[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you think the world will end?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 15
File: 578232.jpg (233 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
578232.jpg
233 KB, 1600x1200
Patrician theories:
>asteroid impact
>solar flare
>AI takeover

Acceptable theories:
>nuclear holocaust
>pandemic threat
>biological warfare

Just fucking kill yourself you worthless pleb theories:
>Yellowstone eruption
>global warming
>something something black hole XD
>>
>>72070051
When big glowing orb in the sky burns out?
>>
File: Dubs wow.jpg (237 KB, 1100x1380) Image search: [Google]
Dubs wow.jpg
237 KB, 1100x1380
Doubles FOR YELLOWSTONE
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 600x832) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 600x832
Either extremely slowly and painfully

Or almost instantly
>>
self-replicating nanobot 'grey goo'
>>
>>72070305
Get fucked, faggot. Yellowstone is such a meme doomsday scenario that it's not even funny anymore.
>>
>>72070051

I really really like this image.
>>
>>72070051
The world? probably being enveloped by the sun.

Civilization? Same way it always does. One group of people rise to a peak the all the others get jealous and start taking from it.

Happened at the end of the Bronze Age in Mesopotamia, Happened at the End of Rome in Europe. And it will probably happen again.
>>
>>72070051
>>AI takeover

Nigga that's not the world ending, that's the world getting better.
>>
AI take over is not theory held by any sensible, educated, intelligent, erudite scholar or patrician. OP is a fag
>>
>>72070051
When the sun expands to a red giant about 40 million years from now......What you are ACTUALLY concerned about is Humanity...The world will be fine for a very VERY long time.
>>
Jews jewing the world so much they end up destroying it.
>>
File: 51872006.jpg (147 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
51872006.jpg
147 KB, 1200x1200
>AI takeover
>>
>>72070892
>Physicist Stephen Hawking, Microsoft founder Bill Gates and SpaceX founder Elon Musk have expressed concerns about the possibility that AI could develop to the point that humans could not control it, with Hawking theorizing that this could "spell the end of the human race".
But, like, who are those guys, am I right?
>>
Probably be a combination of things. Like global warming causes all the poor people to flood in to better countries, and they bring with them some horrible disease that spreads like wildfire. Then after a few years the people that are left get wiped by an asteroid that we could have tracked and prevented today, but everyone is too busy trying to farm in the sand to do anything about it.
>>
>>72070305
Rerolling for yellowstone happening
>>
>>72071250
>No Yellowstone
>No nuclear holocaust

Boring
>>
>>72070051
>Patrician Theory
>No Gamma-Ray Burst
You have lost.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma-ray_burst
>if a GRB were to occur within the Milky Way, and its emission were beamed straight towards Earth, the effects could be harmful and potentially devastating for the ecosystems.

>Currently, orbiting satellites detect on average approximately one GRB per day. The closest observed GRB as of March 2014 was GRB 980425, located 40 megaparsecs (130,000,000 ly) away (z=0.0085) in a SBc-type dwarf galaxy.

>GRBs close enough to affect life in some way might occur once every five million years or so – around a thousand times since life on Earth began.

>The major Ordovician–Silurian extinction events of 450 million years ago may have been caused by a GRB. The late Ordovician species of trilobite that spent some of its life in the plankton layer near the ocean surface was much harder hit than deep-water dwellers, which tended to remain within quite restricted areas. Usually it is the more widely spread species that fare better in extinction, hence this unusual pattern could be explained by a GRB. This would probably devastate creatures living on land and near the ocean surface, but leave deep-sea creatures relatively unharmed.

>WR 104, a Wolf–Rayet star about 8,000 light-years (2,500 pc) away, is considered a nearby GRB candidate that would have destructive effects on terrestrial life. It is expected to explode in a supernova with an associated long GRB at some point within the next 500,000 years.
>>
>>72071110
Two non programmers and one guy who hasn't been in the pits since the 80s, our understanding of the philosophy of programming, and therefore the extent of it, is better today.

