[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Gender Wage Gap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: images.jpg (13 KB, 449x327) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13 KB, 449x327
Does it exist or not? I'm ill informed when it comes to the concept.

Politicians and media outlets use the term freely and with every confidence as though it has been definitively pin pointed as a real thing. Is the only evidence used by these advocates the surface percentages that show that men typically do earn more than women?

I see arguments that say the differences in the two percentages do not take into account other factors such as women being pregnant, working part time and all the other societal factors. When I look at this argument it seems pretty clear that women aren't actually being paid less (70c to every $1 or some shit) but just not working as much or in the right fields.

So why does everyone keep talking about it like it's a fact and something to be rectified by more policy? I'm not trying to start a shit flinging thread here I'm trying to understand, for advocates of closing the Gender wage gap, what evidence are they basing their argument on? Is it more than just that same figure we see all the time?
>>
File: 1459311672242.png (631 KB, 715x579) Image search: [Google]
1459311672242.png
631 KB, 715x579
>>72065910
no it doesn't you retard
that graph is the fakest shit i've ever seen
>>
>>72066014

The graph is just an OP image ignore it
>>
Not even the most hardcore,Marxist Jewish liberal academic takes it seriously.
>>
>>72065910
Even non-retarded liberals acknowledge that the wage gap is a myth at this point. This is not an issue that's even worth debating.
>>
>>72065910
No that is not a pay gap, that is a wage gap. They earn less money on average. For the same job women make around equal.
>>
>>72066190

Then why do (often elected) politicians continue to talk about it like it needs to be addressed?
>>
>>72066326
Jees, I don't know. Maybe because politicians are full of shit?
>>
>>72065910
Its very misleading. Men do make more money than women. But it isn't sexism.
The data represents all income for all people in the US. That includes owners of private businesses and minimum wage workers.
Its not a comparison of wages for individual jobs. A male accountant in the same office makes the same as a female accountant.
The disparity comes from the fact that men try to make more money. Men are more likely to work in Trades whereas women are more likely to be teachers.
So there are more men who are working higher paid jobs than women. That's all there is to it.
No sexism. No nothing. The pay gap is a complete non issue.
I believe its a tool to trap idiot women into voting for x candidate.
>>
File: 1434152394947.jpg (1 MB, 1000x4624) Image search: [Google]
1434152394947.jpg
1 MB, 1000x4624
It exists but not how mainstream feminist and media portrays it.

In fact, never married women earn more than men counterpart
>>
>>72066515

m8 I'm just asking
>>
File: 1441655677662.png (235 KB, 442x308) Image search: [Google]
1441655677662.png
235 KB, 442x308
>>72065910

It absolutely exists. But people get why it exists twisted. Liberals will have you believe that it is because mysogonistic heads of firms straight out of a script of Mad Men are denying women advancement even though she works oh so hard and thinks she would make a great leader (as if your self esteem and image ever the sole factor in your promotion). Most women however chose to be mothers and focus on their family rather than their career. And this is a good and Noble choice.

The irony is that feminism has fought to give women choice and now one of hot topic issues they keep bringing up as a problem is directly a consequence of women's choice. It has come to to the point where feminist have now become the stereotypical Asian parent that spouts of "YOU BECOME RICH SUCCESSFUL COMPUTER PROGRAMMER, MAKES LOADS OF MONEY" to their kid. Most women simply don't like numbers much like most men simply do not love fashion.
>>
>>72065910
It exists because women take low paying jobs more often because they prefer a cushy job to a well paying one. A kindergarten teacher will not make as much as an oil rig worker, for example, and women are physically incapable of doing the latter.
>>
File: hyde_laugh.gif (996 KB, 194x194) Image search: [Google]
hyde_laugh.gif
996 KB, 194x194
>>72065910
I'm an qualified person (currently at Uni) Working in health care. As an orderly I have next to no responsibility and have great working hours.

I make around $30/h (depending on time of day) this is a casual rate mind you. Most Nurses only make around $20 an hour and have much more responsibility and worse hours. The only time they make more is on weekends (none of them seem to ever want to work weekends)

I love making money
>>
>>72066913

I'm a registered nurse (and a dude). I work twice as hard as any female nurse. Every time there is a shit job that involves hoisting a fat as fuck patient or large man I get called. No matter what I am doing or how busy I am. Yet I get paid the same as the female nurse who cannot lift or roll the patient.

Basically women, even in traditionally female occupations, aren't worth the dollar they earn.
>>
>>72067304
Holy shit dude my job is to literally hoist fat people and move beds >>72067301

I honestly don't know why you'd want to be a nurse, they're literally the laborers of medicine. Go and be an anesthetist
>>
>>72067304
>>72067304
I'm taking up CNA classes. This is why I'd rather HHA

Unfortunately, gender equality means you do what women can't do and still get same if not less pay.
>>
>>72065910
if women are really as smart as men, why can't they find a way to get paid as much as men
>>
>>72066190
>This is not an issue that's even worth debating.
Yes it is. Liberals have made colleges so hostile to straight men that the average American college has a 60/40 female male split.
The gender pay gap is coming, and men will be making 70 cents for every dollar women earn in America in another 10-15 years.
>>
>>72065910
I love how it leaves off (East) Asians, who make more than Whites.
>>
>>72065910
Why do shills always write verbose boilerplate like OP here?
>>
>>72067759

>Liberals have made colleges so hostile to straight men that the average American college has a 60/40 female male split.

Tfw the wage gap if anything, has to do with most women falling for the college degree meme rather than taking up a trade.

>>72066913
the picture here shows this perfectly.
>>
>>72065910
Sort of. It does, but only in a way that doesn't matter. The statistics for it come from taking the average earnings of all men and comparing them to the average earnings of all women. This is then presented as "A woman will earn 77 cents for every dollar a man working the same job makes" which is horseshit. Studies show that the dependencies in individual jobs, when you control for things like vacations and what have you, is so small that what's left over can easily be explained by the fact that women ask for raises less often. The reason it gets repeated is because colleges keep teaching kids this shit and everybody on social media keeps repeating it.
>>
>>72066913
kek.

I'd honestly love to see feminists sent down the mine or sent to live on an oil rig. Who's with me?
>>
>>72067534

I'm working on Child/Family PMHNP at the moment. Graduate in 3 years as I am going attending the DNP program part time.

Nothing but 9-5 dealing with ADHD, gender dysphoria, and other angsty teenage shit in a few years. Can't wait to start subtly red-pilling teens.
>>
>>72068235
ouch mate, I can't say you're envied. The worst I deal with is a few people with Munchhausen disease who come back every few months with an infection.

I had a woman jam her wheel chair in an elevator once and just start screaming, when ever the nurse and I tried to pull her out she'd try and fight us off with her cane
>>
>>72065910
The wage gap is calculated by comparing the income of all men to the income of all women. It is not decided by gender at all, it is decided by what careers genders choose, the hours they work, and positions they hold. Get out
>>
>>72066326
Because unintelligent or highly emotional men and women eat that shit up so it helps get them votes.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.