They get even the simplest words wrong: 'I' should be pronounced like æ (think aah), not ai.

Truly all the grace and beauty befitting of Manchester
>>
>>72402670
>Create a language with thousands of symbols
It keeps out the retards you fucking retard.
>>
>>72409462
Yeah that's the thing about Beijing. I really like a lot of Beijing but there's a lot of stress here, coming from the pollution and the overpopulation and so on. Chengdu might be my favorite city in China actually. You'll enjoy it. Beautiful women there. Good food. Not so bad with the population or pollution. How long can you stay at a time on those ten year things?
>>
>>72409832
English doesn't have any Eternals who preserve the language like French does so there isn't much you can do about chain shifts. The common change in The US is caught and cot sounding the same.
>>
>>72403096
>>>>>>>>>20 letters used
>>
>>72410088

90 days at a time on the tourist visa which is valid for 10 years. Yeah I''ve spent a bit of time in Chengdu, its great and so fucking cheap. I'll still be running air purifiers 24/7 indoors but the air quality isn't even half as bad as Beijing
>>
>>72409651
Homographs would drive any non-native speaker up the wall I'd wager.

Bass or bass?
Bow or bow?
Tear or tear?
>>
>>72410364
Probably not. Most people learn it conversationally first and most of these rules make sense in context. The hardest part is probably where to place emphasis.
>>
>>7240267
Chinese are fucking stupid
They are also uncreative, and they only know how to copy other people stuff
>>
>>72410364
>>72410560
Also I should clarify that conversational english is actually pretty difficult to pick up because small unstressed words often blend together or completely disappear. 'Go to the store' can easily become 'Gota store.' It requires a good sense of context and it's difficult to fully grasp unless you're a native speaker. Most non-native speakers think they speak better than they do because native speakers understand context well enough to pick apart their intended message from their errors.
>>
>>72403136
anime isn't chinese.
so I realize you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>72403202
You're a fucking retard if you study something for 4 years and can't even get the 2 basic phonetic alphabets down. Oh wait you're Australian.
>>
>>72402670
The writing script is used by over two dozen languages who often have little to nothing in common.
>>
>>72410088
>Not so bad with the pollution

You mean it's only like smoking a pack of cigarettes a day?

In China you really feel unhealthy and have throat infections regularly. That stops when you get back to America, Europe, or Japan.
>>
>>72403314
I heard it was something to do with it bring considered rude if you prepared a meal for dome guests and expected them to 'finish' the preparation by cutting it up before they can eat it. I think the point is that it should be immediately edible. Fucking retarded.
But I could be talking shit, of course. Not about them being retarded, which is a sensible observation in general, but about the chopsticks thing.
>>
>>72411385

After a while it becomes self sustaining, don't think all these ancient customs are a reason for people now.
Food is prepared for easy handing with chopsticks, therefore everybody uses chopsticks.
I'm a Gajin and I prefer chopsticks for most Japanese food. Most Japanese use western utensils when eating in a Western restaurant.
>>
>>72402670
>26 letters
Only english. Other Latin alphabets have more.
>>
My go-to argument for China adopting some kind of letter system is that when the West saw that the Arabic number system (which they stole from India) was better for arithmetic than Roman numerals, we adopted it.
>>
>>72411346
That's an exaggeration. Maybe I just have a strong resistance but my health is same as always. Chengdu is actually purdy good.
>>
>>72412787
That's not a good reason to abolish one of the main columns that holds up Chinese culture. Chinese get along just fine with the characters in their daily lives. As a side note, Chinese also adopted the Arabic numerals.
>>
>>72413149

