[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /pol/ think of "planned shrinkage"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (203 KB, 612x340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203 KB, 612x340
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_shrinkage

New York did this in the 1970s/80s when the city was going broke. Basically, the idea is to stop wasting money on the ghetto and concentrate resources on areas where productive people live.

>In urban planning in the United States, planned shrinkage is a controversial public policy of the deliberate withdrawal of city services to blighted neighborhoods as a means of coping with dwindling tax revenues.
>While it has been advocated as a way to concentrate city services for maximum effectiveness given serious budgetary constraints, it has been criticized as an attempt to "encourage the exodus of undesirable populations"[1] as well as to open up blighted neighborhoods for development by private interests.

What does /pol/ think of this? I think it is based as fuck and something that should be adopted on a large scale nationwide.

Ghettos get a disproportionate amount of public services and don't appreciate them at all. Its really a colossal waste of money to provide ghettos with as many libraries, bus routes, parks, etc. as they have. They just trash whatever gets given to them.
>>
File: detroit77.png (3 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
detroit77.png
3 MB, 1600x900
>>72290565
Where do the dindus flock to after they are defunded?
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 300x300
>>72290729
Hopefully the rural south, or to too-far-gone smaller industrial cities like East St. Louis and Gary. Most likely a mix of the two.

At the very least, what will happen is concentrating dindus into smaller geographic areas while accelerating the pace of gentrification in areas that they leave.
>>
I really wish I could find that SNL clip joking about how somebody got mugged every 11 seconds in New York from back in the 80's. That statistic was a direct result of your "planed shrinkage."
>>
>>72291675
Wait, so you're perfectly fine with giving support to violent people?
Are you saying that its normal for people to start mugging when they don't have money, and that its the governments fault that they aren't taking care of them that forces them to beat up others for money?
Now, of course its doesn't help the poor but thats the point, poor already have to fend for themselves for the most part even with funding. Are you saying that the funding from the city was so necessary that getting rid of it made violence a reasonable option for these people?
>>
>>72292217

They weren't just mugging themselves. It's the government's job to stop them from mugging people. If you stop policing the ghettos all you end up with is white flight like in Detroit.
>>
File: image.png (129 KB, 709x748) Image search: [Google]
image.png
129 KB, 709x748
>>72291675
That was more of a problem with the police being spread too thin and being told to look the other way on "minor" crimes.

They only cut back the services in shit-tier places like the South Bronx. Pull the cops out of areas that are basically a lost cause (where everyone hates police anyway) and refocus them on protecting parts of the city not totally overrun by dindus.

History shows that planned shrinkage+broken windows policing saved New York.
>>
>>72291625
I've never understood why any poor person should ever be assisted to live in like fucking Manhattan it's absurd.
>>
Planned shrinkage is a symptom of the reality that planned economies don't work. In a free society, people live and work where they choose to based on an individual cost/benefit analysis. In a planned society, a committee decides where people should be able to afford to live and attempts to circumvent market forces to make those designated places affordable.

In a free society, when an area no longer supports the current population with sufficient work/leisure, people choose to leave for better opportunities. In a planned society, when an area no longer supports the current population, the people in charge attempt to circumvent reality to keep people in place. If there aren't enough jobs, provide food/shelter/money. Since the area isn't economically viable, this gets harder and more expensive each year. Eventually people aren't provided enough free stuff that they have come to feel that they deserve and violence results.

Alternatively, they keep the area floating along until it suddenly collapses after years of attempting to navigate against reality.
>>
>>72292757
Yeah I think most on the right/conservatives/economists understand the practicality that occurs when an economy happens to exist and supports people's lifestyle.
Whenever I read a liberal type post that ignores the economics I understand that they just want to help people, but I don't think its helping people to support them when there is no way to make a living so they are allowed to stew in poverty and become wards of the state. Thats irresponsible to me.
>>72292445
>government's job to stop them from mugging people
If you're implying that government welfare has a direct link to crime rates I'd like to see those numbers.
>>
File: image.png (954 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
954 KB, 630x1200
>>72292445
>If you stop policing the ghettos all you end up with is white flight like in Detroit.
The opposite happened in New York though. Look at Harlem today compared to before planned shrinkage.

