[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think that there are a lot of younger anons getting on /pol/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
I think that there are a lot of younger anons getting on /pol/ that are either just starting out, or are just about to start out on their own. So I'd like to start a general /pol/-tier advice thread, where the young ones can ask questions, the old ones can give advice, and everyone can pass on little tips to help stretch the dollar further (although it isn't limited to that).

For example, if you're just starting out, and looking for a great way to save money shaving, you can't go wrong with a safety razor. Blades typically last a week, both the gel and the pucks of soap last forever, as do the brushes. It's a bit of an investment and a very small learning curve, but you can get a year of shaving for under $10 after the initial investment.

If anyone has any questions, or wants to give any more tips/answer said questions, feel free.
>>
>>>/soc/
>>
>>70303822
It's not a thread about rating faces, bodies, or lives. That's an inappropriate board.

This is about people who actually know their shit passing it on to some of the less informed.
>>
>>70303776
>>>/soc/
>>
>>70303776
How does I into barrel roll?
>>
I'll bite. I'm 19. Should I get a credit card and make my small purchases that I pay off every month to get a good credit rating? Or is that a jew meme?
>>
>>70303776
If you want non-degenerate women and you aren't religious (so rule out churches and related groups), where do you find them?
>>
>>70303883
Ya sorry I thought /soc/ was 'social'. Same diff.
>>
>>70303954
It's a good idea, but keep in mind you build credit by paying rent or utilities, or taking out an auto loan, as well. The auto loan has required interest but the other two do not, so unlike with a credit card there is no risk.
>>
>>>/soc/
>>
>the more you worry about getting laid, the less you get laid

>don't join the military unless you have no other prospects and stay to make a career out of it

>go into higher education and for fuck sake choose an employable subject

>never cheat on the woman you love, shit will eat you hollow

>don't stay in a job you hate, it will turn you into a bitter miserable fuck

>don't ever trust anybody to do anything right if it directly effects you
>>
>>70303954
Yes. Only buy shit you know you can 100% afford. If you want to buy a house or something in the future, they will need a credit rating to judge your worthiness of owning a piece of land.
>>
>>70303954
Depends on your life goals. Do you want to buy a house or a new car?

If not, I would recommend that you don't do it. However, there is a middle option, as a "Just in case," called a secure credit card.

You pay up front, and pay it off every month. Builds your credit fast. Good for people who went through bankruptcy, too.
>>
File: 1445992247581.png (384 KB, 347x790) Image search: [Google]
1445992247581.png
384 KB, 347x790
What does this have to do with politics, you dumb dickhead?

There's an entire fucking board for crap like this.

/adv/ - ADVICE

So tired of you lifeless goobers who treat /pol/ like it's your blog. Go get some friends or have a real family you loser.
>>
>>70303776
>shaving with some dangerous ass blade that can damage your face just so you can save a few pennies

I'll stick with the Fusion Proglide.
>>
>>70303954
Credit cards and debt are slavery, there are better ways to build credit than CC. Don't get one, they are definitely a jew trap.
>>
>>70303954
My brother leased a car to do that

>>70303976
Library or book store

The sooner you learn to stop caring the better. Never care what people think about you unless they're your bosses boss, your girlfriends parents, or your children.

p.s. fuck off and kill yourself OP, wrong board
>>
>>70303976
I second this. Most girls at my college that aren't sluts are degenerates that eat like shit, don't care about their studies, and are just there because Mommy and daddy paid for them to be social for 4 years.

Does lack of drive or desire to overcome the self turn anyone else right off a person or am I just autistic?
>>
>>70304221
You're confusing a safety razor with a straight blade. A safety razor does no more damage to you than a Mach 3 or Fusion.
>>
I wanna tatoo a swatiska on me
any advice ?

(Pss ... rare flag)
>>
>>70304235
The other ways would be?
>>
Buy guns and ammo because they always go up in price. Invest in a cheap rural property to give yourself a later life retreat. Don't worry about finding love; it's not worth it if it ain't working for you.

Also, don't be afraid to take a "demeaning job" just if it gives you a step forward. I had a college degree, no job prospects, a took a damn near minimum wage overnight job at a grocery store putting shit on the shelves. I later became the night boss, then an assistant store manager, finally becoming THE MANAGER at another location and then leaving to start my own business.

Start low and work yourself up in a guaranteed industry where illegals and visa workers aren't crowding the space.
>>
safety razors are for faggots. they're uncomfortable and it takes like 5 years just to get your money back on the handle
>>
>>70303976
There's no single location to nail one down. I found the woman who became my wife at Walmart. She was a virgin until engagement.

Been married for 5 years this June. She was 21 when we started dating.
>>
>>70304088
88 i r8 8/8 gr8 m8
>>
>>70304265

I noticed this too. Why are the few western women left that aren't sluts and whores like that? They seem to all be depressed, eat bad food and be very low energy all the time. Maybe they are demoralized?
>>
>>70304321
1st rule of /pol/ club... Don't reveal your powerlevel.

But if you insist, get it on your gooch. Any girl that's crazy enough to put her face there won't mind a little friendship windmill
>>
>>70304321
A FUCKING TREE
>>
>>70304321

Practically uncommon nowadays tbqh senpai
>>
>>70304321
I would generally advise against getting a tattoo. If you choose to get one, get one that is not easily visible, or is non offensive.
>>
>>70304221
>using the disposable cartridge jew
>>
>>70304368
I got my handle for 25 dollars. That's about what I was spending every month on Gillette stuff.

But if you are insistent on disposables, then try the Bic razors.
>>
>>70304221
>safety razor
>dangerous ass blade that can damage your face
Are you retarded?
>>
>>70304446
Ok, so I think that a Swatiska is a bit ... offensive right ?
Offensive against who ? Jews ? Mindless sheep humans following jews world's ruling ? "Nazi are bad ! Nazi are terrible"
>>
>>70304394
Just curious, where do you go to school?

They aren't very intelligent either. It's funny, I hang out with a group of 12, very diverse in studies (engineers to Phil to sociology to education to compsci) and 5/6 guys are fit/lift, and use /pol/, and have intelligent discussion. I don't mean this in a Fedora tipping way, but we debate and challenge each other. On the other hand the 6 women are all overweight, addicted to social media and Starbucks/slurpees and just have a degenerate vibe about them...
>>
>>70304394
Only 1% of available women are marriage material in the west. At least, that's what personal experience has taught me. If you're constantly looking, expect it to take 4-8 years to find one.

Also, nobody takes you seriously until you're 35. This is both professionals, and women. Enjoy your youth, but take the steps to be successful that you need to take.
>>
>>70304398
I fell in love with your humor !
>>
>>70304566
Offensive to anyone who is offended by Swastikas. Which is a fairly large chunk of the population.

If you wanna get one, then get one, but be prepared for all the consequences of that decision. I would say that the bad outweighs the good.
>>
>>70303776
Is the manlet thing really true if you're under 6'0 or is it just a meme pushed by the insecure.

Also redpill me on hookup culture and why celibacy would be better than indulging in it
>>
>>70304648
You are kind of true here.
Then, how can we "protest" against this society being fucked up ? Run away to antarctica and live there ?
>>
Always pay your bills on time.
Don't buy anything frivolous until bills are paid.
Keep money saved up for a rainy day. For stuff like getting your car fixed, losing your job, etc. at least enough money to live at your current standards for 3 months.
>>
>>70304249
You pick the one set of people nobody cares about, why not add lawyers, judges, and accountants to that list if you are going to put in-laws?
>>
>>70304747
Good advice
thanks bud
>>
Who here has a weapon in their room by the bed or something? Talking real self defence only here.
>>
>>70304687
Meme. I'm 5'9" and have met men shorter than me that are more successful with the ladies. One was a wrestler. Met a welterweight boxer that was my height that was more successful than me. Had a scholarship to a uni near me.

