[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the big deal with Sarkeesian?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 100
File: anita sarkeesian.jpg (86 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
anita sarkeesian.jpg
86 KB, 620x388
I don't get it. I have a lot of problems with feminism in general, and SJW's in general. I've long heard a lot of hate for Sarkeesian and never really knew who she was, so I decided to watch her Tropes vs women in video games on Youtube. I haven't watched all episodes of it, I don't have time for that, I just watched a couple of them.

Why is there so much hate for this woman? It's like people are comparing her to Big Red or other famous feminist morons. All Sarkeesian says in her Youtube video is "hey, it's kind of dumb that the women in the video games are always kidnapped or frozen or whatever and just lie there waiting for the man to rescue them. I liked playing Mario too, and it's fine to enjoy it, but when we're making new video games let's maybe not just make the female characters useless shits that get kidnapped all the time, cool?"

I mean, what is the problem with that? I think what she's saying is reasonable. What did she say that warrants the hate-fest on her?

There are so many internet feminists who deserve ridicule, like Laurie Penny or Chanty Binks (Big red). Sarkeesian seems fine. What am I missing?
>>
>>72204554
You missed the year long scam where she didn't produce anything and then finally stole other people's content.
>>
>>72204554
Because she calls out the autistic vidya gaem virgin neets.
>>
>>72204554
Video games is just the tip of the iceberg with that cunt. If you're not careful, she'll be down at the UN demanding they have your tongue cut out if you share your own opinions.
>>
>>72204554
Professional victim, litterally earning money by crying wolf. She is the exact opposite of what feminism should be about. Hypocrite scum
>>
>>72204629
Yeah I heard that she took money from Kickstarter and didn't produce, but that's a separate issue. If someone takes your money and doesn't give you a product, they are a fraud, not a feminazi. And let's face it, that's not why she started getting hate
>>
>>72204554

Because she's such an ignorant kike that she doesn't realize that Peach was a playable character in Super Mario Bros 2 all the way back in 1988.

She's an ignorant fucking kike that took thousands of dollars to make a movie, filled it with videos she stole from youtube Let's Plays, and uses her complete ignorance about videogames as a platform for her own political bullshit.
>>
>>72204781
Yeah, I mean it's troubling. I have serious philosophical issues with modern feminism, as do many people, but when thousands of men scream and cry about this woman it does kind of make us all look like retarded man-children. You've got to pick your battles. Acting like an autist about legitimate feminist arguments just makes feminism look more credible.
>>
She has admitted on camera that she does not play video games. She is a scam artist who makes a living off of being a victim and earning sympathy bucks. She also did not complete her kickstarter.

Listen and believe.
>>
>>72205047
See? This is why I watched her video. She discusses Peach in Mario 2. Yep, she actually talks about that game. This is why I watched the fucking video myself and why I take peoples' opinions with a grain of salt before I see the source material myself. You clearly haven't even watched her videos so your opinion on her is not informed.
>>
>>72204554
Sarkeesian is a hero. She and her boyfriend don't really believe the crap they spout, they only use it to fleece SJWs of their money. She's alright in my book.
>>
>>72205067
I don't know, she has pictures of her as a little girl playing the NES.
>>
>>72205122

Her video that she made well after scamming people out of a shitload of money. You act as if this retroactively absolves her of the ignorant shit she has parroted for years. It doesn't.
>>
>>72204554

>Gets 160k in corwdfunding to make several feminist videos

>Delivers 18% of content before shutting down the project

>disabled comments and ratings

>silenced every voice of critique

>because her organization is non-profit she needs to release tax info

>in 2014 she got 450k, 400k from donations, while her "non-profit" organization spent 60k

>demands up to 12k for a speaking gig

>cries wolf at every corner

>to this day did not deliver her primary kickstarter product

>wants another 50k in crowdfunding, gets 250k

>feels, that internet is too mean, so drops tropes vs women, and is going to do animated shorts instead

>in 2016 gets sued, and loses sexual discrimination trial, because in her mind 100% female company is somehow equal

It's con-artist extraordinare, she already mined herself into obscurence. She will gather how much money her retarded viewers will throw at her, and then elope to panama.
>>
One more quote (Personal favorite)

"Everything is racist, everything is sexist and you need to point it all out." - Anita
>>
File: unnamed.gif (3 MB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
3 MB, 384x384
>>72205135
Kiwibro is correct. She was exposed for being a fraud and only got more support from the sheep.

She made ~130k for making like 3 videos on youtube. Not to mention secret police on Twitter and Google + her speaking fees

Mastermind manipulation.
>>
>>72204953

There is also the thing that now she is somehow considered expert in these matters.

She was fucking speaking in UN about harrasment (with no one other than Zoe)

She is in inner circle of Twitter

She is in the google "think tank" to prevent virtual harrasment

The thing that she is a hack, incompetent, and a con artist did not stop her from gaining a lot of political power somehow.
>>
>>72205226
what ignorant shit she parroted for years? The only time I heard of Sarkeesian was when people on 4chan included her in a list of retarded feminazis. I never saw her in anything. I decided to watch the video she made. What are you referring to?
>>
Autism.
>>
>>72205264
Well by having an all female company she only has to pay them 77% of what a man makes.

I mean shit just look at her, the nose fucking knows man.
>>
Shes a testimony how how much bullshit women can get away with these days no matter how much they lie and cheat
>>
File: 158[1].png (11 KB, 447x378) Image search: [Google]
158[1].png
11 KB, 447x378
>>72205590
>she only has to pay them 77% of what a man makes.
>>
>>72205558
I'd rather have the whole gaming industry die out than have it be taken over by the Jews.
>>
>>72205512

>VIDEOGAMES ARE SEXIST BECAUSE THEY APPEAL TO THEIR TARGET DEMOGRAPHIC OF YOUNG MEN

If I have to explain to you why saying this is ignorant then you are too retarded to bother communicating with any further.
>>
>>72204554
her business model is literally
>piss off vidya nerds with purposefully malformed opinions
>cry misogyny
>???
>profit

Feminism seems to be nothing but a tool to make money/fame
>>
>>72205264
I'm trying to find this stuff you're talking about, but Googling it isn't helping

Do you have a link about the sexual discrimination trial? Or financials?
>>
>>72205455
She is not incompetent, she is a great manipulator which let her aquire money and power that way from the leftist and big organizations.
>>
>>72205264
this dude pretty much hit a lot the facts accurate.

>>72204554
I'd agree with you if she was just a simple vlogger or youtube philosopher. But she's not. She's a main player of the video game industry now and what she calls for is censorship and political correctness in pieces of art.
She doesn't want people to just create things and then a market to consume those things. She wants them within the confines of her ideology and values. This is typically called having an agenda. So now she gets paid tons of money to force her philosophical and ideological values unto others.

Believe me, I wouldn't give a shit if she were just some college grad vlogger asking for change. She's not though. She's a scam artist with a massive censorship agenda.
>>
>>72205763
It's like that one bitch that made vidya, and in steam decription asked people if they think she is a despicable human, just to get controversy.

