[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was your relationship with your parents like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 23
File: 1454057417709.gif (1 MB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
1454057417709.gif
1 MB, 400x320
>inb4 not politics

The relationship you had with your parents can have a tremendous influence on your future political leanings, as well as your psychological disposition.
>>
>>72255128
My parents where both from Britian, born and raised, my fathers relatives date back to the Battle of Hastings 1066, and my mothers was a Anglo Saxon woman.
My parents told me that I was superior to all other races because my Anglo blood was filled with glory and conquest.
>>
>>72255128
my mom still kisses me on the cheek so I would say it is all good
>>
My dad hates jews.
Not merely "disliking", he really hates them. He's a businessman so he sometimes had to deal with them, so he knows. Also, he knew from day 1 that Jews are destroying the West.

Would constantly shout "Hitler's only mistake was he didn't finish his job properly".
>>
File: 1459304069978.jpg (82 KB, 1008x672) Image search: [Google]
1459304069978.jpg
82 KB, 1008x672
>>72255128
Dad is pro gunz and still stuck in the old Republican Reagan era of thinking. Mom is moderate she votes for whoever will make/save her the most money korean women I swear are secretly jewish.

I'm in the middle I think both parties have good ideas and horrible ideas, I just want what is best for the United States.
>>
File: beady.jpg (25 KB, 490x313) Image search: [Google]
beady.jpg
25 KB, 490x313
>>72255669

...what is "best" for the United States?

>>72255351

pic related level?
>>
>>72255128
my parents were pretty liberal in a sense they allowed me to do a lot of things my peers weren't allowed to do. they also didn't like me holding any racist or any other "-phobic" views (they were aware of the jewish problem, though).
i was a cheeky lil' cunt, then i became a leftie, saw what an utter bollocks it is and now i'm a refined racist and [insert anything -phobic in here]
>>
>>72255128
My father cheated on my mum so pretty bad. Love my mum though
>>
the worst parts of being liberal + the worst parts of being conservative Helicopter parents

Got out of there asap
>>
>>72256354
Forgot to mention that my political leanings are more to the center and I fucking despise Muslims
>>
My dad's a big Tito fan and yugonostalgia fag. hates the US, loves Russia and laughs every time Putin does something outrageous.

My mom is extremely homophobic about lesbians specifically but not about male fags. Also occasionally says benign "racist" shit like blacks are inherently good dancers because of their jungle blood and stuff like that.
>>
File: 1461707305545.jpg (74 KB, 564x423) Image search: [Google]
1461707305545.jpg
74 KB, 564x423
>>72255128
>single mother
>no father around
I learned how not to live my life by their example.
>>
>>72255128
I was raised by various foreigners from Germany, Poland, Portugal, Switzerland and Brazil. My relationship with my parents was ok, would describe it as fairly typical
>>
>>72255128
I moved to the big city, my parents still married and living together with my sisters,we are a catholic family, we call each other 4 days a week, i think is pretty good actually.
>>
>>72255128
Poor.

Grew up with a single mother which I hate with my every being.
Relationship with my dad was generally cold and during my edgy teen years we barely talked, he later died of cancer in my late teens and I regret every day I didn't spend more time with him.
>>
Very good relationship with both.

Dad hates fags a lot and rapefugees. He is however okay with both Russians and Turks. Mum is okay with fags, but hates dindus and rapefugees. We all also make fun of trannies and my mum likes to joke about jews.

Mind you, I was never raised to hate anybody, but you know, it sorta started becoming more common to talk about these thing the older I got. I say this because some leftists seem to think if you are critical of any of the above you were brainwashed by your parents ever since you were a kid.
>>
My father is an old-school social democrat. My mother is a centrist, but she is against Islam, so I could see her making a shift to the right.
>>
>>72257110

Foster parents/group homes then?
>>
File: 1461056163879.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1461056163879.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
largely absent dad with narcissism issues, and a neurotic overprotective mother.

I turned out pretty poor but how much of that I can blame on them is limited, I became a loser all by myself.
>>
>>72255128
Pretty perfectly.
Upper middle class life. Parents involved in my life, but never hovering over me. They expected me to do well, and I always exceeded it. They loved me unconditionally, brought me on trips, asked my options on things.

