[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2016 >being a trucker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: trucker.png (872 KB, 1293x825) Image search: [Google]
trucker.png
872 KB, 1293x825
>2016
>being a trucker
>>
good. fuck truckers. coked out hillbilly retards who endanger the lives of everyone else on the road.

cant wait till they're out of work
>>
>>72118397
Will this help make goods cheaper, or maintain their affordable prices?
>>
File: JP-ROBOT-1-superJumbo.jpg (809 KB, 2048x1323) Image search: [Google]
JP-ROBOT-1-superJumbo.jpg
809 KB, 2048x1323
>being a human
>>
>>72118397
Truckers will more than likely still be forced to sit in the cab to take over should the robot system fail. That seems to be the safety standard being developed for self-driving anything around the globe.

Basically Truckers will soon be spending a lot more time on mobile devices, which means right-wing shitposting is going to shoot up 5,000% in the next few decades
>>
>>72118397
They deserve to be unemployed. These articles have been coming out for years and each time they do truckers go into "I'm a special snowflake" mode and claim they'll never be replaced along with really retarded reasons including:

>I take the pallets off the truck. You think a dock manager is going to do that? (because no warehouse has a minimum wage laborer sitting around with for something to do)
>I protect the cargo from thieves (really Jethro? You're constantly fighting off hijackers?)
>Insurance will never cover robotic trucks (yes, insurance companies hate taking premiums at a rate their actuaries have calculated will make them a profit)

There are dozens of standard "I'm too important to be replaced" excuses. Thing is, even if only half of the truckers were replaced and the other half were doing deliveries that are too complex for computers, that would still mean a 50% unemployment rate, which would drive wages down to around the minimum wage. But truckers think they're special snowflakes and refuse to start making changes in their lives to adjust. They're going to get what their arrogance deserves.
>>
>>72118590
Hahaha you couldn't even wipe your faggot as if it wasn't for truckers, retard. What a completely idiotic statement.
>>
File: toll-booth-a2-poland.jpg (58 KB, 550x324) Image search: [Google]
toll-booth-a2-poland.jpg
58 KB, 550x324
>>72118397
#pay up
>>
>>72119014
Sure you could, if an automated truck transferred the goods in their place.
>>
>>72119160
Does Europe not have electronic toll collection?
>>
http://www.cbc.ca/radio/day6/episode-238-charleston-s-ame-church-the-blob-summer-books-driverless-trucks-more-1.3119902/will-suncor-s-driverless-trucks-put-alberta-truck-drivers-out-of-work-1.3119963

Not just regular transport drivers either
>>
File: 1455305890952.jpg (19 KB, 325x340) Image search: [Google]
1455305890952.jpg
19 KB, 325x340
>>72118397
>>
So now truckers will just fill gas in the tank and ride shotgun protecting the loot?

Sounds like a fucking awesome job to me.
>>
>>72118647
It will cost more for the company in the short term and up their profits in the long term. Prices are set differently but the hope is that it reduces costs for the consumer.
However, that only happens if shit isn't taxed to hell and any number of special regulations are put in place.
>>72118896
The real reason why drivers will be there is so someone takes the fall when the software fucks up. "You just weren't paying attention when the system failed, lets blame this all on you'
This also isn't including the people who own their trucks and have to take full responsibility anyways.
Once people trust them fully, then there will be a discussion about how useless drivers are just like any other industry.
>>
>>72119633
More likely there will be assistance vehicles patrolling a large area that can help a truck if it encounters issues.

1 person could easily supervise 20 or more trucks.
>>
>>72118590
In my experience, truckers are more predictable than anyone else on the road. It's the locals here that terrify me. It's a daily occurrence that some lackwit is driving toward me on my side of the line, his or her attention on a device. or, somebody cuts a left turn so deeply that I have to stop well before an intersection to avoid being hit.

I've actually been wondering what to do about it. At the moment, I just drive very, very cautiously. I'm unsure where to complain. I'm tempted to put up roadside signs around here, though I don't imagine it doing much good.

I do have one complaint about truckers, though. I lived behind a supermarket loading dock for two years. It would often take the bastards 15 tries (beep beep beep beep) to back up to the dock. Idiots.
>>
>>72119413
come on burger. that's the same as asking whether everyone in america is fat.

of course not
>>
>a week long
>more than 1000 miles

Assuming they went 1400 miles, that's only 200 per day. That's terrible.
>>
>>72119633
>So now truckers

No, now 9 out of 10 of them will lose their jobs. The remaining will get paid much more to sit at HQ and watch over the automated trucks in case something happens so he can take remote control and fix the issue.

Unemployment will rise, and then rise more when delivery services go this way, and then more then taxis go this way (on the plus side, no more uneducated foreign shitters coming to our towns to be taxi drivers for 50 years).
>>
>>72119872
wow sounds like you live in illinois
>>
>>72118397
"truckers" don't just drive the truck, they also load and unload the cargo, and usually have cargo for multiple destinations/shop locations. A self-driving system just means they'll drive safer and won't be so worn out on long hauls, improving safety and lowering deaths/insurance costs/truck damage.

It's a helper technology, not replacing the job. Unlike the McDonalds touchscreen ordering replacing cashiers.
>>
>>72118896
>i protect the carge from theives
to be fair man, your telling me that tyrone isnt more likley to rob the robot truck that doesnt have a human in it. it means that he doesnt have to worry about assault or murder charges if he does attack it. also EMP charges will fuck that right up, and while i doubt tyrone can do that, cartels and Muhamed can.
>>
>>72119967

yes, but they save money by being automated. they will get better. won't have to stop except for fuel.
>>
>>72119983
oh boy can't wait to have automation to ship all those consumer goods to all those people with no jobs and no money
>>
Question: How long before say, the roma figure out how to hijack, or stop an unmanned truck to loot the fuck out of it?
>>
>>72119983
>the remaining will get paid much more to sit at HQ
this job will probably be taken by a person with higher education. Rip in piss
>>
>>72118848
This.

We have had self flying planes for decades but for some reason, we still have pilots.
>>
>>72118397

Will driverless trucks aim for illegal immigrants?
>>
>>72120353
Probably instantly. The truck will just stop when it senses an obstruction and stay there until the path is cleared
>>
When these take over, the employment market will be fucked
>>
>>72120034
Somewhat rural Massachusetts.

The line crossings aren't sudden, so I typically see them coming. Their attention is elsewhere, and they gradually drift into the oncoming lane. Seconds later, they realize where they are and swerve back suddenly. I don't drive very much, so if I see the behavior consistently, it must be rampant. I guess they aren't scaring themselves into paying better attention. There was a handsome wreck recently on the nearly-straight woodsy street outside my house, but I don't feel like that's a good solution.
>>
>>72120654
B A S E D R I V E R
>>
>>72120654
[muffled eurobeat in the distance]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=382njADcWvE

This guy is my fucking hero. Wish I could get a proper set list of what he's listening to.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.