[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honest Thoughts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 17
File: weed.jpg (76 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
weed.jpg
76 KB, 640x360
What are /pol/'s honest opinions on legalization?
>>
Do it for tax money. Ignore all "hurrrr durr muh weeds cure cancer" hippies. It's strictly about money.
>>
>>72234917
Banning it hasn't stopped anything. If anything, making it illegal made it "cool".
>>
I don't really care cause I wouldn't be the guy ruining myself.

But I'd ban it.
>>
File: 1286234112507.jpg (394 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
1286234112507.jpg
394 KB, 800x500
legalise it
>>
>>72234917
Use the money to give free education and healthcare
>>
I'm 100% for the legalization and regulation of all drugs.
I still won't be using any though, besides perhaps the occasional opioid or a little cocaine.
>>
>>72234917
If they do legalise it then

- The government will regulate and tax it therefore boost the economy.
- Will drive economic growth and new business
- Will drive out drug crime and dealers.
- Will allow citizens to purchase weed legally and safely
>>
>>72234917
legalized it.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
I'm high as fuck right now.

Ask me Anything. I can take it
>>
>>72234917
Every person in my family became a commie for Bernie after smoking the weed.
I am the last holdout

Don't let the commies get their way, stop them!
>>
>>72238209

How many more dicks would you suck in average if they came maple syrup?
>>
>>72238209
The earliest memory I have is me telling my mum I don't love her.
I think I was like 4 years old.
I'm also pretty sure I was molested by a doctor when I was 11 but I don't really care to find out if I was.
Anyway i'm gonna write a book and that's my opener (all true btw) , would you read it?
>>
Legalize it. Legalize all drugs too. Prohibition is a joke.
>>
>>72238313

smoke weed
still pump for god emperor trump

>le one hit maymay

your a dipshit 6mV just a colossal dipshit
>>
>>72238540
Probably, may be erotic
>>
>>72235018
>Do it for tax money. Ignore all "hurrrr durr muh weeds cure cancer" hippies. It's strictly about money.

So ignore medical studies simply because you associate medical marijuana with "dude weed lmao" memes?

>thinking in memes
>>
>>72234917
Legalize it. Prohibition is such a waste of time and money. An utter failure.
>>
>>72237884
It will also lower it's use overall (smoking) because people would stop buying from dealers as much and minors will be less likely to have access to it (similar to alcohol).
>>
>>72238632
Uh-oh. If a commie like you is voting for Trump, what could your hidden agenda be?

...the Russian alliance...

I knew something was suspicious there
>>
>>72238209
Every second that ticks by brings you closer to decline, loss and death. You will never experience anything twice, once a moment has passed it can never be recovered.

Honestly, how does this make you feel?
>>
make it Schedule III. was never a fan of it as far as recreational drugs go.
>>
>>72238209
The average-man's hair can fit 3-6 normal-sized spiders before the person notices. How do you feel about this?
>>
>>72238948
If you're a manchild, you'll turn into a nihlist.

If you're not, you will see the beauty in accepting the facts of nature.

Just saying. Edgy atheist nihlism in response to "you mean the present moment is all that matters????" is the most beta thing you can do to yourself.
>>
>>72239066
If I added:
The human back is capable of holding a plethora of insects on the shoulders and the nape of the neck.

Would that be better?
>>
File: 510NVQ64V8L.jpg (50 KB, 358x500) Image search: [Google]
510NVQ64V8L.jpg
50 KB, 358x500
>>72238407
Mapple strip is more fructose and corn starch than anything even close to maple.

I get a sugar coma from it. So I would tell them to go back to nesquick and stop poisoning children with pure cancer

>>72238540
Can it give me a lesson on the good of mankind?
>my mother was a whore, I born in a brothel. I committed treason and I must serve in the army against the hight of Napoleon's army.

Sharpe's Rifles. Look it up and see that the most grim setting is the happiest show. It teaches you honour. Bravery. Intelligence. It bridges the gap among savages and men. Then draws the line itself on what is our differences and what makes us more than savages.
It's literally English game of thrones. In the 1980s watch it for inspiration.
>>
>>72237884

This. Im for legalizing everything, and taxing it.
>>
>>72238731
Ignore them because their dubious at best. I've never read a published work on the medicinal value of THC that wasn't an unscientific load of cum. At best, they can prove that its not as damaging as tobacco, and that's been unscientifically correlated to lung cancer and god knows what since forever. Some of the slimier studies simply compared projected lung cancer deaths from tobacco, against recorded data from marijuana exposure. These people are often solipsistic lying shitbags.

