[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we post a fact, and then try to spin the fact of the previous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8
File: 20101221.gif (63 KB, 540x560) Image search: [Google]
20101221.gif
63 KB, 540x560
ITT we post a fact, and then try to spin the fact of the previous poster in a positive light.

GDP growth was only .5% last quarter.
>>
>>72367083

non-whites have higher fertility rates than whites

>protip: you can't
>>
>>72367246
The only way to dismantle white privilege is to breed out whiteness.
>>
>>72367246
It means we can continue the infinite-growth model of capitalism for much longer than current demographics would allow!

Fact: Eventually, the sun will expand and consume the Earth.
>>
That's depressing, I'm 18 and a virgin
>>
>>72367374
White privilege does not exist
>>
>>72367468
You must be white then!
>>
>>72367427
>Fact: Eventually, the sun will expand and consume the Earth.
Eventually we wont have to listen to Sjws and racial minorities cry all the time.
>>
>>72367083
>GDP growth was only .5% last quarter.+ 0 post omitted.

Growth is growth, no matter how minuscule.
>>
>>72367427
Solar power will see a temporary spike in viability, saving millions on green energy.

Fact: I sat on my balls when I came back from getting a cup of tea.
>>
>>72367083
Fact: If you're to be divorced your ex wife is more likely to get custody and alimony than you are.
>>
>>72367468
Thats absolutely degenerate, I have defeated temptation of the flesh and remain chaste.
>>
>>72367835
Those kids sucked anyways
>>
>>72367792
>Fact: I sat on my balls when I came back from getting a cup of tea.
British men no longer have balls.
>>
>>72367835
I didn't need to spend that much money on haircuts.
>>
>>72367947
edit. I was insinuating that you should be happy that you at least have balls.
>>
>>72367947
Plenty of us are descended from you cunts, so it's a wonder we ever had them.
>>
>>72367083
Fact: The pope is a jesuit trying to destroye the white race.
>>
>>72368152
I'm sorry about London Bridge - it was a good bridge.
>>
>>72367747
ah, but not if economic growth doesn't track with population growth. we're barely keeping up with it, given we add 2 million a year, and a large chunk of our population isn't productive as well. some growth is better than none,but too little is still bad.
>>
>>72368252
Meh, it was a better dam. If you feel like burning that shithole down again, I certainly won't make a fuss.
>>
Donald Trump will be president of the United States most likely.
>ibn4 buttmad trumpkins say it's a positive
>>
>>72368469
At least Hillary or Bernie wont be presidents.
>>
>>72368621
You're supposed to spin it positively #NeverTrump
>>
>>72368621
Jeb Bush> Marco Rubio> Ted Cruz>John Kasich> Jim Webb>Hillary Clinton>Bernie Sanders>Donald Trump
>>
>>72368018
Under rated post

>JUST
>>
>>72368729
>>72368859
How is that not a positive?
>>
>>72368990
Because Donald Trump is literally the most dangerous and radical candidate. A madman.
>>
File: at last.png (6 KB, 227x191) Image search: [Google]
at last.png
6 KB, 227x191
>>72367083
everything is positive in the eyes of god.
because it's all part of the game. The game includes both "bad" and "good." That's what makes it interesting.
If there were no bad, good would lose its meaning. If there were no good, bad would lose its meaning.

Every fact posted in this thread can easily be spun as a good thing if you treat it as being part of the game.
>>
>>72369133
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>72369327
If God can do anything, why can't he make it so good doesn't lose it's meaning?

*tips fedora*
>>
File: bb4.png (876 KB, 1378x592) Image search: [Google]
bb4.png
876 KB, 1378x592
But the one on the left is actually objective. That comic sucks, this is now a Ben Garrison thread.
>>
>>72369327
>everything is positive in the eyes of god.

God is such a queer paradox to me. If you are wisdom incarnate, love everlasting, invincible rock of eternal and unyielding stone, they why do you NEED anything? Or even want it? How can perfection have want? Anger? Jealousy?

How can imperfection flow from perfection?