Incredibly extroverted, so enormous amount of family friends were brought over of a plethora of different races and nationalities.

They taught me how to treat people with respect regardless of their beliefs. They taught me hard work feels good, and that you should always to do better than you can. They taught me nature is next to God. I love them, and going home is always a treat.

They're the best.
>>
File: 1460828227841.jpg (43 KB, 600x606) Image search: [Google]
1460828227841.jpg
43 KB, 600x606
Was chatting to my dad how I saw loads of refugees in Germany last week and that they were loud and obnoxious. He dropped it on me that their hearing is fucked on account of all the bombs. We kekd.
>>
>>72255128
>relationship with mom was always "don't be like your father" but she never actually educated me,school did.
>i visit my distant divorced daddy every weekend once in a while for 21 years now
>he was never present but i learned from his right-wing line of thought
>be me a 23yo grownaass man
>nearing college dropout (i fucking hate it and dont want to work with it)
>parents yelling at me constantly asking when will i finish
>i just want to work on an easy job on a first world country
>at least im right-winged
>mom sees me as a NEET and as a dictator for my political views
kill me
>>
File: 1461035483037.png (14 KB, 298x298) Image search: [Google]
1461035483037.png
14 KB, 298x298
>>72257912
I'm awfully envious of your situation.
>>
>>72257912
>They taught me how to treat people with respect regardless of their beliefs

nah sorry, when someone's beliefs are stupid, it reflects on the intelligence and personality of the person who would choose to have that belief
>>
>>72255128
Excellent actually. They taught me to question everything. They taught me to be polite in public. They taught me how to be a man. They taught me how to respect myself and others.

They instilled in me an excellent work ethic and the urge to be a better person everyday.

Also a strong sense of heritage going to cultural events and whatnot.

It wasn't all roses, but in times of tribulation we have always banded together for the good of our family clan.

Still together 35+ years on.

They are a little annoyed with my views now, they will get over it.
>>
>>72257523
No my parents traveled for work a lot and were always busy, they hired people from other countries to live and take care of us as children
>>
pretty good but i dont really communicate as much as i should with them and i worry and frustrate them with my neetness. ironically. was the kid they had hope for. they thought was going to get married and have kids first and be successful but im almost 22, barely ever work just enough to feed my alchoholism and cigarette addiction and a bit of weed and still live at home
>>
File: 1460862327584.jpg (145 KB, 624x950) Image search: [Google]
1460862327584.jpg
145 KB, 624x950
I love them, they love me. Repilled my mum on the Jews. Moved away and miss them terribly
>>
my grandma died when my mother was 16, her father than decided that my mother should become the housewife and pull her out of school.
My mom never forgave my grandfather and she became a bit feministic
Religion: Agnostic; leaning atheist but a personal experience with her dead mother during the birth of my brother keeps her believing in something
My dad was a marine, a painter and eventually just landed some job with decent middle class pay and returned to his school sweetheart my mom and became just a normal dad
Religion : Atheist
Oldest brother is a communist
other brother is a the problemchild
and I managed to land a very decent office job without actually every finishing any school or education

We all get along very well now that we're adults but I remember some heated discussions growing up
>>
>>72255128
Dad vanished before birth, mum wasn't really about when I was a child.

My Granparents brought me up. They never really discussed politics, turns out my gran is as right wing as I am, my granddad is centre left but hates foreigners with a passion.

I don't think they influenced my political stance as I never really got into politics until after I moved out.
>>
>>72258764
parents really fucked by with this whole "we should let kids stay with us past high school" thing. it's becoming the norm and it isn't healthy. maybe if you're in college and can't afford an apartment, but if not they should kick the kids out
>>
>>72255128
Dad is a solider told me what it was to be a man, little strained for a while due to him being away fighting quite a lot of my life
Mother has a mediocre job and was pretty lenient on me

Ended up being pretty rebelious but still knew what it meant to be a man unlike kids with just a mum
>>
>>72256579
Fucking republicans
>>
>>72255128
Mom was social democrat, dad was conservative.

