[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>A 38-year-old woman is arguing that even though she does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: meternity_main1a.jpg (55 KB, 664x441) Image search: [Google]
meternity_main1a.jpg
55 KB, 664x441
>A 38-year-old woman is arguing that even though she does not have any kids, she is still like, totally entitled to maternity leave. The woman, Meghann Foye, recently came out with a book titled Meternity — the fictional story of a woman who fakes a pregnancy to get maternity leave. In an interview with the New York Post, Foye explained that even though the story in her book is fictional, it is rooted in her very real belief that childless women should get maternity leave, too.

>Yep. Foye told the Post that she was 31 years old and working as a magazine editor when she started feeling like it wasn’t fair that the people who had kids got to, like, leave early to pick up those kids and take off time to have them. “The more I thought about it, the more I came to believe in the value of a ‘meternity’ leave — which is, to me, a sabbatical-like break that allows women and, to a lesser degree, men to shift their focus to the part of their lives that doesn’t revolve around their jobs,” Foye said.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/434714/meternity-meghann-foye-new-york-post-interview
>>
>>72353848
>and, to a lesser degree, men
what
>>
File: 1438240631002.jpg (104 KB, 574x833) Image search: [Google]
1438240631002.jpg
104 KB, 574x833
>>
You mean she wants, like, vacation days? Oh my god, why hasn't anyone, like, totally ever thought of that before.
>>
>>72353848
Maybe it should lose some pounds and it could land itself a real man.
>>
She can move to Venezuela. I heard they only work 2 days a week there.
>>
>>72353848
How do people have so little shame to do the things they do?
>>
>>72354003
How dare you sir!

Thats an insult to dogs!
>>
she's making it sound like people on maternity leave are just goofing off. taking care of kids is exhausting as fuck, we should be glad she's childless considering how fucking lazy and fat she is.
>>
File: fry-it-does-make-sense.jpg (102 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
fry-it-does-make-sense.jpg
102 KB, 500x375
>>72353848
>allows women and, to a lesser degree, men
See she's trying to evolve into a humanist.

She isn't there yet, but baby steps are good!

Why not just give everyone a flexible system and the ability to take time off when needed, without having to inquire exactly what they need to do on their off time?

The other third-wavers will drag her off to a re-education camp if they can though.
>>
And yet if they all had maternity leaves, they'd still bitch about being paid less
>>
>>72354378
hey reddit I haven't seen you in a while
how's it going
>>
>>72353848
She couldn't even use her brain to realize why people get leave for kids. So fucking dumb.
>>
>>72354378
>Why not just give everyone a flexible system and the ability to take time off when needed, without having to inquire exactly what they need to do on their off time?

You can get a job that does that now?
Why does the government need to get involved?
>>
>>72354372
Employers pay you based on the value you bring to the company, not on how hard you work. That's why janitors don't get paid as much as web developers even though the web developer doesn't work anywhere nearly as hard as the janitor does. That raising a child is difficult work doesn't add anything to a company's profitability. It shouldn't be their responsibility or even their concern what kind of parent you are or how difficult it is for you to be one. If you want to argue that children are good for society as a whole, argue for society as a whole to pay the salaries of workers on childcare leave instead of making the company do it. This is actually how it works in some countries and is in essence a tax on the childless and a subsidy for parents.
>>
>>72354818
>reddit
never

>>72355107
And I *have* a job that does that now, thanks. It's :D

Like I said, baby steps, she'll get there eventually if she keeps moving.
>>
>>72356830
>>reddit
>never
>>72356830
>And I *have*
>*have*
Absolutely reddit.
>>
>>72354145
t. Capitalist Radio listener
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.