[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You can't argue that this isn't true
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 640x488) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 640x488
You can't argue that this isn't true
>>
>>72284088
There are crap jobs with little requirements . Work while staying homeless for like 2-3 months then rent a really small one-room apartment(don't know the term for it) ,etc...when you're already at the rock bottom ...the fuck are you going to fall from there from ?
>>
>>72284088
>Use local swimming pool showers
>Do laundry to clean clothes
>Apply for stupid shit like wallmart greeter
>Look presentable in interview

Its possible. Ive seen it get done.
>>
>>72284088
>Baaaww I'm homeless
>Gibs-me-dat job

There is only one reason that one becomes homeless and that is due to being severely fucked in the head.
>>
>>72284088
Stay at shelter, go to labor ready, open direct deposit account, move up from there. Who tells an employer they are homeless other than a retard, it's not a pity party it's business.
>>
>>72284088
>go to a shelter
>get work on offer
>save

Or better yet, make good decisions and have a backup plan in case your life goes down the shitter.
>>
>>72284731
I've seen people win the lottery too. Yes it CAN happen, but the vegas odds say bet against it.
>>
>>72284088
Except the Second part of that picture never happens
>>
>>72284911

Speaking from experience, I see...

No, not all of us are you.

Fuck you, nigger.
>>
>>72284957
>labor ready

I got my first job working at a LR agency. They paid every day which I thought was pretty fucking awesome
>>
>>72285295

If your priority in life is being able to afford 2 40oz beers and a gram of pot.
>>
File: designated-rape-crowd.png (552 KB, 538x426) Image search: [Google]
designated-rape-crowd.png
552 KB, 538x426
Divorce, war and alcoholism are the most common reasons why people (men) go homeless.

Stop being assholes, /pol/. There are people who got really fucked by the state who have to live on the street.

They actually deserve a lot more than your average gibs me that.

>pic unrelated
>>
>>72285101
When you become homeless from your bad decisions, will you still shitpost from your obamaphone?
>>
>>72284557
Studio apartment?
>>
>>72284911
bawwwwww

Just fuck off mentally ill freak.
>>
If you're retarded enough to become homeless, you deserve to be treated like shit by society.
>>
>>72285295
Probably so they didn't have to keep remembering who they had to write checks for at the end of the week because of how many people get hired, work for a day, and then never come back.
>>
>>72285389
What if you're homeless because you can't get a job?
>>
>>72285174
odds are higher than vegas
>>
>>72284557
You typically need a phone and place of residence to get a job. Some require you to own a car too.
>>
>>72285204
I used to volunteer at a homeless distribution center during high school (went to a high school where you had to volunteer as part of graduation requirements, thought it was good and went above the requirements by a couple hundred hours)

often the type of people who would go there would be people who are mentally ill or conditioned into a life of being homeless. if they could survive without going to charitable centers they definitely would. the process of acclimation into society is difficult and should be supported more by government, so that charities don't have to work beyond their aims.
>>
File: cruzmissile.jpg (190 KB, 1104x1104) Image search: [Google]
cruzmissile.jpg
190 KB, 1104x1104
>>72285698
Not the most common.

You just cut your spending and ask for help.

But when you are depressed, drunk and destroyed by alimony and child support that you can barely help yourself, what good does a job do?

Imagine Robin Williams. He couldn't find a job and was going homeless. That would not be a problem because he had a 30+ years succesful career. Except vampiric women were still leeching him every month and he needed to keep his productivity from 15 years ago while being too old and sick to do anything.
>>
>>72285525
I think that's the word for it
I don't know how it's in the states but really small ones are really cheap here...cheap enough to afford rent after 1-2 months of minimum wage... even less if you manage to go to a crap neighborhood and get a hobo amigo to share it with or some poor ass desperate student

>>72285838
In all jobs? What about crappy ones. I had friends who worked in constructions and were never asked... I only got jobs through my college programs but I never had to own a car ( i also don't have a license so..yeah)
>>
>>72285174
doing vs waiting faggot
>>
>>72285803
Not without help. If your town has a public pool, and is potentially open during winter months, you have an advantage that a large part of the nation does not. Swimming and bathing in the river gets a little chilly in Feb.
>>
>>72286100
Doing what vs waiting?
>>
>>72285995
>You just cut your spending and ask for help.
I didn't spend very much, I eventually went back to living with my family which I am now but they think I'm a freak and are kicking me out soon.