Women are attracted to success. You can call them materialistic whores, and that's fair. But it's ingrained in them. It's instinctual. Just like you lust after women who appear young and healthy.

That said, if you are self conscious, you appear weak, not successful.
>>
>>70304687
>>70304687
I'm 5'7. Always been outgoing and loud. I definitely see the advantage to being tall, hell my 6 feet + friends have a presence I could only hope to achieve when they walk into a situation.

But I don't let it bother me. I lift so if you can't get taller get bigger. I don't know. I'm just playing the card that I was dealt and don't really give a shit.

Most CEOs are tall? Good. I'm an engineer, you don't see me anyways. It's just about the attitude I think. Don't let it bother you.
>>
>>70304192
>What does this have to do with politics, you dumb dickhead?
>There's an entire fucking board for crap like this.

There are nothing but retards hanging out on /adv/ - teenagers with zero life experience trying to give advice.

People here are older and more jaded.

>>70304368
>it takes like 5 years just to get your money back on the handle

Why would you buy a /new/ expensive handle for a technology that's a century old?

Hell if you must have a new one and hate ebay and flea markets, get them from China and they're dirt cheap. Same shit you'd buy here too, only without the markup.
>>
>>70304687
Look at your friends relationships or relationships around you. See for yourself if the women are usually shorter than the dude.
>>
>>70304687
>Is the manlet thing really true if you're under 6'0 or is it just a meme pushed by the insecure.
Its a meme, i have plenty of friends under 6 feet that have no problem getting laid.

>Also redpill me on hookup culture and why celibacy would be better than indulging in it
It makes you feel good for a short time but after that you either feel nothing or you feel like shit because you got an STD or a crazy batshit insane women causing drama in your life. Either search for a partner, get a partner, get a steady fuck buddy or stay away from it all.
>>
>>70304742
By speaking out using logic and common sense. This begins with tearing down people into libertarianism, and then, once they've seen the logic in letting go of their own beliefs, you employ logic and reason to try and make them "see the light."
>>
>>70304333
Always pay your utilities and rent on time, they report to your credit. Like the previous anon said, auto loans and personal loans report as well, and don't have the high interest rates of CC. Fuel cards aren't too bad, since you don't carry a balance on them, just pay them off every month. Credit rating is really only important when you're buying a house, or trying to finance other things- I fell into the trap of a "good credit rating" and it's taken me 15 years to dig myself out of it.
>>
>>70303776
do heavy deadlifts yo
>>
File: 1457557844939s.jpg (2 KB, 122x125) Image search: [Google]
1457557844939s.jpg
2 KB, 122x125
>>70303776

Mr shekelborn has come across a warehouse of old style razors and is trying to push them on pol.

Low even for you, shlomo.
>>
>>70304321
The inside of your lips and if your dentist asks, tell them you have no idea how they got there, but you used to be in a frat.
>>
>>70304920
This is an important post. Lots of people will start off their adult life with a credit card. It might even go well for a couple of years, where they start raising your limits.

Then you'll hit some hard times, and really fuck yourself over.

This is why I prefer using a secured credit card, or a bank account that doesn't allow overdrafting, like the bluebird account. In that one, EVERY time you write a check, you need a preauthorization number, which takes the money out of your balance instantly.

There are obvious drawbacks to this, but it's really better to play it safe.
>>
File: 1409998983809.jpg (209 KB, 800x681) Image search: [Google]
1409998983809.jpg
209 KB, 800x681
>>70303776

This is my secret. I don't tell anyone that this best way to shave, let alone the cheapest.

I don't want my fucking blades to skyrocket in price because you fags think it's "manly" or some shit.

It's practical and cheap.

STAY AWAY FROM MY SHAVING SECRET NORMIEES

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>70304925

Why?
>>
>>70304988
Nah, I didn't specify which handle or which brand of razor to get. The jewish option is to pay absurd amounts of money for a Mach 3 or a Fusion.
>>
>>70304568
>>70304592

I live in Ottawa. I already went to school. I've always noticed this though.

I always say - *almost* all *western* women are sluts and whores. But I don't think *all* women on the planet are like that. I don't want to sound like a whiteknight faggot here, but my own theory is that the women that aren't sluts and whores are demoralized because they aren't being appreciated. They see all the sluts and whores being validated and treated nice, and then they see how they themselves aren't recognized or rewarded for being decent women. That's my theory, anyways. Women are fragile, so it must drain the life out of them.
>>
>>70304341
>Buy guns and ammo because they always go up in price
Lol this is totalbullshit. Guns can't keep up with inflation and need to be in unfired condition to keep their value. On top of that you need to find a buyer that won't haggle or pay a shop 15% consignment fee. Same with ammo. There are edge cases where some rare or low volume gun becomes a collector's item but it takes years & LUCK. Worst case is they get stolen or have to get money fast and go pawn or sell them to a gunshop for 30% market value.

Better off investing that cash into an index fund.
>>
>>70305096
If you're like me, you're getting your blades from across the pond anyways. I doubt very much that any particular brand would go up in price.

>>70305138
You're right to a degree. No matter what women say, most of them find validation in men. Most men want to fuck, and the taboo is gone. Easy to see why women do what they do.
>>
>>70305196
I'm not going to argue your point, but bullets and lighters are more valuable in a national crisis than gold and silver.

On the other hand, in non-crisis times, precious metal is a good way to go. I don't trust the stocks, due to all the money getting dumped in them.
>>
>>70305138
But none of the shit they do deserves validation...

I subtly call this one chick out on everything so does.

>6 snapchat stories of her playing with her young cousins

Get off your phone and enjoy the kids

>I'm going to watch every season of the Simpson's this summer!

Or you could... Learn a skill? Something marketable? Meet someone that can move you up in the world?

>I'm always so tired I can't get anything done

Up till 5am and constantly consuming sugar

Like does anything they do even deserve a good job?
Or is the secret here to validate their bullshit, take them under your wing, and teach them to not be degenerate, in which your reward to them is a lifetime of the red pill and eventually a ring and two beautiful Aryan babies?
>>
>>70305312
You're doing it wrong. Attention is a form of validation. If they want your validation, they would prefer the carrot, but aren't beneath taking the stick.
>>
>>70304391

You found a 21 year old virgin?

Is she a sperg? A land whale? A gremlin? A home schooled country bumpkin? Or a highly religious autist?

Or all of the above?

Attractive 21 year old virgins that aren't spergs or religious nuts simply don't exist, they're unicorns.
>>
File: quantative easing q3.png (42 KB, 832x467) Image search: [Google]
quantative easing q3.png
42 KB, 832x467
Read history and realize that everything goes in circle and that nothing lasts forever. Get ready for it or you are going to be fucked.
>>
>>70305420
Makes sense. So what your saying is by calling them out, youre still feeding them.

Ignoring them is the best way to make them change?
>>
>>70303954
You don't need a credit card to get a decent credit rating

You don't need a credit rating to get a haus or car.

The intent of a credit rating is to assess whether or not you can/will pay back the loan given to you. The better your rating, the less you will be fucked over on your interest rates if you do take out a loan.

The easy way to avoid this situation is to just never take out a loan to begin with. Pay for things straight up; you walk into a bank and hand over 150,000 for a house, they aren't going to say no.

But if you have to get a loan from them, then you need to show you can pay them back somehow.

In the absence of a good credit rating, you could instead do what people have done for hundreds of years before you, and give the bank some kind of collateral.

