[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't you converted to Mormonism and got a Mormon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 16
File: sandiego.jpg (392 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
sandiego.jpg
392 KB, 1600x1066
Why haven't you converted to Mormonism and got a Mormon wife yet, pol?
>>
because no one gives a shit what you think you're doing with your life
>>
idk but i just pinched the biggest loaf ever
>>
Because Mormons are crazy cultist Cruzcucks
>>
I really, REALLY want a Mormon wife.
>>
It's a literal cult.
>>
>>72272859
Already Mormon. Working on the wife part!
>>72273079
Now kiwi bro, you're surely not just basing this off things you've heard, surely you've come to church and seen.
You wouldn't just make those claims would you?
>>
File: 1449518323965.jpg (36 KB, 491x349) Image search: [Google]
1449518323965.jpg
36 KB, 491x349
>>72272859

I had a huge crush on this mormon QT back in highschool but never made a move. I realized later that she'd been into me too but is now married.

>tfw
>>
>Mormonism

The biggest heresy on earth

http://www.biblebelievers.com/jmelton/Mormons.html
>>
>>72273462
why do you have that image saved?
>>
File: portland-mormon-temple24.jpg (133 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
portland-mormon-temple24.jpg
133 KB, 1024x768
They have some really awesome temples.
>>
>>72273464
Hey now.
Every sect has its own beliefs that are incredibly strange and could be seen as heretical when taken out of context.
Like how Catholics promote cannibalism. The priest turns a wafer into a dead person which people then eat.

Sounds a touch heretical when you look at it in that way.
All I'm saying is don't be so quick to label others as heretical.
We must seek to strengthen our relationship with our Saviour first.
>>
>>72272859

They're a bunch of weird cultists. I would ban Mormonism and deport them all back to Utah (if there are any here)
>>
>>72273990
I'm a Baptist

And I will discuss God with you when you start believing in him and not in many.
>>
>>72274285
Baptists are really passionate about their faith, I like it.
We worship one God and His son Jesus Christ.
Are the type of Baptist where you're saved if you say that Jesus is your Saviour?
>>
File: joseph-smith_s.jpg (24 KB, 169x239) Image search: [Google]
joseph-smith_s.jpg
24 KB, 169x239
Hey, whats it called when someone claims to be a prophet, starts to prophecy, and then those things he said never come to pass?

Hmm, would you call someone like that..a false prophet?
>>
>>72274456
No, I am the type of Baptist that follows the gospel

And you aren't saved by saying Christ is your Savior. You are saved by believing it and living like he is
>>
>>72273984
>>
>>72272859
Thinking about going to their church this coming Sunday.
What are their views on tattoos and veterans?
>>
>>72274665
But muh grace! I don't need good works to be saved, all I need is to believe and grace forgives all my sins :) I can live however I want as long as I have christ in my heart. Isn't grace amazing?
>>
>>72272859
because I don't follow corrupted Christian cults founded by an occultist con-man who was kicked out of Freemasonry and stole their ENTRY-LEVEL (aka blue lodge) initiatory rites to create... what is effectively, the 18th century version of Scientology.

Did I call you a faggot in the above rant?.... nope... FAG.
>>
>magic underwear
>>
>>72274607
You mean like how he prophesied the civil war?
>>72274665
OK cool, I struggle with those 'saved by grace' Baptists. Of course we are saved by Grace, but it's conditional on like you say, the degree to which we follow Christ.
Living the Gospel of Christ is like out stretching our hands to accept of Christ's Mercy.
>>72274974
Us Mormons don't get tattoos, but I know plenty who have converted and still have tatts.
They like veterans. We really respect those who defend our country.
>>
I'm already married to a Lutheran, but we did get married in a proper old school Lutheran church.

We're actually moving to Utah next year, but we've had lots of dealings with the LDS of northern Utah. They are honestly the best of what America was about in the 1950s, with a healthy dose of tolerance. Once they learned we were conservative, christian, white, and not brokeass they welcomed us with open arms.

I look forward to living in northern Utah without all the fucking degenerates.
>>
>>72272859
because im not psychotic or schizophrenic
>>
>>72275210
Neato. Hope they don't mind then.
>>
>>72275321
Utah is full of coke heads
I've never found a more degenerate woman than a Morman
>>
>>72275321
That's cool anon, you'll have a good time. Don't be too concerned if they invite you to church and the like. That's our way of saying we like you and want to share what we have.
>>72275412
Nah, you'll be fine, are you seeing the missionaries?
>>72275543
That's the Utah culture a little I think.
Mormon girls here are qt 3.14 as well as being lovely pure kids.
>>
>>72272859

Cause I'm a Catholic. The only true Church along with the Orthodox.
>>
>>72275543

They call them "Californians".