Of course steam delivered and everyone called her wonderfull
>>
>>72205757

>make something appealing to young men
>okay, it is absolutely necessary to include a woman that needs to be saved, because men won't play a game that doesn't have this element
>and men won't play a game where the protagonist is a woman

>what is Tomb Raider
>>
>>72204554
>I mean, what is the problem with that?
The problem is that this is not what games are about, and focusing on this only further degenerates the current level of video game criticism.
Princess Peach is less than 1% of SMB's content. She has nothing to do with the gameplay mechanics. If you pretend to be a serious critic and you focus 99% of your ciricism on an insignificant 1% of the game, you don't really understand videogames and shouldn't be doing videogame criticism.
It's basically the old social studies method of replicating a poplar method and using it on a medium it doesn't apply for. Imagine a literature critic who gets to review Citizen Kane, but because literature is all he knows, all he focuses on in his review is the opening credits, because that's the part of the movie that looks most like a novel.
This basically encapsulates all of the current feminist criticism of videogames. These people don't understant what videogames are about, and they don't understand that the methods they learned in critical film studies or whatever don't apply to them: any criticism of videogames, feminist or otherwise, which doesn't focus on the gameplay mechanics, is misguided and worthless.
>>
>>72204554
twitch whores, zoey quinn, brianna wu, sarkeesian

all of it could have just gone away

but white knight nu-male faggots ate that shit up

all of these women are cunts, but they are praised for everything. they can do whatever they want and have 500,000 people cheering them on for it

i don't particularly care what feminists or SJWs do. what i do hate are the little white knight fags that elevate them to these high places in society

if it weren't for them, all of these cunts would be slightly active nobodies on tumblr at best - and that's where they belong
>>
File: image.jpg (235 KB, 1280x1109) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
235 KB, 1280x1109
pic related: the thread
>>
>>72204554

Her 15 minutes of fame were over a long time ago. She's not even relevant as trolling material any more.
>>
>Doesn't know shit about or partake in the medium she criticizes.
>Wants to censor everything she finds "problematic" aka, anything straight, white men might like.
>Is a sockpuppet for a rich, white male beta who uses her for his own gains.
>Has lied and falseflagged about being harassed or stalked.
>Tried to get the UN to censor social media because people were "being mean to her."
>Made tons of money by playing victim
>Is a hero to nu males and tumblrinas everywhere
>Has become the de facto face for neo-feminism.

Need I go on?
>>
>>72205913
>>what is Tomb Raider

Meanwhile Tomb Raider is criticized as incredibly sexist due to its sexualized protagonist. Try again, Leaf.
>>
>>72204554
>Sarkeesian detected
>>
>>72205995
Beta cucks just funded another 200.000 Dollar Project of hers
>>
>>72205172
Wow! Some pic's on a kid that play video games. How fucking rare of her! The problem people have is she flat out lies about video games she review just to fit her victim agenda. When she needs money she make's the comment section open so she can use the angry and hateful comments to gain sympathy. That's the big issue people have with her. She lies about peoples vidiya. Can't call the bitch dumb for using both the haters and her supporters to make money. The best people can do is ignore her or debate her to expose her lies but people only bitch and whine about her. /b/ is at fault for giving her so much attention.
>>
>>72206072
It's also been championed by feminists because she may or may not be a lesbian and because she kills men.
>>
>>72205956
>>72205873

How is she pushing a censorship agenda? You're acting like the only possible legitimate stories involve women being helpless fucks who need saving. People create stories, they create the stories behind books, movies, and video games. Those stories can be changed. They are a reflection of our culture. Stories are not static, nor are tropes and genres. This is how culture and art evolves and changes.
>>
File: anitamonsters.png (37 KB, 640x378) Image search: [Google]
anitamonsters.png
37 KB, 640x378
>>
File: anita sarkeesian arcade.jpg (492 KB, 1251x2025) Image search: [Google]
anita sarkeesian arcade.jpg
492 KB, 1251x2025
>"Video games are sexist!"
>has to look to games from the 1980s for examples
>her modern examples are open games where she just dicks around with the game mechanics to create "problematic" scenarios, as if the devs should be ashamed for not chaperoning the player, and then claims that the game pushes the player to do these things
>whines about a bunch of other miscellaneous tropes that are not necessarily bad and aren't even specific towards gaming
>>
>>72206072
>what are the reboots
>>
>>72204953
>And let's face it, that's not why she started getting hate
>I've long heard a lot of hate for Sarkeesian and never really knew who she was,
>I've long heard a lot of hate for Sarkeesian and never really knew who she was,

so you know the reason why she got hated on yet dont really know who she was

lol go away concern troll
>>
Everything she does is wrong, because the fundamental methodology she is using to criticize anything are wrong, i.e feminism.
>>
>>72205172
>I don't know, she has pictures of her as a little girl playing the NES.

Wow and we have a video of her college days where she admits she doesnt care for video games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afgtd8ZsXzI
>>
File: anitadoom.png (243 KB, 1023x312) Image search: [Google]
anitadoom.png
243 KB, 1023x312
>>
>>72206157
>stories
This is where you fucked up. Any criticism of SMB which focuses on its story is automatically worthless.
>>
>>72204554
She's a con woman. Ran a kickscammer campaign to make a series about women in videogames, and has only made about five or six videos to date. Most of the time in those videos, she's either grasping at straws or mincing words that she doesn't fully understand.

She's moving on to equality in cosplay now, or some shit like that. Good fucking luck is all I gotta say, cosplaying bitches are mean.
>>
>>72205745
Isn't she Armenian? In any case it's not like she decides what people buy, and no studio is gonna not make a game because someone might vlog mean shit about it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (177 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
177 KB, 1920x1080
>>72206184

This gave me a boner.

Your move, Britain.
>>
gamefags got mad at something
>>
>>72205824
exhaust yourself, its all public info, even forbes did an article about her 2014 budget.

I'm in work with shitty net and cannot do your datamine
>>
>>72206072
Did I say I agree with everything she says? No. I do agree with her that the Princess Peach character is fucking retarded. I have no problem with a Tomb Raider with big tits, so Sarkeesian and I would disagree about that.

Then again, I'm not sure Sarkeesian would have a problem with it, what she is saying is to be aware of it. As an adult I can play a video game where the main character looks like a Playboy model. I can acknolwedge it and play anyway, as long as I'm aware of what's going on. An 8 year old might not have that awareness.
>>
>>72206157
It's censorship in that she essentially thinks games should be changed to what SHE wants, when she doesn't even play games or buy them.

Games should be made for the people who buy the majority of them and guess what? It's males and it's not because there's an effort to keep women out. If anything, that's part of the problem.

Men went to video games to get away from the world and enjoy something on their own time, yet women, as always, want to ruin it because it takes away the attention from them.
>>
File: anitaico.jpg (141 KB, 517x721) Image search: [Google]
anitaico.jpg
141 KB, 517x721
>>
>>72204554
>I'm not the target demographic for most video games!
>video game devs must make me their target demographic

0% knowledge of economics
>>
>>72206176
>that nose
She's supposed to be Armenian, not a goddamned kike.
>>
File: 458356356939.jpg (190 KB, 456x469) Image search: [Google]
458356356939.jpg
190 KB, 456x469
>>72206171
The funny thing is that they tried to shut down Gamergate, and when they thought they'd won Donald Trump announced he's running for president. The reason Gamergate has fallen into the shadows is because the culture war has gotten so much bigger than video games. The crybully "safe spaces" in the universities are being broken up which is why they are all screaming like insolent children. Now instead of us debating whether or not feminism has a place in video games, we are debating whether or not it even has a place in society.
>>
>>72206235
SJW are the religious right from the 90's.
>>
Also, why do you give a shit if she scammed people? If you didn't contribute it's no skin off your ass.
>>
File: fallout-genderswap.jpg (165 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
fallout-genderswap.jpg
165 KB, 1600x900
>>72206157
Look up her appearance at the UN - why she went, what she said, what was published

goodnight :)
>>
>>72204554
>are always

And therein lies the problem
>>
File: anitasexism.png (65 KB, 630x352) Image search: [Google]
anitasexism.png
65 KB, 630x352
"Games have been an influential part of my life since I was about 8 years old. My dad would always have a few machines loaded with games for me. When I was about 10, I remember I campaigned for months to convince my parents that the Game Boy was not in fact just for boys. I’ve always been enthusiastic about games." - Anita Sarkeesian, 2013

"I'm not a fan of video games, I had to actually learn a lot about videogames in the process of making this. I would love to play video games, but I don't want to go around shooting people and ripping off their heads, it's just gross." - Anita Sarkeesian, 2010
>>
>>72206245
Best one is the batmans ass video where she bitches and moans that the game was designed to show off the females ass but not batmans.