Scientists fucking lie, all the time, in any way they can. Lots of scientists work jobs knowing full well the conclusion expected of their research. It doesn't matter. It's a job done for money. The idea that their academics somehow puts them above personal; gain at the expense of scientific rigor is absolutely fucking naive.
>>
>>72239333
Yessss. Less freedom, more government, Bernie 2016!
>>
>>72238948
The way I see it if you only live once then why not take advantage of the opportunity and experience as much as possible in life including drugs.
>>
If it gets taxed, I'm for it.
>>
File: tumblr_macukxEslf1rvbcm7o1_1280.png (784 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_macukxEslf1rvbcm7o1_1280.png
784 KB, 1280x721
>>72238948
Fight for what's true. Not in your mind but in your heart. Your mind is not the only thing to make choices.

Your.mind can be confused and your mind will be tricked. But your heart will tell you what is right nomatter what.

(Caution: do not do everything your heart says)
>>
>>72239255
So carpe diem is beta??
>>
>>72237496
Legalizing weed will turn people into lazy fucks with no incentive to go to school but to stay at home all day and toke up, meanwhile taking free medication to fight their psychosis

brilliant plan escobar
>>
>>72234917
I have some farmland around my hometown, I'm for legalization because it would give me a chance to build some hangar and start growing weed for medical/commercial use
>>
>>72239310
So would you read it or not?
>I avoid the cracks in the pavement the same way the neurons in my brain skip and hop across the pathways that bridge thought to emotion. Terribly. It's no wonder my mother has terrible back problems.
>>
>>72239066
>>72239293
Makes me want to shave?

I'm very stoned but I still think rationally. My thumbs are moving like -200% slower and are giving me a headache. I thinkal at the same speed but this typing is bugging me

Sorry but no more.questions. it's like my fingers are forklifts. I don't even know if this is a lot of writing.
>>
>>72239382

What is slimy about comparing marijuana and tobacco in regards to lung damage? How would you know you read a shit study if you don't trust scientists to begin with? Why did you only look at THC benefits?

The affects on epilepsy alone should be enough to be in favor of it's benefits. The alternatives are much worse than some CBD oil.

>Get a load of this goy
>>
I'd make it a fineable offense.

Legalizing it might turn USA into a weed country and that's gross.
>>
>>72239505

Responding to the facts of nature that you figured out on some soul-searching epiphany with "depression" and anxiety and angst and anger does not make you a man, it makes you afraid.
>>
>>72239838
>So, why do you smoke Marijuana instead of just taking THC pills?
>Dude, brah, like, epilepsy
>>
File: thumbsup.gif (2 MB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.gif
2 MB, 320x224
>>72239929
>Legalizing it might turn USA into a weed country and that's gross.
>>
>>72239747
Ew. No.

It's too muddled. It's like I'm listening to you monologue every useless thought and offering nothing of intelligence.

What's the point? To showcase that you are unhappy? Come back with an end first. It sounds like you are still trying to figure what it's all about in your life.

Keyword; *your* life. Stop focusing on others
>>
>>72239929
USA IS a weed country.
>>
>God creates a plant
>man thinks he knows best and bans it

i thought /pol/ would be all over legalization desu, this IS the God plant.

>best clothing fabrics
>best organic oil
>best paper
>easy to plant

i dont get it why illegal, just because it gives a small high? all other drugs are way worse in terms of effect on the body

i dont get it..
>>
File: vomit.gif (485 KB, 499x350) Image search: [Google]
vomit.gif
485 KB, 499x350
>>72239995

So you're willing to dismiss medical benefits because of a few stoners lying about medical benefits?

>I think in memes
>>
IT CURSSS CANSUR N SHIIIEEEETTTTT

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2015/06/17/tommy-chong-says-he-has-cancer-again/28864861

If the hippy shitbags ever agree that its not a miracle drug, id be all for legalizing it, but i wont perpetuate their delusions.
>>
its the devils plant that should be eradicated

our school did a presentation saying if you do 2 or more weeds you will likely end up in possession of knives

NOPE. fuck that
>>
>>72240054
> It's like I'm listening to you monologue every useless thought and offering nothing of intelligence.
That's the point
Do you even post modernism bro?
>Shocking! It wasn't though. Another stranger relfecting and refracting the same thoughts as the guy next him. God I fucking hate public transport more than cucumber and that guy Josh from Drake And Josh.
>>
>>72240351
cancer is caused by the carcinogens not the weed itself. vaping weed is harmless but the high is shit so whats the point, roll up a le dooby n #blazedatshit mane
>>
>>72238602
This. Legalize, tax, and regulate. If drugs are always going to be part of society, might as well responsibly control their distribution and make some money.
>>
>>72234917
It's just a meme. The kikes are using it to distract people from actual issues in the world.
>>
>>72239929
Your fucking president smoked weed.
>>
>>72240351
>>72240511

One of the greatest strawman in those circles is that stoners believe pot cures cancer. There's a few who do, but I personally don't know of any.