This is what Jews like to do with their money-laundering "art museums". They get bullshit "art" overpriced at millions of dollars, and then use that as collateral for loans from a bank. The bank gets an appraised work of art that's "worth" millions, but is actually worth a couple hundred bucks, and the jew walks away with a fat cheque.
>>
>>70305479
Correct. They care more about attention than whether it's good or bad.
>>
I want to have a child to pass on my genetics and surname. But to do this I would need to find a wife and get married which doesn't seem likely since women are needy, greedy and don't want children nowadays. Mostly western/east asian women are like this. It's like they're trying to go extinct.

Are mail order brides degenerate? What about Surrogacy? I'm really considering these options. What's the best way to go about these things.
>>
File: 1444499510193.jpg (90 KB, 933x960) Image search: [Google]
1444499510193.jpg
90 KB, 933x960
How do I stop loving the only girl I've ever loved, still love just as intensely and in a different time I believe could have been my Eve.

I cant ever be with her again, she started sleeping with someone else, and lied to me for months.
>>
>>70305464

>Not wanting an attractive virgin Christian nut

*tips*
>>
File: 1415126782071.jpg (66 KB, 500x620) Image search: [Google]
1415126782071.jpg
66 KB, 500x620
How do i talk to people?

Every time I'm with someone, even family, It's just quiet, and conversation is very one-sided -me answering questions and having nothing to else say or ask in return until they give up- and if there's 2 other people, It's just them talking while i listen.
>>
>>70305635
people are natural narcissists and love talking about themselves

so you ask them questions about themselves and seem interested, even if you aren't.
>>
This is such a nice thread.

Why cant pol be more like this?
>>
>>70305603
How could you possibly love someone like that? Even if you could get her back, how could you trust her again?

You need to remember that she's not a goddess. She can do wrong, and she DID do you wrong. If you can't see that, then you aren't ready to be in a relationship, because you don't see yourself as valuable.

>>70305635
I would recommend watching movies that women like, because that is generally what the lowest common denominator is like. I can't believe you're on a politics board, and can't find a way to bring up a subject that everyone has an opinion on, and get a good, friendly debate going.
>>
>>70305312

Well, women are weak. We are better than them. When we get demoralized, we powerhouse it and keep going or just shoot ourselves in the head. When they get demoralized, they either surrender, or carry their weak selves through life on empty fumes.

I've been accused of being a severe misogynist before, but I only hate sluts and whores. I'm a misogynist towards sluts and whores. Women that are normal, and caring, and not sluts and whores, I have a soft spot for them. It would be awesome if I could find one and "redpill" them further, but they do not exist as much as /pol/ says they do. Sluts and whores are the norm now. But you, anon. You say you are around a number of women that are normal and decent and not sluts and whores. You should take advantage of that, because women like that are like finding gold at the bottom of the ocean these days. You can do whatever you want, but I would recommend you don't waste those opportunities. It makes me sound like a whiteknight fag, but I think those decent women want to be validated somehow and they are too weak to learn new skills as you suggested.
>>
>>70305472
If everything is going in circles, there's no need to be ready
>>
>>70305588
That is something that I can't imagine many people on /pol/ have experience in.
>>
>>70305635
>It's just quiet, and conversation is very one-sided -me answering questions and having nothing to else say or ask in return until they give up

Ask questions.

Don't you see that's what they're doing? A conversation continues because there's a back and forth, give and take. You're being a conversational dead end until they give up.
So don't be.

>if there's 2 other people, It's just them talking while i listen

Talking to people is an activity you participate in, not something that happens to you.

You're overthinking it. Just ask questions and give opinions or anecdotes. That's all it is. If you can shitpost on 4chan you can carry a conversation.
>>
>>70305635
My advice: most people can be very talkative given the right circumstances. For example, im sure you have at least one friend or have had friends in the past when you would ramble on about literally anything and everything for hours.

The problem is being tense and over thinking things. When you become that way, you dont want to say very much. And in turn, the few things you do say, people overanalyse. Its a circle.

Just get used to saying whatever is on your mind, and having fun with it. It comes from using your brain in a more creative way.
>>
>>70305748
I'm not trying to get her back. And I know she absolutely did me wrong, but my feelings haven't changed.

If I could stop seeing her face before me every morning before I wake up, I would, if I could stop my thoughts from wandering to her every sedentary moment, I would. Yet it's been nearly a year, and I still imagine her eyes looking at me every morning, as vivid as ever.
>>
ok lads some quick advice from me:

>don't do a meme degree like i did
>if you did pick a meme degree, enjoy yourself as much as possible
>the skill of talking to people effectively is the most important skill you can learn
>if a friend is late meeting you constantly, don't be friends with them, they don't value your time
>every white guy should go to SE Asia at least once in their life, it's pussy heaven
>>
>>70305852
There are some more oldfags with families and shit on pol than other boards as far as I can tell.
I'm not one of them, I dont know shit
>>
>>70305956
I don't know what to tell you, man. You don't want her back, and yet you won't let yourself let go of the past.

Every second you think about her is a second wasted, yet you continue to let yourself do it. Get up, and move forward.
>>
war is coming

http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/67232630/

https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/67772911

your cell phone/tablet and possibly even computer/monitor/tv are weapons if/when

http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/68734546/

crazy days

soon

---

what else?

you are what you eat. clean water = clean mind

food without hormones, pesticides, added chemicals, etc. is the way to go

organic = good

avoid factory farming, it is inhumane

avoid dairy entirely; inhumane (even organic) and infantilizing. milk is for babies. cow milk is for baby cows
>>
>>70305635
Just look them in the eye, smile and bullshit. If you get an awkward silence just ask them what they are doing, if they enjoy it, what they plan on doing next, what they think about certain things. After a while you figure out what kind of person you are dealing with and then you can lead the conversation to different subjects that might be enjoyable.
>>
>>70305998
That's true. I'm one of them. That said, mail order brides are pretty niche for a reason. Mail ordering a woman is like mail ordering a rabid dog for security.

It could work out, but I wouldn't want to take the gamble.
>>
>>70306046
But how?
>>
>>70306174
Do other things man.
Go to the gym, get a dog, meet new people, anything you can think pf that os not self destructive
>>
>>70304687
5'7" here. Truly, some girls have a fixation on tall guys, but, well, it's more a question of preference. It doesn't bar you from anything significant though if you don't let it get on your nerves. Lifting, reading a lot or having an interesting hobby largely help.

It's like playing life on a slightly harder difficulty - you can succeed, just probably with a slightly more effort
>>
>>70306174
By focusing on yourself. Your life. If you're thinking about her, there's something else you could be doing, even if it's just jogging or doing pushups. Ideally, it would be tearing up the job ladder.

Remember, time is on your side. We hit our stride around age 35. Women hit theirs in their teens.

But I'm guessing this is your first love, and you weren't pragmatic about your feelings. You're not supposed to let any part of you run wild.
>>
>>70304368
The dollar store here sells plastic safety razors that work surprisingly well, they can even shave off a long beard without clogging up like virtually every other razor will.
The blades are OK too but you can get slightly more expensive ones because safety razor blades are standard worldwide

Also you can kill yourself with it if you want
>>
>>70304221
Read this >>70304320
I've been using safety razor for years without any issues. Just wash your face and use decent shaving soap/cream.
>>
>>70304859
The cheap Daiso razors and blades here are made in Korea, very solid plastic.
Work better than my more expensive Feather one.
>>
>>70306299
Yup. The toughest thing to learn is how to get the hair directly under your nose. At first, I used a mach 3 for touching that area up. Eventually, I got the hang of it, though.
>>
>>70306257
I've already done all this, it's not like I've just been sitting and wallowing. Nothing helps.
>>
>>70306352
I use the Astra Platinum. Box of 100 shipped for free for under 10 bucks, and I never even feel the blade. Good enough for me.