The whole video was crushed when you went in the menu and changed batmans armor to the one without cape (that is programmed to cover his butt by her logic) YET cucks still defend her

Of course in order to know that she would have had to play the game
>>
>>72206378
>Why do you care if people who claim the moral high ground act immoral

Oh, I don't know. How about hypocrisy?
>>
File: 1458276219233.jpg (121 KB, 570x511) Image search: [Google]
1458276219233.jpg
121 KB, 570x511
>>72206272
Slippery slope. Dice has already had her at their conferences and then you have shit like this on top of it.

>Indie shit.

Indie is pretty big right now.
>>
File: [shitting me].jpg (117 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
[shitting me].jpg
117 KB, 625x625
>>72206307

>I do agree with her that the Princess Peach character is fucking retarded.

So a fat midget plumber stomping on turtlemen, eating mushrooms that make him grow to twice his own size, throwing fireballs using a flower, and becoming invincible from touching a star makes sense...but a Princess in a pink dress that gets kidnapped by a giant turtle monster is going too far?
>>
>>72204554
She's just someone who capitalized on gamergate. Made alot of money and is slowly fading into obscurity.
>>
>>72206274
Oh well looks like you got me. If a woman can be killed in a game it's obviously muh soggy knee.
>>
File: anitamadmax.png (80 KB, 527x583) Image search: [Google]
anitamadmax.png
80 KB, 527x583
violence is bad
>>
File: anitagamer.jpg (73 KB, 577x1024) Image search: [Google]
anitagamer.jpg
73 KB, 577x1024
>>
>>72205512
If she doesnt like mature rated games as a standard for their content then she cant be expected to give an honest review of the game, consequently every M game she's bashed.

You call her out with facts and source material and suddenly your bullying her for having an opinion which isnt fair to have...

Victim-complex.

Zoe too, nobody cared she sucked 5 dicks but when she's doing it to get herself good press, favours, reviews then theres an issue. She even went out of her way to attack a group of female developers who were doing a charitable project.

Yet people will defend them because tits, and they know it.
>>
>>72206184
The sad part is that reboot Lara is sexualised as well. Just in way more creepy way. Old one was strong and capable, she was entirely willing and able to do everything on her own. New Lara is a lost puppy that can't do shit without whimpering.
>>
>>72206330
>ladder climbing donkey

Please, tell me he isn't referencing Donkey Kong.
>>
>>72206447
>know girl on facebook(that I know doesn't play games if she ever did) that went to PAX
>is posting about the psychology of games and how important shit like Depression Quest is

She was an ex of my friend so I used this opportunity to drop her from my list. I liked keeping her around to get angry but this was too much.
>>
File: american feels.jpg (2 MB, 3112x2338) Image search: [Google]
american feels.jpg
2 MB, 3112x2338
>>72204554
whats the big deal with a lot of canadians shitposting recently? dont bite folks
>>
>>72206427
Hypocricy? Was she running an anti "raising a bunch of money on kickstarter and not spending it the way people hate me would like" campaign?
>>
>>72206455
every fucking game except Mario 2 (which wasn't actually a Mario game) has peach get kidnapped as Mario's plot motivation for the game.

It's just dumb and boring.
>>
File: 1460282807893.png (114 KB, 500x387) Image search: [Google]
1460282807893.png
114 KB, 500x387
>>72204554
>Get one of her videos recommended to me by Youtube
>Have nothing else to do so I decide to check it up
>It's about how male and female characters SIT in some space shooter
>"Waaah men sit in agressive poses while women does it delicately and feminine what the fuck patriarchy stop oppressing me"
>mfw
>Get bored of this after three minutes
>close the tab
People like her are genuinely mentally ill and honestly even worse than antisocial anime nerds.
Thank God this shit didn't spread to Russia yet.
>>
File: anitashootings.jpg (40 KB, 564x392) Image search: [Google]
anitashootings.jpg
40 KB, 564x392
>>72206635
>It's just dumb and boring.

No, it's sexist and harmful to real-life women because gamers and patriarchal misogynist culture oppresses women with these ideas.

That's her argument.
>>
File: 1431528360894.png (207 KB, 650x960) Image search: [Google]
1431528360894.png
207 KB, 650x960
>>72206603
You can;'t take the moral high ground, and yet lie, cheat, and scam people on your way to success.

Anyway, McIntosh is the one calling the shots, anyway. She's just a mouthpiece.
>>
>>72205871
That is true, as a manipulator she makes machiavellis jaw drop in awe

On the other had she is just a meat puppet that cannot speak without a script, so I guess mcintosh is the real puppet master
>>
>>72204554
>All Sarkeesian says in her Youtube video is "hey, it's kind of dumb that the women in the video games are always kidnapped or frozen or whatever and just lie there waiting for the man to rescue them.
And that's just not true. While those games exist, the opposite also exist, and cherrypicked examples don't help with anything.
>>
>>72206635
>a
>fucking
>leaf
>is trashing one of the most classic stories in all of art
>>
File: anitawitcher3.jpg (336 KB, 590x808) Image search: [Google]
anitawitcher3.jpg
336 KB, 590x808
Witcher is evil and sexist
>>
>>72206635
That's just how things are in the Mushroom Kingdom. Conditions are harsh, kidnapping is rampant. It's pretty much Columbia. Those games are dark slice of life shit, like an episode of Frontline.
>>
File: Superpeach.jpg (705 KB, 1000x895) Image search: [Google]
Superpeach.jpg
705 KB, 1000x895
>>72206635

What was that? I can't hear you over the sound of this game that came out ten years ago.
>>
>>72206700
>women do it
*shameful fix
>>
But, guys, let's be real honest for a second here

if people would have just watched one or two of her Tropes vs women and shrugged and said "w/e, who cares, im gonna play some vidya now" no one would know who she is.

I believe her claims that thousands of angry manchildren sent her death threats... like, have you been on the internet?

I don't know... seems like a battle not worth fighting.

Feminism is causing REAL problems in society - like universities conducting kangaroo court sexual harassment trials. That's really fucked up and ruining the lives of many men. I don't see how Sarkeesian was worth making such a big deal about.
>>
>>72204554
Most gamers hadn't been exposed to serious feminism until her. It was simply the right place at the right time for it to explode.
>>
>>72204554
She takes demonstrably false claims and construes some absurd conspiracy theory around them.