I'm a disappointed, bitter humanist and increasingly hostile to non-western cultures and the so-called progressive elements of western society.
>>
>>72255128
Neither were really in my life that much.
>>
>>72255128
Constanstly arguing with these bleu pilled temperature room IQ fagget.

I would say I have been adopted but I know damn well they've always been broke ass gypsie all their fucking life.

Just like 99.9% of everyone in quebec they pround themself about not know jack shit about fuck all.

Jesus fucking christ I had to explain them that lineral where on the left side of the political spectrum.

this should give you an idea of how uneducated the swine around here is.

Anyway, if anything, my relationship with my parents tought me the most terrifying trutht about the world:

The people in charge may look competent but deep down they're fucking retards and they are shitting themselves.
>>
>>72255128
My father was hardcore non-denominational Christian, mother followed suit but was not as devoted to faith as he was. Dad was the praise and worship band leader, a phenomenal guitar player.

However, there never were parties for birthdays, Christmas was always nice of course. Never any big family gatherings except for holidays and even then they were always just dinner and that's it. Very brief.

My dad helped me a lot when I was younger, we had family vacations for a few years to Orlando which were always great. Mostly this consisted of dad lying down on the bed until we went to the theme parks.

He had a lot of heart issues. He was fit as could be, but his heart couldn't keep up. He had surgery to fix it, but then a blood clot passed from his heart and into his lungs. He died before the ambulance even got to our home.

I'd always been a recluse, minding my own business. Very quiet, reserved, shy. I was leaning heavily towards being a straight up commie. Then I joined the Army and have been hard right ever since.
>>
They were not faggot liberals who let me do whatever I wanted as a a kid so.....

Good.
>>
Asian immigrants from Burma.

Parents were both educated. Dad was an engineer. They left Burma to escape political instability and they wanted to raise us in a good environment. That is generally the story I was told since I could understand words.

Immigrant life is hard. They didn't know anyone here in Canada and they had a hard time adjusting to the customs and weather here. The first winter was especially hard.

Growing up was difficult.The stresses my parents had in life rubbed off on me and they took some of their frustration out on me. Often I feel as though I lost my childhood.

Generally I am a right-leaning.
>>
File: img127124.jpg (46 KB, 680x684) Image search: [Google]
img127124.jpg
46 KB, 680x684
Dunno quite how I feel reading some of these posts.
>>
>>72260118
>Generally I am a right-leaning.

You best be eating shepherd's pie every week you chinese nigger.
>>
>>72255128
I was born in a small village.
I was still a child when we were raided by soldiers, foreign soldiers.
Torn from my elders, I was made to speak their language.
With each new post, my masters changed, along with the words, they made me speak.
With each change, I changed too.
>>
>>72260463
Tell me Conan, what is best in life?
>>
>>72260638
to kill ANGLOS

change my flag into german one
>>
>>72255128
Parents are legal immigrants from Mexico. Although they are brainwashed by Mexican media and hate Trump they are conservative people who have worked hard. When my father came to the US at 20 he worked as a stable hand and now nearing 50 he's a supervisor at a factory. My mother stayed at home when my brothers and I were kids to raise us and now that we're all over 10 she works as a teacher for special education kids. Because my mother is a Jehovah witness and my father is catholic my siblings and I were raised with both, one week to mass and the next week to a Jehovah's meeting.

Other than the rare moments where my father loses his temper and my mother nags I consider myself close to both of them. Although I do admit that I am by far the most spoiled child as the oldest child and only daughter. I consider myself conservative and am voting for Trump, not planning on telling my parents that though.
>>
Dad was an abstract painter. Didn't manage to provide a decent home, so my mother left him, moved back to her rural hometown with my grandparents, got a job, bought a home, supported my brother and me through college. Now she's married to a nice guy, a folk singer with a steady government job. She drives a vintage convertible and got to retire at 52.

