[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which industries and professional fields aren't going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: education-vs-unemployment_0.jpg (36 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
education-vs-unemployment_0.jpg
36 KB, 500x388
Which industries and professional fields aren't going to be shittier for employment in near future?

>"there will always be a need for more engineers" is a meme from 30 years ago
>programming is increasingly becoming outsourced and automated
>medicine is cucked by bureaucracy and insurance companies, highest suicide rates
>competition with the smartest people from Asia, many of whom learned what you study in college by the time they were 10.
>only half of businesses survive their first 5 years

Is it even worthwhile to obtain higher education and professional skills if you don't have personal connections or fucktons of money to invest?
>>
actual engineers and medics will always be needed

no, I don't mean php web "devs" or meme therapy specialsts
>>
>>72143529
first point is not a meme
second point is way too generalizing
>>
>>72143529
automation robotics
>>
File: college.png (28 KB, 1396x356) Image search: [Google]
college.png
28 KB, 1396x356
>>72143529
your treading on dangerous waters my friend. many are zealotic towards college. prepare for those with philosophy degrees storming in defending how their degree is relevant in the workforce and even engineering firms are seeking philosophy majors.
>>
>>72143529
I could be wrong, but I don't think engineers or programmers are that large a part of this chart. It seems like every woman my age I've asked says they were going to college to get a psychology degree except for one electrical engineer.
>>
>>72144764

High quality engineers and programmers are the last jobs to go.
>>
File: saltydoctors.jpg (95 KB, 1056x436) Image search: [Google]
saltydoctors.jpg
95 KB, 1056x436
>>72143638
>>72143693
From what I've heard and looked up on BLS, the only engineering field with significant job growth is Civil, and you make less money than the construction crew.

Pic related is cap from
http://www.physiciansfoundation.org/uploads/default/Physicians_Foundation_2012_Biennial_Survey.pdf
>>
>>72143638
Fpbp.

Listen to Mexibro OP - software "engineering", development, and programming are meme tier jobs that will get outsourced.

Actual engineering (mechanical, electrical, civil, chemical, aero, petroleum, bio) requires far more technical and critical skills than your average 3rd world outsourcing firm can dig up. They're safe choices.
>>
>>72144764

Psychology can be good for women. They usually end up in some customer service or human resources gig.
>>
>>72145297

if OP wants to go into programming and not get hiindi'd do either electrical or computer enginerring
>>
>>72145184

Once the boomers die off, there probably won't be the need or money to support so many physicians.

Also, I've heard there are diagnosis robots that will put a lot of general practicians out to pasture
>>
File: ep_chart_001.png (58 KB, 648x360) Image search: [Google]
ep_chart_001.png
58 KB, 648x360
>plotting the percentage of unemployed people who have a degree
>not controlling for the percentage of the population with a degree
>not comparing the unemployment rate for people with and without degrees

That has to be the most misleading graph I've ever seen, holy shit.
>>
>>72145649
I "want" to study and teach history, but I have a couple cousins who are high school teachers and they've urged me not to get involved with education. Not to mention most of my teachers back in high school would spend more time bitching about their jobs than teaching. Since there really isn't shit else I could do with a history major, I'd rather just do something I have no interest in and at least have job security and not want to kill myself.
>>
>>72146320

>I "want" to study and teach history

If you are considering a shit tier woman job in the first place why do you even bother mentioning actual professions like medicine and engineering?
>>
>>72145872
I still don't get why these aren't wide-used already. The tech is here already.
>>
>>72146745
Because it's a shit tier woman job and I would rather get into an actual profession. I'm just making the point that my personal interest is irrelevant. I just want the maximum reward for minimum effort.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.