GTA V for example allows violence against both men and women, but she only cares about violence against the latter. And she then uses that cherrypicked example to explain why the reptile peop- why the illumi- the happy mer- why the patriarchy I mean, is oppressing women worldwide
>>
>>72206520
>Mad Max does not challenge more prevalent forms of sexism
The film should've had Immortan Joe going around and manspreading in public transport then
>>
>>72206796

The mushroom kingdom is really Venezuela

>Bowzer is Chavez
>rampant kidnapping
>drug trade = crazy mushrooms
>>
Does anyone have the pic where a feminist bitchs about the game developer being lazy because the game did not have any female characters because it would take too much effort to do so and then someone asks her "Why don't you make your own game with female characters then?" and someone replies "Because it'd take too much effort to do so"
>>
>>72205379
She doesn't even make any good points. Her material was so. Orang, predictable and biased and she even thought she was being edgy.

Actually made feminists look retarded just for listening to this cunt.
>>
>>72206709
ugh... okay
>>
>>72204554
It's because she monetized being a fucking woman on the internet. Big money.
>>
File: you did this.jpg (149 KB, 590x639) Image search: [Google]
you did this.jpg
149 KB, 590x639
>>72206363
>>
>>72206176
OMG is that the wicked witch of the west?, fuck me i'm going to hide my red slippers, the witch is real.
>>
>>72206872
Hmm, plausible
>>
>>72205871
She's not a great manipulator, feminists are just idiots.

You might as well say someone is smart because they manipulated a toddler into believing Santa was real.
>>
>>72206042
She's a Jew!
>>
File: anitabayo033.jpg (138 KB, 597x566) Image search: [Google]
anitabayo033.jpg
138 KB, 597x566
>"So why does any of this matter? What’s the real harm in sexually objectifying women? Well, the negative impacts of sexual objectification have been studied extensively over the years and the effects on people of all genders are quite clear and very serious. Research has consistently found that exposure to these types of images negatively impacts perceptions and beliefs about real world women and reinforces harmful myths about sexual violence.

>Researchers have also found that after long-term exposure to hyper-sexualized images, people of all genders tend to be more tolerant of the sexual harassment of women and more readily accept rape myths, including the belief that sexually assaulted women were asking for it, deserved it or are the ones to blame for being victimized. Studies have found, for example, that after having viewed sexually objectified female bodies, men in particular tend to view women as less intelligent, less competent and disturbingly express less concern for their physical well being or safety.

>Furthermore this perception is not limited only to sexualized women; in what’s called the “Spill Over Effect”, these sexist attitudes carry over to perceptions of all women, as a group, regardless of their attire, activities or professions. In other words, viewing media that frames women as objects or sexual playthings, profoundly impacts how real life women are perceived and treated in the world around us."

- Anita Sarkeesian

Straight from the horse's mouth. Sexual depictions in videogames leads directly to sexist oppression in real life.

Under no circumstances is sexist oppression in real life okay, so therefore, sexual depictions in videogames cannot be okay. As she makes explicitly aware, over and over and over again.
>>
>gets $150k
>makes 6 videos in 3 years
>they are all really shit quality
>cherry-picked content
>refuses to acknowledge the 100s of games that have women NOT in those trope roles
>somehow gets elevated to some sort of authority on the feminism
>has all of her content written by a guy anyway
>encapsulates everything that is wrong with modern day feminism = moaning about video games instead of fighting for equal rights for women in genuinely sexist countries
>>
>>72206953
Goombas etc= oppressed urban Bowzistas only seeking a better life. Look, there's gonna be some corruption at the top. We know that. Just look at Hyrule! The point is that conditions in the underworlds have really improved, and if Bowser ALLEGEDLY kidnaps and rapes the occasional oligarch, that's the price of progress.
>>
File: anita the diety.png (58 KB, 523x529) Image search: [Google]
anita the diety.png
58 KB, 523x529
>>72206868
>I don't see how Sarkeesian was worth making such a big deal about.

She was the literal queen of the entire games media and nu-male cuckosphere for years. Constantly shoving her down everyone's throats. Constantly preaching about her and praising her as the savior of the evil sexist games industry that they hate so much, and who would cleanse the industry of the evil sexist rapist Gamers that they hate so fucking much (and would hate even more a few years afterwards with you-know-what). She's like their anti-Trump and it was incredibly annoying. You wouldn't understand what it was like.
>>
>>72206307
>the Princess Peach character is fucking retarded

Princess Peach was invented in a time when 8-bit graphics were high end and technically demanding.

It was simply impossible for a platformer game to have an advanced story and also have good gameplay. The story and the characters do not fucking matter in Mario.

>Bowser is a bad guy, we will establish this by having him steal the princess
>Mario is a good guy, we will establish this by having him rescue the princess
That's fucking it.

Nobody says "Mario is just a fucking fatass typical male who immediately resorts to violence against Bowser and all of his subjects instead of any attempts at diplomacy" do they?
>>
>>72207167
>moaning about video games instead of fighting for equal rights for women in genuinely sexist countries
WE CAN DO BOTH SHITLORD
>only focuses on media in America because it's easier
>>
>>72207140
Yeah but I somewhat agree with her. Sure, I'm a full-grown man now, no video game is going to change my socio-political opinions of the world, but what about when I was 10 years old? Children and youth spend a lot of time gaming.
>>
>>72207140
What does she think of porn or strippers? I mean, those are REAL women literally being paid to be "objectified." Why doesn't she go after that?

Oh, because those industries would tell her to fuck off.

Also, did we not debunk the "violent games makes people violent" thing? If so, then why is sexy women any different? Bayonetta is not going to make go rape a woman.
>>
File: anitae3.jpg (110 KB, 579x568) Image search: [Google]
anitae3.jpg
110 KB, 579x568
She spends more time talking about how much she hates violence than sexism sometimes.

One might even mistake her for some social conservative evangelical.
>>
>>72207360
Age ratings exist, dumbass. And if a kid does get his hands on DoA, how is it Tecmo's fault? How is it Sega's fault if a kid gets their hands on Bayonetta?
>>
>>72207282
To be fair, though, her criticism is partially valid because game designers were so fucking lazy. Every game's background story looked the same, to the point where thousands of games had only a dozen or so variations. If games became more interesting as a result, that's a good thing.
>>
>>72207360
>but what about when I was 10 years old?
So, what you're saying is that gaming should be a safe space because parents are unable to control what 10 years old children play?

Fuck that.
>>
>>72204554

Voices like this, left unopposed, start to change things for the worse. This is just one of those incidents that grew beyond the initial disagreement into bigger stuff.

> Millions of men enjoy this kind of story and the direction it is growing
> waaah waaah oppression muh patriachy
> Stop having fun guys, start doing shit my boring-ass guilt-laden way
>>
>>72207395
Feminists and hardcore christians are way more similar than people realise.
>>
>>72207363
Because we were all united against Jack Thompson, this shit has the feminists/thirsty betas and the "fuck off" people divided against each other. I would rather have people going after violence again.
>>
File: anitarockstar.png (74 KB, 620x363) Image search: [Google]
anitarockstar.png
74 KB, 620x363
>>72207363
>Also, did we not debunk the "violent games makes people violent" thing?