They don't even have to get rid of the characters, just provide an alternative that would make communication easier.
>>
>>72411940
>English alphabet
American education
>>
>>72411940
I can't believe what I just read.
>>
>Be American
>Use retarded measurements that make no sense and are terrible to convert
>Write dates in literally the stupidest way possible
Why are white people so fucking dumb?
>>
>>72403314
In Japan, bamboo is plenty, but metals are rare (even katanas were made of shit quality metals). Bamboo forks would fall apart quickly, so they use literally sticks to eat pre-cut food.
>>
>>72411385
>Calling people retarded
You realise you're from the UK right? The FUCKING UK.
>Flood the country with useless pakis who hate you and rape your children
>Vote for the government to take away all your rights such as right to privacy and right to be detained without trial
>Houses fitted with sinks that have two taps, one for hot and one for cold (seriously how could anybody think this is a good idea?)
>>
>>72413293
What do you mean? Chinese people use them to communicate all the time with no problem? It's the only ways for centuries that they could understand each other through their dialects which were very different in sound. The written characters were what made China as a country possible.
>>
>>72402926
they literally have to prepare the food in small chunks, use adhesive rice so you can eat it with the sticks
Instead of making the tool one time and then benefitting from the easier usage throughout your eating, it's more like they have to work around the lack of tool creation at the moment of eating and train it to become masters of improvision when it isn't needed
>>
Chinese is fucked. Knowing a high number of squiggles is a status symbol.
>>
>>72414131
You realise people showing off by using big words is the same in your culture, right?
>>
I always thought that might be why asians are smart they have to learn so many damn symbols just to read some hentai desu senpai
>>
>>72408282
>Unlike ABC's, which Paco, Abdul can all learn easily and pretend they're real westerners.

Nigga Spanish is closer to Latin (the western language) than English is.
>>
Friendly reminder that the reason gooks love rote learning is because their language encourages it.
>>
>>72402670
It's a system designed so that only educated people can communicate. Which is why their society will be at the bottom forever.
>>
>>72403136
Anime is a word used for Japanese cartoons, not chinese. But yeah most Japanese cartoons sucks
>>
>>72406792
>They're both done the same way in studios.
The script is done before the animation. Do you seriously think the mouth flap timing is done at random? Obviously it will be much easier to match the Japanese voices to animation based on a Japanese script.
The result is that the dubbed version will either have to adjust the dialogue to the mouth flaps (which restricts your freedom to translate properly) or just running with it and fucking up the mouth flap voice syncronization.

The only exception to that would be Disney where they have the money to reanimate mouth flaps.

And the arguments generally used to say that Japanese is better could be used for literally any other original language, so I don't understand where the weeb part comes from.
>>
If you want an easy language to pick up (at first) without a fucking butt fuck retarded writing system, Korean is the go bruh.

You can thank King Sejong the Great (세종대왕) for literally creating one of the simplest and fool proof writing systems on the planet.
>>
>>72403136
japs refuse to dedicate resources to "silly cartoons". They draw less frames, have poor movement and the characters have no geometrical integrity at all. the environment is a backgroud painting that is poorly integrated and recycled at every opportunity. sometimes you even have the impression dialogues are dragged out so the same scene can be used longer, but it's hard to tell since the storyline sucks so much, making it possible to tell if it's intentional or not. most japanese do not value the daily anime flicker, that stuff is created for kids / outcasts and those impulsively eat it up.
>>
File: 1461595300109.png (531 KB, 958x536) Image search: [Google]
1461595300109.png
531 KB, 958x536
>>72403136
complaining about anime on a website made to post about anime
>>
>>72416089
Yet despite that it's better than western cartoons.
Unless you're a fucking brony
>>
>>72415982
the team behind Dragon Ball Z abridged reanimate the mouth flaps and they do it for free. Professional dubbing companies have no excuses.
>>
>>72402670
There are a smaller number of radicals used to make characters. Characters are words, radicals are letters.
>>72402798
>chopsticks are hard to use
Lol. That's your problem mate.
>>
>>72403334
You can guess a character with 70% accuracy by reading the right half.
>>
>>72410914
said a Java monkey.
>>
>>72417902
I still dont understand why those acient Chinese invent chopsticks? It was so unnatural. I mean knife and fork is apparently a easier solution to grasp something, but why chopsticks?
>>
>>72419123
They're our version of the fork. You can spear something with them, or if it's too hard to spear, pick it up. You can even eat rice with it if the rice is sticky.
>>
File: legionary.jpg (1001 KB, 1768x2770) Image search: [Google]
legionary.jpg
1001 KB, 1768x2770
>Be germanic
>Fucking retarded
>Create a language with 26 letters
>All while doing so don't even think "hmm, maybe 20 letters would be better?"
Why are germanic people so fucking dumb?
I hear in England they can't even pronounce properly until they're in middle school
What the fuck?
>>
File: 4chan.jpg (936 KB, 1400x1928) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
936 KB, 1400x1928
>>72403136
Obligatory
>>
>>72414043

>not designing an elegant way of eating food which demands skill and concentration by the user
>Instead design a tool to simply shovel food into your mouth which even a monkey can use
>>
>>72406303
>>72406303
Le francais
Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.