And LDS women degenerates? What planet are you living on?
>>
File: le mysterious shape.jpg (1 KB, 106x125) Image search: [Google]
le mysterious shape.jpg
1 KB, 106x125
>>72275210
Funny you mention that particular prophecy, because at his point in time it was fairly easy to predict the tension between the north and south would turn into war sooner or later.

He further prophesised, that all nations would be pulled into the civil war. Which didn't happen.

But hey, at least he correctly predicted the building of Zion in Missouri.. oh wait, no, the mormons instead got their shit kicked in by state militia so bad they had to run to Illinois to lick their wounds and form their own little hugbox before that Zion prophecy could come true.

Funny story with that, they eventually got kicked out of IL too, and had to leave the United States altogether to avoid getting wrecked. A people that go from place to place and somehow upset the locals to the point of war? Where have I heard that one before?

>Mormons claim to be the real Jews, everyone else gentiles
Now it makes more sense.
>>
>>72275670
>catholicism

Good meme pal

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/catholic_heresies-a_list.htm
>>
I've been mormon from birth and still don't have a mormon wife. And I've been going to BYU for three years. I guess I'm just a failure of a man.

Though I'm on /pol/, so I guess that goes without saying, no?

>>72275321
>I look forward to living in northern Utah without all the fucking degenerates.

How far north? Logan? Looks pretty nice, has Utah State, which attracts degenerates like all colleges, but otherwise p. good in my limited experience.
>>
>>72275875
You know the funny thing with prophecies like that is that theres no time limit. Good thing to, otherwise it'd be problem ;)
>>72275919
Let's be United as Christian brothers, I don't get all this infighting.
>>72276174
You're not a failure you silly yank. Sometimes it takes time. Trust in God.
>>
>current year
>still not practicing the one true religion of Thelema
>>
Because it goes both ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6udew9axmdM
>>
>>72276317
Don't worry my poor misguided friend, he also made prophecies with time limits.

Like when he predicted the second coming of Christ within 56 years. Surprise, Jesus stood him up.

Oh, and by the way, the Zion prophecy specified that Joseph Smith would be overseeing the construction of the new temple and city. Except that he died in IL.

I could do this for quite some time. The point is, if someone makes 500 prophecies and one or two of them happen to come true, that doesn't somehow negate the fact that the other 498 were bullshit.
>>
File: 1336800109819.gif (3 MB, 455x256) Image search: [Google]
1336800109819.gif
3 MB, 455x256
>>72276317
I don't know how I feel about being called a non-failure by an Ausfag, even if he is a co-religionist.
>>
>>72276174

Yes, Cache Valley. Property purchased. We're building late this year.

Logan is a nice little college town. Love the place.
>>
Mormonism is going extinct. It has a very high turnover, so they need missionaries to convert as many people as possible because existing members are leaving so fast. Its basically a church pyramid scheme. The LDS church constantly needs new members (tithe payers) to replenish all the members who are leaving. Looking forward to see the church fade into obscurity in the coming decades. Then I can maybe purchase one of their temples and turn it into a personal pleasure palace.
>>
>>72276919
Well they did start building. So still in part true. And I'm not too sure about the Christ coming back in however many years. It could've been his opinion or thoughts, necessarily revelation
>>72276972
Accept the compliment burger.
>>72277541
See, not too sure about that. It's still growing. While there are a few not active ones, it's still growing. It's nor going extinct.
>>
>Live in area my entire life
>Some shitty building that looks like a storage facility at the end of my street with a huge fence around it
>Always wondered what it was
>Found out it was a Mormon church about 3 weeks ago

It's such a piece of shit. I see all these GOAT ones posted and we're stuck with a glorified hut. I still feel like going though just to see if I can see what qts go. Can you just walk in like a normal church or do you need to sign your soul and everything over first like with Scientology?
>>
>>72272859
if you need to go door to door, nobody wants what you are selling
>>
>>72277541
>constantly listed as one of the fastest growing churches
>going extinct
Missionaries are how you grow your church. Christendom in general used to know this, but now it's only for a few evangelicals and smaller sects. No wonder Islam is overrunning Europe.
>>
>>72278001
Sorry our churches aren't up to your usual church going standards my bong friend.
>>
>>72278001
It might be rented. Look into the times (you can check online).
>>
>>72278501
I had a quick look and I think they've had it rebuilt. It looks better, but it's still not great. They actually have a sign up now too that tells you what it is. Before that it was just an ominous looking building prime for an /x/ thread. I'll check the times anyway though.

