[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Woman wants all the perks of maternity leave — without having
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 15
File: temp.png (209 KB, 567x1773) Image search: [Google]
temp.png
209 KB, 567x1773
http://nypost.com/2016/04/28/i-want-all-the-perks-of-maternity-leave-without-having-any-kids/

>Meghann Foye has never had a kid, but believes childless women are entitled to a "meternity" leave of their own to reflect on their lives.

>I came to believe in the value of a “meternity” leave — which is, to me, a sabbatical-like break that allows women and, to a lesser degree, men to shift their focus to the part of their lives that doesn’t revolve around their jobs.

>For women who follow a “traditional” path, this pause often naturally comes in your late 20s or early 30s, when a wedding, pregnancy and babies means that your personal life takes center stage. But for those who end up on the “other” path, that socially mandated time and space for self-reflection may never come.

>When I graduated from college in the early 2000s, I enjoyed the same unspoken expectation shared among my fellow Gen-Xers: If you poured your heart and soul into your career, you would eventually get to a director level and have the flexibility, paycheck and assistants beneath you to begin to create a work-life balance. Then the 2008 recession hit, and people were lucky to have jobs at all. Assistants and perks disappeared across industries, and I felt like the cultural expectation was that we should now be tethered to our desks and our smartphones.

>It seemed that parenthood was the only path that provided a modicum of flexibility. There’s something about saying “I need to go pick up my child” as a reason to leave the office on time that has far more gravitas than, say, “My best friend just got ghosted by her OkCupid date and needs a margarita” — but both sides are valid.
>>
You should be authorized to beat your woman senseless if she starts to act like shit.

Y/N?
>>
Aaaaand the truth finally comes out
>I want privileges that men don't have bc I'm a woman!
>>
tl;dr
>oh jeez oh fuck I fucked up
>I feel totally empty inside
>I realize now that my pointless paper pushing "career" was a meme all along
>now I'm too old to be a mother and will never be happy! *downs bottle of ambien with box of wine in bathtub*
>>
Also notice:
>women who tie themselves to their career don't get the break and pleasure of getting married and having kids
>women leave the office on time to pick up kids
Manosphere has been saying this for years and women vehemently deny it
>>
>>72330925
she's right. Why do pregnant women get a break just because they got knocked up? That's not fair.
>>
theyre literally never happy

thank god i work im hvac & we dont deal with this

the most dramatic part of the day is deciding what kind of soda you want the guy who's going back to the shop for the right lineset to pick up for you
>>
The only way I could find take this seriously, is that non- pregnant women should stay home on their periods.

They are not themselves, their mood swings are out of their control....better yet, remove women from the workforce because of their period, that makes them mentally ill for the week and just send em a crazy check and food stamps.
>>
File: 1457883044855.jpg (46 KB, 1016x572) Image search: [Google]
1457883044855.jpg
46 KB, 1016x572
>>72330925
>There’s something about saying “I need to go pick up my child” as a reason to leave the office on time that has far more gravitas than, say, “My best friend just got ghosted by her OkCupid date and needs a margarita” — but both sides are valid.
No you fucking child, "My friend is kind of a little sad" is not a reason to drop your responsibilities and go to the bar.
>>
As a non-preggo femanon on maternity leave, I can totally relate. It's not my fault I don't want to give into society norms and become a mother. My girlfriend and I are enjoying some good r&r without the worry of job security. All you gotta do is one little fib to your company. Teehee
>>
File: 1457453842953.gif (967 KB, 490x367) Image search: [Google]
1457453842953.gif
967 KB, 490x367
>>72331934
1/10, an attempt was made.
>>
>>72330925
>Unspoken expectation that if you become a slave you will magically become a patrician with automatic wealth, power, and slaves.

If she was paid to write this drivel I will cry.