Feather tore my shit up.
>>
>>70306059
>organic = good

This is a load of shit.

Processed food is bad, but organic is a marketing term for hippies and leftists to buy food at a higher markup.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/henrymiller/2015/07/29/why-organic-agriculture-is-a-colossal-hoax/#4d4b0f4738e4

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/myths-organic-food

https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/01/04/scientist-mothers-view-organic-and-whole-foods-are-scam-of-the-decade/

If you want to ensure your food is good, grow it yourself or buy from local farms or farmer's markets. Participating in the "organic" branding is just giving shekels to marketing people.
>>
>>70306390
Yes, something helps. You haven't poured your passion into shit, so you feel a hole. Find something productive that you like, whether its wood working, working out, or just rough housing with a dog. Pour your heart into that.
>>
>>70304988
A 20-pack of cheap double sided razor blades costs one dollar
Or you can get a 4-pack of Jewlette Jewsion cartridges for $20
Which is more economical?
>>
>>70305915
>If you can shitpost on 4chan you can carry a conversation

SWEDEN
Y
E
S
>>
>>70306439

no, organic in terms of meat means how it was raised, including both humane treatment (to an extent) and lack of added hormones, chemicals

organic when it comes to plants (veggies/fruits/grains, etc.) means no GM, and no noxious pesticides. organic is good
>>
I'm about to open a bank account, who should it be with? Right now I'm feeling TSB.
>>
>>70306465
I've attained a 575kg total so far, I've started playing the violin and writing music again, I've started teaching myself piano, I read one book a day on average, I've been doing daily bible study, I've briefly dated 3 women and slept with 8 more, I quit drinking, I quit eating sugar hell, I even took an icon painting class...

But still nothing.
>>
I am thinking about joining the army reserves.

Do you think this is a good idea?

Any thing I should know that is not said on the army website?

I anyone has experience with the reserve or TA could they please reply.
>>
>>70304566
Get the shutzstaffel symbol, much cooler imo
>>
>>70306590

Dude, you've fallen for a meme.

"Organic" is a certification that proves nothing. They DO use chemicals, they DO use pesticides, read the fucking links I gave you.

You're being swindled.

If you actually want what you say you do, the label "organic" is not enough. It's a scam. You need to do real research on every supplier you have for meat and veggies to know what they use.
>>
>>70306638
I'm not sure if it is available or as widely accepted, but AmEx Bluebird is my recommendation of choice, at least in the states.

Every Wal mart is a bank branch, and no overdraft fees (because it is next to impossible to do). Great app, and 24/7/365 customer service.
>>
>>70306669
Neat. You still haven't found your passion. Keep looking.
>>
>>70306669

Sounds like you are a functional but depressed person.

Figure out the underlying cause. Is it really all for a woman? Do you think it might be the dreams you had about your future with her rather than her?

Restate to yourself what your life goals are and how you're going to get there. Then question what you've got.

If you're another guy who thinks the right relationship will "save" him and his life, it's not. In fact thinking that might be what sabotage you from getting anywhere with the women you meet. Nobody likes being the crutch to someone else.
>>
>>70306671
Ex regular, TA is a better option than Regulars if you have half a brain on your shoulders. Regulars promise you the world then fuck up your life when you get out, as TA you get all the benefits that look good on a CV, impress slags etc without taking over your life
>>
>>70306590

Organic farmers still use pestacides you knob. Some of them are worse than synthetic alternative. GM is both safe and regulated. Organics is just jewry
>>
>>70306710
>>70307136

In the US it means something. they may use pesticides but they can't be synthetic. makes a big difference.

>Produce can be called organic if it’s certified to have grown on soil that had no prohibited substances applied for three years prior to harvest. Prohibited substances include most synthetic fertilizers and pesticides.

As for organic meat, regulations require that animals are raised in living conditions accommodating their natural behaviors (like the ability to graze on pasture), fed 100% organic feed and forage, and not administered antibiotics or hormones.

http://blogs.usda.gov/2012/03/22/organic-101-what-the-usda-organic-label-means/
>>
>>70306710

>You need to do real research on every supplier you have for meat and veggies to know what they use.

Yes, but organic is the base starting point. We (my wife and I) do research where we get our meat from, since organic alone is not enough in many cases.
>>
>>70307136

>GM

mother nature knows best

if you look at wild blueberries vs. cultivated (GM) wild are healthier

if you look at wild salmon vs farmed salmon, wild is healthier

wild is better

GM is bullshit
>>
File: 0EbZIfC.jpg (194 KB, 1102x2118) Image search: [Google]
0EbZIfC.jpg
194 KB, 1102x2118
>>70304088
>don't go into the military
>go to college

Oh, this meme again.

I joined the military with a 96 asvab as an air traffic controller. I got out after a six year enlistment and now make $130k as an air traffic controller at an international airport, and I can literally move to any city in the world.

Oh, and I'm going to school for free now and banking my $3000/month housing stipend, so I'll graduate with a degree and $100k extra in savings.

If you are intelligent and can score high on the asvab, you should absolutely consider the military.
>>
>>70307480
I didn't want to correct him because I don't know what it's like over in Bongistan. Here in the states, he's inaccurate.
>>
>>70303776
>Blades typically last a week
My disposable razors usually last me a month.

Fuck your safety razors.
>>
>>70305534
>haus
>>
>>70306765
great.
>>70306904
I can't really see what else it could be than her.

But I guess it somewhat depends on whether one believes in sacred love and its redemptive power or not, I am quite convinced of it. I suppose that's the danger of a disposition towards the mystical.
>>
>>70307480
>air traffic controller
Sounds like some one is going to get automated
>>
>>70307003
Thanks for replying, I have one more question.

How long does take from applying to doing phase 1 training.
>>
I shouldn't be giving advice as I really haven't achieved anything worth mention that would be of use to younger anons. I'm 32 without a GED and have worked retail for a decade, just waiting to die.
>>
>>70307668
Ok, well I pay 10 cents per blade, so I'm spending $5.20 per year. What are you spending?

>Sacred love and it's redemptive power
What are you talking about?
>>
>>70307893
was also meant for>>70307791
>>
1). Haven't you guys heard of electric razors? I have scarce facial hair, and the one electric razor I bought like 10 years ago serves me excellently even now.

2). Cook your own food. Don't buy ready-made shit, don't buy processed food, don't order stuff from restaurants etc. It will be way cheaper and healthier that way. Plus, if you learn how to cook well (it's easy, actually, once you get the gist of it; you can find some good and simple recipes on YouTube), you can occasionally make a pleasant surprise for your gfs.

3). Don't buy gym membership. Instead, buy a barbell with 200-300 kgs worth of weights for it and a couple kettlebells. You can find decent training programs in Pavel Tsatsouline's Power to the People book that don't require any other equipment. Then visit a good instructor once so he could teach you the proper deadlift technique. One-handed standing presses and kettlebell swings you can learn on your own. Then you can be well off doing the PTTP program + some kettlebell swings for cardio at home, at any time convenient to you, and it will only take you about 30-55 minutes 3 to 5 times a week.

Consistency is the key here, so if you can't afford spending a whole hour 5 times a week, use a 1 hour x 3 times/week program instead - or something else that you can stick to without failing even once.