>All those cuties
>All those wives
>None of the allahu ackbar

What's not to love?
>>
>>72277901
Let's talk about polygamy, or "plural marriage". There was once a time that Mormanism proclaimed it as its most essential doctrine, the only path to being exalted into godhood. But then the pressures of modernity and the "gentile" legal system of the USA forced them to renounce it.

My question is this. If polygamy truly is absolutely essential for a morman's ascent into godhood (the ultimate goal, after all), then why would the church allow outside pressure to deny them this? Surely godhood is much more important than conforming to some gentile norms and laws?

And if it isn't actually essential to mormanism, if godhood can still be achieved in a monogamous relationship, then why did the earlier church make that claim? Either the church was lying to its members, or they are denying them the most important tool of their salvation.
>>
>>72272859
I'm already Mormon an I've got 5 wives!
>>
>>72278726
If it was essential, then a lot of mormons, even in the time of polygamy, weren't getting exalted, because it wasn't incredibly common. Obviously a lot more common than in the rest of the country, but on an absolute scale not really.

Also, even in the scriptures it's a conditional thing. In the Book of Mormon itself, right near the beginning, it says that having more than one wife is not allowed, for those people. However, that doesn't mean Abraham, Jacob, David, etc. were sinning with multiple wives either.
>>
>>72278726
Who knows what the future holds friend.
Polygamy was a practise. It ended because God said so, not because of the pressures of man, although that was a big factor in seeking the revelation on whether that should continue or not.
>>72279221
Pleb, I have 109.
>>
>>72273984
That's where I got married and sealed
>>
>>72272859
it's la jolla shitlord. Mitt romney wouldn't be proud of you.
>>
>>72279388
How do Mormons in Australia prep with the anti-hoarding laws?
>>
>>72279251
Exactly.
For a time it was essential for salvation to follow the law of Moses, but now it's not. Does this mean God is a changing God? Of course not. But like how your rules for your children change as they grow, so to sometimes do the commandment of God progress and evolve.
>>
>>72279682
Anti hoarding laws? Wut?
By prep you mean have food storage? All are encouraged. Never know when a rainy day might come.
>>
>>72272859
Why should I betray my Church for the prospect of a wife you degenerate? Why are you advocating lust? Utah please.
>>
>>72279772
Heard in a /k/ thread thread that Australia has laws against storing too much food and water
>>
>>72272859
>god was a human who was a good mormon and became god of his own planet
>if we're perfect mormons we can do the same and fuck our spirit wives to create spirit children on our planet
>apparently jesus said lol jk apostles and fucked off to south america
>magic underwear
>masonic rituals in the temple
>joseph smith was a noted con artist who duped stupid fuckers all the time
>if you dont get sealed in the temple you cant be married in heaven and fuck your spirit wife
>families cant watch sealing ceremonies
>joseph smith was a mason
>the book of mormon is "the truest book", yet has undergone many rewrites and changed many of its views
>black people are cursed by god until the church decided they needed more members and invited blacks in
>if you fuck up the community shuns you
>a 13 year old boy who joins the priesthood has more power than his mother in the household

you are scientology tier heretics

t. guy who almost married a mom
>>
>>72280354
*momo
>>
>>72280398
What made you not marry her?
>>
>>72279708
The very nature of God is supposed to be unchanging and eternal. If God is capricious and contradicting in his commandments, how can humans trust them enough to follow them?
>>
>>72273318
You shitting me mate. You believe the Garden of Eden was in Missouri?
>>
>>72280524