Not according to her or games media. They think games are evil and brainwash kids and adults to be violent sexists. Anita is our queen. Anita is our queen. Do not ever EVER insult or criticize her. She is bringing to light "many important issues". Only sexist trolls from 4chan ever criticize Anita, I bet you're one of those aren't you? One of those MRAs? One of those Gamergaters? One of those Trump supporters? All hail Anita. All hail Anita.
>>
File: r u srs nigger.jpg (9 KB, 249x277) Image search: [Google]
r u srs nigger.jpg
9 KB, 249x277
>>72207395
>Plays violent video game
>Complains of violence
wew lad
>>
>>72207510
>The far right and the far left are way more similar than people realize
ftfy
>>
File: feminism in gaming.jpg (297 KB, 821x1282) Image search: [Google]
feminism in gaming.jpg
297 KB, 821x1282
>>72206794
>bad people say bad things

CALL

THE

PRESS
>>
File: jack thompson.jpg (22 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
jack thompson.jpg
22 KB, 620x349
>>72207360

>Yeah but I somewhat agree with him. Sure, I'm a full-grown man now, no video game is going to make me want to kill people, but what about when I was 10 years old? Children and youth spend a lot of time gaming.
>>
File: anitasatire2.jpg (53 KB, 600x353) Image search: [Google]
anitasatire2.jpg
53 KB, 600x353
>>72207460
>her criticism is partially valid

Her criticism is not that games are boring. It's that games are dangerous and actively harm women.

You do not actually agree with her. You think you do. She is 100% pure twitter-brand modern feminist bitching whiner. She has no real ideas of her own. She is not out to make games "interesting", she is out to make games less sexist.

>Every game's background story looked the same, to the point where thousands of games had only a dozen or so variations. If games became more interesting as a result, that's a good thing.

Games are not about their fucking stories. They're pulp meant to deliver on mechanics.
>>
>>72207140
Wait, lesbians wouldn't find Bayonetta's design sexy?
>>
>>72206993
Not an argument
>>
>>72204554
She's the Jack Thompson of hipster faggots. And even Jack Thompson himself says she goes too far.
>>
>>72207841
He even said she gets away with shit because she's female.
>>
>>72207360
I've been playing GTA since I was 10 and the most violent action I've ever done was win at paintball

But then again I'm not a cucknadian so I don't let fiction dictate my reality
>>
If she simply said 'a lot of games are a bit sexist' then I guess you'd have to agree.

What she says instead is that the majority of games make men start hating women in real life, there are no game for women, and having a game like Bayonetta where men enjoy ridiculous looking women is evil and should be banned.

Then y'know, she robbed a bunch of people, lied about playing video games, plagiarized a bunch of material, and made up a bunch of shit about online harassment o make the gaming community look bad.
>>
File: 1432198757196.png (56 KB, 364x271) Image search: [Google]
1432198757196.png
56 KB, 364x271
>>72207920
Feminist translation: He's an evil sexist who wants to keep women down and the patriarchy up and you shouldn't listen to him we didn't even nearly go far enough!
>>
>>72207787
because that was my reaction at your pic. Calm down.
>>
>>72207140
Weren't Bayonetta designed by a woman? She is basicly a female power fantasy.
>>
>>72207952
>then I guess you'd have to agree.

No, I wouldn't.
>>
I wouldn't have a single problem with her if she actually played the games, but it's painfully clear that all her critiques are based off a quick skim of plot synopses with no regard for the details. Half the characters she dismisses as "harmful and sexist" are in fact some of the most progressive and empowering portrayals of women in video game history.
>>
File: sessler902386.jpg (115 KB, 630x684) Image search: [Google]
sessler902386.jpg
115 KB, 630x684
>>72207685

Also another big issue was that the games media went all-in on defending gaming from Jack Thompson and the social conservative right, but immediately folded under Anita Sarkeesian. That got their audience very ticked off at their hypocrisy.

It's because these games journalists are all nu-male San Francisco-based cucks who bend at the knee at any progressive idea whatsoever, and shit on their industry, hobby, and audience because of it. And as Quinn proved, they're actively having sex with these sorts of fuckers too.

Together with debacles like Bioware's deplorable Mass Effect 3 and the unified protection and praise they got from games media solely because of feminism and progressive politics, as well as the constant progressive haranguing from third-rate publications like Kotaku and Polygon, is what contributed a lot to the brushfire that was GG later on. And now we're seeing that fight explode more and more in the public sphere.
>>
>>72207281
kek
Doin' God's work, Anons.
>>
don't promote armenians please
>>
File: 1335218647063.jpg (61 KB, 1205x881) Image search: [Google]
1335218647063.jpg
61 KB, 1205x881
>>72207140
I don't get it. There was a pervasive idea a few years back that violence in video games supposedly caused violence in real life, but that was found to be a completely unfounded myth, and yet she's here arguing that the exact same thing.

I wonder why no one(with credentials), hasn't called her out on her shit.
>>
>>72204554
Gaming is the last bastion of misogyny we must stand our ground.
>>
>>72204554
Because she spins anything about vidya into some kind of oppression of female (pixels) by the 'Patriarchy'.

If Mario were to step on mushrooms, she'd spin it like it symbolizes how men are stepping on women. If Mario jumped on them, it would be like men ignoring their plight. Or some shit like that. Virtually any game with a male lead is fucking oppression. That's how insane the bitch is.

If mental gymnastics was a real Olympic sports event, she'd have a lot of medals, some of which were obtained by crying "muh soggy knees".
>>
File: 1452752964525.png (253 KB, 553x350) Image search: [Google]
1452752964525.png
253 KB, 553x350
>>72207360
And you people wonder how you ended up being led by a man that sounds like a kotaku article.
>>
>>72207952

I don't think that's really her argument. I think her argument is that unless it is pointed out to you, the assumptions you make about life aren't visible to you, like water to a fish.

So if you're a game developer making a game and focusing on the mechanics, but you quickly need to throw together a story, you throw in something like the main character's girlfriend getting kidnapped. It seems perfectly normal and fine to you and you don't think there's any problem with that.

Except that all the other developers start doing the same thing, and then little girls sit down to play the game and think "wait... why do girls suck so much? Why is the hero always a boy, why are girls so useless? wth??"

This is a main topic of 3rd wave feminism and one of the arguments of feminism that I actually agree with - we should be self-reflective as a society. We should constantly question why we know what we know. We should be looking at our culture and asking what it means and what ideas we portray in it.

Again I'm just talkinga bout her Tropes vs Women videos. I don't know what she has said or done beyond that.
>>
why do I want to fuck her so bad? She's not really that attractive
>>
>>72208186
>I wonder why no one(with credentials), hasn't called her out on her shit.

They have a job they don't want to lose, the people that don't play games and love to bitch about social justice issues have turned their attention to video games since they now have their foot in the door.
>>
>>72204554
Don't forget she is hate speech MOD for twitter
>>
>>72208256
>and then little girls sit down to play the game and think "wait... why do girls suck so much? Why is the hero always a boy, why are girls so useless? wth??"

Literally no one is thinking this.
>>
>video game autists are so stupid that they managed to get their sworn enemy international fame

Can't make this shit up. Imao every time I think about it
>>
>>72207742
>implying only lesbians can apreciate female body

now here is some actual sexism
>>
>>72207360

People's views of the world are shaped by reality. If you went to a highschool and you had to pick out the group of kids that was most dangerous to women, who would you pick?

The video game nerds? No. You'd pick the bros or the jocks. Kids that might play a bit of CoD or Madden. Should we start blaming basketball for sexism?

There seems to be more of a correlation there.
>>
>>72208354
Literally hundreds of thousands of little girls had that very thought in the last month. Do you not interact with females in your life?
>>
>>72206846
didn't that game bombed hard ?
>>
File: anita931.jpg (539 KB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
anita931.jpg
539 KB, 1100x1100
>>72208186
>I wonder why no one(with credentials), hasn't called her out on her shit.