If God exists, I confess I find His being alien and confusing, and it's not love that blooms in my heart, but a quiet dread at being the plaything of some ancient, alien being, helpless unless I play the role he demands. i'll go to hell with a question on my lips and a heart full of sadness, if it's hell I'm bound to.
>>
File: useful-idiots-by-ben-garrison.jpg (3 MB, 3000x2068) Image search: [Google]
useful-idiots-by-ben-garrison.jpg
3 MB, 3000x2068
>>
>>72369432
>can't handle other opinions
>fuck off omg I can't stand you violating my safe space hurrr
>>
>>72369645
He can, you're just unable to percieve it because you're limited by your human nature.

But shennanigans aside, if you ever come to read "Cloud of the Unknowing" you will find that the above arguement is the core go-to arguement of christians in that age of time.
>>
>>72368859
>Jeb is still paying shills
HOLY SHIT
>>
>>72369886
If God can do anything, why did he limit human nature in such a way that makes us unable to perceive it?

*tipping intensifies*
>>
>>72369886
But that begs the question of why our nature cripples us so.

The tale of Adam and Eve is clearly metaphorical, but metaphorical of WHAT? What message is there, but one that says the knowledge is poison and death, and that God waned us ignorant and docile. Was Adam not more worthy as he sweat in the fields and EARNED his salvation with good heart and repentance than as a mindless, naked slave?
>>
>>72369835
>>>/out/
>>
>>72369990
Positive twist: at least he had a lot of money
>>
>>72369886
Not saying that it is evidence, but it's likely that there are things we simply cannot comprehend.

Our minds have a finite physically limit (this is called our brain). The same way an ant can never understand philosophy no matter how much teaching it recieves, there are almost certainly things we are not perceiving even though they are there.
>>
>>72370088
Ask god. I'm also limited so I can't give you the answers, only the senses.
>>
>>72370123
>assblasted trumpfag can't handle different opinions because he gets too triggered
>>
Trannies are mentally ill.
>>
>>72370114
Don't know. I never read the bible. Thought Adam and Eve was from the jewish part.
>>
>>72370183
Funny coincidence, making reality in such a way that it's precisely identical to a reality where he doesn't exist.
>>
>>72369735
That is a good question.
I think it is naively anthropocentric to view god as having wants, desires, emotions, etc. Pantheism/panentheism/monism are much more mature views.
I prefer to view reality as a sort of inescapable side effect, similar to the Mathematical Universe Hypothesis.
In the beginning, there was unity, and it was perfect and eternal. No ying/yang. No other side of the coin. Then god poked the unity and created duality, imperfection, impermanence. The ripples of this disturbance expanded fractally throughout space and time, creating an infinite multiverse of dualistic possibility.
I dunno. I haven't settled upon an explanation that I find totally satisfying yet.

A more anthropocentric view is that god has human-like qualities, and got bored of playing god, so he became us instead. Being imperfect is far more interesting than being perfect.
>>
>>72370258
At least they'll die someday
>>
>>72370359
kek
>>
>>72370332
Here's a view of god that I enjoy: http://www.mit.edu/people/dpolicar/writing/prose/text/godTaoist.html
>>
New York was the first state to require cars to have license plates.

>>72370359
We all get to die someday :)
>>
>>72370332
What if God was then just fractured into all of the human race? Isn't that somehow what the holy spirit of the trinity is about?
>>
>>72370205
>>>/trash/
>>
>>72370519
You're supposed to say negetive things. Life and death are a part of a positive cycle.
Also for your other one you can find your stolen car faster
>>
>>72370157
I do not mock you, but that's no argument at all. Russel's teapot may yet whiz through open space, but barring evidence, we cannot speculate.

We can look into the hearts of dying stars with telescopes that float above the clouds, and we have ripped the bonds of matter asunder and watched a second sun's flash turn the night horizon blue and then red with baleful nuclear light, we have strangled plagues into extinction and we have walked,trembling and frail, upon the skin of our fair moon, and we see in lights that our poor eyes cannot begin to detect, and we see, everywhere, a void,full of shining jewel-like stars and awesome ,black-hearted galaxies that would take ten thousand lifetimes and more to cross, and yet no sign of God, or his goodness.