4). Don't buy shit you don't need. Instead, save the money and invest them in fixed-interest low-volatility assets like 1-year government bonds while stock market indexes are high. Once the next major crisis comes, sell your bonds, wait until all the media are panicking and the prices are REALLY low, then buy some major domestic and international stock index ETFs along with world bond index ETFs and exchange-traded REITS (pick the ones that invest in real estate, not mortgage-backed securities and such shit, they should also have low debt to assets ratio; Vanguard is decent and has all kinds of investment funds available, so you can check these guys out).
>>
>>70307480
US might be different, but I scored high and trained as a royal engineers diesel fitter. I have twice the qualifications as a civilian mechanic but because I never actually did the apprenticeship and all vehicles are civilian owned so they wont let army mechanics touch them, no civvy firm will touch me.

I'm 28 and working min wage security. Just applied to do my law degree and wish I'd done it at 20 rather than waste 6 years for fuck all
>>
>>70305534
Do you think we are that stupid?
I work at a European big bank and its up to us to decide and revalue your property what is it worth, do you think we just let someone decide who is not working for us how much a painting is valuable and in the end even if you have a painting that is valuable we can decide not to take it as collateral damage.Most of the time people put their house on the table and we send people who work for us to check how valuable the house is.

You and your stupid internet fiction.
>>
>>70307480
Also I have an ex Navy guy working with me who has the air traffic controller quals, but also in the min wage security boat
>>
>>70303776
Turning 45 next week,

Need advice on how to get a woman into bed.
>>
File: dbFRfKB.jpg (181 KB, 463x698) Image search: [Google]
dbFRfKB.jpg
181 KB, 463x698
>>70307820
Sounds like someone has no concept of what the job entails.
>>
>>70303776
Your picrelated is patrician chice, m8. I own it but an expensive model. Nice shave x1000 times cleaner than supersafe modern razors.
>>
>>70308075
Sounds like you need to get the fuck out of the UK m8
>>
>>70307867
Not sure about TA, but normally they book you to do selection (basic fitness assessments) which is 2 days (back in 2006) then maybe a month or two depending on basic training intake schedule which for me was 14weeks. But I imagine its all different for TA
>>
>>70308066
>t. juden
>>
>>70308122

Except for australia, its a fucking nightmare to successfully live abroad, unless you are going through college.
>>
>>70308089
I assume it entails controlling air traffic and seeing to it that planes maintain a safe distance from each other and then in case of emergency clearing a path for the plane that needs it.
>>
>>70308001
>Haven't you guys heard of electric razors?
I have. Using one leaves me with a 5 o clock shadow, no matter the brand. I've spend more than 300 bucks trying out a bunch of different razors.

>Cook your own food.
Good advice.

>Don't buy gym membership
Potentially good advice. Gyms also allow for networking if you're into that thing.

>Don't buy shit you don't need.
That's a mixed bag. For example, it pays off to spend the extra money on a good quality bed at 1000 bucks, rather than investing in a futon that you will feel in your back a few years down the line. Young people overestimate how much abuse their bodies can take, and they really pay for it later. So, yeah, while you don't need to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars for most stuff, the stuff you use daily should be high quality, like footware and bedding. Essentially, anything that is between you and the ground.
>>
>>70304088
This is very good advice
>>
>>70308087
At this point, I would open up your yellow pages to an escort service.

Alternatively, be extremely likable or successful.
>>
>>70308233
I am not even a Jude , its just this Canadian retard is spouting bullshit.
>>
>>70308287
Do some research. It's an insane job. So insane, you are only limited to a couple of decades in which you can do it. To give you an idea of what it's like, imagine that you and another dozen people are talking with another 60 planes at once, and you are keeping track of it all.
>>
>>70304817
I sleep on my 9mm gun under my pillow.
I used to be a bit scared of ever not having the safety on and nothing in the chamber. Had friends over once when left it on my bed and quickly pushed it under the pillow to hide it. Found it there next morning.
Convinced myself these things absolutely don't go off on their own, ever. started keeping chambered but still use the safety because that's how i practiced with and felt was more responsible to do when I've got it holstered under my pillow at night.
>>
>>70308450
that is one thing you can rely on canadians to do
>>
>>70308568
true cant expect much from people who literally have a "Dude WEED" as leader of the country.
>>
>>70303776

That's a lie. Starting this causes you to buy tons of soaps and different razors.

This is not in any way cheap.

I speak from experience. ;_;
>>
>>70305983
>the skill of talking to people effectively is the most important skill you can learn
This. Knowing how to talk to people in their own way will help you so fucking much.
>>
>>70308704
You buy a handle. You spend 10 bucks getting a variety pack of razors. Then you spend 15 bucks picking up a variety pack of Col. Conks Soap, and put it in a mug or bowl. Find a blade you like, and stick with it. Find a soap you like, and stick with it.

I like Conk's almond soap, and Astra Platinum blades.
>>
File: Barbasol_ArcticChill.jpg (15 KB, 144x355) Image search: [Google]
Barbasol_ArcticChill.jpg
15 KB, 144x355
>>70307893
I pay about $4-$5 for a 10 pack of razors that last me the entire year.

Like I said, each razor lasts me around a month (I use them a few days more actually, to make it the whole 12 months).

I do spend about $3 more dollars for some good old fashioned shaving cream though. So I guess I do spend a bit more than you, but not by much.
Fuck do I love the feel of cool menthol on my face.
>>
>>70303776
100% accurate and cheap in Poland

Fresh razors might cut you though.
>>
>>70308963
>I pay about $4-$5 for a 10 pack of razors that last me the entire year.
What razors are you using, and how often are you shaving?
>>
>>70308288
>Potentially good advice. Gyms also allow for networking if you're into that thing.
In my country, the good gyms I've been in are small-time establishments full of huge, bulky and gloomy fellas absorbed into working out. People do communicate there too, of course, but basically, everybody comes to train hard. "Communication" kind of gyms are full of shiny useless workout machines and instructors focused on selling you shit; these are mostly good for nothing.

>For example, it pays off to spend the extra money on a good quality bed at 1000 bucks, rather than investing in a futon that you will feel in your back a few years down the line.
Paying for quality is a good idea, paying for brand isn't. In the other words, you should buy a pair of decent tracking shoes, even if they cost several times more than Chinese stuff, but you shouldn't buy an overpriced T-shirt just because it has an enticing logo on it, it will be just as good as a three-dollar one from Taobao.

Besides, in Russia a lot of people take a loan to buy an iPhone when it's worth their income for 2-4 months, take an expensive car loan when they don't have a place of their own, etc. They have no business doing this kind of bullshit, it's just plain stupid, but they do it anyway.
>>
>>70309054
I get some Gillete razors from a little store I go to that sells everything dirt cheap. Triple blade, I think.
I shave every week since I don't look too bad with a beard, but don't like when it gets too fucking big.
>>
>>70303776
i'm about to inherit about a million bucks in about 1-2 months. I have no loans or anything to pay off and live very, very frugally as it is now. what the fug do I do with that amount of money?
>>
>>70309264
So you are saying you get 4 shaves per blade/month. That's a bit different from shaving once every day or two.

>>70309375
That one is above my pay grade. I've never inherited that kind of money, but if I had, I can tell you what I would do.

I'd buy a house in a state without property tax, paying cash. I'd also install some sort of bunker/bomb shelter for about 20k (make sure it has running water). Then I would use the left over money to get myself a decent bed and decent workboots, as well as a good zero gravity recliner for relaxing, and either go get an apprenticeship for HVAC or electricianing, or go to a technical school to train me in that. You get to start out your life comfortably, and learn a trade that enables you to continue on that lifestyle. Any left over money should go towards a couple of good guns, and some food to keep in said bunker.