What planned shrinkage does is allow the land values to plummet down faster and thus let an area rebound quicker because developers can get a good deal on cheap land after the people destroying the area leave.

Also, cops and other services aren't completely removed from an area. There are still some, its just that most will be moved to adjacent districts.
>>
What needs to be undone is the redlining along the train tracks that exists all across America.
This along with the construction of metro transit systems ensured that entire swaths of land would be doomed to become housing quarters for lower income residents and minorities.
>>
File: 1304553750587.png (527 KB, 1353x976) Image search: [Google]
1304553750587.png
527 KB, 1353x976
>>72293828
>redlining along the train tracks
what's that?
>>
>>72290565

I think its legitimate. People need to develop personal accountability for the quality of their lives. If people are just a drain on government resources better spent elsewhere then fuck them.

Its probably better for low-income blacks because they're forced to take accountability for their own lives.

Doesn't matter if you're the 4th generation in a welfare fiefdom. You should extricate yourself from that situation and make your own way. This is how societies prosper. Hold people accountable by pulling the rug out from under them
>>
>>72290565
frankly, I think it's shit. The cities should just reap what they sow with their gibsmedats.

And honestly what happens when the ghettos get nothing? They move to the rural areas where housing and cost of living is cheap and fuck up the areas there. I saw this happen to my town and many other outlying California towns during the housing boom. Went from low crime and simple rural living to a rise in gang violence and other shit that usually follows ghetto flight. Los Angeles fucking paid people to move out of there and into the rural outlying communities.
>>
>>72294201
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redlining
Literally half of every county and city is a designated lower income earner zone while the other half contains the area's most affluent neighborhoods. Most people complaining about their neighborhoods getting overran with niggers and spics are probably on the less affluent side.
>>
File: 1330243255960.jpg (43 KB, 585x413) Image search: [Google]
1330243255960.jpg
43 KB, 585x413
>>72294846
thanks
>>
>>72294746
So? Most of the county is rural. If they shit up your town, just find another one, there's plenty. Meanwhile a state may only have one large metro, and I'd rather have the metro be clean with a few small towns being shit and hundreds of nice towns than have the metro be shit and have hundreds of nice towns.
>>
>>72291625
>Hopefully the rural south
fuck you desu. Most blacks don't live in rural areas around here anyway, there are some shit towns that are 75%+ black and they all congregate around there.
>>
If blacks hate police so much, why dont we just stop policing their communities and let them all kill each other?
>>
>>72295584
issue is when you don't get the criminal elements of those communities off the streets they wander into richer neighborhoods to rob houses and cars.
>>
>>72295679
good point

would it really have been that hard to pay white people to pick cotton? this country would be so much better off if we had never brought slaves over in the first place
>>
>>72292461
>History shows that planned shrinkage+broken windows policing saved New York.
It sure did

When the “broken windows” theory was first published, urban crime was a seemingly uncontainable problem in America and around the world. But in the past two decades crime has fallen at an extraordinary rate. This change has been especially profound in New York City, where the murder rate dropped from 26.5 per 100,000 people in 1993 to 3.3 per 100,000 in 2013—lower than the national average. Plenty of theories have been concocted to explain this drop, but the city’s decision to take minor crimes seriously certainly played a part. While Mr Bratton was head of New York’s transit police in 1990, he ordered his officers to arrest as many turnstile-jumpers as possible. They found that one in seven arrested was wanted for other crimes, and that one in 20 carried a knife, gun or other weapon. Within a year, subway crime had fallen by 30%. In 1994 Rudy Giuliani, who had been elected New York’s mayor after promising to clean up the city’s streets, appointed Mr Bratton as head of the NYPD. Scaling up the lessons from the subway, Mr Bratton found that cracking down on misdemeanour offences, such as illegal gun possession, reduced opportunities for crime. In four years, the city saw about two fewer shootings per day.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2015/01/economist-explains-18
>>
>>72295099
only a cash chucking trust fund babby would think it's so damn easy for anyone to just up and move to a new town.