Because maybe our understanding of god is limited by the writings of humans? We try our best to make it happen, but we understand it will be fallible. So we also pray for forgiveness.
>>
Not wife wives
>>
>>72272859
mormons are nasty heretics who should meet my blade
>>
>>72280461

everything was fine till it got to the possibly marrying part

>I WONT LOVE YOU IF YOU DONT CONVERT AND GET SEALED IN THE TEMPLE WITH ME
>>
>>72280865
You should of played bullshit and tried to convince her to come to your side.
>>
>>72280524
He is unchanging and He is eternal.
However His laws for us adapt to His children's circumstances.
What was the whole of the Law of Moses for? Why send Jesus if He is unchanging and the law of Moses is all that's required
>>72280811
Edgy.
Pun intended :)
>>
>>72273318
as someone who went to church for 18 years, yeah, mormonism is a retarded cult
>>
>>72272859
... because it's literally a Satanic cult that depends on humiliating and overworking its members?
>>
>>72281012
Wew lad, I can taste your salt from across the sea.
>>72281026
>Literally
Not sure you're using that word correctly. Had you actually attended a service you would understand more.
Surely you're not relying on the silly things people write on the Internet, or the half true 'accounts' of others? We love Jesus.
>>
>>72281202
So why do you spit on Peter?
>>
>>72280932
i tried, theyre indoctrinated hard. they literally teach that anyone who isnt a priest in the church who talks about mormonism is a liar and shouldnt be believed
>>
>>72281202
and i can taste the extra 10% of my paycheck i don't give to a cult that uses it to build shopping malls and buy land in florida
>>
Morminism is a plague here, We need more progress and diversity!
>>
>>72281287
Please elaborate. We like Peter.
>>72281386
Bet it tastes good :)
Why so mad about 10%?
>>
>>72281292
Was she at least cute?
>>72281453
Yet you don't honer his sacrifice and his martyrdom. You have the gall to say that Peter isn't the guy to help spread the word of Christ, instead it's some secondary fucker who saw angels and shit and some rock was able to be with Christ.
>>
>>72281453
i dunno man i can't say i think about it ever except for when people shill mormonism, for whatever reason they do so
>>
Because I enjoy caffeinated drinks and alcohol.
>>
>>72281607
That is 100% not the case. We honour his sacrifice and the know he was a great missionary for Christ.
>>72281673
That's nice friend. I wish you happiness.
>>
I can't take anything Glenn Beck's in seriously.
>>
File: 1461771480826.png (128 KB, 450x365) Image search: [Google]
1461771480826.png
128 KB, 450x365
>>72272859
I converted 4 years ago anon to marry my wife. Two kids and living /comfy/. Her parents are mad though since we are all in for Trump. Feels good though.
>>
>>72280067
Ausfags is this true? How would you even get caught doing something like that?
>>
>>72282174
Yet you spit on him. You spit on the people that take up his place as the Pope.
>>
>>72282629
Again, need some evidence for these wild claims that we spit on him
>>
>>72282942
Who do you follow, who is the head of the Mormon Church, the Vicar of Christ if you will for the Church.
>>
>>72281202
Their churches have the planet Saturn instead of a cross and their creation story explicitly states that Satan succeeded with fear where Jesus had failed with love.
Their temple has green trapezoids, which are representations of Morning Star Temples.
I literally meant to say literally, they are Satanists.
>>
>>72283121
Jesus Christ.
Who speaks through a prophet called of God.
Not following a Pope doesn't mean we spit on Peter, don't be so sensitive.
>>
>>72272859

Joseph Smith was a false prophet and is burning in Hell as we speak. That's why.
>>
>>72279397
>sealed
Tf does that mean
>>
File: LoL soraka exasperation_1.png (9 KB, 297x282) Image search: [Google]
LoL soraka exasperation_1.png
9 KB, 297x282
>Think Mormonists are a bunch of koolaid drinking retards who bought into a stupid cult
>Secretly long to be a part of their proud white culture due to their emphasis on breeding, as it's the only way western culture will combat the Islamic womb strategy

This is actually the most horrific feel
>>
>>72283435
No, you idiot, who leads the physical Church after Christ. It ain't whatever the fuck you're assuming.
>>
>>72283121
No other Christian denomination accepts the authority of some up-jumped Archbishop. That's a stupid thing to try and call the Mormons out on
>implying Mormons are even Christians
>>
>>72275543
idk, some utah mormon girls are not only fine bitches but are absolute freaks in bed
>>
I'm a 6'4" chef at Wendy's with a 31 inch penis making over $130,000 a year
>>
>>72283642
Wow friend, let's all keep it Christ like in here.
I said who leads our Church, what did you want me to say?
>>
>>72283891
The Bishop, the whoever the fuck is the head guy, we all know that Jesus Christ is the top top guy, but were talking about the people on earth, right now.
>>
>>72283957
The Prophet?
>>
>>72278693
It's a great life. No, you don't give them any personal information if you go.
>>
>>72283121
Mormons believe the priesthood was lost long after Peter.