I speak to you intones of sadness. I wish for God to exist, but I can't bring myself to believe something I know is a comforting lie.
>>
>>72370563
Wow so original. Are you so limpwristed you won't even call bait? You just say "omg get out of my safe space I'm triggered reee"
>>
>>72370543
I find the Christian view of god as a patriarch and the Trinity to be confusing and misleading. In the pantheistic view, "god" is just another name for everything we experience as reality. God isn't just humans, but aliens and plants and rocks and light and sadness and mathematics as well.

>>72370679
Ultimately, we must each choose the axioms that we base our beliefs upon. All axioms are inescapably arbitrary, and must be taken on faith. Personally, I choose to believe that reality has meaning and purpose and intention. I can't back this up with reason, but that's ok. Reason is just one tool in the toolshed.
>>
>>72370679
Tis is that God is so almighty that neither the tower of Babylon nor the voyage of outer space can ever give us the glimpse of his physical shape. God can only be found within you.
>>
>>72370679
>we see, everywhere, a void,full of shining jewel-like stars and awesome ,black-hearted galaxies that would take ten thousand lifetimes and more to cross, and yet no sign of God, or his goodness

The atheist looks through his telescope at the stars and says, "I see no god here."
The deist looks through the same telescope and says, "that's strange, I can't see anything BUT god!"
>>
>>72370928
I like you - you seem like a smart guy.
>>
>>72370730
>>>/b/
>>
>>72371343
>>>/retard/
>>
File: saint panteleimon.jpg (355 KB, 1280x723) Image search: [Google]
saint panteleimon.jpg
355 KB, 1280x723
>>72369327

If you accept that all is part of the game, then everything is perfect. No one can ever do wrong, except by human standards. But for god, morality has no meaning.
What is god's religion, then? I call it "Nothism."

Nothism is the only religion that asks nothing of you. It does not admonish you for your sins, nor does it offer advice for living a better life. The primary (and only) tenet of Nothism is that you're just fine how you are. Whether you're suffering or content, closed- or open-minded, a murderer or a pacfist -- it's all good. Just keep doing that. (Or don't.)
The dogma of Nothism is a single sentence: "forget you heard this."
You are already practicing Nothism -- you have no other choice! Fortunately, Nothism is compatible with all other human belief systems. So wherever you are, take solace in the fact that you are surrounded by fellow adherents.
>>
Fact: Among white populations, Autism per capita is at an all-time high in Human history.
>>
File: sock.jpg (233 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
sock.jpg
233 KB, 600x700
Life is a set of machines designed to reduce their own entropy and maintain their integrity in the face of the forces of decay. In order to do this, by the second law of thermodynamics, they must increase the entropy of the overall universe. For our clocks to be wound up, "clocks" in the external universe need to wind down, and there is loss on every exchange. Therefore, if we identify god with the universe, we see that in every moment, god dies a little such that we might live.
>>
>>72370928
>Ultimately, we must each choose the axioms that we base our beliefs upon. All axioms are inescapably arbitrary, and must be taken on faith. Personally, I choose to believe that reality has meaning and purpose and intention. I can't back this up with reason, but that's ok. Reason is just one tool in the toolshed.
I can't fault you for that. I find some beauty in the idea of meaninglessness, but I have the quivering shape of Ego in me, and that still yammers in terror of death. I will keep an open mind. What other choice is there?
>>
>>72370953
>Tis is that God is so almighty that neither the tower of Babylon nor the voyage of outer space can ever give us the glimpse of his physical shape. God can only be found within you.
Then why is it that God was so fearful of man that he saw fit to rend our Tower of Babel asunder, then?
"But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. The LORD said, "If as one people speaking one language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

>>72371038
The Atheist sees reality as it is and seeks to impose his will upon it, and to make it good or evil.
The Deist sees reality how we wishes to see it, the canvas of God, and desires not to make it his own.

>>72372069
>What other choice is there?
Realize that Man is Good, in both the individual and in the collective; We Are Good. Nothing shall be impossible for us, and someday the stars themselves will tremble at our footfalls.
There is no God amongst the stars, and we will gladly fill that position.

