[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Christcucks the new Atheists? It kinda seems like they've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: typical godfag.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
typical godfag.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
Are Christcucks the new Atheists?
It kinda seems like they've become as obnoxious as the fedora tippers were a couple years ago.
>>
nice try r/atheism
but no dice
>>
File: large.png (287 KB, 1042x1024) Image search: [Google]
large.png
287 KB, 1042x1024
/pol/ loves barking about God and Jesus, and "deus vult" and all that, but hypocritically quirk their eyebrow at the thought of showing mercy to an enemy.

I can't decide whether that makes them bad Christians, or just average Christians.
>>
File: 1461338248343.png (356 KB, 541x480) Image search: [Google]
1461338248343.png
356 KB, 541x480
>>72202190
*tips fedora respectfully*
Reddit is around the corner.
>>
>>72202190
>>72202553
So many shills lately
Bait and saged
>>
>>72202190
no

christians can be annoying but they only mean well

it is in their beliefs to proselytize the goyim

they just dont realize how they act
>>
The entire "atheists=fedora" thing was a directed propaganda movement by upset christians as backlash to the strong growth of atheism on the internet showed in the past decade following the rise in public consciousness of popular speakers such as dawkins and hitchens. It's a specifically geared attempt to discredit and ad hominemize the movement by associating any people remotely associated with it with a single tiny unliked minority.
Fedoras, neckbeards, etc do exist, but they are not even close to anything resembling a significant fraction of those identifying with atheism. You've been misled by the memes you trusted.
>>
>>72202966
Grorious nippon on point again.

That being said, atheism is just as intellectually dishonest as adhering blindly to any religion.
>>
>>72202966
>not even close to anything resembling a significant fraction of those identifying with atheism

True, I don't think anyone would disagree, but most atheists are smarmy faggots and #feelthebern types
>>
>>72202771
this.
>>
>>72203194
>but most atheists are smarmy faggots and #feelthebern types
Strong confirmation bias. It is not "most" atheists, the ones you see and remember are the obnoxious, annoying ones, simply because they are so. The overwhelming majority of atheists who don't get in your face about it don't register on your radar for precisely that reason.
>>
>>72203385
>Strong confirmation bias. It is not "most" atheists, the ones you see and remember are the obnoxious, annoying ones, simply because they are so. The overwhelming majority of atheists who don't get in your face about it don't register on your radar for precisely that reason.
So are Christians
>>
>>72202966
Everyone knew that already. No one cares. Atheists are just an acceptable target.

I'm sure most of them are nice people, but if you think you're better than Allah you need to be knocked down a peg.
>>
>>72203650
I don't disagree. I don't think most christians are responsible for the fedora meme, just the one who are too triggered by their opinions getting challenged so they seek a way to fight back passive-aggressively instead of confronting them on rational footing.

The saddest thing is, memes being what they are, the fedora meme has been co-opted now as a useful form of non-argument against any sort of call to critical thinking or reasonable behavior. It's the shitposter's trumpcard, the "I don't have a valid response to what you're saying but I can discredit it by posting this" appeal to anti-intellectualism. And we all lose a little something for it.
>>
>>72203032
this
atheism has as much supporting evidence as just about any other belief, you might as well be solipsist or a wizard or worship ayys. i think religion has a lot to do with your shared values with the people you want to associate with.

>>72203194
>>72203385
i don't think most atheists are like that, but smarmy faggots and feelthebern types seem to be mostly atheists.
>>
>>72204925
>atheism has as much supporting evidence as just about any other belief,
Atheism is not a belief system. It is not organized, it does not have doctrine that all adherents must subscribe to. It is simply, literally, a lack of a belief in a god. Specifically, a theistic god (hence "a-theism"), e.g. one that takes a deliberate interest in the affairs of humans and responds to intercessory prayer. Atheism does not necessarily discount the existence of a deistic god, a so-called "creation force" that started off the universe and laws of physics and then sat back to let it unfold without involvement, as such a concept can neither be proven nor disproven scientifically.

If there's one unifying idea the majority of atheists do share, it's simply that most of them don't care what you choose to believe in spiritually so long as you don't seek to turn it into law or inject it into public education.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.