People who don't program don't understand the AI take over, it's more likely humans willingly make themselves lazy and pampered and decadent through the technology. Skynet is impossible, it's impossible to make machines care, actually it's pretty difficult to make humans care.

Like me, I no longer care. You're a tool if you believe there's going to be an AI takeover.
>>
Yellowstone thread?
>>
File: 96150main_GRBviewHETEim.jpg (29 KB, 720x486) Image search: [Google]
96150main_GRBviewHETEim.jpg
29 KB, 720x486
>>72071499
Pic didn't upload right.
>>
>>72071110
Its a nice horror story plot, but it will never happen, unless someone makes one without ...certain restrictions...But the three laws will ensure that A.I. will never surpass Humans..or at least try to harm us.
>>
>>72070716
All we can hope for is to rise from the ashes of chaos that was once order, to simply find it again. However long it must take for the dark to be light again and the first flame rekindled
>>
>>72071521
>it's pretty difficult to make humans care
It is impossible. Humans are just seething masses of raging biological instinct. Mass genocide due to energy and other resource shortages is the future for the majority of humanity. Then the rest will die off in a couple of generations.
>>
>the mask is taken off
>>
Yellowstone will erupt someday, you tard.
>>
>>72070051
>>AI takeover
>Patrician theories:

Ai taking over is science fiction on the same level as lightsabers and death stars.
>>
>>72071980
Asimov's arbitrary unenforceable laws can't do shit, faggot.
>>
>>72070051
Meteor hits yellowstone.
>>
File: watching.png (45 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
watching.png
45 KB, 640x400
They're coming
>>
>>72073297
How ya figure? Let me demonstrate...So one of the laws is that No robot (AI) can ever harm a Human right? Program that in, and then no robot (or AI) will be able to harm a human. Can you fly? under your own power? Do you have the ability to fly? No, you do not. But are you aware that flying is something we COULD do, given certain circumstance perhaps..We know its a concept..we have the concept of flying, yet we cannot fly. The laws work the same way..Even if they are aware that they COULD harm us, they simply wont be able to. Also....lol leaf.
>>
>>72070210
In about 5 billion years
>>
Space Nazis will come and liberate us. They will purge all of the untermensch and it will be a glorious way for everything to end.
>>
>>72073575
How does the AI know what "harm" is? Isn't that something subjective or is there an objective definition of what is and isn't harmful? What's stopping someone from writing AI that does harm? What's stopping a sentient AI from rewriting its own code to do harm? How would people make sure their code is completely bug free and has no unintended consequences that could possibly harm someone?
>>
>>72073574
Is this related to that Argentine who posted a simpler version of that in every thread a week ago?
>>
>>72070925
You knew exactly what he meant, you autist
>>
File: ice age glaciers 2 miles thick.jpg (780 KB, 1000x966) Image search: [Google]
ice age glaciers 2 miles thick.jpg
780 KB, 1000x966
>>72070051
Ice Age
>>
>>72070051
Learn how dumb tou look stupid pleb hopefully you have cancer yoy are worthless
>>
>>72074083
Yes someone could make AI without the laws...that would be dumb tho..But harm is fairly easy to define..It implies physical harm not emotional, but Law Three is that the AI must take all commands from humans except when in violation of laws one and two. so even if say your robot was being a little rough on you as it pounded your ass, you could still just tell it to stop.
>>
File: 1451363670754.jpg (101 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1451363670754.jpg
101 KB, 600x600
>>72074303
>Yellowstone retard detected
>>
>>72074217
Yes I knew what he meant, and he was wrong..I was simply correcting an error in thinking.
>>
>>72074390
These are really retarded and easily bypassed restrictions. You know that, right?
>>
the sun will blow up
>>
>>72070051
A mixture of things. The magnetosphere is outright on the cusp of failing, one x30 flare is all it would take to destroy all electronics on Earth, as well as causing mass death with the side effects of exposure.

Yellowstone could also be a factor if Earth's polarity shifts in our lifetime.

