[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/ approved cities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: Gateway1[1].jpg (94 KB, 610x220) Image search: [Google]
Gateway1[1].jpg
94 KB, 610x220
Hey /pol/ so my fiance and I were trying to decide where we should move in a few years to actually start our lives and our family and just after a few days of my pondering this I stumbled across the City of Brooking South Dakota.
Seems like a pretty great place desu so I was wondering if any /pol/acs had any knowledge of this city, or if they had any suggestions of their own.
>>
>>72080088
The eloquence of your argument has led me to make a transition into a /cruzmissile/, which means that my vote will go towards Ted Cruz's campaign instead of Donald Trump's campaign. Cheers.
>>
>>72080088

Why not just stay near your families in your city?
>>
>>72080088
To be clear, our criteria where a low cost of living, and a low minority population, that's why we settled on south dakota.

>>72080168
Her family is from ohio, and both of us agree all of ohio is shit. On the other hand my family is full of degenerates who have actively stolen from me all of my life unapologetically. Not to mention where my family lives in kentucky the cost of living is crazy high as well as massive nigger and mexican populations.
>>
>>72080310

Prepare to be a rootless cosmopolitan then
>>
>>72080392
If my great great great great great great great great great great grandfather could leave scotland and start a life in America I fail to see why I can't do the same in South Dakota?
>>
So does noone on /pol/ have any suggestions on good cities?
>>
Brookings sucks, dude. It's flat and there is very little to do. I had to spend a few weeks there for business and it was excruciatingly boring. Everyone I asked for things to do just stared at me blankly.
Move to Salt Lake or Missoula or Boise or somewhere not shitty.
>>
>>72081557
>Everyone I asked for things to do just stared at me blankly.
What does this even mean bro?
I'm not some college frat kid he needs shit to occupy my saturday nights. I'm looking for a quite WHITE place to raise my family.
>>
>>72081947
Let me list some things you can do:
Drink
Watch hockey
There is a kids museum downtown
All you can eat kfc
Meth
I guess go to football games.
Hunt and fish. Admittedly great, but no topography.
Biggest problem for me was that it was so flat and surrounded by farmland with no forest. You know what, you'd probably like it there. Keep out of the cool towns and save them for the rest of us.
>>
>>72082403
>the cool towns
Again like I said. I am not some college kid who needs a ton of shit to do every single night.
To be honest that sounds pretty freakin great to me senpai. So no I don't want to live in a "cool" (translation; Black) City I want to live somewhere where my kids can run and play outside unsupervised, where neighbors know each other. Where I can go out for a decent meal with my family once a month.
But nah senpai, you're probably right, having night clubs and raves to go to is WAY more important than a safe wholesome place to raise my children.
>>
Actually, you should move to Detroit and redpill your children on blacks. Then move to a white city when they're teenagers
>>
>>72082860
This would be a good plan, other than the likelyhood of my children being murdered before they turn 13
>>
>>72082771
Did I mention clubs? Clubs suck man. I mean the outdoors with trails and woods for your kids to get lost in and have adventures. Missoula is in Montana. Boise in Idaho. Salt Lake in Utah. The whitest places in the damn country.
I don't even know why I tried, it sounds like you've made up your mind. Enjoy growing old in scenic brookings. Where, by the way, they regularly suspend open container laws so the college kids can you get shit faced in public.
>>
>>72080088

belle fourche south dakota is better OP. I lived in west dakota aka Bakken for two years. Really all of SD is very white and chill. Great people and most people just want to stand around all day at the gas station and talk.
>>
>>72081557

>Everyone I asked for things to do just stared at me blankly.

because they think you are stupid. If you cant find hobbies you are nigger tier.
>>
>>72080168
Because sometimes it's too fucking expensive, momma's boy.
>>
>>72083193
Bruh, the cost of living in Missoula is WAY to high for us.
Boise is 13% black and 17% mexican
and SLC is full of fucking mormons
The only one demographically we'd live in is Missoula but if we had that money we'd move to maine or vermont.

>>72083572
See we're just kind of afraid to live in western SD because of the tornados and shit. But yeah good people is kind of what we're looking for. I'm from West Virginia originally and people there are almost all some of the best people you'll ever meet. Noone is a stranger in West Virginia, but economically the place is just not realistic for us. It was a huge shock moving to kentucky for me because of the people. Everyone here is just kind of a huge asshole so if people in SD actually know how to talk to people that's just another huge selling point.
>>
>>72080392
Quit it with your faggotry.
>>
>>72080606
There's nothing wrong with your plan, the dude is just a Pajeet or a grease ball that couldn't imagine mom being more than a block away.
>>
>>72083829
Montana is oil country, same with North Dakota. At least there will be jobs in either of those places. I don't know particularly anything about SoDak, but that might work in your favor... Irrelevance is pretty fantastic.
>>
>>72084148
Jobs are another reason I was looking at SD in general. Their levels of unemployment are half the national average with almost 3 times the job growth.
There is a good chance my family will be poor our whole lives, but just so long as we can afford to live at all I'd be happy.
>>
have you looked at eastern idaho. specifically teton valley like driggs? way more cheaper than jackson hole in wyoming. you're in ID which is white plus in a white/white part of idaho but have idaho falls about 1 1/2 drive away for bigger city stuff and all the fun of jackson hole wyoming.

west side of the tetons is so beautiful, but it is increasing in price as people have no where to go from jackson hole.

look it up op, driggs, ID.
>>
>>72084665
>Hispanic or Latino of any race were 31.6% of the population.

I'm sorry I just can't
>>
File: 534209.jpg (350 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
534209.jpg
350 KB, 1152x864
>>72080088
I'm born and raised in Rapid City, SD. Family owns a lot of land between Mitchell and Chamberlain. Ask any questions.