I had a great relationship with my dad growing up. My mum never badmouthed him, he did badmouth her plenty, he'd bring us to the cinema or on trips out, or buy us toys, games, videos, books, but rarely ever gave mum any money to support us. As a parent myself now, my feelings about my dad are a mix of pity and disgust, now I realise how much of the important things he straight up left my mother on her own to deal with. And the way he'd come down on a Sunday and enforce his rules in her house was the source of a lot of friction between them, which I now understand. Mostly I'm just worried about my half brother, since his new wife is a lazy diabetic manipulative cunt who throws tantrums and sulks. At least we had our mother, and I can't help my brother all the way from Wyoming. She'll probably find some excuse to cut off contact and then we'll never see him again.
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 751x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 751x640
Dad is full Mexican, my mother's family was from Poland, starting with my great grandfather moving here. Both sides of the family really hate niggers. My dad and mother's parents and beyond hate niggers. My parents hate niggers moderately and voice it when niggers do something stupid. Both sides are pro guns as fuck.
>>
>>72259118
honestly i think being forced out might be the only way to overcome both my anxiety and sheer laziness and unhealthiness it has spawned
>>
>>72255128
Ruler 0-6, leader 7-14, mutual respect 15+
>>
File: stefan.jpg (40 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
stefan.jpg
40 KB, 400x400
Hi everybody Stefan Molyneux from freedomainradio I hope you're doing well!

Spanking your kids is the direct cause of all the world's evils, specifically wars and the government, which is an immoral system centralised around the monopoly of violence to commit taxation, which is nothing else but theft at gunpoint, a gross violation of the Non-Aggression principle. Any arguments against these are actually not an argument because of my own moral framework that I invented that you cannot refute because speaking to me is proof that my framework is correct and evidence of Universally Preferable Behaviour. Therefore I literally cannot be wrong because everything is literally not an argument. The only way we can slay the great beast that is the government is for you to donate more than one fucking dollar. If you call in we will have a discussion about how your daddy's rich and your momma's good lookin', but she was an evil vile woman who is a child abuser because she fought with her husband in front of you once. If my mother weren't my mother she would be FUCKING DEAD! I would have FUCKING KILLED HER! You must go to therapy and defoo because spending time around people that WANT YOU SHOT is suicidal. Throughout the call I will constantly interrupt you, and scold you if you do the same to me, but that's okay because I have the largest philosophy show in the history of humanity. However, I will not hesitate to hang up on you if you admit that free will does not exist, because I don't debate with robots.

P.S. I don't want to fuck you.
>>
>>72257359
This is sad as fuck finbro
>>
Love my parents but they put me through a lot of grief. Having six kids when they weren't financially stable to do so for "tha lard" (we grew up Mormons), moved around a lot for my dad's work, I ended up being in the middle of parents potential divorce and keeping the younger ones out of that drama. My dad is as far as I can tell a life long Democrat or sticking to the left. Not sure if he hates Trump as much as my immediate family.

Finally moved out a few months ago after getting stable work and I can finally tell people I'm on the right without having to look over my shoulder. I'm not sure if it's just rebelling (really doubt it) because I do like the idea of a nuclear family and having standards vs being a degenerate, just not all the religious stuff...
>>
>>72255128
Dad left when born, never seen him since.
Mother left when 8, mental breakdown, drugs, wasn't capable of raising us, so I lived with my Grandfather until I was 18. He was okay.
I was separated from my half-brother as he went to live with his dad. We had the same mom, but different dads.

I'm a right wing libertarian, agnostic theist, and not too happy.
>>
>>72257912
comfy/10, I'm happy for you anon
>>
>>72260463
>>72260638
>>72260776
polan the barbarian
>>
File: 1453848966042.jpg (28 KB, 528x440) Image search: [Google]
1453848966042.jpg
28 KB, 528x440
>>72257912

I can't help but feel you're saying all this because it isn't really like that at all. Perhaps that's just the jadedness that /pol/ has left me with though...
>>
My dad is a selfish dickcheese who doesn't vote. Mom on the other hand is legitimately the most reasonable person I've met in my entire life. Lemme give you an example.
"Mom, are you pro life?"
"Well yeah but I can see why choice needs to be there."
Based moms are the best. Also she bought me lots of meat
>>
File: image.png (622 KB, 712x705) Image search: [Google]
image.png
622 KB, 712x705
Mom votes based on who my dad wants and he's always been a republican. Entire house is on the trump train now. Feels good
>>
Sketchy, pretty obvious my dad didn't want me, my mom at least seems to care
>>
File: image.png (220 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
220 KB, 500x500
>>72263106
...May i hug you?

