[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Russia - "Not Free"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: Freedomhouse_Map.png (95 KB, 713x506) Image search: [Google]
Freedomhouse_Map.png
95 KB, 713x506
Why is Russia listed as a "Not Free" country by Freedom House? This is the same category as China, Cuba, and North Korea.

Russia may not be the most democratic place in the world, but they have multi-party elections and a (semi) independent press.

Is this just anti-Russia bias by an American NGO?
>>
Link to all country ratings

https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world-2015/table-country-ratings
>>
What does even ''free'' mean in this context?
>>
>>72138914
Russians have always loved autocracy, they are not ready to be free.
>>
>>72138914
>but they have multi-party elections and a (semi) independent press.
Only title of such things.
>>
File: putin.jpg (51 KB, 600x540) Image search: [Google]
putin.jpg
51 KB, 600x540
Please tell me you didn't actually buy into the "Based Russia" meme.

Russia is a corrupt, authoritarian shithole. Say what you want about how the media in the west is leftist but at least the government doesn't fucking assassinate you for dissent here.
>>
just because the government LETS you browse the internet uninterrupted doesn't mean that you're free, or just because the government LETS you say a few things that you aren't allowed to do in other countries doesn't mean that you're free.

we're as controlled as the chinese, or the russians, maybe even more.
>>
>>72139468
>>72139502
I'm not saying they should be listed as free, but rather "Partially Free" like Mexico or Turkey.
>>
>>72138914
Opposition leaders get shot or imprisoned regularly, and things like political misuse of psychiatry still happen.
>>
LOL Europe "free". You can get arrested if you write a online post opposing immigration, you can't really own guns, restrictions on pretty much everything. Murica is the only free country in the world.
>>
>>72138914
Russia is not as fucked as China, but fucked none the less, though there could be more levels in this map.
>>
File: russianargument.png (234 KB, 516x1599) Image search: [Google]
russianargument.png
234 KB, 516x1599
>>72139671

All national tv stations are state owned, along with 60% of newspapers. There is a detailed report on their website, or hell just check wikipedia for details

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_freedom_in_Russia

>inb4 western lies where is proofs
>>
>>72139696
>le Europe has no free speech meme
Western Europe is far from perfect, but it's rare for anything serious to come of an online post. If it was common, /pol/ would be deserted except for Americans and people in developing countries. The biggest restrictions on freedom of expression in Europe have nothing to do with "political correctness."
As for guns, I know that much of Europe still allows some degree of gun ownership.
>>
>America
>free

kekekeke
>>
>>72139121
The usual:
Controlled by Jews
>>
>>72138914
Oh hey another thread about Russia invaded by the asshurt belt, mindly posting same memes and making same token responses.
>>
>>72138914
Gee I wonder who made this map, seriously it looks like it was designed for children with the good parts of the world and the evil countries.
Of course NK is shit, but I think listing Russia as a dictatorship is pretty much blatant propaganda.

Also:
>America
>UE
>free
>>
>>72140192
>Anywhere on the planet, free

Wealth is the only measure of freedom
>>
>>72139671
>but rather "Partially Free" like Mexico
Dude glimpse at the Mexico parliament says that members could actually block laws of ruling government party.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congress_of_the_Union
In Russia since 2003 UR has 50%+ members and could pass any laws it wants without asking any other opinions into account.
>>
>>72140147

>If it was common, /pol/ would be deserted except for Americans and people in developing countries

This is because they can't be bothered to subpoena every time somebody posts shit anonymously. They will go after the people if there's not too much trouble over it (forums that operate within the country, Facebook etc). You start making half-serious terror threads on this board and it's probably the US intelligence services that are doing the tipping.
>>
>>72140664
>but I think listing Russia as a dictatorship is pretty much blatant propaganda.
Russia is pretty much a dictatorship.
>>
>>72140360
>Oh hey its another commies lover coming here to state the fact that he recognized some flags of the posters

congratz, human trash!
>>
>>72139121
i think it mean one's individual liberties such as freedom to browse information, purchasing power
freedom of circulation( no curfews/shariah zones)
based on that,this map looks almost accurate except for middle-east, China and best Korea.
but im not sure.
>>
Freedom house is pure bullshit. It is a welfare program for the democratic party. Look at their funding, a true waste of taxpayers money
>>
>>72138914
FREEDOM OF THE PRESS
>>
File: 1389898602136.png (353 KB, 428x510) Image search: [Google]
1389898602136.png
353 KB, 428x510
>>72138914
>but they have multi-party elections
>>
>Russia has multi-party elections

LOL - just shows you how much you know, faggot.
>>
>>72138914
Russia banned American NGOs
>>
File: 9815-mask_shaq.jpg (80 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
9815-mask_shaq.jpg
80 KB, 427x640
>>72140852
Is it better than communism?
>>
File: evidences.jpg (5 KB, 249x242) Image search: [Google]
evidences.jpg
5 KB, 249x242
>>72139502
Nice doctored image.