-Nobody in games media has any credentials for anything at all. They don't even like videogames.
-Anyone outside who would wouldn't know about her, since she (used to be) relegated solely to the still pretty insular games industry.
-Thanks to a clever propaganda campaign, anyone who criticized ANYTHING she said for years was branded ads a death-threat making rapist troll that she talked about all the time. Typical progressive self-victimizing tactic. Created a large anti-progressive base that gradually grew more and more before exploding.
-Games media is full of beta nu-male libtard progressives who all live in San Francisco and will ALWAYS take a woman's side over anybody elses.

It's all pretty typical leftist tactics, but most people who were suddenly faced with them creeping into the medium had no idea how to deal with it before it was too late.
>>
>>72208047
shhhh

feminist and facts do not mix together
>>
>>72208256
>"wait... why do girls suck so much? Why is the hero always a boy, why are girls so useless? wth??"

Yeah but this is wrong though. There are plenty of games with female protagonists, or female characters that aren't simply someone there for the male character to save.

I mean, Tomb Raider, Bayonetta, the Metroid series all have female protagonists that have vastly different personalities than what normal people would associate women with in the 21st century real world, and yet Sarkeesian is whining, because it's not the kind of character that she and her feminist sociology cohorts want to exist.
>>
>>72208389
Yeah, this sounds about right
>>
File: Bill_Wilson-0.jpg (79 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Wilson-0.jpg
79 KB, 716x768
>>72208459

You interact with hundreds of thousands of little girls?
>>
File: anitadyinglight.jpg (540 KB, 840x2184) Image search: [Google]
anitadyinglight.jpg
540 KB, 840x2184
>>72208483

Anita is NEVER EVER happy.

EVER.

EVER.

EVER.

EVER.

EVER.
>>
>>72208518
only on my good days
>>
>>72207140
>Under no circumstances is sexist oppression in real life okay, so therefore, sexual depictions in videogames cannot be okay.
You mean like the MC's girlfriend in inFamous, who's a raging bitch who instantly opposes her boyfriend because of rumors without ever listening to his side of the story? Who constantly mocks him and insults him when they take part in the same mission? And he sucks it up and tries to get on her good side? And she's portrayed as a saint all the while and gets a tragic death scene where she uses her status as the holy holyness of pure holy to elevate the MC to a hero by telling him she's proud and "joke's on you I wasn't actually mad!" if the player goes for the good path?

Or the MC in Second Son, who hears about how some dude got tortured for most of his life and reacts with, basically, "lol awkward virgin" because the guy became a shut-in out of trauma?
>>
>>72208475
Yes, I agree, but I'm pretty sure there was some actual sociologists who did a study where they tried to connect video game violence with real world violence and they failed miserably to show any such connection at all, and they conceded that such a link doesn't exist.

I'm pretty sure if you do a study with gender violence and video games, you'll find exactly the same result, and yet everybody is on her bandwagon.

It really says something about the culture we live in.
>>
File: harassment - United Nations.jpg (336 KB, 1019x1134) Image search: [Google]
harassment - United Nations.jpg
336 KB, 1019x1134
Anita to the UN on banning all forms of harassment, as deemed by her.
>>
>>72208459
>Do you not interact with females in your life?

Yes and all of them love Legend of Zelda, most of the shitty tattoos on women are LoZ
>>
>>72208483
Yeah, some games buck the trend, and that's a good thing. But it doesn't deny the trend.
>>
>>72205047
>Super Mario Bros 2
Anon, you do know that's not a real Super Mario game, right?
>>
>>72208483
>because it's not the kind of character that she and her feminist sociology cohorts want to exist.

You seem to think there's some sort of ideal of which, if reached, Sarkeesian and her ilk would approve. There isn't.

Feminism is the definition of moving goalposts. There's always going to be something wrong.

If a woman is incapable of combat, she's a damsel. If she's combat-ready, she's a man with boobs. If she's in the foreground, she's subject to the male gaze. If she's in the background, she's window dressing.

Feminism isn't a philosophy for Anita Sarkeesian, it's a career. If she manufactured moral outrage about problems that could be solved, she'd be putting her livelihood in jeopardy.
>>
File: polygon4.jpg (382 KB, 630x821) Image search: [Google]
polygon4.jpg
382 KB, 630x821
>>72208651
>but I'm pretty sure there was some actual sociologists who did a study where they tried to connect video game violence with real world violence and they failed miserably to show any such connection at all, and they conceded that such a link doesn't exist.

Yes, everyone knows about those.

When you tweet those journal links to them, they'll just block you, then mock you about how "lol got some gloobergabbers on muh feed shouting bout sexism LOL". These are Professional Games Journalists.
>>
>>72208595
okay... but does the girl get kidnapped and need to be rescued by her boyfriend?
>>
>>72208256

The problem is that's not an accurate reflection of the gaming industry.

Puzzle games, platformers, sports games, racing games, party games, strategy games, simulation games, and lots of shooters have nothing to say about gender at all.

Girls play shit like Sims and Spyro. They don't care that Mario involves a girl getting kidnapped -- they like playing as the princess characters.
>>
File: anitasatire.png (435 KB, 762x735) Image search: [Google]
anitasatire.png
435 KB, 762x735
>>
File: anitalead.jpg (43 KB, 610x260) Image search: [Google]
anitalead.jpg
43 KB, 610x260
Sad!
>>
File: mc4chan03.png (45 KB, 616x309) Image search: [Google]
mc4chan03.png
45 KB, 616x309
mr second in command has some strong words for you guys
>>
>>72208729
ROFL I have never seen a triforce tattoo in my life. I would be floored if I saw one, especially on a woman.

>>72208656
Hmm, really? Being anonymous on Youtube and writing shit in the comments like "die fuckign bitch I'll rape you with a machete" isn't really free speech that needs protection. However, someone like Amazing Atheist making a critical video of her should not be silenced at all. Did she actually argue that it should?
>>
File: file.png (663 KB, 1024x738) Image search: [Google]
file.png
663 KB, 1024x738
>>72208946
>second in command

Yeah, like the Ventriloquist is Scarface's second-in-command
>>
>>72208737
>But it doesn't deny the trend.

The point is that the trend doesn't matter.

If someone wants to create a story where a woman is raped continuously for a week until her savior comes flying through the window with an AK-47 in Unreal Engine 3, they are welcome to do so, but the market and the consumer should be who decides whether or not this is appealing to them, not a Woman's studies major who has earned a following of progressive ideologues.
>>
>>72208802
I tried to tell him.

Side note - it was a fucking awesome game. They should have made more like it.
>>
>>72208946
Is he kidding? Aren't anons constantly posting about feels?
>>
File: anitabart.jpg (75 KB, 555x699) Image search: [Google]
anitabart.jpg
75 KB, 555x699
>>72208816

And it is an actual career for her. Literally trained by several scam artists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaPbgNVuaEI
>>
>>72206366
If this is true I have to thank the big don. At least he saved the games.
>>
>>72204554
Stop trying to keep yourself relevant, Sarkeesian.
>sage goes in all fields
>>
>>72208847
Yeah I only play strategy games these days and have for the last decade (Civ, Galactic Civ, Xcom) so I haven't really seen any trends about gaming and gender.