>But when you are depressed, drunk and destroyed by alimony and child support that you can barely help yourself, what good does a job do?
True, just when I was homeless I didn't drink much

>Imagine Robin Williams. He couldn't find a job and was going homeless. That would not be a problem because he had a 30+ years succesful career. Except vampiric women were still leeching him every month and he needed to keep his productivity from 15 years ago while being too old and sick to do anything.
That is a good point.
>>
File: sock.jpg (233 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
sock.jpg
233 KB, 600x700
I've talked to many homeless people and they've all been super cool, with few exceptions.
As long as they are white and mentally stable, most homeless people are pretty rad. The only bad apples I've run into were either dark-skinned or had some obvious mental deficiencies.
>>
>>72284557
>he doesn't even know the term for a "small apartment"
Yes, clearly you are an expert on poor people issues.
Homeless people should just move back in with their parents. HURR.
>>
>>72286624
sure whatever
>>
That's why we need America Works
>>
>>72286624
>he doesn't even know the term for a "small apartment"
English isn't my native language ,we call them "garsonieră" here. Whenever I do speak english i don't generally talk about small apartments or homeless people
>Yes, clearly you are an expert on poor people issues.
I live in a 2nd world country
>>
>>72284088
>i have no skills what so ever
>Sorry, we don't think you qualify for this job
>IS THIS BECAUSE IM HOMELESS?????!!!
>>
LEARN A TRADE
E
A
R
N

A

T
R
A
D
E
>>
>>72286749
>America Works
We have a similar thing in Canada didn't work for me. They set me up doing a job in a werehouse. It was ok but my co-workers were all gang-ghetto type people with tattoos. They thought I was a freak and forced me to leave.
>>
>>72286858
LEARN THAT NOT EVERYONE IS RICH ENOUGH TO GET INTO THAT
>>
File: 1423838238766.jpg (501 KB, 1056x1080) Image search: [Google]
1423838238766.jpg
501 KB, 1056x1080
>>72286796
>romania
>2nd world country
dont flatter yourself
>>
>was homeless
>went to a shelter
>they helped me get a job
so hard
>>
>>72287058
Sure totally, even though when you do get a job the co-workers hate you and make you leave.
>>
>>72286858
Learn a trade while homeless...

Pitching tents and selecting dry spots under bridges aren't generally marketable skills. Or are you hiring?
>>
>>72286895
Why did they think that you are a freak? Do you have social interaction problems ?Geniunely asking.
>>
>>72287101
maybe you shouldn't be such a spastic autist and people would stop hating your guts
>>
>>72284088

If you are homeless don't expect to get a manager job, you can start by doing the simpliest stuff to get paid enough to survive, something like fruit picker.
>>
>>72287058
Things aren't so simple in other nations leafy.
>>
>>72287158
Learn that not everyone is rich enough to get into that shit.

>>72287178
I was never good at making friends. Don't have autism I'm just a really boring guy to be a round, I also didn't really talk a lot about the police and drugs and stuff so maybe they thought I would call the police or tell the boss.
>>
>>72284088
It's all about who you know. That work hard and move up is a bunch of bullshit. College doesn't help shit except put you in debt.

Poor people who get bachelor degrees actually end up even more poor.

It's all about who you know!
>>
>>72286374
The state just fucked the man to a point no minimum wage job could save them.

He'd need to keep the same earnings from the moment of divorce until forever to feed their fat human garbage vampires with vaginas who won't let them be with their children.

The solution would be an end to the system of alimony or at least change to one where the payments change accordingly to the guy's money. Also shared custody of children so the bitch won't eat the child support that should be of the kid.