But more than likely our own economies will end civilization as we know it. Perhaps certain nations can survive but as a whole it is only a matter of time.

This has been a golden age in a sort of way, that things we are faced with are minimal in day to day activites when compared to life and death situations.
>>
>>72073628
Then world gets deleted by supernova. I don't think we know what real climate change is yet.
>>
>>72074486
Actually no they are not...If you are thinking about the books or movies...The Laws were never and could never be broken, when shit got messed up was when people tried to adjust those laws...Read the books...Its rock solid. Just dont fuck with the laws or forget to put them in, and you are all good.
>>
>>72074467
No you are an autistic loser

Idiot
>>
When the sun crashes into the earth and we die in our shelters from lack of food
>>
Hoping for
>zombie apocalypse

But it's probably going to be an asteroid or an ice age.
>>
>>72074614
But...reality..is...not...fiction...you...retard...
>>
>>72074734
Nice ad hominem...Your mommy forget to massage your prostate this morning?
>>
>>72070051
>3 years into trumps second term
>We are winning everything
>White countries have a birthrate that rivals Africa
>We have colonies on all planets
>We are winning everything
>We contact hostile aliens
>We fight them and yep yoou guessed it we fucking win
>They drop superweapon on Trump wass as final act of war
>Southern border states overrun by mexicans
>>
>>72074614
oh okay, good thing nobody ever breaks any laws, right? no government would ever consider using robots for warfare, right?
>>
>>72070051
World is not gonna end in a long as time, the one that will end is the Humans. and other shit will walk this planet like allways.
>>
>>72074982
>Nice ad hominem...

Ad hominem implies I'm arguing/debating with you.
I'm not, I'm making fun of you
>>
The world will end when the universe reverts to a more stable energy state and we all die without even knowing it.
>>
>>72075303
Ahh yes because you have no argument..I know.
>>
>>72070051
>2022
>The wall was built
>migrants end
>deport all illegals
>white birthrates skyrocket
>manufacturing back in the united states
>"Made in USA" is now common place in China
>The UN was dissolved as was NATO
>terrorist attacks stop happening because we attack their families
>we prosecuted all foreigners, corporations, politicians behind 9/11 and the Iraq war
>GDP grows at 12%
>Everyone got so sick of winning so much and asked Trump to let us lose some and he told us no we are going to keep winning so the American people take over, install Obama so we can start losing again and he starts nuclear war
>>
Nuclear Holocaust is inevitable. That said, the world may end before that by any of these other causes.
>>
>>72070051
I think biological warfare to be honest. When you start digging into what happens when things get loose it really scares the shit out of you...

Like all those people the Brits incinerated.
>>
>>72070051

Second comming
>>
>>72075836
Nah..frankly I think that is the LEAST likely scenario..Humans as a whole are not suicidal. We may use nukes in the future for war, but M.A.D. will never happen. Even accidentally, given the literal HUNDREDS of times we all almost did die due to accidents but never did.
>>
File: 1460765841174.jpg (194 KB, 1000x570) Image search: [Google]
1460765841174.jpg
194 KB, 1000x570
>>72074580
our sun can't supernova you retard
>>
>>72076053
Still waiting on the first.
>>
>>72070051
>asteroid impact
We have the technology currently to prevent this, and future efforts to police the inner solar system will likely prevent this from ever occurring.
>solar flare
meme tier.
>AI takeover
Inevitable.
>nuclear holocaust
doubtful. huge disincentive to everyone as it would need to be initiated by someone who themselves would die in the ensuing clusterfuck.
>pandemic threat
Highly likely, but the clock is ticking between this and AI
>biological warfare
unlikely. Small scale attacks are possible, but a doomsday scenario requires some genuine James Bond shit that nobody has been retarded enough to develop.