>fonts don't match
>random noise
>currency values don't match between pension and income (accounting for disparities)
>GDP doesn't match official values (contracted 3.7% in 2015, instead of ~33%)

>Russia less free than Venezuela
>>
>>72138914
>Why is Russia listed as a "Not Free" country by Freedom House?
1. Most media is in government hands.
2. Highest number of murdered journalists in the world, consistently, every year, since Putin came to power.
3. Controlled opposition
4. FSB plants even in the Orthodox Church
5. Gulag system still operating in a much smaller scale
6. No independent judiciary

I know /pol/ has a hard-on for Putin for some weird reason even though he's just a KGB-turned-kleptocrat but Russia is not a democracy.
>>
>>72138914
>Tukrey\ukraine
holy shit this is hilarious.
>>
>>72140852
Holy shit Ivan, run as far as you can. We dont want a /pol/ak to be shot dead.
>>
>>72140147
>le

Back to plebbit, faggot.
>>
File: 1461700968696.png (105 KB, 713x506) Image search: [Google]
1461700968696.png
105 KB, 713x506
>>72138914
I corrected the map for you.
>>
>>72141526
Weird reason? Putin is against mass immigration of Non-Europeans, against cultural marxism and hates the Turkey - shit, he would restore Byzantinum and Constantantinople, if NATO was looking at the Moon while whistling for a few months. Russia Stronk, Russia White
>>
>>72141411
Yes, it is. It allows personal economic freedoms, unlike communism. But who knows what awaits us in the future. Parliament unironically suggesting laws banning sells of foreign currency to the population etc.
>>
>>72140247
this
>>
>>72142420
This is why Russia has no visa immigration regime with Central Asia Islamic shitholes and Holocaust denial and stating that niggers have lower IQ than whites are felonies in Russia.
>>
>>72138914
>Turkey and Ukraine not on the same stage with Russia

i dont even care if that stage would be "not free" or "partly free", this map is utter bullshit
>>
>>72140856
Hey man, need some balmex for that asshurt? As an American, I can afford such luxuries.
>>
>>72138914

We don't have rampant homosexuality in our schools and media.

Shamefully unfree!
>>
File: kyle_why.gif (250 KB, 192x224) Image search: [Google]
kyle_why.gif
250 KB, 192x224
>>72138914
>Somalia
>Worst of the world
How? They don't even have laws.
>>
>>72144108
Laws can exist to preserve freedoms of others, like for example is that in US you have laws that protect minority groups from mob groups.
>>
>>72138914

"Free" means "part of the Atlanticist system"
>>
>>72144503
Hungary is in there, I wouldn't call Orban an Atlanticist.

Keep the Putin shilling though, it's fun to watch.
>>
>>72141443
10k/312=32
29,940/950=31.5
this is well within a respectable margin of error.
12400/206=60.2
33278/475=70.05
considering how volatile the currency was in 2015 I personally consider this margin acceptable.

I think the loss of gdp can be attributed to the fact that the russian ruble devalued ~50%
>>
>>72144108
the law is what the local warlord deems them to be on a given day. this is one of the reasons why anarchists are fucking retarded: they cannot comprehend that there will be individuals who will oppress people for self gain. in this universe there is only one absolute law when it comes to sentient beings and that is the person with the power will always have the last world in conflict resolutions.
>>
>>72144787
I wouldnt call hungary free either, neither economically nor socially.
>>
>>72138914

"Not free" is code for "Not the goodest goys"
>>
>>72140113
That's good. Private ownership results in hostile oligarchy controlling information. The state controlling it is a form of collective ownership.
>>
Ignoring the fact that the map should be disregarded by all nationalists, because it's basically a jewish map for: ''Countries we control and countries we don't control.''

But democracy isn't a ''default state'' either, just because a country isn't a democracy doesn't mean ''it's bad''. In fact, I believe democracy is the worst system of governance. Much like private ownership of information, a hostile foreign group eventually ends up controlling the democratic system.

I wrote this some month ago on /pol/, but Russia isn't a democracy, the leadership knows it and the people know it, but it's maintained as a meme just to avoid giving western propaganda free ammunition to be used to brainwash western public against Russia with ''See? They're not a democracy! We have to rescue them!''.
>>
>>72142420
>Putin is against mass immigration of Non-Europeans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ-MmqnNbm0
>>
>>72140710

welcome in democracy, retard, working as intended...
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.