Until that, it is all hopeless. You can try running away to other nation where just your knowledge of language and average IQ are just enough to thrive. But you are imprisoned by a child forever.
>>
My mom was homeless for 2 years, eventually she was given a free apartment. But yea if you're homeless with no help and no car, it'll be pretty much impossible to get a job. Firstly, you'll stink, so no ones gonna hire you or keep you hired, most importantly, then if you don't have a car it'll be much harder to find a job.
>>
>>72287234
Well I tried to be as normal as possible.

>>72287236
But you're with a bunch of people who come from ghettos who love beating up and stabbing people like me.
>>
>>72287473
Oh I don't have a child, I meant I moved back in with my parents.
>>
>>72287376
Literally this
>>
>>72287054
explain
>>
If I ever become homeless for some reason besides drug addiction I'd simply take a trip to the closest, most liberal city I could find.

I live in a liberal city now and people will give you the shirt off their back if you hold a dinky little sign. I see people handing the homeless food, water, money, ciggies, alcohol, etc all the fucking time. Literally every day. Not only that, but the cops don't do shit, AND you can literally just set down a bed roll in the park and live there, and no one gives a shit.

Is it comfortable? No, but you can survive. Just hit up the stores on free sample day and don't be afraid to dumpster dive.

The most important thing about being homeless is keeping your personal hygeine up. Even the most bleeding heart liberals will turn and run if you stink or look feral. A pack of razors and a stick of deodorant will make life much easier. As long as you don't look homeless, places won't kick you out, so in the summer you can just chill at the library or whatever.

Thrift shops are also great places to pick up all sorts of shit. They're air conditioned, and can help you get back on your feet. There's a thriftshop by my house that sells clothes by the pound (and it's like $1.25/lb too).

The real issue with homelessness in America is drug abuse. There are options for the homeless, but you can't force them to get help.
>>
>>72284088

We have so many gibs for poor people, you literally have to WANT to be on the streets to be homeless.

the exception being very expensive large cities like California, but it begs the question why destitute people would even go there in the first place. these people like the vagrant lifestyle.

feeling sorry for them is naive.
>>
>>72287566

That's why you have to be intelligent to not get i trouble. For what i've heard, being a picker is not that dangerous. Some of my friends went to canada just to work in the fields, and they wern't even poor, they were students who wnated cheap travel.
>>
>>72286074
>construction
yeah they don't even require you to be in the country legally.
But for most other jobs, you need a phone number at the least.
>>
>>72284088
that same homeless man could have applied for a small restaurant dish washer job and move up from there to kitchen helper, waiter, waiter headmaster, kitchen manager, kitchen and supplies manager and finally owner of his own restaurant

faggot
>>
>>72287809
gibs are a myth. You need a disability or child to get them and under Harper the disability office was a douchebag and started considering certain disabilities "not servere enough" or some bullshit so I got cut off.
>>
>>72287809
Yes all the homeless people want to be homeless, you must be retarded.
>>
>>72284088
The number of people who are homeless and also metally capable of holding down a job is pretty small.

The ones who are both usually choose homelessness as a lifestyle.
>>
>>72287825
Well not everyone has an ultra high IQ. I also have a disability so I probably couldn't get a job there.
>>
File: 1459304019908.jpg (881 KB, 1188x1680) Image search: [Google]
1459304019908.jpg
881 KB, 1188x1680
>>72284088
â–²
â–² â–²
>>
>>72287925
He would probably stink and not get the job. When I used to work at a warehouse, one time I came in stinking because I didn't have a car and the walk was 45 minutes so I stunk when I got there, I was told to go back home.
>>
In Portland we have a homeless problem because liberals feed and shelter them. The homeless beggers on every street corner and at every drive thru are a total nuisance.

The truth is they don't want to work. They would prefer to beg.When I worked at a gas station, two homeless guys got hired. Both left within the first month. They couldn't hold the easiest job in the world for a month.