Let me lay it into simple terms for you.

At the Nicene Conference they had to argue whether Christ was the literal Son of God or the Embodiment of God. Let that sink in for a minute. Your supposed Vicar of Christ and his forefathers had to argue about the very nature of the Lord and Savior.

You should really consider criticizing your own origins before calling anyone else out on theirs. Do it quick before you have a black lesbian female pope who assigns official altar boys for buttfucking in confession.

> Awaits the "Joseph Smith had a thirteen year old wife" comment and the standard "Thirteen was a common marrying age still in the United States in the 1840's, you stupid fuck" inevitable reply.
>>
>>72284381
And who would this """Prophet"""" be?
>>
If I were going to get married, it would pretty much have to be a mormon wife. They're not likely to marry outside the church though (but I know for a fact that it does happen), and no way am I dealing with all the fucking dumbass rules they impose.

I just want a chaste homemaker wife is all, really.
>>
>>72273041
Yea, but was it a no wipe?
>>
File: 1452399331602.jpg (21 KB, 453x500) Image search: [Google]
1452399331602.jpg
21 KB, 453x500
>>72273990
The Eucharist is not about cannibalism you dumb fuck.
>>
>>72278046
Going door to door is not our preferred method. It all depends on the area.
>>
File: gothere.jpg (44 KB, 480x494) Image search: [Google]
gothere.jpg
44 KB, 480x494
Revelation 22:18
...testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.…
>>
>>72284499
Because you had a fag who denied that the Lord and Savior was the fucking Lord and Savior.
> Do it quick before you have a black lesbian female pope who assigns official altar boys for buttfucking in confession.
I didn't know Peter was a woman? Priests can't be women, priests can't be trannies, if the Dogma gets changed that would cause a massive schism. Nice try protestshit, please ruin the west more by letting the kikes win.
>>
>>72284526
Technically, by believing the Sacrament is transmutation and not symbolism it could be construed as a form of cannibalism. I know this isn't the exact intent, but you have to admit it does seem that way.
>>
>>72273079
shut up cultist
>>
>>72283609
Most marriages are "til death." Sealed is when your marriage may extend to the next life.
>>
File: 52.jpg (31 KB, 400x256) Image search: [Google]
52.jpg
31 KB, 400x256
You think you're safe on a board full of degerate porn cursing and foulness, but no, mormons
>>
>>72272859
Because my Mormon apostate wife is just as freaky as other repressed chicks without me needing to wake up early Sunday morning.
>>
>>72284526
Transubstantiation
>>72284504
Thomas S Monson
>>72284671
It also says something similar in Exodus.
And revelations wasn't even Chronologically the last book.
>>
>>72285061
>President
>not even called a Prophet or anything
Disgusting, by what right does he have to lead a Church?
>>
>>72284671
That essentially negates the Bible as it is a compilation that was formed well after those words were written.
>>
>>72284783
You really don't know your own history very well, do you?

From the wikipedia article about the first council of Nicaea:

"Its main accomplishments were settlement of the Christological issue of the nature of the Son of God and his relationship to God the Father,[3] the construction of the first part of the Creed of Nicaea, establishing uniform observance of the date of Easter,[6] and promulgation of early canon law.[4][7]"

Face it, early Christians didn't have their shit together after Peter and the other apostles died. Your main hatred of Mormonism seems to be rooted in the fact they claim to have modern revelation. In reality, it should bother you more that you seem to have lost it.
>>
>>72285224
He is a prophet?
His authority comes from God?
Friend, how little do you know of my faith?
>>
File: Crazy Llama.gif (2 MB, 371x331) Image search: [Google]
Crazy Llama.gif
2 MB, 371x331
>>72285224
The President of the Church is known as a Prophet, Seer, and Revelator. One is a title, the other are responsibilities.

> mfw this catholfag things the only person God speaks with must have the title "Official Communicator with the Most High God"
>>
>>72285498
He barely knows anything of his own. I wouldn't expect a great religious debate of any substance from him. I actually expect him to have abandoned the thread already.
>>
>>72285446
Well fucking shit, it's the starting point and they needed to workout all the kinks. Explain why this is bad?
>Your main hatred of Mormonism seems to be rooted in the fact they claim to have modern revelation
No, it's because you follow a conman freemason, who's been known to be a damn freemason yet you follow him.
>>72285498
How is he a Prophet? Did he see God, did he see Christ, did he see the fucking Seer stone or whatever?
Where does he get this authority from God? Was it when Christ said it himself, and that the foundation of this Church shall prevail? Because that was for Peter.
>>
>>72285959

A lot of the early church leaders were Freemason's. So were most of the founding fathers. Do you no longer want to be an American now?

