[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sometimes I wish I could believe in God but why did they have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
Sometimes I wish I could believe in God but why did they have to make the desert nigger religions so irrational. No sane adult can take them seriously.
>>
File: 24.jpg (256 KB, 1200x1699) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
256 KB, 1200x1699
>>72051819
No one actually believes in God deep down.
>>
I wouldn't say i wished to be a christian but i do really want to have a christian gf and it makes me sad that if i manage to have one, she won't be with a christian
>>
File: 1460493885340.png (263 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1460493885340.png
263 KB, 750x750
I've actually invented my religion, because none of the already-existing ones satisfied me.
>>
>>72052458
>redefining fedora
please no
>>
File: 1453328348568.jpg (62 KB, 546x800) Image search: [Google]
1453328348568.jpg
62 KB, 546x800
>>72051819
They all need to be removed anon
>>
>>72052458
Can I join?
>>
>>72051819
I am Christian and irrational is not one of the criticisms I would assume that'd be used against my faith.
>>
>>72051819
I feel the same way. I really love the Christian religion, but can't believe in God. It just doesn't make any sense.
>>
File: palvie.jpg (252 KB, 800x1128) Image search: [Google]
palvie.jpg
252 KB, 800x1128
>>72051819
My religion is nothing but a private hope that there's some deeper meaning to the fact that we are conscious and can think and move and feel. I accept that life may be utterly an accident, and we have no evidence to the contrary other than navel gazing about the anthropic principle, but I hope there was consciousness before us out there somewhere that led to us. If not, if we are truly accidental emergent results of the blind laws of physics of this universe, I hope there is at least other intelligent life out there somewhere.
>>
>>72052417
> i do really want to have a christian gf
This is because you think only a christian girlfriend will be loyal to you, right? I'm not gonna say that is pathetic, but I suspect this kind of attitude is why you can't keep a chick in the first place.

>>72052830
>I am Christian and irrational is not one of the criticisms I would assume that'd be used against my faith.
That is an irrational assumption.

>>72053426
Christianity is a lot more interesting if you don't limit yourself to just the bible or the catholic canon.
>>
>>72054234
I did read The Divine Comedy, and that was fantastic, if that is what you are referring to as outside of the canon.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.