That's just me, though.
>>
>>70304817
In Russia, handguns are not allowed. But I have a number of knives and a bat nearby. Makes me sleep better. Even though I live in a flat at the 5th story of an apartment building that has two metal bullet-proof doors in the entrance (a "hello" from the wild Russian nineties).
>>
File: 1459144312511.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459144312511.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>70303954

It is 100% a good idea to build credit. A bank, regardless of who runs it is like a friend that doesn't want to loan money to that crackhead friend of yours.

If you can prove you're trustworthy with the banks money, paying back those small amounts, they increase what they trust you with.

Lets say you just bought a new car, and suddenly your house gets robbed. Now you can ask the bank for money, and get back to putting iron bars over the window.

>>70303976
Higher learning IMO, but honestly there is not a chance you're going to find a woman without at least 1 partner before you if you're past 22.

>>70304687
Women who are worth dating wont care, as long as you are individually a good person.

Job, appearance, apartment/home, intelligent.

Just like size queens for dicks, there are size queens for height.
It may help you get laid in those times when you're just looking for roasties but when you want a regular life partner...you'll want the one that doesn't pass on you because you're a manlet.

>>70304817
I've got a machete ATM, I use to have a shotgun in a chest 2 feet from my bed, a pistol in the night stand, but the gun in my state are horseshit.

>>70305603
You probably wont, I still remember my gf from Highschool fondly even though she was a moron. You have to find another motivator in your life, to get you through that hard time right after a breakup.

>>70305635
You have to TRY and learn something about them. Lets say it is your family. Ask about their kids or ones you havent had direct contact with in some time.
You should have an understanding of their interests, or know what they are. Ask questions about that.

>>70305588
There are normal women out there, some need to be convinced of a red pill but the good ones will have an open mind if you arent a meme factory.
If you really want to find a decent woman, look for someone in your socioeconmic bracket and help her. Despite the MRA fee fees, men are more capable than women and should help them.
>>
>>70309565
>That's a bit different from shaving once every day or two.
Well, I guess that's the benefit of having good beard genes I guess.
I could opt to use the same razor even further than a month and use it for several though. I actually was thinking of trying this and going full jew.

Still doesn't change the fact that I prefer disposable razors and see safety razors as unnecessary and more expensive.
>>
>Make your own food (do not buy ready cook shit)
>exercise, don't matter how just fucking do it, stretching also helps a lot.
>find a hobby, anything that you truly enjoy and makes you happy, maybe even a pet.
>get good at communicating with people and establishing contacts
>pay your shit on time, don't take out excessive loans.
>be confident
>last but not least, cold water shower and shave in the morning.
There's more but you can write a fucking about this.
>>
>>70308463

Breaking Bad but still accurate I think.
>>
>>70309865
I was in ROTC in college, and made friends with someone who didn't drop the program, and wound up doing that for the Air Force. That's how he described it to me.
>>
>>70307820
We can't get self driving cars to work, but planes will fly themselves and not need human direction in our lifetime.

>>70308089

God knows ur already a /r9k/obot
>>
>>70309375
See number 4) over here >>70308001
While the stock market is high, buy fixed-income, low-volatility, highly liquid assets and wait for the next crisis (might take as much as a decade or two).

When the crisis occurs, everyone is in total panick and the stock market has fallen big time, sell your fixed-income assets and use the money to invest heavily in stock market and real estate. Domestic and international stock and bond index ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds, look them up on Wikipedia) and several decent domestic and international REITs (Real Estate Investment Funds, you need the ones investing in real estate, not mortgage-backed securities are the way to go). Don't buy "growth stocks", "hedge funds", "actively managed funds", don't trade in individual stocks, and god forbid don't you try to speculate. Stick to a few good stock and bond index ETFs, REITs (use Wikipedia and Google), buy when the market is low and they are cheap, buy long-term (for dozens of years), reinvest most of your dividends, and you and your kids should be really fine.
>>
Good advice ITT, don't get the people hating its good to have a positive thread for once where we build each other up

Apart from what's already been mentioned my advice is to learn more about personal finance, lots of good YouTube videos out there just make sure they're independent.

Biggest advice is to prepare for the upcoming market crash, if you look at market cycles its almost inevitable that we'll have one sooner or later - Best to have most of your assets in cash so you can take advantage of investment opportunities when the time comes. By all means do you own research and no one at this age has enough capital to be set for life but its a good way to get yourself ahead and as a young person you shouldn't be too vulnerable to market crashes compared to a boomer whose about to retire

Also with women don't be a beta whiteknight/nice guy but don't be a PUA/"red pill" faggot either. Women like men who stand up for what they believe in and are confident etc., all that - If a woman does something you don't like call her out for it and make your opinions heard.

Get in shape and buy cheap well fitting clothes, you'll look better in a $5 shirt and $10 tailored jeans than a skele or fat fuck in a $3k outfit and you'll save a ton too. Imo anyone that wants to look good should save their $$ buying clothes and buy a gym membership or some dumbbells to at least do some curls and get your arms up - you don't give a shit about how expensive a girls clothes are you care about how nice her body is its the same with girls but so many betas buy designer shit because they think girls will care about "status" - these are the women you want to avoid in the first place
>>
>>70310543
Pretty good advice, all around. Especially:
>Get in shape and buy cheap well fitting clothes, you'll look better in a $5 shirt and $10 tailored jeans than a skele or fat fuck in a $3k outfit and you'll save a ton too.

Hanes T-shirts sell five shirts for 15 bucks. When you wear them out in a few months, just pick up a new set. They breathe better than that designer stuff too.

That said, if you live in the cold, don't compromise on warm clothing. It's worth it to stay warm in the winter, because getting sick causes you lost wages when you are just starting out.
>>
>>70309565
>>70310367
thanks m8s
>>
>>70304037
Not true. Rent and utilities only report to the reporting agencies if you fuck up. If you always make those payments they will never show up on your credit reports.
>>
>>70309810
Handle cost $25, blades cost $0.05 a piece and comfortably last a week each with daily shaving, shaving cream (not to be confused with shaving foam in a can) costs $7 for a year's supply, and brush was $4.

I seriously don't see the expense.
>>
>>70307380
>My wife and I
Ha. And her son, no doubt.
>>
>>70306370
>shaving the small area directly under your nose

Nah don't bother with that, its fine to leave a toothbrush
>>
>>70311249
Ireland, not everyone who gives a shit about what they put in their body is a cuck.

The people who are cucks are the one's who try to emotionally manipulate people into following their choice.
>>
>>70308463
>Do some research. It's an insane job. So insane, you are only limited to a couple of decades in which you can do it. To give you an idea of what it's like, imagine that you and another dozen people are talking with another 60 planes at once, and you are keeping track of it all.
Which is exactly my point, a computer would be a lot better at it. Just wait until some one codes a program that can do what you do and some human fucks up and call down a plane on an occupied runway and then humans won't even be allowed to work with it anymore.

I mean don't worry about it, you will probably get many years out of it yet and you will probably be fine. But would you really recommend other people getting in to it?
>>
>>70303954
What the fuck is credit rating, and how does getting in debt show that you're responsible with money?
>>
>>70311534
if you get in debt and reliably pay it off it proves that you can handle debt and will likely pay off future debts.

people who offer loans look at your record of how well you pay off debts and decide based on that record if they will loan money to you and at what rate
>>
File: remove merchant.jpg (157 KB, 1171x882) Image search: [Google]
remove merchant.jpg
157 KB, 1171x882
>>70311534
>What the fuck is credit rating, and how does getting in debt show that you're responsible with money?
Well i don't think your really getting in to debt. You get the credit jew and you use that to buy shit but you really don't spend more then you make so you pay it of every single month before the interest goes up. Then you collect points which you can use to buy a gym bag or a smoothie blenders or some other consumerist goy crap.