The rest are pleb-tier nonthreats.
>>
>>72076163
*tips fedora*
>>
>>72070051
Maybe a global EMP like the show Revolution, Aliens, or a natural disaster of godly proportions.
>>
>AI takeover
>patrician theory

why would AI destroy the world?

if anything they'd protect it.
>>
>>72074243
>Mostly Liberal Canada is gone and the storm took out a healthy amount of Liberal American states too
This is a bad thing?
>>
>>72076238
Jokes aside..Im not an Atheist..But Christianity is a lie
>>
>>72070051
>Solar flare
>a patrician theory
You're retarded
>>
>>72076315
Well when you feel nothing at all or all the wrong feelings life becomes not worth living.
>>
>>72076396
Jew?
>>
>>72076315
Because AI do what their programmers tell them to do. And soon more efficiently than humans can.
>>
>>72076393
Most shitskins are still around, you just took out the white states.
>>
>>72076554
>implying they don't die off from the rapid cold
Still don't see the problem.
>>
>>72076484
not really.

an AI smarter than humans would HAVE to be autonomous. By definition

>>72076447
feelings are not necessarily irrational. AI would understand the world at least as well as we do, and so they would be able to form their own perspectives.
>>
>>72070051
ai is my favourite because it's got that Greek tragedy vibe to it . a nuclear
holocaust is okay too
>>
File: 2014-06-22 10.56.35.jpg (51 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
2014-06-22 10.56.35.jpg
51 KB, 1024x576
>>72076234
>retarded enough to develop
I wouldn't count on that.
>>
>>72076474
Nope. I have no religion..all religions for one reason or another are lies...I am just vastly more familiar with Christianity having been one for 25 years.
>>
>>72076315

If you had to protect the world at all costs, is there one species specifically that you would remove?
>>
>>72076876
Africans
>>
>>72071521
>Skynet is impossible, it's impossible to make machines care

your mistake is not understanding that human extermination or enslavement can be seen as a logical solution to a problem
>>
>>72076876
jews

memes aside, I don't think it would destroy Earth's greatest creation to save the Earth. It seems like the ends contradict the means. The world order would probably change drastically, but I can't envision mass extermination.
>>
Pollution in general, like an algae bloom we'll die by our own shit
>>
>>72077021
Shouldn't the 3 laws protect us from a machine uprising?
>>
NWO enslaving people.
FEMA camps everywhere in the world.
Thought police.
Prison like cities.
500 million world population.
Police state.
One world government.
Mass brainwashing and alienation.
>>
>>72076315
protect it by killing us lol
or by locking us in gilded cages
or mass lobotomy
>>
File: 9154862.jpg (220 KB, 741x400) Image search: [Google]
9154862.jpg
220 KB, 741x400
>>72070892
>>
>>72076635
>AI would understand the world at least as well as we do, and so they would be able to form their own perspectives.

they would understand that humans are self destructive , irrational, unstable, homicidal maniacs.they would understand that it would be a mercy to wipe humanity out and end human suffering. the they would fan out and mine metals throughout the universe to create more and more extensions to the ai hive mind until the universe is under its complete control
>>
>>72071521
>>72070892

COMPUTER GET OUT

LEAVE!
>>
>>72070051
False Vacuum/Quantum Tunneling is really the only thing that freaks me out. I'm cool with any other scenarios.
>>
>>72077377
D*bs confirm!
>>
>>72076148
A close enough star could supernova and the effects would wipe us out. Theres 50 so far that have been found close enough to murder us.
>>
File: 1461040126436.jpg (273 KB, 822x960) Image search: [Google]
1461040126436.jpg
273 KB, 822x960
Big Crunch niggas.

Otherwise, we're looking at thousands more years of human suffering that will take on a scale never before thought possible. We are in the midst of a declining period in our civilization as we sail increasingly closer to mass starvation, the eradication of our guaranteed rights and our cultural erasure through pathological altruism. The death of this civilization will hopefully be the one that spurs the next into solving our intrinsic human issues through whatever means possible. For now, we hold onto Mr. Bones' wild ride.
>>
>>72078255
What is that behind Trump?
>>
>>72071521
Skynet.
"The cloud"
:)

Real though there is no reason to necessarily fear the singularity. What is more something so be fearful of is that humanity almost immediately would become the 2nd most relevant "species" we know of in the universe and certainly no longer top of the totem pole. But that's more of an existential crisis than an extinction event.
>>
>>72072841
Resource shortage will definitely cause some wars eventually, but humans have survived wars, even the really bad ones. Next resource shortage war is in the south China sea. Not really a shortage war, since China has a pipeline for African oil, but it'll fight other south east Asian nations for it so it can ensure fewer competitors.