As for your earlier post from Revelations I have this reply from one of the church leaders:

"“And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.” (Rev. 22:18–19.)

These verses of scripture have been cited repeatedly by those attempting to discredit the Book of Mormon, claiming that God’s revelation to man is closed. Nothing more is to be added and nothing is to be taken away. They assert that the Book of Mormon is an attempt to add to the words of the Bible. These claims were made when the Book of Mormon was first published and have continued to be made, and are made today. Is there any validity to such assertions?

The answer to this query is really very simple. A careful reading of the words makes it clear that the warning against adding to or taking away does not refer to the whole Bible or even to the New Testament, but to use John’s words, only to the words of “the book of this prophecy.” That is, the prophecy contained in the book of Revelation. This is substantiated by the fact that some of the books of the New Testament had not yet been written when John wrote the book of Revelation, and even those that had been written and were in existence at that time had not yet been gathered into one compilation." - Howard W Hunter

Further, yes, Christ and Heavenly Father appeared to Joseph Smith. This is a central part of the origin story of Mormonism. Really, as basic as it gets. If you didn't know that, what the fuck are you doing in this thread?
>>
>>72285959
This authority was restored by God and Christ after it was lost after centuries of apostasy.
All of the claims of papal authority come from the idea that Peter was the first Pope, when it's just interpretation that Christ was talking about Peter.
>>
>>72286758
>Do you no longer want to be an American now?
No? Why should I leave my country?
>Further, yes, Christ and Heavenly Father appeared to Joseph Smith
So he saw God? Bullshit, pure bullshit. I don't buy it.
>>72286821
>All of the claims of papal authority come from the idea that Peter was the first Pope, when it's just interpretation that Christ was talking about Peter.
So Matthew 16:18 means nothing?
>>
>>72287075
It means a lot. It does not mean Peter was the first Pope, though.
>>
>>72287556
So it means nothing.
>>
>>72286821
An interpretation that all of the apostles seemed to agree with.

Which seems a little more reliable than your interpretation, huh?
>>
>>72273318
I was born mormon ( in Utah, nonetheless ) and yes famalam its a fucking cult.

They will hound your ass for that tithe.
>>
>>72287638
Are 5 years old friend? Why are you promoting conflict and needless debate? Christ preached against exactly what you're doing. When the world is becoming more and more filthy, why are you dividing rather than uniting with your brothers and sisters?
>>
>>72287946
Because I'm not the one who supports committing more and more schisms.
>>
>>72287901
I've never been hounded for my tithe (and I'm a little behind at the moment...) it seems to be a Utah thing
>>72288126
When was the last time you went to church friend? Don't be so full of hate. Christ said those who aren't against us are with us.
>>
>>72288294
>When was the last time you went to church friend?
Last week.
>Don't be so full of hate
How is telling you that what's going on is counter-intuitive to what Christ said is now hatred?
>>
Mormons are fantastic Americans. pious, hard working, big white families, traditional.

but, I don't believe that Mormonism is compatible with Christianity.

Mormonism recognizes more than one God. For Mormons, God is the God of our planet, but there are other Gods, for other planets.

For Mormons, someday, souls from this planet might ascend and be the God of some other planet.

So, I just don't see this strange polytheism as Biblical.
>>
File: 1452047238152.jpg (48 KB, 401x727) Image search: [Google]
1452047238152.jpg
48 KB, 401x727
>>72284821
If you construe it that way yeah.