You and i relate so much.
It is painful, brother, but we shall overcome and win in this life.
>>
>>72255128
platonic honestly
my dad is conservative
i was liberal when i was a teen but through my own decisions i sway mostly to the right.
my parents didn't really influence me after i was a teen
>>
>>72255128
Grew up with my dad teaching me the widest array of skills, including fixing mechanical shit, basic blacksmith techniques, fishing and hunting for wildlife (not actually killing anything, more like going innawoods looking for interesting animals and plant life to observe), so good relationship
Amazing relationship with mom too, always cooperating at home and seeing her as a teacher because she taught me basic English and most maths better than my actual elementary school teachers
I've always respected them, never gave them any trouble and tried my best to be a responsible daughter, they were quite proud of me being "level headed" (which translates to being a shut in with no ties to the outside world who only does the same things every day, but so far so good)
Unfortunately dad died when I was 14 and I feel like I missed on an important part of relational development because of that, it cut ties with an important figure.
My mother and I grew more attached to try and make up for the loss, and still are, especially since she's been bedded and ill for a while and I've been taking care of her the whole time.
How it has affected my political views I cannot say precisely, my entire family was pretty right wing so I believe that factored into my outlook on political issues, since my parents brought me up ingraining certain values
I can say that the whole situation caused me to become a person whose first priority is family ties and providing for the well being of my relatives, at the disadvantage of developing socially and emotionally
But I take pride in what I do and why I do it, because it's part of my fundamental values
>>
ive responded to these threads too, but its not impossible that these posts are going in your 'profile' in some cia computer

I mean what little damage is done is irreversible, but its definitely something to keep in mind in the future
>>
>>72264097
What video was this from again?
>>
File: canadianpepe.png (209 KB, 953x780) Image search: [Google]
canadianpepe.png
209 KB, 953x780
>>72264395
We're gonna make it, mexican brah.
>>
>>72255128
Me and my whole family are legal immigrants from Peru, me and my mom are pretty much the same on the political compass test we're both right leaning and support trump. My dad also supports trump.
>>
File: 1344382858691.jpg (32 KB, 353x372) Image search: [Google]
1344382858691.jpg
32 KB, 353x372
Not perfect, but not terrible. It varies wildly between members.

Didn't have a father, but mom was a real tough person (butch attitude but not appearance), but still gentle enough that she always took my issues to heart when I was younger, and still does.

Lived with my mom's parents and her. I credit her father (and herself to an extent) as to while I'm not a limp-wristed femminist faggot and why I'm with my gf in the first place. I picked up a lot of mannerisms from my mother and him about not taking shit and being very forceful.

I also got the same vibe from my uncle, who is as hardheaded as my mom.

The 2nd uncle is the one who ironically ended teaching me how to read peoples feelings better, he's very effeminate (but short-tempered and has a lot of unassuming strength)

Compound the fact that 2/3 of them are deaf, while I am not
>>
>>72260390
Why?
>>
>>72255128

I didn't meet my dad for the first time until I was 17. My mom was a favor feminist who refused to tell me anything about him. She married a shitty subhuman who was abusive as hell towards myself and my twin sister. I was constantly torn between either dealing with a violent psychopath who thought holding a toddler down in an ant hill was okay, and a mother who hated me for ruining her youth and not just being a fucking fashion accessory. At any sort of family event, the most important thing to her was how she could show us off. If she wanted mr to wear hiking boots so she could take pictures, she didn't care if my feet bled because they were two sizes too small and they'd forced me to hike miles. Any protest, saying or doing anything for my own well being or survival, or for that of my twin sister, was met with gas lighting. My stepdad would cut us off from the rest of our family when they'd notice something fucked up was going on.

My mom was a tumblrina feminist before the internet was a household word. People like them should be executed quite publicly. We need an extreme war to purge these types of leftists. I'd be the first to offer my mother and stepfather to the killing fields.