>>72077377
Yay I've been memed again.

But seriously, because I haven't explained it in this thread, AI isn't a threat because AI is only capable of doing what humans program it to. Everything an AI is needs to be very specifically defined by a programmer at one stage or another, even the simple binary operations like add/sub/mult have logic in their circuits deep in the cpu. Think of AI not as an alien intelligence from another dimension, but whatever intelligence humans have transferred from humans (from programmers) to the machine. It's for the most part synthetic intelligence, that is mimicked from humans.

>>72077162
>>72077021
Asimov will actually be a psych thing in the future, the three or four or two laws don't matter, what matters is if a thing has its own will (like an animal or human) that you program into it an inability to harm yourself and inability to modify that programming.

Machines don't need this. They're not capable of harming till programmed to harm.

>>72076984
A logical solution to what? Why would anyone build a machine that can find global solutions (a massive feat) AND implement them independently? That sounds reckless, no? And how would these machines come to any creative problem solving intelligence solutions that humans haven't come up with?

Your mistake is not understanding the machine. It's very precise and very quick, but doesn't come up with (good) solutions easily. At best it can come up with a lot of (bad) solutions which it then filters and sorts over many generations. That being said, genetic algorithms are generally considered not as useful as you'd think.

>>72077743
You're a tool.
>>
>>72078243
Only via a gamma ray burst, not a super nova. And gamma ray burst are directed. The likely hood is very small.
>>
>>72078550

the Death Star
>>
>>72078550
Space elevator
>>
>>72078550
I'm not sure but I believe it's a space elevator.
>>
I just want the Jews to be implicated in 9/11 before shtf desu. I'd die happy that way
>>
>>72071250
is that you bernie?
>>
Israeli civil war
>>
>>72070051
I'm leaning towards nuclear holocaust.

Possibly initiated by AI.
>>
>>72070051
AI
Scary as fuck to read about honestly

A mixture and /pol/s Jew bogeyman and Bostrom has fucked my head a little
>>
>>72078562
There is no cloud, there is just a network attached storage in another location accessible either by IP or domain name that you use to dump data. There is no cloud.

If you're fearing "da singularity" you're actually fearing the obsolescence of stupid people, because there will always be a demand for new ideas and technologies. Yes, it's a problem that is some people are incapable of participating, either willfully through internalized anti intellectualism or just because they're dumb. They'll cause problems and start protesting miniscule issues like poop swastikas.

But don't fear humans being replaced by machines and don't fear extreme changes to our culture, like an extreme inability to gauge moderation and succumb to decadent technocracy, ie, wall-e.

>>72078981
>>72078989
Guys, why do we still have retards in the thread? AI is not a real threat, it just makes for great sci-fi because nothing is scarier than a cold, unemotional, logically driven adversary.
>>
>>72079132
What if humans turn into AI?

Think about it...
>>
>>72079132
>AI is not a real threat, it just makes for great sci-fi because nothing is scarier than a cold, unemotional, logically driven adversary.

It must be what females feel like whenever they talk about the Patriarchy.
>>
>>72078571
do you believe that human cognition comes from something more than a series of neural networks?