It's true most are unhirable, because most are mentally ill, addicted to drugs or alcohol, or have a criminal record. These people are not equipped to work.
>>
>>72287925
>le move up the corporate latter meme
Fucking moron. You need a degree from Harvard to move up a corporation and when you have a degree from Ivy League you get hired right off the back.
>>
>>72284088
Addresses aren't checked.
What's wrong with lying?
>>
>>72287925
>that same homeless man could have applied for a small restaurant dish washer job
Not without two years of prior dish washing experience and at least a year of prior work in a restaurant atmosphere.
>>
>>72287987
Sure totally.
>>
>do a market research for most desireble professions
>pick a most realistic for your limited brain capabilities
>accuire profession/skill
>profit?
>>
File: 1456974382141.jpg (53 KB, 458x465) Image search: [Google]
1456974382141.jpg
53 KB, 458x465
>>72288045
This. Plenty of studies have been conducted that will lead any rational person to the same conclusion.
>>
>>72288181
You also need a degree to get jobs which are very hard to get.

>>72288326
Because you need connections to get a job, and the ones you don't I worked with a bunch of low-lifes who forced me to quit because they thought I was a freak.
>>
>>72287930
if you can shit post on 4chan you can get a job
>>
>>72287930

What was your disability if you don't mind me asking
>>
>>72287930
Only real gibs is food stamps. Anyone can easily get those. So no reason for any american to be starving. But don't think you're gonna be getting free money or a free apartment just because you're poor.
>>
>>72288342

let me get that for you jacko, you right cunt
>>
>>72284088
No one wants to hire alcoholics
>>
>>72288342
Any rational person knows thats bullshit

>>72288454
I did get one and my co-workers threatened my life if I didn't leave. I can't find another one where I don't get hit or threatened.

>>72288455
Flatfeet and ADHD
>>
>>72288457
Footstamps were cut, they don't give them out anymore. The only claim I can get is disability and Harper is a douchbag and cut that.
>>
>>72288326
>everyone has the same parents lifestyles allowing everyone to have all the same opportunities

However if you're a female you can just choose to be a prostitute at any time and make pretty decent money so I don't think any females have it too tough.
>>
>>72284088
It's somewhat true but not entirely. You could make yourself presentable if you tried, but a lot of homeless people will never try or are particularly incapable.

>>72287376
This, nepotism is the best way by a very wide margin.
>>
>>72284557
>There are crap jobs with little requirements .
And they're all being worked by beaners.
>>
>>72288580

>flat feet and ADHD

That rat bastard Harper, taking away your gubmint bennies just because you don't want to get a job and actually put in the effort to get along with your coworkers. May he burn in hell.

Good luck anon
>>
>>72288411
if you didn't understood what i was saying, i'll give you an example

nurses are one of the most requested profession here - hospitals fight for every available nurse just to hire, so they offer all sort of bonuses to attract them

there is no way that in your country there is no shortage in some specific proffesions

so why would i need nepotism for?
>>
>>72288655
>>>everyone has the same parents lifestyles allowing everyone to have all the same opportunities
This argument is actually bullshit. My parents are affluent and I was still homeless. The more money parents have the more they want their children to become successful, and if their children fail at that they hate their children and won't give them more help. That's why I was homeless they said "we gave you every opportunity and you failed us" or something along those lines.
>>
>>72288181
Tax season, baby!
>>
>>72288778
>That rat bastard Harper, taking away your gubmint bennies just because you don't want to get a job and actually put in the effort to get along with your coworkers. May he burn in hell.
Is that sarcastic? Flatfeet prevents me from getting a physical job and ADHD prevents me from getting a desk job. If you have both you are screwed.
>>
>all these retards in this thread who can't deal with the fact that the system is beyond fucked

This is why I'm a neet.
>>
>>72288816
In Canada if their is a shortage they just get a genius poo in loo to work half the price.