Myself and my twin sister have been diagnosed with Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, also called Developmental Trauma Disorder. Clinical diagnoses and both of us attempting suicide still hasn't grown them to admit what they did to us.

Liberals want to take away your right to defend yourself. I live close to NAU, where Steven Jones was arrested for pulling a gat and defending himself with deadly force against an intoxicated violent mob.

Liberals should be exposed to a constant state of existential threat, and if they still want to take your right to defend yourself, should simply be erased from existence
>>
Dad works from 6am to 11am ever since he moved to America during the 70s so I barely ever seen him.

Get along with my mom as if she was a single mother who raised me.
>>
Ever had your ass whipped with a Hot Wheels track when your mother loses her tamper and chimps out on your ass?

Nothing says Christmas like a new set of abuse tools.

Seriously. This is a real thing for those of us over 40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIFqRA9SBvU
>>
>>72264912
Sorry, don't mean to blog post but last part has more impact into my personal beliefs.

My mother is Sri-Lankan while my dad AFAIK is Welsh. A terrible combination which ended up with me looking like a low-key mexican. But my grandparents and all their kids grew up in Britain and swear to the queen and insists that India should have maintained under British rule, and that British (or any western culture) is far superior to any "Asian" culture.

I ended up being a right-leaning traditionalist.
>>
>>72257746
same here family
>>
>>72259118
No, it's good if the kid is actually saing money or going to school. There is no need to burden them more if you have enough space in your hose for them not to bother you.
>>
>>72257746
Ted?
>>
File: 1449772832119.jpg (24 KB, 306x255) Image search: [Google]
1449772832119.jpg
24 KB, 306x255
>>72255351
>where
>british
>>
bumpy
a dad being an alcoholic and having anger issues wasn't fun when i grew up
mom is fine

they're both right-wing. dad hates immigrants, mon too, but she's a bit inconsistant

i'm pretty right-wing myself. traditionalist/ nationalist
>>
File: 1461009424051.jpg (88 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1461009424051.jpg
88 KB, 800x600
>single mother
>sweetest little old lady I've ever known, even if she's a bit of a basket case, just had a horrible family and a horrible judge of character.
>there's half a dozen people, one of whom I'm related to, who'll get a brick through their car window or worse, if I ever meet them.
I heard that her second husband set up some company down in Missouri. I wonder if I could fuck up his life by telling someone important to him everything I know.
>>
Father died when I was 10.
Mom worked two 'mens' jobs to provide. I kinda raised my bros and sis, went to work at 16, joined the military at 18.

She was both mother and father, and tough as nails. Before our father died she was a hippy liberal. After he died and she had to bust ass to make ends meet, she got more and more conservative as time went on.

I rebelled, started out pretty liberal. I got conservative when I had kids. Its funny, but as soon as you have kids, and you realize what you need financially till you die, and you realize what the world will be like for them if you don't do something... its like becoming instant conservative.
>>
>>72266414
>military
Were you ever a gun grabber?
>>
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 295x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 295x240
I made pic related my profile pic on facebook. Usually my posts get at least 30 likes. This one got 5. One of which was my based mom.
>>
My parents are guardian reading labour voters that defend Muslims

They know what my politics are and I know theirs
>>
File: 1451537775282.gif (921 KB, 350x286) Image search: [Google]
1451537775282.gif
921 KB, 350x286
>>72255128
>Hey goy let us know your personal history so we can stamp out you evil Nazis better
How about no.
>>
>>72259292
Fucking Autismocrat
>>
Parents are retarded hippies and leftists. My dad is a legitimate marxist/socialist. They were neglectful while I grew up and now wonder why I don't talk to them often.
>>
File: 1454848254457.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1454848254457.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>>72267002

You ever think the makers of that episode in Arrested Development regret creating such a meme worthy image with David Cross?

Also holy shit, talk about paranoia. Feel free to leave your SSN, Phone Number, Address, Friend list and place of employment at anytime to further our efforts though. Lol jk we know you're just a NEET living at your parents house still and don't even have fake social network friends.
>>
Mom died in childbirth, dad never remarried. First live action movie I ever saw was Rambo first blood.