I did play GTA Vice City. I just remember having fun driving around to 80s synth pop.
>>
so I still don't get why either side really cares about this literal non issue
>>
File: hdjlshf.jpg (28 KB, 295x367) Image search: [Google]
hdjlshf.jpg
28 KB, 295x367
>>72209016
My sister didn't go for the triforce
>>
>>72209222
The triforce is on her pussy
>>
File: biddle.jpg (134 KB, 589x805) Image search: [Google]
biddle.jpg
134 KB, 589x805
>>72206366

Look at what gawkers big anti-GGer is saying now

>We’re at a complete loss. We’re out of ideas. I honestly can’t even imagine something at this point that would scuttle the Trump campaign given how perfectly calibrated his core following is to reject anything and everything they see in the media. I could publish a recording of Donald Trump screaming “ISIS IS GOOD! ISIS IS GREAT!” during sex and he would brush it off in one tweet—Gawker, a loser website. They want me to be politically correct. Sad!

>What bombshell could anyone be holding onto at this point? What, conceivably, could be left out there? More shady business dealings? Even more racism? This is a man who boasted that he could kill innocent people in the middle of New York and not lose voters. He’s right! He would probably gain voters. What the media loathes about Trump is what endears him to voters. Oh, we’re going to reveal to the world that he’s a boor, a horror, a bully?

>When you see us making fun of Donald Trump’s orange face or misspelled tweets, what you’re really seeing is our deep, rapidly rising levels of dread. We mock Trump’s complexion and dumbassery because we’ve never felt more impotent in our lives, so powerless to stop such a manifestly bad, bulletproof man. We are sublimating our own sense of terror and irrelevance via blogs. We will be spinning our wheels like this until Trump either self-destructs or wins the election. We’ll be spinning our wheels because we don’t have any bombshells. Donald Trump has neutralized the very concept of the bombshell.

Trump is the climax to the anti-progressive story that's been churning for the past few years. And he is also our revenge.

>>72209202

Progressive feminists want money and power. Actual game audiences don't like influential censorious bitchers ruining their hobby industry.
>>
>>72209046
Of course they are free to do so. All she's saying is "what does this say about us?"
>>
>>72209222
>>72209275

what's her #
>>
File: femfreq.png (289 KB, 600x532) Image search: [Google]
femfreq.png
289 KB, 600x532
>>72209284
>All she's saying is "what does this say about us?"

That's not all she is saying. She is saying these games actively contribute to real-life violent harm and oppression against women. She says it over and over again. And talks to developers and game players based on that premise.

And what DOES it say about us? There is no fucking psychological link, it's disproven, scientifically, over and over and over and over again. She's a simple conwoman who rode the progressive feminist internet wave. That's it.
>>
>>72204554
>everything is racist everything is sexist you just have to point it out

And she wasn't joking.
She really think like this.
But that is just the top. Read what other anons are saying.
I still have no idea how she got away with this kickstarter bullshit...
>>
>>72209284
>All she's saying is "what does this say about us?"

All it says to me is that we have a vivid imagination, and the technological ability to make those ideas into a video game.

Why do you feel it necessary to inject ideological suppositions into everything that humans do?

I mean, this reminds me of the current trends in literary criticism, where if a white author writes in a black character in his book that says Nigga, the author himself must be a racist.
>>
File: anitavictim.png (49 KB, 634x361) Image search: [Google]
anitavictim.png
49 KB, 634x361
More typical feminist bullshit

Literally all she does 24/7

>>72209403

She got away with it because everyone in san francisco is cancer
>>
File: 1461596650014.gif (2 MB, 478x391) Image search: [Google]
1461596650014.gif
2 MB, 478x391
>>72205172
ANITA GO HOME

YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE

YOU WILL BE TRACKED DOWN AND METAPHORICALLY RAPED WITH A LITERAL DOG TURD IN YOUR HOOK NOSE
>>
>>72209403
Also she once agreed that she don't play video games she just looks for drama
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afgtd8ZsXzI
>>
>>72206868
Is this you anita? Are you trying ti redeem yourself? Or is this machintosh the cuckosphere king of degenerates? Eithereay you are trying way to hard for someone that got explained time and time again wtf this bitch wants. Her end goal is the kike end goal total censorship of the potentialy last free speech platform the internet. So go away john or anita and jump of a building please.

> inb4 more drath threats to milk cash from faggots
>>
File: anitatwitter.jpg (604 KB, 2125x2083) Image search: [Google]
anitatwitter.jpg
604 KB, 2125x2083
And then there's the twitter links, her newest business move.
>>
She has become incredibly fat over the last 2 years. She's easily 50% bf by now. It's actually disgusting, her face was meh before but she's literally 2/10 now. She's looks 20 years older.
>>
File: anitanotburch.png (278 KB, 878x734) Image search: [Google]
anitanotburch.png
278 KB, 878x734
>>72209537

maybe he's just another typical Anita Sarkeesian fan like this young man.
>>
Because they're angry virgins
>>
File: anita.jpg (119 KB, 1303x409) Image search: [Google]
anita.jpg
119 KB, 1303x409
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
>>
>>72206729
She dropped Mcintosh about two months ago.
>>
>>72204554
because she is a hypocrite

she talks about women being portrayed like this and women being portrayed like that, but when someone points out how men are also portrayed like this and that she either refuses to acknowledge it, or even worst goes into insane mental gymnastics to rationalize it
>>
>>72204554

People dislike her because she's a bitch. She doesn't play video games, but makes videos about sexism in video games. Really though, the bottom line is she's just playing the system and isn't really a SJW deep down. She's a con artist who knows being anti-something and setting up a kickstarter for it will make easy money. She just did that - got rich from playing a victim card, made a video here and there, and then just lived pretty easily for the forseeable future by playing a role. She's just an uppity bitchy-looking Turk chick with a punchable face too, so there's that.
>>
>>72206412
That picture.
Gotta love this bullshit
>men is a single entity and a random male born into poor family got more "power" than a female politician or a wife of some billionaire therefore there is no way she can be sexist towards him by saying "men are scum. you should just work in camps to ensure our well being"
k f a m
>>
>>72209441

>I mean, this reminds me of the current trends in literary criticism, where if a white author writes in a black character in his book that says Nigga, the author himself must be a racist.

Oh fuck are you for real? I am a writer. I am working on a novel. There's a black kid in the novel talking to his black high school teacher. The word nigger is used. Is the book doomed?
>>
File: anti25.png (212 KB, 1236x603) Image search: [Google]
anti25.png
212 KB, 1236x603
Games media sure seems full of these cancerous SJWs.
>>
>>72208946
Well he's not wrong except for the part where it's the complete opposite. The real world bleaches sincere emotion from the few people left who give a shit, and we come on here to scream in our futility at the slow degeneration of the fight for justice and the rule of law globally for the last 50 years.
>>
>>72209724

So around the same time she dropped femfreq?
When she turned to be so sick (literally, as a sickness) because of internets that she could no longer make it, and instead turned to shorts ?

Coincidence?
>>
>>72209637
A fan of here clearly either that or a die hard feminist. But the question is why the fuck os he trying he didnt even get the classic back to plebbut argument. He got proof all over the place and arguments as strong as donald trumps balls yet he still keeps trying in a "b-but she is ri r r right" fashion. It really pisses me off.
>>
>>72209397
Yeah, I agree that some of her arguments are stretched. I don't agree with everything she says.