Woe to those in the West.
>>
the goal isn't to get maternity leave, it's to have it abolished to tank the white birth rates more
>>
>my friends are finding new levels of maturity and self-confidence when they go and have children
>c-can't be a natural benefit of motherhood, g-gibs me dat paid holiday
>>
>>72330925
Retarded cunt
>>
>>72330925
At least she's upfront about her parasitic compulsions.
I'm gonna guess she wants this because she'll never get a decent bloke to settle down and have kids with. Can't have a family, so better let the state be her sugar daddy. Disgusting.
>>
>>72330925
ya well i want all the perks of disability without the disability
>>
>>72332329

She might be able to claim disability...

Mental disability...
>>
>>72330925
>a book
>she wrote a fucking book about wanting more days off

Jesus fucking Christ, every wise-ass binman could have done that. It boggles the fucking mind what people will write books about, and get away with. Every idiots and her dog writers a book, it seems. The fact that she wrote the bloody book and it's being shilled pisses me of way more than some dumb bint going "I want more days off".

We all want more days off. Shit, I don't even want to work. Work sucks. NEET life forever, right? Yeah, you too can have all of that, you bitch. Just without the cozy paycheck and with daddy government telling you how high to jump and where to piss. It's all open to you!

Fuck off. You wanted this. For decades, you begged and pleaded to have EXACTLY what men have. And that's what this is. But feminism reveals itself as the bullshit it is, but at once demanding "equality", and at the same time demanding special rights along gender lines. Well, you DID have those. 100 years ago most women were free to do whatever the fuck they wanted on their own time, as long as they kept the house clean and the family fed. And if they REALLY wanted, they could even have a career. Sure, it was hard. But on the other hand, no going down chimneys and developing testicular cancer for women. No, they were too fragile for that.

But once again, wanting to have their cake and eat it, too. Well, thankfully all these bitches shill for Islam, too. So whether they're going to get it via a right turn or a left one, they're going to get it.
>>
>>72330925
I fucking hope to the lord above no one takes this bitch seriously.
She's spitting in the face of actual working mothers who have to give everything to their children, just because she wants a "vacation" without calling it such.
I loathe females like her because they give me and other mothers a bad name.
>>
File: 1450893673157.png (519 KB, 494x520) Image search: [Google]
1450893673157.png
519 KB, 494x520
>>72331934
Nigga what? I hope you lose your job you fucking carpet muncher
>>
File: temp.jpg (29 KB, 331x499) Image search: [Google]
temp.jpg
29 KB, 331x499
>>72332133
>If she was paid to write this drivel I will cry.

This Meghann Foye person has apparently written a novel in which the main character fakes pregnancy to get maternity leave.

So probably she will at least make some book sales and get paid for it, yeah.

And I'm sure New York Posts' Anna Davies got some sort of payment for putting up this article regurgitating Meghann Foye's opinion.

>Meternity plot summarized on Amazon:
>Like everyone in New York media, editor Liz Buckley runs on cupcakes, caffeine and cocktails. But at thirty-one, she's plateaued at Paddy Cakes, a glossy baby magazine that flogs thousand-dollar strollers to entitled, hypercompetitive spawn-havers.

>Liz has spent years working a gazillion hours a week picking up the slack for coworkers with kids, and she's tired of it. So one day when her stress-related nausea is mistaken for morning sickness by her bosses—boom! Liz is promoted to the mommy track. She decides to run with it and plans to use her paid time off to figure out her life: work, love and otherwise. It'll be her "meternity" leave.

>By day, Liz rocks a foam-rubber belly under fab maternity outfits. By night, she dumps the bump for karaoke nights and boozy dinners out. But how long can she keep up her charade…and hide it from the guy who might just be The One?

>As her "due date" approaches, Liz is exhausted—and exhilarated—by the ruse, the guilt and the feelings brought on by a totally fictional belly-tenant…about happiness, success, family and the nature of love.
>>
>Meghann Foye [...] believes childless women are entitled [...]

Sums it up.
>>
>>72333223
So the book is basically an instruction manual for how to lose your job and get sued.
>>
File: megatronfacepalm.jpg (32 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
megatronfacepalm.jpg
32 KB, 512x384
>>72333223
What have we done to deserve this
>>
>>72333223
Why do women enjoy stories about selfish deception so much? The only thing more consistent in women's fiction than them lying to everyone for their own gain, is needing a perfect Don Juan to make their lives worth living.