Never met anyone else raised by a single widower.
>>
Both white parents from small towns, mother raised in a strict Christian household and dad raised in a Christian household as well but his parents had too many kids to give a shit about so he partied, drank, smoked, etc. as a teenager. He went to Bible School to become a pastor however and so I was also raised in a Christian household (but not as strict). My dad is right leaning on economic and social issues but my mother is a leftist (she hates the Grand Theft Auto series as you can kill hookers). I ended up being a far-left socialist on economic issues and middle to right-leaning on social issues. I'm also supportive of religion in general, due to growing up with it my whole life, but I am agnostic.
>>
File: baseddad.png (40 KB, 502x447) Image search: [Google]
baseddad.png
40 KB, 502x447
>hardcore evangellical christian household (never watched disney movies/had a halloween/no other music besides shitty christian rock, that kind of shit.)
>homeschooled my until my junior year at high school
>mom got cancer when I was 8
>tfw cleaning entire house when I was a kid because dad worked full time job at the government + going to school full time
>education wasn't really the best
>parents divorced because my dad was abusive to me and my bro

My mom's okay I guess. She's fucked up on pills most of the time now. She's a neet living with her parents. Voting for hilldawg.

Dad's always been a quiet rightwinger, didn't want to vote trump until he heard that the GOP decided to "might as well pick hillary" He's voting for Trump now.

I was pretty liberal for most of my teen years. I came to /pol/ after the travon martin thing (I should say, migrated from /x/ really) Now I think I'm more moderate. Voting Trump all the fucking way. I don't know if my parents views really played any part in who I'm voting for. Honestly, I married an Alpha and he is really the one that's influenced my voting decisions. (I've known him since I was 17 also. I'm 26 now. If anyone should get credit on who educated me about the world, it'd be him.)

also pic related, it's my dad.
>>
Moms good and all, we talk a lot on the phone.
Dad died when I was 15, taught me a few things, we had a good relationship even though he was in the military and gone a lot. I wish I hadn't been such a little fag (anime, brony bullshit, like I said I was a fag) before he died, but what can I do.
Both of them instilled a lot of conservative values in me. Dad took me hunting and shit but died before he taught me any car shit or the like.
>>
>>72257746

About the same m8
>>
My mom is religious and can be ditsy, but she's the purest, happiest person I know and has an inability to get depressed while everyone else needs medicine to feel anything at all. She loves me and my sisters unconditionally and so much, and she will do anything for us.

My dad is funny, likes banter, and has become more open-minded as he gets older. He was very protective of us as kids, and that has reduced to being relatively concerned for us now. He used to play video games with us, and take us to Disney World; made life feel magical for awhile. He tried to please us so much when were at the ages we needed that most. He loves animals, and hate animal abusers more than anyone. We are all now set up to love being around people, knowing how to joke and take jokes, but being sensitive too.
>>
File: man-of-feel.jpg (25 KB, 720x636) Image search: [Google]
man-of-feel.jpg
25 KB, 720x636
>>72255128
Mom and I fought all the time. I still blow up at her but apologize soon after as she's gaining in years and I'd rather her remaining years she be happy and proud of her son.
>>
>>72255128
My father was a distant guy who spent most of his time at work or smoking. However, he taught me about computers and networking when I was a young kid in the 90s. I liked watching him hijack his friends email accounts and webpages. He also tried to teach me how to fish but I was highly phobic of water so I didn't pay much attention. I can setup a tent though. He's long dead now but my memories of him are mostly positive ones.

My mother was very close to me and protective. Hardcore religious. A lot of faith in God but not enough faith to let go of her constant worries. She took care of me whenever I hurt myself or got sick, even if I didn't want her to. She gave me a lot of freedom and as long as I was back by nightfall for dinner and didn't do drugs or anything she didn't pry into what I did with my time. Also all that other embarrassing stuff that moms do with their favorite son. She moved in with me a few years ago because she can't afford to live on her own anymore and is disabled

They didn't get along with each other very much in the end, but they tried to minimize the fighting and stayed together for the sake of the family for many years since they both didn't believe in divorce and wanted to make sure we had a real home. They loved us much more than each other, I felt.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.