Still, our art does say something about us, it is a reflection of our values.
>>
>>72209772
Nah it isn't doomed at all, I was just using it as an analogy, to how retarded armchair critiquers of media in society can be when they use their ideological glasses to look at everything.
>>
>>72209778
a man would be fired for saying shit like that
>>
>>72206412

Honestly, white women like her can't really be oppressed because she's white. White people have power and influence.If anything, this bitch is my oppressor as a Latino man!
>>
File: klepek364764.png (356 KB, 573x401) Image search: [Google]
klepek364764.png
356 KB, 573x401
>>72209772

100%, exactly because of people like Anita Sarkeesian.
>>
>>72209724
I would say it's no surprise looking at how irrelevant she's been lately, but changing jobs means nothing to this incestuous network. They're all still going to be up each other's asses.
>>
File: anti.jpg (248 KB, 573x1009) Image search: [Google]
anti.jpg
248 KB, 573x1009
>>72209852

Not if he was talking about fucking white males.

>>72209841
>I don't agree with everything she says.

So you're an evil sexist bigot Gamerglabber? ANITA IS OUR PROPHET.
>>
>>72209939
>>72209837

>>72209837
>>72209939

>whoa, a person on the internet agrees partially with another person, and yet also disagrees with many of the things that person said

mind = blown
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (31 KB, 854x813) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
31 KB, 854x813
It's time to stop caring.
>>
>>72207460
>Every game's background story looked the same, to the point where thousands of games had only a dozen or so variations
Those are called "genres"
>>
File: zoe-quinn.jpg (56 KB, 471x308) Image search: [Google]
zoe-quinn.jpg
56 KB, 471x308
>>72209871
>They're all still going to be up each other's asses.

LITERALLY.
>>
>>72209996

What did she do back in 2004? Since there is a small peak on her intrest?
>>
>>72209996
>more popular in canada then us

had no idea, makes sense through
>>
File: sj.jpg (1 MB, 800x5957) Image search: [Google]
sj.jpg
1 MB, 800x5957
JUST

GROW UP

BE COOL
>>
>>72209939
well i just checked and she's not working there anymore, so at least that's a relief
>>
>>72204554
Why are you coming to her defense and perpetuating that tired old damsel in distress trope, white knight? She can take care of herself move on with your life.
>>
File: anti1.png (62 KB, 658x912) Image search: [Google]
anti1.png
62 KB, 658x912
LITERALLY

TERRORISTS

LITERALLY
>>
>>72210175
I'm trying to get a feel for the average opinion on /pol, that's all. Also, I paid no attention to the Gamergate thing so I was kind of curious what that was all about.
>>
>>72204554
Anita focuses exclusively on female victims of gender neutral issues. Women are portrayed as sex objects in media, sure. But men are portrayed as expendable objects of death.

Movies portray men as shallow organisms there to be killed; sometimes by other men, quite often by women. In the same video games that she complains about women being sex objects, men are generally the objects of killing, sometimes murder.

I don't really care honestly; I like a good video game where I can kill some shit.

But when's the last time you played a game where you regularly shot and killed women? Or saw a movie where as many women are killed on screen by the hero as men?

Anita is full of shit for exactly that reason. The issues she complains about are gender neutral, but she only focuses on the female victims.
>>
>>72206176

That is the kikest nose I've ever seen.
>>
>>72210144
Just look at how many of us are shitting into this thread. It's an embarrassment.
>>
>>72209996
no one cares in germany
>>
>>72206176
show me the shooped hot version of this anita pic
>>
>>72210291
You want to get all touchy-feely with /pol/, how's it coming?
>>
File: 1414385067362.jpg (867 KB, 1408x2142) Image search: [Google]
1414385067362.jpg
867 KB, 1408x2142
>>72210175

he's an "author"

you know the type
>>
>>72210163
> and I thought you were a good leaf brother
Why thou try to give me cancer with that fucking comic?
>>
>tfw you will never fuck anita

feels bad man
>>
>>72210163
>not the edit
>>
>>72205379
didnt she start some internet safety thing thats basically sjws to become police of the internet?
>>
>>72208802
Technically only the first Super Mario Brothers was real. After those events, Mario couldn't stop dreaming about it (the second one) until he had to produce a stage play exaggerating his efforts (SMB3).
>>
File: mcbayonetta.png (25 KB, 580x372) Image search: [Google]
mcbayonetta.png
25 KB, 580x372
>>72210432

This is a SJW board, anon!
>>
>>72206176
>>72206176
>>72206176
>>72206176
haha this was fake ?
>>
>>72208802
>>72209062

>dur hur its doki doki panic guyz xD

It's fucking Super Mario Bros. It has Super Mario Bros characters. It's a licensed fucking Super Mario Bros. game distributed by Nintendo. No amount of fucking pandering or excuses will change this. Deal with it.
>>
File: mccontrol.jpg (115 KB, 601x366) Image search: [Google]
mccontrol.jpg
115 KB, 601x366
>>
File: Sarkeesian[1].jpg (120 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Sarkeesian[1].jpg
120 KB, 500x333
>>72210486

You be the judge which one is edited
>>
>>72210481
THE SHIT-POSTING GENES ARE SHOWING RUN FOR YOUR LIVES ANONS!
>>
File: barn owl laughing.jpg (2 MB, 2048x2041) Image search: [Google]
barn owl laughing.jpg
2 MB, 2048x2041
>>72210428
>tfw you will never fuck anita
Nothing of value was lost
>>
>>72210601
>not wanting to be her goy toy
pretty pleb tebehaych
>>
File: mcgames.png (43 KB, 579x598) Image search: [Google]
mcgames.png
43 KB, 579x598
>>72209161
>Yeah I only play strategy games these days and have for the last decade (Civ,

YOU EVIL GREEDY ANTI-ENVIRONMENTALIST SCUM
>>
>>72204554
So you don't know anything about her, didn't watch her videos, but don't understand why people didn't like her?

Seriously OP you're a faggot.
>>
File: kucheratetris.png (489 KB, 635x1009) Image search: [Google]
kucheratetris.png
489 KB, 635x1009
>>72210660

ALL GAMES ARE POLITICAL IDEOLOGICAL MESSAGES

EVERYTHING IS SEXIST EVERYTHING IS RACIST...
>>
File: 4chan-pink.jpg (410 KB, 994x1000) Image search: [Google]
4chan-pink.jpg
410 KB, 994x1000
>>72204554
>What's the big deal with Sarkeesian?

1. She's a woman. /pol/ hates women because women have destroyed the West.
2. She's a femishit. /pol/ hates femishits.
3. She's a femishit of the worst kind. She even went to the UN to fight against free speech.

Pic somewhat related.
>>
File: anitafact.jpg (97 KB, 1200x821) Image search: [Google]
anitafact.jpg
97 KB, 1200x821
>>72210722

THAT'S WHY YOU MUST LISTEN TO THE EXPERTS AND GIVE ME THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO DO ????
>>
>>72204554
Go on YouTube and watch thunderf00t videos about Her. It'll get you started. She runs Twitter's censorship dept now which will be the downfall of that
>>
>>72204554

She's a feminist, SJW cunt.
>>
>>72210306
>expecting feminists to acknowledge anything that negatively impacts men

LOL
>>
File: anita2.jpg (703 KB, 1752x1736) Image search: [Google]
anita2.jpg
703 KB, 1752x1736
>>72210756

OBEY

OBEY

OBEY

IF YOU DISAGREE YOU ARE A SEXIST RACIST BIGOTED GAMERGATER MRA TRUMP SUPPORTER 4CHANNER EVIL FUCKING WHITE MALE
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 100

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.