Not to mention you need a high IQ to get medical degree to become nurse.
>>
>>72286962
>trades
>rich
U fucking wot
>>
>>72288180
You're just typing words you don't understand
>>
>>72289124
Well you need a high IQ and great skills. I'm also semi-crippled so it would be really hard for me.
>>
>>72288916

No sarcasm whatsoever Anon. There should obviously be a tax system in place taking at least 1/3-1/2 of everyone's income to pay for the flatfooted and attention-challenged. God forbid you should have to be uncomfortable.
>>
It's true but it's not a bad thing and doesn't disprove the central point of capitalism or prove that Canadians are anything other than cancer.

Fuck off.
>>
>>72284088
homeless people who are willing to work is an exception, not the rule
>>
>>72284088

wow omg so true same guy so mean very problem
>>
>>72285213
He is right though. Homelessness is caused by 1 of 3 things. Mental instability, substance addiction, or laziness. Anyone willing to work can dig themselves out.
>>
>>72289130
I know the system more than anyone I've seen a wide range of classes. As a homeless man I saw other homeless people get screwed by the system. And growing up my parents always invited rich co-workers over who talked about offshoring jobs to save profits. I've seen it all.
>>
I'm gonna start my own /pol/ and ban all Canadian IPs you piece of shit.
>>
>>72289124
You need money and/or a car to get into college to get a trade. Probably need internet as well as a device that lets you get on the internet. Don't know what I would have done if I didn't live with my sister for multiple years who had those things so I could go to college.
>>
>>72284088

>GED
>5 years retail experience
>any retail job I want

suck on it colledge fags.
>>
File: 1431217019926.png (130 KB, 209x274) Image search: [Google]
1431217019926.png
130 KB, 209x274
>>72284088
quit being a lazy piece of shit.

I camped on the pipeline while welding
I walked dogs
I did handyman shit for money.

Collect your checks and don't piss it away and you should be fine, even if you have nowhere to look but up.
>>
>>72289289
>uncomfortable
You are being sarcastic. How is ADHD just uncomfortable when I literally can't focus. And in WW1 and WW2 and the Vietnam war they denied flatfoot people because they knew it was a disability. Only because the money has dryed up did they claim it wasn't a disability so they wouldn't have to give people money.
>>
>>72284731
I've seen a man doing that, too. But it's pretty hard that a homeless can manage to achieve it. Most hobos are alcoholic or worse, that shit sucks all their little money.
>>
>>72284911
Lol so now even jobs are seen as welfare? Reaganites, fucking kill yourselves.
>>
>>72284557
boomer detected
>>
>>72288180
>you need a degree to open your own business
oh boy...
>>
>>72284088

Both come from the weak position of begging.

>durr if u won't hire me i get every right to beg
>implying you're not a shitty dumbass worker
>which explains why you cant get a job and why you're begging
>keeps voting liberal so they can hike the min wage and you get less chances of getting hired
>then keep crying you can't find a job when all manufacturing has been outsourced due to the uncompetitive nature of the laws of your country
>>
>>72285981
subsidise bad behavior in society you will get more of it.

Let the people who born or trained to fail die off.
>>
How advisable is it to lie on a resume/in an interview?
>>
>>72289650
Opening your own business in what? All the restaurants are already open, all the buildings are bought up, not to mention you need a loan. My parents won't give me one, the bank won't. I'm screwed.
>>
>>72284088
I can, I wouldn't win, but I can argue
>>
>>72289652
>homeless people
>spending what little money they may but probably don't have to spend on a cab ride to go vote on something

What are you even talking about
>>
>>72284088
I once found myself homeless and I In had two jobs. It took thirty five days to save up enough money to rent an apartment. Wouldn't want to do it again.
>>
>>72289422
Go to a fucking library you lazy sack of shit. You'll make up every possible excuse before you realize it's your own fault you're a poor loser.
>>
>>72289718
Just do it. As long as you know that you can actually do whatever job they want.
>>
>>72289892
Is not getting the job or getting fired the worst that can happen if they find out you lied?
>>
>>72284088
Multiple Job interviews

>Your skills are the best we've interviewed so far, but we can't bring you on with such little experience
Than why interview me?