Do you take politics seriously at all? Do you vote only if the people supporting the same position as you are likable, rather than by the merits of the position? Serious question, feel free to answer.
>>
>>72238731
I'm so sick of you retards. Weed is a drug that gets you high. Make it legal and make bank off it.

>Durrrr it cures seizures

Gas yourself hippie
>>
>>72239382
>I've never read a published work on the medicinal value of THC that wasn't an unscientific load of cum. At best, they can prove that its not as damaging as tobacco, and that's been unscientifically correlated to lung cancer and god knows what since forever. Some of the slimier studies simply compared projected lung cancer deaths from tobacco, against recorded data from marijuana exposure. These people are often solipsistic lying shitbags.

Link me one of those or otherwise you're just spewing bullshit
>>
>>72234917
Let's go with 90s Trump idea:
Legalize and use the tax revenue to fund our dismal mental health programs.
>>
>>72239941
So emotions aren't manly? Man is robot, I get it. You are fucking turdbot autist, get used to being hated.
>>
>>72240662
Not to mention our constitution is written on it.
>>
>>72240820

There's both recreational and medical uses. I've never seen someone try so hard to deny the medical uses though.

There's plenty of people who travel just to get medication for their family: http://www.wired.com/2015/07/medical-marijuana-epilepsy/

>B-but a stoner told me it cured his seizures
>He's wrong and thus everyone else with that claim is wrong

>>72240912

Pretty sure nihlism is a little different than just being an emotional cunt. You can't live your life by nihlism.
>>
I guess that i would make it legal, same rules of cigs, but only above 21 , arrest anyone under 21 using it
>>
Israel has the world most advanced medical program, I think they want to get a headstart on patenting.
https://vimeo.com/74898012
>>
>>72241265

>same rules of cigs, but only above 21

For brain development reasons?
>>
not my bag baby. but I guess whatever.
>>
>>72234917
Same restrictions as alcohol but actually enforcing them :) Also people with mental health problems should probably not get in on the fun but if its not preventable at least educate them so you dont have neets and social phobic people picking a sativa and get worse instead of a releaxing indica.
>>
>>72241402
Yes, and to avoid weed culture in minors
>>
>>72241017
Yeah. And didn't good old Abe Lincoln actually grow it? Or is that a stoner fairy tale?
>>
>>72234917
I don't like the culture that comes with it.
>>
Legalize it so I can burn it like the Jews.
>>
File: image_10.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
image_10.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>>72241154
>There's plenty of people who travel just to get medication for their family
>there's plenty of people who travel to get dank ass drugs legally so they can get high
>posts article from commie dude weed lmao Wired
>>
>>72236797
exactly this, in Colorado less teens are smoking in general because it's not edgy enough anymore.
>>
>>72241491

How do you consider anyone above 21 to be a "minor" when your country allows 14 year olds to marry?

But the reason we seem to use the age 21 is because of alcohol. It's arbitrary and we don't have a solid reason for it beyond that. I'd argue that 18 would be the sound limit for anything, but others would disagree.

>>72241627

You don't like stories, bud?

http://time.com/3264691/medical-marijauna-epilepsy-research-charlottes-web-study/

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/12/151223221532.htm

> Cannabidiol (CBD), a medical marijuana derivative, was effective in reducing seizure frequency and well-tolerated and safe for most children and young adults enrolled in a year-long study, researchers report. These latest findings provide the first estimates of safety, tolerability and efficacy of prescription CBD in children and adults with severe, highly treatment-resistant epilepsy.

Note that it isn't effective against all types of seizures.

There are people who travel for marijuana for both reasons, what makes the medical reason less valid? A few giggling stoners lying to you? Man up, even just a little bit.