And then that proves that you are responsible and can pay shit on time.

I got a debit card and i never got any loans or credit cards either so i have no idea what my credit rating is like. Is it worse then some one who has had a credit card but paid that of all the time? I don't know. But if i have had a credit card and used that for paying shit i would have gotten a lot of smoothie blenders right now.

But then i would also have been contributing to the usury jew and fuck that.
>>
>>70305813
Really big circles.
>>
>>70311714
That seems retarded, constantly getting yourself into debt and having to pay it off + interest seems like a great way to collectively jew people.

>>70311831
I've never heard of someone in real life mention anything like credit rating. Currently I'm saving up for a house, and as far as the bank is concerned I can get a mortgage whenever I want up till a certain vallue that's linked to my monthly income.

If you can prove you've got a steady in come and will most likely have one in the foreseeable future then you're good to go.
>>
>>70312257
blame the jews
>>
>>70312257
>I've never heard of someone in real life mention anything like credit rating
Same, every time i read it it's usually from an american and it makes me think that they all get profiled or something
>>
>>70303776
On the subject of shaving, for special occasions find a real barber and get a hot shave (not sure if that's the correct name). It's not pricey and you can tell the differnce big time. My father took me to get my first one before prom and I've used a few excuses to get them since. you will never experience a closer shave than this.
>>
>>70312407
i am american but i have heard people mention it over here too. maybe you and netherlands are just dirty communists
>>
>>70311249

She has 3 of them actually, and 1 on the way [spoiler] they're mine too [/spoiler]

fuck off
>>
Should I go for computer science or law at university?
>>
>>70303976
There were tons when I went to get my physics degree, just go to a nice school with people with some brain cells and you'll find many. Went to Stanford.
>>
File: jefferson banks.jpg (88 KB, 850x463) Image search: [Google]
jefferson banks.jpg
88 KB, 850x463
>>70312257
>I've never heard of someone in real life mention anything like credit rating.
Really? If you get a phone that you pay of every month (usually a better deal then down payment since you can use that money to call for) the company that sells you always does a credit rating on you.

But i don't know if you gain anything by being a good goy and getting the credit card at 18 years old and paying it of all the time or just never going into debt or credit at all.
Do you get a lower interest when borrowing for a house or something? Any one knows?
>>
>>70312611
Actually buying a house is easier for me judging by the hoops you have to jump through, and commies hate people owning stuff. So that would make you the commies.
>>
>>70312714
>Should I go for computer science or law at university?
Go for the thing you think you will enjoy the most.
>>
>>70312714
What problems do you like to solve
>>
>>70303776
Do those razor blades really lose there edge in only about a week? I generally use mine for a month or two shaving about 3 times per week
>>
File: gtfo.jpg (133 KB, 550x500) Image search: [Google]
gtfo.jpg
133 KB, 550x500
>>70303776
get the fuck out underage.
this is not /b/, /b/ tear threads should stay in /b/, i don't see how shaving has anything to do with politics or anything that this board stands for
>>
>>70303976

I found my wife by going to right winged concerts /// being part of the subculture.
>>
>>70312849

If you want to pay less, you just find the company
that is willing to get you a better deal.

I find cellphones to be shitty deals either way, and try to avoid fixed monthly expenses at any cost. Currently I only have to deal with rent, utilities, insurance and internet. No other subscriptions or long term debt.

Rent will be replaced with downpayments as soon as I feel like I have a comfortable amount of savings.
>>
>>70312916
The reason I ask is that I don't want to get a degree there is no demand for.
>>70312962
I like to solve problems that involve carefully analyzing the information I am given, then trying to solve it.
>>
>>70312879
i dont think so comrade
>>
>>70303776

Oldfag here.

My advice: Don't be a faggot.

that will take care of over 80% of every situation you'll ever be in.

Don't
Be
A
Faggot
>>
>>70313155
Law then.
Entry level comp sci tends to be about connecting things you already know together.
>>
>>70303776
You can make shaving razors last incredibly wrong if you run the blade in reverse on thick cotton fabric such as your jeans.

This is not a joke. It will straighten the blades significantly. One Razor lasts me about 2 months now. Granted, I only shave every other day.
>>
Thanks. Any advice on what areas of law are good?
>>
>>70313361
>>70313284
>>
File: iggyabest.png (717 KB, 1847x1028) Image search: [Google]
iggyabest.png
717 KB, 1847x1028
>>70313037
how can you use the blades for a month at 3x shaves per week? I change the blades out at 4-5 shaves.

They're dirt cheap too. Derby Extra blades go for $8.31/100 blades on amazon, which puts the cost per blade at 8.3 cents or the cost per shave at 2 cents or less if you change them out at the previously mentioned frequency.

They get a lot less effective in comfort and closeness of shave after five shaves.
>>
>>70313361

Wills and Estates

>boomers are going to start dropping like flies
>good deals to be had on estate ware, if you want
>no criminal element to deal with
>disgruntled legetees take it out on each other, if at all
>at least in the US it's black letter law
>no one calling you in the middle of the night
>far less likely to be sued for malpractice
>>
>>70308087
pills
>>
>>70313555
Sounds good, thanks.
>>
>>70313108
I pay 15/month for my cell phone. I pay more for my home internet (45).
>>
>>70313155
>The reason I ask is that I don't want to get a degree there is no demand for.
Well you can't be sure what is going to be useless. A lot of law related job is going to be replaced by computers, but its the same with computer sciences. I think its better to go for the job that creates the programs that replaces other peoples job then going for the job that might be replaced. So computer.

>I like to solve problems that involve carefully analyzing the information I am given, then trying to solve it.
Computers are really good at that.
>>
>be me, college senior
>3.8 GPA
>153 IQ
>want to go to art college
>have a decent portfolio and want to become a comic illustrator or animator
I fell for the follow your dreams jew, but I want to fight the liberalization of the comic/cartoon industry by subtly redpilling people.
>>
>>70313807
I bought a galaxy 4 for about 150 euros, and buy 40 euros worth of credit once a year.

I'm hoping this phone will last me about 2 years, So I'm paying about $10 per month.

The difference is that I'm not stuck with a subscription if I do for some reason end up broke. Free wifi is one the rise as well, so eventually I won't have to buy credit either.
>>
>>70303776
General advice from a 34 year old who is doing all right:

1. If you can't find a job right away, find another way to make money. Freelance, help people around your neighborhood, tutor somebody, whatever. Any time you're in between jobs, you should do your best to keep on top of bills.

2. If you're short on cash, at least in the US, don't panic about letting certain bills run a little late. A few days isn't always enough to make a huge difference-- it won't show up on your credit report unless you're 30 days late. Sometimes it's cheaper to pay a late fee than it is to pay an overdraft fee, so know how much you can get charged. That said, it's cheaper to stay on top of your bills, so pay on time whenever you can.

3. If you're going to college, fucking go to class. Most of them WILL count attendance, regardless of what movies may have told you.

4. If you have a lot of downtime in between jobs, aside from making money in other ways, learn a skill. Pick up a copy of "Java for Dummies" and give it a try. Learn French. Do something productive. If you aren't productive, you'll hate yourself eventually.

5. Save your money. Your first car, no matter how much you want it, probably shouldn't be a Corvette. Budget yourself carefully. Don't spend more than you can afford to pay in a given month.

6. Buy a set of weights. They're not crazy expensive. Learn a few basic exercises. You don't have to go nuts, just have some activity.

7. If a girl starts talking to you, fucking hide your powerlevel. Don't make holocaust jokes, don't be weird. Pretend you aren't an autist for the duration of those conversations.