>We love you don't get me wrong but we can't justify that salary to HR with such little experience
Fucking why not? If it's within your budget for this position and you believe I'm worth it than why not?
>>
Most actual homeless don't/can't vote. And they are such a small demographic even if they did it would not change much.

Homeless folks are not the ones behind the min wage hike in any way shape or form.
>>
>>72289852
>lazy
Conservatives are no longer permitted to use this word. You've abused it incessantly and used it to mean things the word doesn't actually mean for decades now. You've lost your privileges.
>>
>>72289852
>go find a library somehow you don't know where it is, go walk miles in random directions until you find one, then go live in that area so you won't have to walk miles there every day, certainly no ones gonna call the cops on you sleeping in this busy area and begging for food money

You're retarded.
>>
>>72289979
Getting fired. I lied and got a sales job, I wasn't very good and got fired in 2 weeks. Still I made some money.
>>
>>72285838

Then go to a homeless shelter, you can list them as your residence and sometimes also phone number. If not, get a $20 prepaid phone. It's not fucking rocket science.

>they require you to have a car hurr durr

No they fucking don't.
>>
>>72284088
"I'm homeless"

Great opener. surely the job is going to just fall in your lap. Except hiring people is expensive, so there might be a follow up like, why are you homeless?

"drugs. mental illness, etc"

"wow, sounds like you'll make me a huge profit. Here, come conribute to my businesses livelyhood."
>>
>>72290093
Ask someone for directions to the library if you really have to but who the hell doesn't know where things are in their towns? I hope you at least know where your city hall is.

There is nothing wrong with walking a few miles everyday.
>>
>>72285389
Boo hoo get a fucking job. Go to aa meetings. Don't be a bum, and you won't get treated like one.
>>
>>72289718
Even if it gets you the job, they'll fire you if they ever look into it.

And they will look into it
>>
>>72290523
You better be rich, faggot. Otherwise you're just as lazy a piece of shit as you're trying to call everyone else.
>>
>>72287054
found the guy who doesn't know what 1st/2nd/3rd world means
>>
>>72290457
Actually I have no idea where most things are in my town, except things really close, like I know there's a Wendy's, Kroger and Home Depot up the street, but not where the library. Why would I even need to know where the library is. Anyway all of what you said is impractical enough, then you have to find a job that contacts you through email since you don't have a phone. You also have to find one within walking distance, and one that won't mind the fact that you stink and wear the same clothes every day. None of this is gonna happen. I know some people who got out of being homeless, but it was all just by someone else letting them live with them. Or getting a free apartment.
>>
>>72284088
>is homeless
>applies to a job with an office and a man in a suit
lace up your steel toes and work some construction jobs, as long as you don't do drugs and show up on time they'll hire you on the spot.
>>
>>72286796
>English isn't my native language

He's fucking with you, there isn't a specific term for it.
>>
>>72287054
>>72290702
>>72287685
Ah, one of my fellow burgers doesn't know that '2nd world' originally referred to soviet bloc and other commie countries, such as Romania.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_World
>>
>>72288580
Fuck off, you can't get disability for flat feet.

t. flattest possible feet that can be diagnosed
>>
>>72290931
>Actually I have no idea where most things are in my town, except things really close, like I know there's a Wendy's, Kroger and Home Depot up the street, but not where the library

Well then you're a fucking retard if you're not even familiar with your own town.

>Why would I even need to know where the library is

So you can read books for free.

>Anyway all of what you said is impractical enough, then you have to find a job that contacts you through email since you don't have a phone. You also have to find one within walking distance, and one that won't mind the fact that you stink and wear the same clothes every day. None of this is gonna happen

Or learn a skill and use a public computer, like you'll find at a library, to put up Craigslist adds.
>>
>>72287766
>ciggies

Get off that proxy m8
>>
>>72287809
Unless you're white and male. I know from experience.
>>
>>72291083
Efficiency apartment.
>>
>>72291404
I can read whatever I want online. And learn what skill? What possible skill could you as a homeless person obtain that non-homeless people covet so much they're willing to drive you to their home to do it, you're that good at it too, everyone else is able to drive to them but you're so good they're willing to drive and pick up your stinking homeless self to do it. This isn't a movie retard.
>>
>>72288876
Just don't pay taxes, idiot. I haven't filled out a tax form in 4 years.
>>
>>72290931
>I'm posting on the internet
>but I lack the mental faculties to figure out how to look up where a library is
>>
>>72292135
>I can't read
>>
>>72291928
>I can read whatever I want online

Not for free, without breaking the law.