>>72241933

Source on this? The stoner habits of teenagers is a bit out of the way for me, I have no idea. I know young adults are buying pot by the skullfull over there though.
>>
>>72238209
Do you smoke it or eat it?
the culture disgusts me so i just eat a 10mg Thc Cbd mint a day to keep the anxiety away instead of smoking , smelling like pot and wearing the red eyes.
>>
>>72240503
Sounds like some 16 year old is trying to copy everything from chuck pallinouk. And fight club
>>
File: 1439243295780.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1439243295780.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>>72234917
marilize legalihuana
420 blaze it faggot
kush war now
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 135x93) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 135x93
>>72242098
we have a very strong legal arguement to keep alcohol 21. MADD complained about youth DUI and they arranged the state to withhold road money to state that did not align it is catch22 bullcrap but that is the state of things. Everything should be normalized to age or another.
>>
>>72237884
Also creates a bunch of jobs. As long as the system is done like Washington and not Colorado. From producers, to processors, to retailers.
>>
>>72234917
I stopped caring about legal weed when I realized I have cash and can buy illegal weed and the law means absolutely nothing to me because cops and government are nothing but leeching moronic faggots.

Also, weed is a baby drug. Do some coke rails or smoke some a-php, then come talk to me bout drugs.
>>
>>72242098
>it helps seizures!!

How many people do you know that have ever even had a seizure? Few. Medical marijuana is a meme and dumb one. It should be legal for recreational uses only. By the way how was burning man last year?
>>
File: 1434558998407.png (53 KB, 800x525) Image search: [Google]
1434558998407.png
53 KB, 800x525
>>72243377
at the very least it means fewer people get aspirins and advils and that is marketshare that can disappear overnight but you greatly understate its merit
>>
>Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is responsible for its euphoric effects, CBD does not cause a “high” or pose the same type of risks that researchers have identified for THC, such as addiction and cognitive impairment. Rather, studies have shown that it can act as an anticonvulsant and may even have antipsychotic effects.

>It is now clear that CBD has therapeutic potential over a wide range of non-psychiatric and psychiatric disorders such as anxiety, depression and psychosis.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3481531/

And I'm sure if it's an article it's false, so here are some very "fake" articles you can selectively dismiss, I just thought they were good enough for those who aren't under 15.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/07/health/charlotte-child-medical-marijuana/

http://www.sltrib.com/news/3791897-155/utah-studies-show-cannabis-extract-provides
>>
>>72240820
There are a handful of kids out there with enough daily seizures that they probably should have been humanely put down who are far more functional with CBD tincture doses than on any prescription meds. It's not common, but it's enough to make me give the medical crowd a second look.
That said, legalize and tax, absolutely, that's free money the government just lets the black market have while we waste more trying to shut it down. Legalizing also allows for research into what, if any, beneficial compounds can be extracted from the plant for the pharmaceutical industry.
>>
Anyone dumb enough to support the continued war on drugs should just get the fuck out of pol.

You guys claim to be so redpilled, yet many of you refuse to see the OBVIOUS course of action when it comes to substances, and that is to legalize them all, that way, there will be less use, less stigmatization so that people can get help if they feel that their substance use is unhealthy and there will be WAY fever deaths caused by drugs.

All of this is practically proven by Portugal, Svitzeland and various states of America. We've yet to see a full legalization put in on all drugs, and my bet is that it would be the best decission to ever make.

t.
>>
>>72243965
MOST of the illegal substances are atleast 50 times healthier and better in any way than alcohol anyway.
>>
>>72243567
So then people can buy it OTC at a dude weed shop for whatever medical reason he wants. All I'm saying is people who praise it as this magical substance that cures everything are stupid hippies that should be gassed. Its only legit value is getting people high and creating mad tax money.
>>
It's morally irresponsible as a society to let people purposely destroy their own brain and sanity.

I'm only ok for medical uses.
>>
>>72244099
Having prohibition causes heavier drug use, users eventually turn to heavier drugs, broader number of addiction and deaths.

Alcohol is also the exact definition of what you typed anyway.
>>
>>72243965
we need a wall to keep brick weed and foreign drugs out, there is no point in legal drugs if you still let the criminals sell
>>
File: Snape_is_Revolted.png (191 KB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
Snape_is_Revolted.png
191 KB, 500x208
>>72244099
>destroys brain and sanity
>has medicinal uses
>>
>>72244065
>All I'm saying is people who praise it as this magical substance that cures everything are stupid hippies
Yeah, no shit
>Its only legit value is getting people high and creating mad tax money
Let drug companies pick the plant apart and determine that. Getting high and collecting taxes are fine enough, but to completely write off the plant before it's had a chance to be fully explored as more than 'lets get high' substance is premature and unnecessary.
>>
>>72244065
yes there is absolutely that duplicity there but that is the default. demystifying will do that for us. Returning to apothecaries would be great.
>>
>>72244311
What exactly do you mean by this? How on earth would criminals sell drugs if any type of drug could be sold in special stores. (Given that the taxes on those drugs wouldn't be TOO high of course, but I'd still pay a big price for a safe and clean product than risk my life buying something potentially unclean and extra dangerous.)
>>
>>72244374
>Let drug companies pick the plant apart and determine that.

