[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the Merchant has fooled me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: ohshitgoyim.png (136 KB, 440x522) Image search: [Google]
ohshitgoyim.png
136 KB, 440x522
So I'm taking a Biblical Archaeology course and, as new to me as it is, I've been reading on how the Exodus probably wasn't real. Does /pol/ think so and why? There's no evidence other than Biblical accounts but also what merchant makes up running en masse from muh gipshuns?
>>
>>72288129
For all we know the egyptians kicked them out.
>>
>>72288129
The Exodus isn't literally true according to any architectural evidence. But this isn't because the whole Sinai has been excavated; it hasn't. Actually, very little has been done there because it's hard to do there because it's so unstable.

On the other hand, Egypt occupied Israel on and off enough for the "escape from Egypt" to ring symbolically true for people who lived there and there is strong evidence of a Semitic tribe, the Hyksos, having lived in Egypt and been in power in the north.

Most of the rest of the theories are not really supported on that strong of evidence.
>>
>>72289219
If it was true in any way, it probably was more like Jews acting like Jews, the Egyptians kicking them out, and the likes getting butthurt so they tried to paint the Egyptians as the bad guys.
>>
>>72289219

Egypt ruled the Levant for hundreds and hundreds of years. The Jews were never enslaved in Egypt in the way we are supposed to think of it. You might say that "Egypt was in the Jews",-- but some would argue there were no such thing as Jews yet to be enslaved at that time, anyway.

>>72290900

Some scholars argue that the story was actually written by Hellenized Jews in Alexandria as a piece of propaganda to give the Jews a sham ancient history and frighten the Ptolemies with the supposed power of the Jewish God and what he could do if you didn't treat them nicely.
>>
>>72289219

Bonus: The suggestion the Jews were in fact the Hyksos-- powerful Semites who once ruled Egypt (THEY WUZ KANGS)-- is a 2300 year old piece of propaganda out of the Hellenized Jew Manetho and later peddled byJosephus.
>>
>>72288129
>we couldn't find any jars that have stories about Egyptian slave revolts being successful so actually the bible is a lie

Why would not being able to find 7000 old evidence of something mean it did or did not happen?

But also the 'isrealites' and the Jews are not the same. The kazarians are the modern jews. THe israelites are lost.
>>
>>72293468
Just think about the odds of find a 6000 year old jar buried in the desert.

THe peopel who shill those theories are just trying to get grant money from atheists. You really have to think about that shit man.

i minored in religious studies btw.
>>
>>72288129
>a class exists which has a sole purpose to disprove the Bible.
Atheists have gone too far
>>
>>72288129

There's hardly any evidence that the Israeli war with Egypt in modern times happened, and a truck was buried under 10 feet of sand within a few decades.

Imagine evidence managing to survive, and then imagine finding it under all that sand. Ironically, it would be a miracle.

Also there's a theory that only the Levites were fleeing Egypt.
>>
>>72293583
>>72293998
so because there is no evidence whatever they say must be true?
>>
>>72293806
lots of old testament is inaccurate or flat out wrong though.

entire book of genesis for example is from sumerian myths. yhwh is el (bible itself says so), who is a canaanite god and the golden calf god.

jesus then goes on to call jews children of the devil.
>>
File: hyksos-sphinx.jpg (68 KB, 250x353) Image search: [Google]
hyksos-sphinx.jpg
68 KB, 250x353
>>72293437
WE
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.