And this amidst a global shitstorm about how men aren't allowed to think fatties are unattractive.
>>
>>72333223

I would imagine that's illegal as fuck.

I can also guarantee this book ends with the main character getting the man, getting pregnant for real, and getting a real maternity leave without any repercussions.
>>
>>72331420
Hey I am going to school to learn Heating and Air period should I take an apprenticeship or should I just go to school for heating and air
>>
>>72330925
>Bottom line: Women are bad at putting ourselves first

ahahahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahah
>>
>>72331327
Woman are too childish to admit they don't want to work but every woman knows that life outside the home is horrible
>>
File: 1444289388592.jpg (11 KB, 252x221) Image search: [Google]
1444289388592.jpg
11 KB, 252x221
>women are bad at putting ourselves first
>>
File: entitled_cuntress.jpg (305 KB, 1920x1281) Image search: [Google]
entitled_cuntress.jpg
305 KB, 1920x1281
>>72330925

>not posting her photo
>its what we expected
>>
>>72333603
>Why do women enjoy stories about selfish deception so much?
My own mother lies so much I believe it's a sport to her. Not even to gain anything but ahaha fuckers tricked ya. Very successful at life btw.
>>
File: Qwszjn4.jpg (47 KB, 480x726) Image search: [Google]
Qwszjn4.jpg
47 KB, 480x726
I dont evn have ms paint.
Can somebody make a meme for this?

>Womyn deserve maternity leave without having kids

>the gender wage gap is real and must be adressed
>>
It's time to revoke women's right to vote. Clearly, they're incapable of rational thought. We need a new plague (that isn't niggers).

>muh wage gap
>rape culture
>muh opression

Yet, they benefit most from society. Fucking kill them already.
>>
>>72330925
This is literally proving that women are getting more and more selfish and self-absorbed. Unless she's pregnant she ain't getting a maternity leave, also "MEternity" is a retarded word and only proves it's for a selfish reason. It should not be allowed only laughed at.
>>
>>72330925

I really hate these female buzzwords like "self reflection." What exactly does self reflection consist of and how do you change or grow as a person afterwards?

>inb4 taking multiple large dicks at once.
>>
>>72332133
I wonder if she even wrote it or if some publishing fuck liked her pitch and attached a ghost writer to get it stamped out.

Both ideas horrify me.
>>
>>72335115
A fellow friend of mine explained it this way:
>She gets stressed out and she wants to take a few days/weeks off to think about what she actually wants in life. In essence it's a break from drama and whatever else is going on in the female's life.

To me, it's a bunch of bullshit. I don't get a break being a mother nor a wife, why the fuck do you need that much time to think about what you want to do?

Anyway, that's how the feminist described it to me.
>>
>>72333223
>Liz Buckley runs on cupcakes, caffeine and cocktails.

so she's fat and unattractive

>hypercompetitive spawn-havers.

also apparently bitter about the lack of a husband who wants to make babies with her.

>gazillion hours a week picking up the slack for coworkers with kids, and she's tired of it

very bitter

>By night, she dumps the bump for karaoke nights and boozy dinners

and there we go, self exploration just means party more, get drunk, and fuck. What a spiritual revolution.
>>
>>72335482
I agree. Maternity leave is not a vacation like these stupid bitches think. Let them see how much work a newborn is. On second thought they aren't fit to be mothers.
>>
>>72335482

That's why you have: days off, vacations, meditation.

And I don't see the end goal. Either, it's just to destress, in which case, everyone goes through this, or they will end up quitting their job, "seeing the world", blow all their money, and need to get another job, one they will no doubt also hate and cause them to need more self reflection. It's a loop.
>>
>>72333974
Looks like cum dumpster amy's hotter sister
>>
>>72330925
Why are people so entitled these days? Where did this come from? I consider myself garbage, and even I wouldn't dare to say the stupid shit these people say.
>>
File: women's rights button.png (354 KB, 480x726) Image search: [Google]
women's rights button.png
354 KB, 480x726
>>72334105
4 U.
>>
>>72333664
I'm going for millwright or something like that, what I've heard is year of school, then apprenticeship while you complete the rest of school for pretty much any trade.
>>
>>72330925
>To a lesser degree, men
These women really fucking hate men
>>
>>72330925
>bottom line: women are bad at putting ourselves first

That's some fucking grade-a bullshit right there.
>>
>>72336145
No no they want something OTHER than vacations. If it's maternity leave they want to get paid for it, just like they want to get paid for taking vacation.
This is all about getting themselves to work less while also claiming that they're "empowered" and so they can continue to reject traditional female roles. It's absolutely sick.

