[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guard Stops Students From Singing National Anthem at 9/11 Memorial
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1444019346902.jpg (268 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1444019346902.jpg
268 KB, 1000x750
www.nytimes.com/2016/04/26/nyregion/guard-stops-students-from-singing-national-anthem-at-9-11-memorial.html

>Ms. Brown said her students learned from the experience. “We turned it into a teaching moment and taught them that even if you don’t agree with it, or understand it, you must respect authority,” she said.

>“The lesson learned here is always to respect authority,” the principal said in a telephone interview. “And I’m so proud of our kids for conducting themselves the way they did.”
>>
>>72072736
Isn't it just good manners to be quiet and reverent at a memorial and/or grave?
>>
>>72072736
>Taught them that evenif you don't agree with it or understand it, you must respect authority

Disgusting
>>
guard asks students to be respectful and teachers use this to try and get them to understand authority. makes sense to me.
>>
>>72072736
Silence and respect. There are signs.
>>
So fucking what.
>>
>>72072736
There's a time and a place for loud displays of national pride, this was not one of them. Respectful silence at the site of the dead.
>>
>>72073334
>>72073529
>The lesson learned here is always to respect authority
>always
>respect
>authority
They should have gotten a license for what they wanted to dob, but teaching people to blindly follow authority of any kind is misguided.
>>
>>72072934
That's what I think.
>>
>omg they couldn't sing the national anthem at a memorial site!
>Silence is posted at site

>omg I can't use my cell phone during a movie!
>signs posted that you cant

deal w/ it
>>
>>72072934
>>72073452
>>72073622
>>72073640
They allow performances with a permit
>>
>>72072736
The mosque across the street was complaining.
>>
>>72073629
when a person gets to their position in life by following authority it's probably impossible to relate why you might want to do otherwise.
>>
>>72072736
>>“The lesson learned here is always to respect authority,” the principal said in a telephone interview. “And I’m so proud of our kids for conducting themselves the way they did.”

we need to round up statists and shoot them
>>
>>72072736

>teacher getting it wrong

a place of quiet reflection is a concept to be respected. the guard is irrelevant.
>>
>>72073667
Why do we need permits for decorum at a grave site?
>>
>>72073334
>>72073452
>>72073622

That's what your British overlords said about the song when it was first sung you pathetic cucks!
>>
>>72072736
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5mmFPyDK_8

This is the real national anthem anyawy.
>>
>>72073889
That was war.
>>
Everything has to be about "me" these days. Good on that guard. This is a solemn place fucking shut the fuck up.
>>
>>72073889
They have the right to practice for their a capella concert wherever they want, except on top of a mass grave.
>>
>>72072736
>bunch if snotty teens poorly ding the national anthom
>tell them to be quiet and respectful

Sounds fine to me
>>
No one wants to hear a bunch of off-key teenagers sing the national anthem for attention when everyone else is trying to respect the dead.
>>
>pissant public school teacher/principal teaching students what they've taught students since the beginning of time
>nothing particularly unreasonable, unless you're the same age as the students and can't help but rage against le machine
>freedom cucks get stitches in their britches, screaming 17/76 gas the Brits as if being told to respect authority is one of Alex Jones' top ten signs that your country is turning into a totalitarian dictatorship
You also have to follow the law, I dunno if you knew that.
>>
>>72074754
>always respect authority, even if you don't agree with it
>always
>>
>>72073717
Underrated post
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.