[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GMOs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Fast-Food-GMO.jpg (139 KB, 886x460) Image search: [Google]
Fast-Food-GMO.jpg
139 KB, 886x460
What's the deal with GMOs? Is it bad? I just read and watched link and i don't know anymore.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/18/news/companies/monsanto-ceo-gmo/index.html?sr=fbmoney042516monsanto-ceo-gmo0833AMVODtopVideo&linkId=23696382
>>
>>72020876
they dont really do anything

people dont like them because they think the earth is an organism itself
>>
>>72020876
Sounds like business is going good.
>>
Over 50% of foods consumed in America are GMO and 80 of hard cheeses use GMOs even if your going to pretend to care its too late. They don't hurt you anymore than regular foods. Still need to be tested and regulated but aren't anymore harmful if done right.
>>
For the past two years I dealt with the orchadist who created the GMO apple that is brown inside so that it could be marketed towards children snack boxes and not turn brown on its own, showing decay. They may have sold it for millions to companies but that is not what bothers me about the apple. Like any fruit growers I deal with, organic or not, they all use heavy chemicals for pesticide, herbicide and fungicide on their fruit. Washing your fruit is almost not enough as some stay inside the fruit regardless. Also, in Canada we still sell 2,4-D as a herbicide. Enjoy the Agent Orange.
>>
>>72020876
No they aren't bad, when bacteria build up resistance though we r fugggd
>>
>>72020876
GMO's aren't particularly bad.
The problem is that they are really new, not researched properly yet and made available like it's the usual stuff.

There are researches done that conclude that (some) GMO's could indeed lead to illness x or damage y.
On the other side, there are companies that profit of these that pay scientists to lead to certain results. The FDA is a lot easier in allowing certain GMO's to be used or additives to be added. The EFSA is a lot more cautious and stricter.

People choose not to consume any GMO's because they either don't support the cause, they are skeptic on whether it is safe or not or are scared.

Take a few hours on an off-day and research GMOs and additives and decide for yourself whether you want to continue eating them.
>>
>>72023852
Every year orchadists have to switch to heavier, more toxic fungicides and insecticides for this reason. Only herbicides seem to be free from this. Bugs and mold and other forms of rot are quickly adapting to the poisons so in a way we are already screwed.
>>
>>72020876

Don't listen to shills here. It is literally human poison.
>>
The concern of GMOs are the potential uncontrollable enviornmental damages they could upbring through horizontal breeding

I'm not concerned with their effects on humans
>>
>>72024413
Nothing is free from /any living organism/ building up a resistance, it's going to be a serious problem sooner or later,
>>
>>72025020
Again, it already is. I see it everyday at my job. Cherry growers are by far the worst.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.