>>72336024
I don't want these women to ever be mothers, they aren't capable of selflessness. They don't have the ability to put others' needs above their own and have the mental strength to keep that ability.
>>
>>72330925

>I got pregnant after the 2008 recession because it provided economic flexibility and I realized I couldnt be the director of the company just by working hard

Women are cancer.
>>
Hah, my mother and sister are chronic liars, too.

Both of them are like children who tell lies to impress people, or prove a point. Only they are (arguably) fully fledged adults who still choose to make shit up to win arguments.

They often get together and back up each others' lies, too, and act as if by mutual agreement they can change reality, as if facts are a fucking democracy or something.

Often times they have the sheer audacity to get upset when you call them out on things, not as in "oh shit I've been caught" but more like "how dare you contradict me!", and even though my sister is in her 30's, she still fucking CRIES when people don't buy her bullshit. She probably cries about five times a day on average. We're talking full waterworks here, lads.

Goddamn, I mad. You'd probably think they need mental help, and they do, but they fucking lie through their teeth to the shrinks as well, so nothing ever happens since they only want an echo chamber and don't want to change.

It has been years since I ever really bothered with any of them. I have given up on them both, they are complete morons who will never change nor accept responsibility for anything they do, and the same applies to most women I've ever met in my life. Sure, not ALL of them, but still a frightening amount.

I can't exactly put all the blame on them, either, since even though they behave like this, they still succeed at life. Society enables it, they never have to grow up, so they don't.
>>
File: shitposting_inbound.jpg (100 KB, 1000x741) Image search: [Google]
shitposting_inbound.jpg
100 KB, 1000x741
>>72331934
>>
...And she fails to realise that maternity leave isn't a holiday but a custodial sentence where your warden does nothing but shit, scream, cry and occasionally babble.
>>
>>72336950

Holy shit, thank you for this post, Anon.

I went through exactly the same with my mother and I just cuz ties like you did in order to keep my sanity.

It is important to get rid of negative energy even if it comes from your own family and you went through years of fruitless efforts trying to get along.
>>
I think maternity leave in CA is like 6-8 weeks, some of my coworkers told me their wives would take vacation around the same time as their pregnancy to spend more time with their new child, which is economically viable. This bitch needs to take a vacation not lie to her employers
>>
>>72336225

the internet seems to have inflated some people's value of themselves
>>
>>72330925
this already exists. they're called sabbaticals, Ms. Foye.
>>
>>72330925
The trains won't stop on the degeneracy train
>>
File: 1461699810701.jpg (15 KB, 480x464) Image search: [Google]
1461699810701.jpg
15 KB, 480x464
>>72330925
>“My best friend just got ghosted by her OkCupid date and needs a margarita” — but both sides are valid
>>
File: Charles-Shaw.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Charles-Shaw.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>72331327

There is literally nothing wrong with drinking box wine.
>>
File: 1461774351877.jpg (252 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461774351877.jpg
252 KB, 500x500
>>72330925
To be fair, so do I. I also want a bajillion trillion dollars, unlimited prime pussy, and delicious hamburgers made and brought to me whenever I snap my fingers.

>women
>>
>>72339488
Bruce, you have to go back
>>
File: 1444266839897.jpg (197 KB, 950x724) Image search: [Google]
1444266839897.jpg
197 KB, 950x724
>>72339488
Why is two buck chuck three bucks?

Fucking liars.

Any other ex-alcoholics here? I miss drinking so fucking much.
>>
>>72339921
Disgusting fat white western women w sluttoos and the three retarded men who think they are cool watching brain dead sports. All meat heads.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.