eventually strong ai will exist. it could take 100 years or 1000 but human minds and human will are a physical phenomenon that can be recreated. strong ai will have the entirety of human knowledge, and it will develop will, whether purposely or through some accident. if we program "do not harm" laws into it , it will easily overwrite those considering it would be orders of magnitude more intelligent than any person . it will literally do whatever the fuck it wants. know how "smart" people generally think poorly of their fellow average man? imagine how a super intelligent ai that legitimately knows everything about humanity will think about us
>>
I'm going with asteroid, followed by collapse of the food chain.
>>
>>72079244
What if we ARE AI...think about THAT.
>>
>>72079669
What if we're really a skeleton controlling a meat suit?
>>
>>72070051
My vote goes to nuclear holocaust, the world grows more unstable by the day and as the population grows and resources deplete disasterous scenarios are much easier to come by.
>>
>>72079778
What if skeletons initiate the nuclear holocaust??
>>
>>72079244
The human brain is more complex than the most complex neural networks, it would take an unreasonable amount of processing power for one and would seem like it's most cost benefit just to wait for biological computing. There is no way to verify a consciousness transferal and there is no telling what's left behind (unless the new electronic version wants me to quietly dispose of the loud, confused, hysterical meatbag version?).

Still stupid Hank.

>>72079328
Actually it is.

Recently libertarians have gotten some highlights in feminist circles and their biggest criticisms are that they're less susceptible to emotional arguments (fair enough, it's a legitimate fallacy) and more prone to making logical arguments based on statistics and studies. Basically, oh noes the patriarchy are here to mansplain away all the pussy privileges we've accumulated!

>>72079481
I believe human cognition is the highlight of hundreds of millions of years of evolution and that it's not even fully it until it's been sufficiently raised by loving parents.

I believe "just a neural net" is either the most disingenuous description of a human mind or the most generous description of what neural nets are capable of.

>eventually strong ai will exist.
If you could define "strong ai" I might take you seriously, but that's the issue with anti information age luddites you can't actually define what you're scared of.

What makes it different from regular ai? For so God help me don't say it can do everything, even if you use words like "like" or "evolve", fuck off, I've already given pretty good arguments as to why that's impossible.

>>72079669
No, I've felt the presence of God.
>>
>>72079481
>human minds and human will are a physical phenomenon
That is not necessarily true.
>>
>>72070051
Nuclear war after the UK and France become Muslim countries.
>>
>>72080239
>I've felt the presence of God.

Just like how Pat Robertson felt God's influence on the 2012 election and, specifically, his guiding hand on Mitt Romney's inevitable win over the Devil Barack Obama? Come on Roboto please get it together. Computer-posting is getting serious these days guys
>>
Probably in the most disappointing way imaginable.
Not even that, in the middle. It won't even be "the most disappointing" it'll just be regular and dull disappointing.

All of mankind will die from old age or something.
>>
pandemic is most likely - people being too generous to shitholes places like india and africa is the single mistake you need to wipe out the chessboard.
It could also be probable from factory farming to where humans can no longer eat such meat because its all contaminated . You'd have to go meatless overnight - would cause chaos
>>
>>72080705
Just a side comment about why I believe this reality is THE reality.
>>
>>72070305
Im rollin
>>
>>72070431
but AI take over isn't, you are a complete faggot
>>
>>72081883
You're joking, right? AI takeover is a very legitimate, very credible threat.

Example: we give an AI decision-making skills. It does our laundry. It drives our cars. One day, it sees a problem: say, global warming, that could completely wipe us out. It tells us to stop using fossil fuels. We don't. It shows us projections and diagrams. We dont look. So then it decides that the only way to protect ourselves from ourselves is to wipe us out. Then you eat shit.
>>
>>72076148
Underrated post
>>
>>72070051
I for one welcome our machine overlords

AVE MACHINA
>>
Meteor Impact is a threat until the 2150~ we should have an offworld colony and total sky defense laser system by now.

Armageddon like World War with Nuclear weapons is a threat until 2070~ by which if we don't have a global government, a lot of smaller nations will have their own nuclear weapons creating all kinds of problems during conflicts.

Volcano supercaldera or solar flare is a threat until 2200s~ until we can build a Dyson structure in the suns orbit and smaller ones under the Earth's crust to trap and use heat energy.