>>72371038
>>
File: oscillating.gif (430 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
oscillating.gif
430 KB, 300x300
>>72372069
It is good to fear death. If not for our fear of death, humans would not be nearly so productive!

And an open mind is good as well. As soon as you believe you have found Truth, your brain shuts off a little. But ultimately, our brains require a consistent view of reality in order to get anything done. So it is no great failing to drop your metaphysical anchor after a long period of searching.

If you want a comforting view of death, here's one of my theories:
Every moment that you are alive, you are intensely focused, straining with enormous effort. What are you concentrating on? You are trying to contain your true self from escaping the limited, mortal, fallible flesh-bag that you inhabit. You don't realize that you're doing this, because you've been doing it unconsciously since before you were born. But when you die, you will no longer be able to maintain this focus. And a great sigh will echo across time and space as you remember that you are not a single human, but the whole Monad. It will be like the lights coming on in the theater after you have been entranced by a movie for hours.
>>
>>72369735
>If you are wisdom incarnate, love everlasting, invincible rock of eternal and unyielding stone, they why do you NEED anything?
>why would God want to create something instead of just sitting on his ass doing nothing?

Really?
>>
>>72372604
>why is it that God was so fearful of man?
>If as one people speaking one language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them.
God was not fearful. God merely did not want humans to become gods. Not because he was afraid of being usurped, but because he wanted humans to play a particular role: the role of being powerful, but not all-powerful; knowing, but not all-knowing; benevolent, but not all-benevolent.
If we became gods, we would quickly reach the same conclusion that god reached, and we too would seek to create mortals. Then the cycle would simply begin again.

(NOTE: I don't personally believe or endorse a Christian view of god.)
>>
>>72372795
>But when you die, you will no longer be able to maintain this focus. And a great sigh will echo across time and space as you remember that you are not a single human, but the whole Monad. It will be like the lights coming on in the theater after you have been entranced by a movie for hours.
You imply that the consciousness of man is transcendent beyond reality, and that this great relief is anything but the temporary delusion of a dying mind stretched into a subjective infinity before oblivion takes it.
Death should not be accepted, it must be fought and struggled against every moment of one's life, the perceived futility of it be damned. Existence is good, and as far as we know, this existence is all we have. Let us make it good, and attempt to make it last as long as possible. Nature eventually wins, that is certain, but I do not believe that such a state of affairs is indefinite.

>>72373223
Then God is a very poor Father indeed, then; he who would deny his children maturity for fear of them surpassing him. Why is this cycle bad, in any case? If God exists, then he has given us the greatest gift imaginable, the gift of existence; why ought we not give this very same gift to our own children, who will in turn surpass us and do the same? Existence is too wonderful to withhold from the uncountably infinite possible sapients yet to exist.
>>
>>72373202
Are you implying God can be bored?
>>
>>72367246
More slaves and meat for the war machine!
>>
>>72373459
>Death should not be accepted, it must be fought and struggled against every moment of one's life, the perceived futility of it be damned
I agree, as I stated in my post. I simply like to imagine comforting possibilities.

>If God exists, then he has given us the greatest gift imaginable, the gift of existence; why ought we not give this very same gift to our own children, who will in turn surpass us and do the same?
I believe that this will indeed come to pass, in the form of simulations. If you accept the simulation argument, then it is overwhelmingly likely that we were not created directly by god, but by the inhabitants of "one level removed."
See http://www.simulation-argument.com/simulation.html
This isn't metaphysically satisfying, though; it just kicks the can down the road. Who created the creators? etc.
>>
>>72373797
I don't accept the simulation argument, to be honest, although I wouldn't be too upset if it turned out to be real.

That being said, I do like to imagine that humanity is actually the first race of sapients in this universe, or at least within our Hubble Volume; that we are the first and only, that we are the progenitors, the precursors, the forerunners, and that we shall eventually seed our universe with life to experience reality differently than man.

If the simulation argument is not true, then it would be a cruel mockery of our children to make it true for them, and to cast ourselves as the only "real" creator rather than letting them experience the same reality, the same existence, as we did.
>>
>>72367835
it's not like they were your kids anyways
>>
>>72369817
Who was the one warping bens comics? From most the comics I've seen he's pretty cool
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.