Brookings is purely a college town. It's flat, it regularly gets below -40 degrees with windchill, there's no opportunity, and you'll have to drive an hour to Sioux Falls to do anything for fun or shopping beyond groceries.

(Black Hills is best Dakota. I recommend Spearfish/Deadwood/Sturgis but Rapid has the most city stuff if you're interested in that. Can't beat driving 25 minutes from home to be at pic related)
>>
>>72080088
Stockton or Bakersfield.
>>
SDbro here. I actually just finished with a job working for SDSU. Brookings is a nice town and it'd be a good place to raise a family. That being said, Spearfish SD is infinitely better. You're on the northern edge of the Black Hills, the weather is way better, and the area is as right wing as they come.
>>
>>72083829
There aren't really tornados west river. East river gets slammed.
>>
>>72083829
there aren't tornadoes in the hills. I've never even heard of a proper funnel cloud forming, let alone touching down, in my 24 years

that's more of a problem in the plains surrounding the Missouri River
>>
>>72085060
I'm happy to look at other cities, I just feel like the two of us are kind of set on SD at this point unless we get a ton more money.
But that said, neither of us know much about SD other than the cost of living is low, it's white, and generally conservative. As far as the weather the cold isn't too much of an issue for me. Like I said earlier I'm from WV and on the tops of the mountains it gets regularly insanely cold from wind chill. I'm just really open to any suggestions.
>>
>>72080088
Well what does your fiancé like? Is he more of a mountains kind of person or does he like the beach?
>>
>>72085060
The cities I posted are in South Dakota. I agree, it's the best state. Black Hills are just the only region really worthwhile in the state.
>>
>>72085391
Is sioux falls really that bad?
>>
>>72085520
Yes, I lived there for a year after college.

It has thousands of restaurants and not much else at all. The whole city reeks of the downtown meat packing plant, and the falls are backed up with dead and rotting fish that make the water foam up and smell.

Cost of living is trash, too. Houses are 3-4x as expensive as Rapid, maybe 2x as much as the newer Spearfish areas.
>>
>>72085520
It's a really nice town (I live there). The problem is that it's on the wrong side of the state. We've had crime go up in the last five years too.
>>
>>72085391
>>72085185
Yeah Spearfish does some pretty good, but holy fuck that crime rate. Shieeeet
>>
>>72081431
Colorado Springs isn't bad.
>>
>>72085857
Their crime rate is damn near zero
>>
>>72085857
What? Spearfish and rapid are totally peaceful. You might be seeing stats including the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation which is the poorest, most alcoholic county in the nation. They're totally separate from white people, though. Actual separate communities.
>>
>>72086007
>>72086035
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/sd/spearfish/crime/

It's not violent crime, but it's still higher than the national average. like you said though, it might be counting the Indians.
Not gonna rule it out because of that, just gonna keep a my guns where we can get to them.
>>
>living in a degenerate college town

No.
>>
just go for it. even if you don't choose the best city, it sounds like SD is the state for you two. have at it. when you move to brookings, if there is a city you would rather move to for whatever reason, job, things to do, etc, do it. maybe my suggestion is to rent first for a year, get a grip of the state then find the city that best fits you two.

i've traveled most of the lower 48 and from what you describe, SD is your ticket. natural beauty isn't there, but you are within a days drive to northern MN for example which is beautiful naturally.
>>
>>72086280
that's never a bad idea but we don't even lock our doors because there's actually no crime desu. Police are autistic about DUIs, which is a good thing but also probably drives numbers up.
>>
File: state-flag-south-dakota.jpg (33 KB, 600x359) Image search: [Google]
state-flag-south-dakota.jpg
33 KB, 600x359
>>72080088
Hey I I live in that state.

The population of that town goes from like 8k to 25k during the school year, and back down during summer.

Don't live there, OP. You'll get drunken college kids stumbling across your yard all the time, plus poorfags shitting up your local grocery stores all the time.
>>
Pine Island, MN.
>>
Hutchinson, MN.
>>
Look at states with highest annual GDP increase

other factors like laws and stuff, there is a decent blog that goes over benefits here

https://survivalblog.com/retreatareas/

economics growth https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_economic_growth_rate

I am from oregon though and love mountains but my state is becoming californiaized or whatever, am thinking montana becuase it still has decent mountains and some nice looking towns just looking around on google maps, I'd recommend actually drivign around and looking at potential places of course, can be pretty educational. Maybe try talking to people there as well.
>>
>>72085905

seconded
>>
>>72080088
I lived there for 9 months, interned at Daktronics in town. If you're going for engineering and want to stay in town, it's there or the 3M plant.

Girls are slutty as fuck at SDSU too; don't expect to find a wife there or down at USD in vermillion. I'm there now for grad school. Both are cesspools, really.

If you want somewhere to go in SD, make it Rapid City and the black hills region. Shit ton of stuff to do outside, industry is growing pretty steadily so jobs aren't a problem if you have a degree, and there's outdoor stuff beyond just fishing and game which the whole state has anyway.

Don't go for Sioux Falls either; bad city planning, smells of rotting hog from the packing plant and there's a leakage of Somalians/Minnesotans that are overly aggressive.

Regardless, no state income tax and property taxes are getting lowered here soon (next year) which will save you some money if you're planning on buying a home.

Need anything else? I know a couple of the SD boys in this thread too. Yeah you, you lambda faggot :^)
>>
>>72090806
>irls are slutty as fuck at SDSU too; don't expect to find a wife there
Haha well senpai, that won't be too much trouble seeing as I'd be moving there with my wife.
But yeahThe more I'm looking into the whole black hills area the more it's exactly what I'm after.
It's not flat, shits cheap, seems to be a good amount of job growth, white, conservative. No idea why I'm not living there already.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.