If it's under their own expense I'm fine with them blowing their money on futile hippie dreams.
>>
>>72241933
Yeah so now molly becomes the new edgy drug for them. Good job.

Now instead of staying out of trouble they are going to be chimping out on stimulants if not turning to codeine and heroin.
>>
>>72234917

America is stupid for not taxing and regulating our largest cash crop. It's bigger than corn and goes untaxed.

ib4 hurr durr brain damage and losers/Mexicans. Regulate the product and penalize people for behaviors, not consumption patterns. Can you even capitalism?
>>
>>72244646
if illegal drugs are still cheaper and there supply in not interrupted you will still have turnover there. yes in part over regulation does contribute but it will take more than the free market to defang the cartels who we are really in competition with.
>>
File: legalize.jpg (117 KB, 500x589) Image search: [Google]
legalize.jpg
117 KB, 500x589
>>72234917
pic related.
>>
>>72234917
pro
>>
>>72244695
>If it's under their own expense
I wouldn't spend taxpayer money on it either, but why are you writing off an entire branch of untapped research on account of a stigma? If you don't think the free market can find more use for the myriad of chemicals in the plant than just lighting it on fire, then I don't know what to tell you m8. We both agree to legalize, collect tax and not restricting private research, we just have different views on potential outcomes I guess.
>>
As a non-pothead, I can't see any reason why it shouldn't be legalized. Protecting people can't be the reason for it's prohibition, because a) most governments don't give a shit about people and b) cigarettes and alcohol is dangerous as fuck in the long run. It's rather true that there won't be a big industry, as - unlike regular tobacco - everyone can grow it.
>>
>>72245091
>We both agree to legalize, collect tax and not restricting private research, we just have different views on potential outcomes I guess.

Agreed. I have little faith in herbal remedies and medicinal uses for marijuana besides the Jew dishing it out to the goyim like snake oil. Definitely needs to be legalized though.
>>
>>72234917
The whole legalize weed thing is an American thing, you should ask yourself first: WHY?
After you know why, you can ask if/why legalize.
>>
>>72244917
yeah but no one is going to be buying shitty mexican weed and it will cost half of what they are selling it for after legalization.
>>
>>72234917
I am all for anything that weakens the grip of government
>>
>>72234917
Legalize nation wide so all the faggots stop moving here

t. Colorado
>>
>>72245445
I think permitting its horticulture would better contribute and let it remain more decentralized as wine is.
>>
>>72234917
all drugs should be legalized

don't worry, the satanists at CIA will still have enough funding from the kid trafficking and the prison industrial complex will get "domestic terrorists" to replace the kids with dried plants in their pocket
>>
>>72239402
>Leglize something
>Less freedom
>>
>>72245391
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3105917/
Here's a 2011 article on medicine being derived from a snail-toxin, don't write off the herbal jew just because hippies have been setting it on fire for a few decades to catch a buzz, medicine often starts out in places you wouldn't think.
>>
File: medcannabis.jpg (27 KB, 398x380) Image search: [Google]
medcannabis.jpg
27 KB, 398x380
>>72245990
All cannabis is medicinal.
>>
>>72239548
Anyone who wants to buy weed already does it. Legalisation will only regulate it better and it will be safer for consumers
>>
>>72234917
I seriously could not care less about this any more. I used be a strong proponent, but everyone who pushes legalization now just annoys the shit out of me so much that I almost want it to be further criminalized in order to piss them off.
>>
File: gee billy.jpg (4 KB, 149x160) Image search: [Google]
gee billy.jpg
4 KB, 149x160
>>72246121
doesn't seem to help me with any problem besides being not high, tbf
those couple seizure-kids seem to be much better off with their CBD tinctures though, that's promising stuff.
>>
>>72234917
Legalize all drugs. People that use drug will use it anyway. At least this way, much less drug related Violence, and less ods.

Use the tax money for drug education and rehab.
>>
Legalize it.
Regulate it
Sin tax it
Provide treatment programs for it

Also fucking reform industrial hemp regulations for fuck sake. Some of the laws relating to it are pants on the head retarded.
>>
>>72246416

http://kurplemagazine.com/2-1-p20-the-science-of-cannabis-kathleen-odea/

Here's something for gee_billy to read and learn from.
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.