>And learn what skill?

Whatever you want, libraries generally have great resources for this.

>What possible skill could you as a homeless person obtain that non-homeless people covet so much they're willing to drive you to their home

What? Just walk. Once you've earned a bit of cash you can start using public transportation.

>you're that good at it too

You literally have nothing better to do than practice. Be a dogwalker if you're so incapable of learning how to do something.

>This isn't a movie retard

I wonder what it must be like to have a mind that only looks for excuses instead of solutions.
>>
File: 1448450113383.jpg (114 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448450113383.jpg
114 KB, 1920x1080
>>72284088
>is homeless and smelly with no skills
>applies for an office job
>>
>>72293071
None of those are solutions retard, if you were actually in that situation you'd realize how stupid everything you've said is. Reminds me of when I was a kids always watching movies, I thought retarded stuff like, if I went to jail, I'd cut open my leg and put a gun inside so I could sneak a gun into jail. But I will say this, one good thing despite it being pretty much impossible to stop being homeless in america, at least you get food stamps so anyone can always eat, even if they're living like shit.
>>
>>72293506
>None of those are solutions retard, if you were actually in that situation you'd realize how stupid everything you've said is

You've giving no good reason for this.
>>
>>72284088
>homeless man walks into a corporate office

The fuck do you really expect?
>>
File: 1461807272858.jpg (87 KB, 640x488) Image search: [Google]
1461807272858.jpg
87 KB, 640x488
>>72288753
This desu.
>>
>>72293642
Everything you've said makes no sense, one more quick look over
>What? Just walk.
>Just walk to the random people contacting you online where you have no idea where they are. Get super lucky and have someone contact you whose close. Ofcourse also they have to contact you while the library is open. Also have a fantastic memory so that you can remember what google maps said the direction to their house is and if you get lost welp you're out of luck since you have no phone to call and get the right directions, gotta walk back to the library. Yea none of this is a problem this is a totally practical solution.

Stop acting stupid.
>>
>>72291458

I have a family member who has been "homeless" and is mentally ill, you obviously have not looked hard enough because his entire life is subsidized by the government. He paid nothing for 9 years of college (and he's still in getting another degree right now) and he gets subsidized tutoring and help transitioning into a job.

You have to be completely ignorant of google not to find the literally hundreds of gibs that can help your situation right now if you are in need. It's not a glamorous life, but its not out on the street either.
>>
>>72295008

if you are an "able bodied" white male there is no gib for you. Even if you are diagnosed with something the only help you can get is social security and good luck getting accepted by them any time in the next 3 years
>>
Answer me this, How do you get out of the rut of unemployability, Recently i've been turned down for 5 different jobs, three of them call center that provide training but they said they don't want to hire me becuase i've been out of work for 2+ years (I've actually been unemployed officially for 8 years now)
>>
>>72294225
>Just walk to the random people contacting you online where you have no idea where they are

They answer your add, they give you an address, you use google maps to get directions, you write them down.

>Get super lucky and have someone contact you whose close

Are you for real right now? The vast majority of people work locally. You don't think a plumber, for instance, works in a thousand mile radius, do you?

>Ofcourse also they have to contact you while the library is open

No they don't. It's called making appointments.

>Also have a fantastic memory so that you can remember what google maps said the direction to their house is

Like I said, write it down. Libraries are nifty places and often have notepads and pens all over the place. Worst comes to worst, ask a librarian if you can borrow a pen and they'll probably tell you to keep it.

