[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that nukes have stifled human growth due to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 2016-04-26-21-05-21--12857315.jpg (7 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-26-21-05-21--12857315.jpg
7 KB, 264x191
Can we all agree that nukes have stifled human growth due to them preventing wars between superpowers ?
>>
Absolutely. Only through hardship and suffering can we as a species learn and get stronger.
>>
>>72139334
>>72139423
All technology serves as a metaphorical "Tower of Babel", which if suddenly removed from play would have drastic consequences, and it only gets worse with time.
>>
>>72139423
Exactly my point. Look at the technical and medical advancements in the last 100 years mostly due to war too.
>>
>>72139819
Nukes are hardly as counter-productive as medicine.

...but it's a hard sell to get people to realize that vaccines lead to corruption of the gene pool, not because of "muh autism", but because it enables unfit genes to spread throughout the population, creating irreparable dependency.
>>
>>72139334
I curse Oppenheimer for this everytime I wake up in the morning
>>
>>72140410
He means technological advancement under the pressure of war
>>
>>72140742
The hell are you talking about?
>>
>>72139334
Nuclear radiation causing genetic damage is the only reason nukes arent used, if nukes just caused radiation sickness they would be spammed in most wars.
>>
>>72139334
I've always thought this. And while it is a barbaric sensability I think it's apt.
If we didn't have nukes the world I honestly think would be a better (if more violent) place.
Wars would be frequent as they always have been throughout history, the human population would likely be less than it is today, and most importantly all of humanity getting wiped out because of one nation's reaction wouldn't be a rational fear.

Would the world be overall better? I doubt it I bet we'd just have OTHER problems but I dare say we'd be better off, at least we'd have our sights set on actual problems rather than retarded shit like who gets to go to whose bathroom.
>>
>>72141029
I'm trying to figure out what point you're trying to make, because I'm convinced we're both trying to say the same thing but we haven't figured it out
>>
>>72140543
He's saying most technology out there was originally developed with a military use being in mind. And he's not wrong
>>
>>72139334
>>72139423

These are meaningless without explaining what you mean by human growth or human strength.

If you mean genetics wise, then no. Even if there are wars, humans will still have removed themselves from the natural "the fit reproduce the most" process.

Technology wise? Debatable. It is true that in the past war has drastically increased the rate of technological advancement. I'm not sure that is the case anymore.

Society wise? I guess that depends on what kind of society you want.
>>
>>72141506
Shit this was meant to go to:>>72140858

Sorry
>>
File: 1364679817283.jpg (15 KB, 208x249) Image search: [Google]
1364679817283.jpg
15 KB, 208x249
>>72141334
>>
>>72139423
Hardship and suffering of the economic competition is always good to, you can thank WW2 for the wonderful world boomers grew up in and ultimately destroyed for future generations.
>>
>>72140115

Yah they lead to NEETS like yourself
>>
>>72141572
we gud senpai
>>
File: nukes.png (127 KB, 1786x471) Image search: [Google]
nukes.png
127 KB, 1786x471
>>72139334
a /k/ anon had a good explanation for why nukes have helped humanity
>>
>>72141651
Not an argument.

Are you triggered that I presented basic biological truth in support of the anti-vaccination position?
>>
>>72141698
>none of would have been born

Oh no.
>>
I honestly don't think it would be that different, given the asymmetrical nature of modern warfare in most theaters. Even though Iraq doesn't have nukes, western countries are still hesitant to occupy it because of the volatile nature of the people, the public resistance, and most of all, the cost. That isn't to say there wouldn't be more wars between superpowers, but I feel like first world countries get along fairly well now a days regardless of nukes.
>>
>>72139334

no

>deferring wars between superpowers

fixt
>>
File: cnv.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cnv.jpg
51 KB, 1280x720
>>72141698
The best warriors always survive and breed. This would've stopped Europe from getting pussified and things would be much better for everyone. Yes wars would still be raging all over the continent but so fucking what? Everyone loves fighting some commies or american scum. Oppenheimer was the worst fucking cunt in human history, and surprise surprise, a merchant.
>>
>>72141698
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
>>
>>72140961
>only reason they aren't used
okay
>>
>>72139334
eventually all those nukes will be used just imagine what the a mess will be
>>
>>72141698
World peace
Means fuck all of
Humanity is united and I don't mean the one world order
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.