Fuck off.
>>
>>72290565
>it has been criticized as an attempt to "encourage the exodus of undesirable populations"
How is this bad? Shouldn't any city have a right to decide if it wants to kick some vermin out?
>>
>>72295911
its not that hard you make friends or work for corporations that will place you in a new area, lots of vacation and resort type places will do this with employee housing. all sorts of ways people just feel "stuck" because they think they always need more money
>>
>>72295844

Many of our problems can be traced back to the fact that our elite consists of Jews and white traitors. This has been the case since the revolutions of the 18th century replaced an aristocratic elite that was incentivized to care for their people with a bunch of slimy opportunists and masons.
>>
>>72293828
Nigger, are you implying major cities don't need mass transit, and that only poor people use the service? I commute into Penn Station on a daily basis, and I assure you the vast majority of NJT commuters are in a suit and tie.

This is why flyover country should be banned from debating city politics. And no, Des Monies doesn't count as a city. It's a town with a couple tall buildings.
>>
>>72295854
Bernie Goetz also brought a ton of attention to the problems of NYC. He was the Zimmerman of the mid 80s.
>>
>>72296543
No what I'm saying is it was built in a way which cordons off poor people away from Downtown where important offices and government buildings are located.
This isn't just isolated to the cities but extends to the suburbs as well.
Naturally the less expensive areas end up attracting immigrants and ghetto flight.
>>
>tfw you realize none of this bullshit would even be an issue if we simply shipped all the spics and niggers back where they came from

I know this sounds edgy or what-the-fuck-ever, but it would literally solve SO MANY PROBLEMS.

Maybe one day white people will wake up and stop with the muh feelings bullshit.
>>
>>72298217
It will happen, but we need an example.

We need to accelerate the destruction of Sweden.

Once it collapses from muslims, we'll have an example to point to about how a paradise was completely destroyed within a few mere decades.
>>
>>72298217
I think we missed the chance 150 years ago
Would have been cheaper than the civil war probably
>>
>>72290729
Mexico.
>>
Desperate times
Desperate measures

Perhaps "undesirables" should work to make themselves less so.
>>
>>72290565
Wow so this is what's happened to Flint.
>>
>>72298571

You know that'll never fucking happen. Most of those undesirables have a criminal history, and on top of that they're too used to getting what they want thanks to liberals.

Really, we've given them easy access to food, housing, and the best schools in the country. What more can we do for them other than giving them their own piece of land and shipping them all the fuck back to it.

These people don't wanna better themselves because they're too used to playing the race card and being handed everything on a silver platter. They're like babies.
>>
>>72298725
Its happening in Detroit, whites are moving back to the downtown area. The cities money is following them, the hippies gentrifying pay taxes. The edges of the city are being depopulated as they all follow the money.
>>
>>72295854
>arrest criminals
>crime goes down

weird
>>
>>72290565
Generally black neighborhoods are a money sink for any municipal government, just cutting them off saves money and it won't affect quality of life at all because those neighborhoods were already hell to begin with. Also if black people bitch about it you're generally fine because they don't vote or pay taxes so who the fuck cares what they think?
>>
>>72299111
Basically its the idea that criminals that commit serious crimes also have little respect for the law and commit small crimes.

When you arrest faggots who commit small crimes, you might find they are carrying an illegal firearm, which they were likely going to use in future for armed robbery or murder.

Cracking down on the small crimes thus prevents major crime.
>>
>>72299364
This is common sense everywhere else is what I'm saying. Look at how asia deals with crime. If it's illegal you get arrested and prosecuted. This shouldn't be some weird trick. The whole Western view of law is strange right down to how everyone drives 10 over the speed limit and no one cares. Why have laws that you don't enforce? It just makes the law weaker.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.