[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Euthanasia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: enthanasia.jpg (157 KB, 616x342) Image search: [Google]
enthanasia.jpg
157 KB, 616x342
Is /pol/ authoritarian or libertarian? What do you guys think of euthanasia?
>>
>>72398268
let it happen
>>
I hate it. Self driving cars are legitimately physically needed by an infintesimal fraction of the population. Same with this. And they get the hospitals to do it too. It's just macabre and wrong. On boxes of gloves the companies use the oath as a slogan now, putting, First Do No Harm. But go ahead and do harm. When you do this, bullying laws go out the window. We ignore our rape shield laws up here. Common law sucks. Why not just have an executioner do it or allow familicide for some reason
>>
>>72398525
Also you are not allowed to do what you like with your children insofar as medical decisions go. Whatever
>>
>>72398268
When you're dying they load you up with morphine anyway until you stop breathing. Or at least they do for now, until The Opioid Crisis makes it impossible again like it used to be during the first "crisis". After all, people actively dying could get hooked on the Poppy Jew and ruin their lives.
>>
>>72398268
As long they stream it. I'm cool with it.
>>
authoritarianism > weed dudes
>>
>>72398268
I'm authotarian on many issues but I'll let people kill themselves and their unborn fetuses.
>>
>>72398686
That's far better than this. Putting people on icebergs again. And what if a cure comes out? We forget what is palliative care when we do this. I believe life is in the heart and you're not killing with morphine it's just you either recover or more slowly or you don't. Then the brain death thing comes into play. But just Green Mileing someone is weird to me
>>
>>72398268
K-kill yourself OP
>>
>>72398268
>euthanasia
A medical professional's job is to keep people alive and healthy. Just because some pussy is too scared to die a natural death doesn't mean someone should be manufacturing chemicals designed to kill people.
>>
>>72398525
>hospitals
Hospitals make mistakes all the time. I don't want lethal injections being anywhere near a hospital.
>>
>>72399534
Too late now. Another shitpile the gen xs and ys can handle
>>
>>72399534
Um as an athiest millenial, I trust doctors. You are tied to the archaic worship of a skydaddy.

Unlike you, I believe in SCIENCE and don't hang on to outdated religious relics.
>>
>>72399904
I do too but this is where science ends. Besides. Science is but itself a religion
>>
>>72398761
I am ȕstaša now.
>>
>>72398268
>Is /pol/ libertarian
Definitely not this election cycle... Although there is a few of us paleolibertarians around.
>>
>>72398268
should be legal
>>
It's a waste of money to manufacture chemicals to kill people when you can kill people spending nothing at all. In my society, I give murderers a death penalty which I can do by throwing them in a locked room for a few days or getting a cop to snap their neck.
>>
>>72400109
>science is but itself a religion

i r8 your b8 as hella g8 m8, its puts me in a st8 that infl8s how ir8 i am.
>>
I watched my grandfather writhe in pain constantly for the last 3 months of his life. I remember my dad begging his father to let go and let the suffering end. I certainly can't imagine wanting to live through immense pain for any extended period of time.
If a person is conscious enough to make that decision, then it should be an option.
Get a doctor's prediction for a timespan on worsening, or alleviating, then add a few extra months onto that to create a cooldown period.
But ultimately, people should be able to kill themselves if they wish to.
>>
File: voluntary-euthanasia.jpg (212 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
voluntary-euthanasia.jpg
212 KB, 1024x576
>>72398268
Guns are already legal in the US.
Most able-bodied people can buy one and shoot themselves if they wanted to.
'Suicide-by-cop' is a thing. If you want to you can have a state-approved executioner, you just have to scare him and his buddies a little first.

When we have a suffering, loved pet and we know it won't get any better and will just continue to suffer in this state, most of us believe that it is better to put it out of it's misery rather than letting it suffer.

Why are people wishing for a painless death any different?
Euthanasia is a choice, just like any other form of suicide. It is simply a more clean, peaceful and dignified way to go.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.