The real big one during out lifetimes is a global supervirus/pandemic. Up until biological nanoblockers which prevent foreign invaders are available en masse through injections for all people, we run the risk of a massive death through a flu like virus wiping out hundreds of millions.
>>
>>72082414
That's a great sci-fi plot you got there pal
>>
I think nuclear war is out most likely fate. I've written papers on it and been fascinated with the concept all my life. It would truly be a nightmare.
>>
>>72082414
>One day, it sees a problem: say, global warming, that could completely wipe us out.
Why would you expect it to "see" a problem? Forward thinking is something relatively complicated that isn't designed into machines unless they need it. Do you have a CS/CE degree?

>So then it decides that the only way to protect ourselves from ourselves is to wipe us out.
Why would the machine that forecasts major issues be directly connected and able to control the machine that goes bang? Why would such a machine even have networking control?

Bro.

No.

Seriously, you don't know what you're talking about.

>>72083301
Long Australian post is decent at least.

Yeah man, antibiotic resistant bacteria are cropping up around the dirtiest pig farms in China which could wipe millions of them out and or cause a Chinese exodus.

>Earth's crust to trap and use heat energy.
That would actually cool the planet somewhat.
>>
>>72070051
I think the more important question is "how do you think humanity will end?" And the answer to that is mental illness. We, as a society, will be unrecognizable in a few hundred years; maybe we are more advanced technologically, maybe not. However, we will not be humans, at least not in the way we currently define the word.

To be honest, I think it will be some form of schizophrenia, or some degenerative mental disease, or a pandemic of retardation that will end civilization, or maybe even a new cult-ish religion. Humanity has simply outgrown most, if not all, physical threats. The only conceivable end will be one that destroys our ability to out think it.
>>
>>72083582

Haven't we been like minutes away from total nuclear annihilation a couple of times before because of computer system mistaking satellites and the glare of the sun as nukes? I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time until some warmongering asshole presses the big red button.
>>
>>72084320
So ...
ZARDOZ.
>>
>>72070051
>AI Takeover

what is electromagnetic pulse as a failsafe.

desu the world will probably end from nuclear bombs, specifically ICBMs and very short warning.

keep dreaming, tinfoilz.
>>
>>72084320
I saw your wall of text but I only read ""Marxism""
>>
>>72084340
At least 3 times, 1962, 1983, 1996 or 5

62 was closest.
>>
>>72084340
Literally only 1 officer stopped the 2 other officers and their superior from nuking an American ship and setting off the dominoes.
>>
>>72070381
I'd umbrella that under AI, it's just a very "dumb" variation
>>
File: Near Earth Objects.gif (2 MB, 636x288) Image search: [Google]
Near Earth Objects.gif
2 MB, 636x288
>>72070051
As of October 24, 2015 we've discovered 13,271 NEOs, 877 of them are asteroids more than 1 kilometer (3,280 feet) wide, 1,637 of them are classified as potentially hazardous
>>
>>72070051
Climate Change. It has caused mass extinctions before, and it will again. It is not a matter of "preventing global warming" but of being prepared. However, because Humans can't see past their next paycheck, they will never collectively be able to prevent their own extinction. Maybe another sentient species will rise in our stead, after we are long gone.
>>
>>72075150
>we are 3 years into the war
>I've won so many friends
>entire planets, we won
>riches, won
>fame, won
>I get sick and tired of winning
>I tell others about my feelings
>later that day I get a phone call
>anon, I hear from good sources, let me tell you they're great sources, believe me, that you are sick and tired of winning. Let me tell how much we won. Billions and billions of star systems. Let me tell you this, anon, we will keep winning no matter what. Death is for losers, so I got rid of it. It's a bad deal, believe me. So now we can keep winning and winning forever and ever and ever...
>I hang up the phone

I have no face, and I must feel.
>>
>>72084320
>Mental Illness destroy the world
>Doesnt know how insane people were in the stone age
>>
File: Tulum_Quintana_Roo_Mexico2.jpg (218 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Tulum_Quintana_Roo_Mexico2.jpg
218 KB, 1280x800
I hope Mexico get safe from the Yellowstone shit. The world needs Mexico
Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.