>if you get lost welp you're out of luck since you have no phone to call and get the right directions, gotta walk back to the library

For your sake, let's imagine a really bad situation, however unlikely, like you slipped in a puddle and your directions got ruined. All you need to remember is the destination and then you can ask for directions.

>Yea none of this is a problem this is a totally practical solution
>Stop acting stupid

Your thought process is baffling. You encounter a simple problem like "what about directions" and then, instead of even trying to find a solution, you immediately come up with the most absurd excuses.
>>
>>72287766

It's ridiculous. I had a friend post on Facebook about how her favorite bum is still around and how she's been giving to him since she started community college (5 years ago) and even after she graduated.

It's like.. bitch... you've been giving him like $5 a day for 5 fucking years, he should have a fucking down payment for a house by now.
>>
>>72284557
Employers won't hire homeless for smell and fear of stealing
Studio apartments cost just as ridiculous of prices as everything else because of our faggot housing market
All of the crap jobs are filled by spics because everyone refuses to get rid of them
You won't fall anywhere from rock bottom but it's a huge fuckin hole from the first step of the ladder.
>>
File: 1438233215002.jpg (21 KB, 207x240) Image search: [Google]
1438233215002.jpg
21 KB, 207x240
>All the people who haven't had rough lives telling homeless people how easy it is to get out of their situation
>>
>>72288342
let me get that for ya, jacko
>>
>>72284088
>>72285619
>>72285698
>>72286692
>>72286962
>>72287101
>>72287313
Dude, its a fucking leaf

Actually incredible how these threads get so much attention.
Its
>a
>fucking
>leaf
>>
>>72289718
Don't do it. Employers look into it and if they see any inconsistencies they will look into it further and pursue it. There are plenty of times where I have seen people who said they had college degrees get canned for falsifying their education for employment.
>>
>>72295459
I've got no personal experience, but I'll give a shitty little piece of advice.

Consider careful fabrication of job experience to put on your CV/Resume. If I was getting the dick from companies that wouldn't hire me due to my unemployment history, I would begin to lie my ass off. It does depend upon your social skills and affability, ease with folks, etc a bit. But if you reckon you could pull it off, I seriously doubt that some really low-level jobs would go around contacting one another about some guy possibly potentially maybe bullshitting his way around.

Or bullshit about a severe health issue that you've had a miraculous recovery from.

But there ain't a breach in morals to be a bit cut-throat in today's job market. Take a look at most of the folks you're competing against and you won't feel bad, either.
>>
>>72284557
Falling into the twilight zone is worse than homelessness.
>>
File: Get_In_Faggot.jpg (978 KB, 1500x1001) Image search: [Google]
Get_In_Faggot.jpg
978 KB, 1500x1001
>>72290079

>Leftist
>Calling Speech a Privilege.

Well color me surprised.
>>
>>72296744
oh, I should have really clarified

I would be lying my ass off about having steady shitty employment at small fictional defunct companies doing low-tier labor, not lying my ass off about having an undergraduate degree or higher, lmao. THAT shit will get your ass canned unless you're somehow a miracle from the Gods and straight ubermensch
>>
>>72284088
Homeless for 6 months when i turned 18 and ran away from home AMA
>>
>>72297319

I assumed as much, haven't really got it in me to fabricate but if it's a needs must then so be it, thanks for the advice burger friendo
>>
>>72298209
>homeless
>romania

Is this bait?
>>
>>72289364
Tell that to the people who lost their homes after 2008. The world isn't black and white anon
>>
>>72284088
I've employed the homeless. Its really charity since they aren't worth the money IMO. Also the ones I've dealt with all seem to lack any sense of planning. Like dogs, living in the moment. No thought of how to take this job and get out of their situation. Kinda sad to watch knowing you really can't change them.
>>
>>72284088
Helping the homeless get ID, a mailbox, phone number, and other they need for a job is something community charities do better than government organizations. The rules and regulations of the organizations that are supposed to help the homeless can't deal with people who have no support and suffer from mental illnesses and vice versa.

Source: worked with local church based charities in my city. This is the best way to make progress in this area.
Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.