[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man? Machine? Something more?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: core logo.jpg (311 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
core logo.jpg
311 KB, 750x750
If we had the technology to transfer consciousness into a mechanical body, would you?

Would you become a machine, an enhanced human, or stay pure?
>>
Why the fuck not ?
>>
Fuck pure i want to walk again.

Would you still be racist if you were a machine?
>>
>>72219474
I'd make clones of myself and probably exterminate my competitors while consuming the universe with my von Neumann probes.

Peace was never an option.
>>
>>72219474
enhanced human for me
I studied biomedical and I learn too much about human biology to say "yeah it's perfect like this'.
I am not interested to become a robot
>>
File: 1459813820621.jpg (78 KB, 550x800) Image search: [Google]
1459813820621.jpg
78 KB, 550x800
I, personally, would go for transference. I feel like it would be safer and easier to have a body that can be repaired or have parts replaced. I think we'd also be able to make it look however we'd want. The human body, while impressive, is incredibly flawed and constantly dying. Not to mention frail and susceptible to heavy trauma.
>>
File: The Bringer of Death.jpg (4 KB, 96x96) Image search: [Google]
The Bringer of Death.jpg
4 KB, 96x96
Yes, if I got to become a pic related.
>>
>>72219474
... what will begin as a conflict over the transfer of consciousness from flesh to machine, will escalate in a war that would decimate a million worlds...
>>
>>72219474
This is a discussion which is going to become very, very important in the coming years. We don't even realize it.

We're like a man tied to the railroad tracks seeing a train turning the corner. We can see the train coming, and we know it's going to hit us. But we cannot move, and on the bright side we won't even know when it hits us.
>>
>>72219474

Enhanced human probably, there are some perks to having a flesh body such as pleasure and pain but becoming a machine seems interesting too
>>
>>72221535
As a machine, you could iniate a program to make you feel total ecstasy whenever you wanted to.
>>
File: 24770430_p0.png (1022 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
24770430_p0.png
1022 KB, 1000x1200
unbridled robo pr0n when?
>>
>>72219474
uploading nonsense is merely a conspiracy for the AI overlords to get your memories, bank accounts, and rights using what is basically just an appendage of the main AI, no transfer of consciousness exists, just a Turing doppelganger

great idea guys, lets make computer duplicates of ourselves and euthanize the original, that'll turn out well
>>
>>72221157
But the Brawler was an ARM aircraft. (It did absolutely rock though)
>>
>>72219474
Enhanced human all the way bruh
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
>>72219627
Arm filth German OP gets it.
>>
>>72219474
TOTAL ANNIHILATION

FUCK

YEAH

BEST GAME EVER
>>
>>72219474

I would stay pure. The transhumanist agenda is NOT about making us 'super-human' (that's just the sales pitch), it's about making us SUB-HUMAN. The Demiurge is planning the creation of a technological sub-reality that envelopes all of the universe like some kind of a digital net and keeps our minds trapped in this technological sub-reality - this is what the transhumanist agenda is REALLY about. This technological sub-reality would be a second illusory layer over the first illusory layer (what you can call the 'Matrix', if you want) which covers the original illusory universe. The Demiurge wants us to be three layers deep in an illusory universe.

>>72221797

I completely agree with you.
>>
File: 1339349290745.jpg (199 KB, 720x514) Image search: [Google]
1339349290745.jpg
199 KB, 720x514
>>72223256
>I would stay pure. The transhumanist agenda is NOT about making us 'super-human' (that's just the sales pitch), it's about making us SUB-HUMAN. The Demiurge is planning the creation of a technological sub-reality that envelopes all of the universe like some kind of a digital net and keeps our minds trapped in this technological sub-reality - this is what the transhumanist agenda is REALLY about. This technological sub-reality would be a second illusory layer over the first illusory layer (what you can call the 'Matrix', if you want) which covers the original illusory universe. The Demiurge wants us to be three layers deep in an illusory universe.
>>
Would destroy everybody after my digital apotheosis
>>
>>72219619

What grounded you, brave Spanish eagle?

>>72223256

This is all hypothesis and anecdotal. I'll reserve judgement for when we actually reach a stage that this discussion becomes relevant. For now, it's science fiction.
>>
Depends. Do I have unlimited access to the internet?
>>
>>72219474
you already think like a machine, why do you want to become one fucking autism
>>
>>72219474
>If we had the technology to transfer consciousness into a mechanical body, would you?

No.
I wouldn't take a trip on a teleporter either.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.