>>72285061
Even Jesus didn't describe it as cannibalism. It's a ritual from the last supper. Do you think the disciples really wanted to eat parts of Jesus as if anything good would come out of it?
>>
I'd convert to Mormonism if they were ok with me being a faggot.
>>
>>72288575
No Church is okay with you being a faggot.
>>
I drive by that Mormon church in OP's pic every day for work here in San Diego

Admittedly the Mormons here are all extremely successful investment bankers, doctors, CPAs, lawyers etc
>>
Honestly OP, I prefer hedonism over Mormonism.
>>
File: 1451715715867.jpg (144 KB, 1024x730) Image search: [Google]
1451715715867.jpg
144 KB, 1024x730
>>72288575
Try the Episcopal church friend.
>>
>>72288468
Last week? I hope there was a sermon of love and tolerance. Arguing with a brother in Christ is like a blunt pencil. Pointless.
>>72288519
You're right but it's been changed to the doctrine it is today of where the priest literally changes the bread into the body of Christ.
>>72288575
God loves you. One of my God friends at church is gay. God will judge you on your actions. Changing how you feel can be nigh impossible, but if your actions remain pure, you are welcomed into his embrace.
>>
>>72288717
Hi Milo
>>
>>72289052
>God loves you
>Encouraging, overall heartwarming message
>Australian

8.75/10 Almost got me, mate.
>>
>>72289153
Haha, sometimes I wish I could shed the flag when I post nice things just so people know I'm being honest.
It's 100% true though. God loves everyone. Even those crazy Mormons ;)
>>
>>72289052
I'm arguing that the fact that you aren't in the same Church isn't right, isn't okay.
>>
File: 54088987.jpg (102 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
54088987.jpg
102 KB, 400x400
>>72288937
Yeah, I'd rather just be straight up Pagan than beat around the bush with this Mormon crap.
>>
>>72288486
This view of Polytheism isn't exactly interpreted correctly.

God created our universe. He is the only God. However, Mormons believe he is from another universe in which he also had a creator. We in turn have the opportunity to become like him. It is a cycle in which a God is the only God of their own universe. In many ways, Mormonism is largely compatible with Multiple Universe and String theories, if not exactly similar to other Christian religions.
>>
>>72272859

>*mormon wives

FTFY
>>
>>72289247
>;)
Nice try, kanga-wrangler!
>>
>>72289252
Tell me something. Tell me the fate of the soul of Tanaka San. He lived in Japan hundreds of years before Christ, never got a chance to hear the Gospel and died without hearing of Christ.
Tell me where his soul is.
>>
>>72289371
But I'm serious :(
>>
>>72289437
Probably in what he would consider Heaven for which I would consider hell.
>>
>>72289511
So you're saying the loving Creator of all, God the Father has damned him ceasing his progress on account on where and when he was born?
>>
>>72289780
I said he was in whatever he believed was right for him, which for me I would consider hell. Never said he was damned.
>>
>>72289302

>>Mormons believe he is from another universe in which he also had a creator

God was not created. God has always existed and will always exist.

see here for scriptural references.

Mormonism isn't Biblical :(

https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_352.cfm
>>
>>72289437
>>72289780
That's not how it works. If he was Christ-like then he was accepted. You're saved by how good you are. Denying Christs actions is denying goodness. But if you aren't aware of Christ's actions then how can you deny goodness? However naive it may be.

God judges by your circumstances.
>>
>>72281386
Instead you live in a country that takes 30% of your paycheck to fund degeneracy.
I do too.
>>
>>72272859

S C A M
C
A
M
>>
>>72285959
>who's been known to be a damn freemason yet you follow him.
The Freemason bit is fine. The bad part is that he was an oathbreaker who sold out Masonic ritual.

Who would want to follow a traitor who can't keep his word?
>>
>>72290924
why are there golden bulls holding up the baptismal font in the temple?

as far as idols in christianity go, golden cows have been bad since about day 2
>>
>>72289926
All of those scriptures are valid.. in the scope of our understanding of the universe.

If we take the scriptures literally, then most portions of string theory, multiple universe theory, and even some basic physics have to be tossed out the window.

One of the things I appreciate about Mormonism is that it doesn't try to argue against science. In fact, it feels right at home in academia. There was an interesting study done in the 90's that demonstrated an inverse correlation between faith in a god and IQ. This was universal in all Christian faiths, save Mormonism. Mormon's had higher average IQ's and were more educated the more faithful they were to their religion.
>>
>>72273990
you fucking ignorant aussie bastard. get bit by a dingo too many times to know what transubstantiation is?

please stop grovling for attention. it's pathetic.
>>
>>72291368
This is actually symbolic of the Commandments. Literally, that holding to the law of God would be above any worldly thing.

Everything about the temples is based on symbolism. Read everything out of Exodus and their description of the temple with the Ark of the Covenant and there is something similar in Mormon temples.

Even the construction is symbolic. The baptismal font is on the lowest floor, signifying the first step on earth taken in our journey to our Heavenly Father. The highest ordinance room is termed the Celestial Room.
Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.