8. When you get a job, regardless of where it is, fucking show up on time, every time. Nothing pisses bosses off more than lateness. It isn't very hard. Leave for work ten minutes early. In fact, leave for EVERYWHERE ten minutes early. Be the guy that's always on time.

9. If you live on your own, learn how to cook. It saves a lot.
>>
>>70314386
Quality post.

I'll add that if you look for a first job, go for food industry. If you really run out of cash, having access to food at work helps a lot.
>>
>>70314386

All legit advice, especially this:

>When you get a job, regardless of where it is, fucking show up on time, every time. Nothing pisses bosses off more than lateness. It isn't very hard. Leave for work ten minutes early. In fact, leave for EVERYWHERE ten minutes early. Be the guy that's always on time.

This can be the difference between a temp job and a "permanent" position.
>>
Lets say someone was a 22 year old high school drop out and had never been to college. They had lots of money from family to pursue an education and a car and could theoretically pursue any degree

What should they do? Is EE good? What about doing 30 credits at a CC for 2 years then apply to a bunch of nice universities if grades were good enough and getting the EE degree from a nice uni? Does that look better on CV? Ples help
>>
File: 1459022357406.jpg (7 KB, 216x250) Image search: [Google]
1459022357406.jpg
7 KB, 216x250
>>70314386
>7. If a girl starts talking to you, fucking hide your powerlevel. Don't make holocaust jokes, don't be weird. Pretend you aren't an autist for the duration of those conversations.
Holy kek, not even kidding, accidentally made a holocaust joke in front of a girl I took out to dinner. Turns out she was jewish.
>>
>>70314659
True, if you can't come to work on time, you surely cannot be given any serious responsibility.
>>
>>70314299
Oh, yeah. I get what you mean now. I don't have a contract on ANYTHING. Either I buy a new card once every 30 days, or I go without (or I can take it to another provider; whatever).

Wife has an iPhone 4. She's had it for about 2 years without any problems. So if you are having trouble with android, give an old iPhone a spin.
>>
Just wanting peoples thoughts on this

Unfortunately since being a kid i've always had a slight stammer ( not a bad one though , just random times it happens).

I'm still fairly outgoing and know how to talk to people but do you think the stammer makes people de-value your opinion or chance to land a job ?
>>
>>70314723
If you dropped out and haven't been to college, it sounds like school isn't for you. I would recommend a job that lets you work with your hands. If you can snag an apprenticeship for plumbing, HVAC, or electrician, do it. Otherwise, to go a technical institute for a couple of semesters and get your technical degree in that area.

These jobs can't be exported, and they pay well enough to never having to worry about money.
>>
I'm just using some electrical shaver I got for my face. Am I doing it wrong?
>>
File: LeHappyMerchant.jpg (69 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
LeHappyMerchant.jpg
69 KB, 501x585
>>70314755
OY VEY
>>
File: 1431592649805.jpg (55 KB, 541x720) Image search: [Google]
1431592649805.jpg
55 KB, 541x720
>>70307480
>tried enlisting at 18 with a 98 asvab score
>recruiter said I could have any job I wanted
>I was later medically disqualified

>mfw I was banished to civilian life
>>
>>70315386
No. In fact, girls will probably see you as shy/ cute. It can be good if you use it well.
>>
>>70315393
I've decided to pursue academics and an engineering or STEM position, I just am not entirely sure how college and university all works and I have a few weeks until I meet with the counsellor at the cc I am enrolling in
>>
>>70314021
>want to redpill "the comic/cartoon industry"
> 153 IQ

No. You probably don't even break 110.

How do I know that?

I read your post. Every employer in the world can see right through you. Someone who is fundamentally average at best and stupid at worst, who thinks they are in the top 0.3% of intelligence of all humanity.

I can't even imagine how you can think that you're in that IQ range ... other than you are so stupid you are delusional.

> MUH REDPILLZ!!!!

Yes. You are delusional.

Here's some advice from an oldfag: stop using meme words as if they mean anything other than "Hey! EVERYBODY!!! Look how retarded I am!! I'm 153 gorillionz IQs!!"
>>
>>70314386
10. It can be very difficult to get out of sales if that's your first job. It took me about four years to get out of retail sales. If you want to work in an office, try to get some experience in an office environment as soon as possible. Unpaid internships are fucked up versions of slavery, but at least you'll have some experience that isn't from Radioshack. Consider it.

11. Learn how to write well. I'm not talking about prose, I'm talking about communication. Every single job I've ever gotten has required professional email. Learn how to write those, resumes, letters of interest, fucking everything.

12. Facebook/Twitter should be set to private, if you have them at all. Take a day and go back through it and delete anything an employer may find disagreeable. They WILL look at your social media accounts.

13. He who speaks first loses. This is especially true in salary negotiations. If you're in an interview, wait until they mention a salary. Do not offer one first. The first person to say a price creates a subconscious baseline for the remainder of the discussion, and if they really want you, they'll usually say something higher than you would think.

14. Clubs and social groups aren't always a waste of time. I've made a lot of money off of contacts I made in a few of them. Find something that you're interested in, and meet people who think similarly to you, even if it's an anime club, you fucking weeb.

15. In college, find a few professors in each discipline that you get along with, and who like you. TAKE THEIR CLASSES. Professors love it when they have students they actually like in their classes, especially if you aren't a total fuckup. I made nice with the English and History departments at my school, mainly by being friendly and actually engaging in discussion, and it paid dividends by my junior year. Professors who like you will give you the benefit of the doubt if you're late on an assignment, for example. It's worth it.
>>
>>70303776
>gel
soap & badger master race. I concur, safety razors are the best. Sharp af, great for a smooth shave. It's the stepping stone between fucking multirazors and a real straight. Got a straight razor, too.
>>
>>70315492
It works like you are doing two jobs at once. First, you are giving up 4 years of your youth and 4 years of potential earnings (at minimum) doing the same stuff you did in high school. But what you are also doing is networking. 24/7. You aren't there for fun (though if it happens, that's ok). You are there to learn/pass tough classes, and to network with people who might be able to get you a job in the future. Don't waste time on people that can't help you.
>>
>>70315687
I use the puck and a synthetic. Better than everything but silver tipped, at only ~20 bucks.
>>
>>70315386
I hate to say this, but it might. I think it depends on the person. If you can write really well, it may counteract that, though.
>>
>>70315762
I got the badger for Christmas from my parents and it's breddy gud. I use a bowl of soap, it's great for lathering, just splash some water and bubble it up.
>>
>>70315386
Depends if you're also nervous, at least in the states.
>>
>>70315954
Glad you enjoy it. I've gotten to try all the different types, and, in my opinion, all are acceptable except for boar.
>>
File: thebae.png (1 MB, 1008x1137) Image search: [Google]
thebae.png
1 MB, 1008x1137
>>70304687
Half meme, The girls worth getting won't care, so long as you have a little charm. Pic is my fiancee and me... 5'5" here.
>>
32 years old here. I have only one piece of advice that may not have already been mentioned.

Fucking. Show. Up. For. Work.

If you have a job, attendance is fucking key. You can be pretty shit at your job and not get fired because you may not be the best employee but you at least show up for fucking work. Too many kids now think this is optional for some reason and call in all the time.

If you're reliable, you'll be #1 on the radar when it comes to raises and promotions.
>>
>>70303954
If you are a poorfag, then yes.

You will likely not have any appreciable assets that can be used as collateral so you'll have to build a credit rating by being a good goy and establishing a record of timely payments.

When I was a yute, old folks would say that you only get offered credit when you don't need it.
>>
Newfag here, I've heard a lot about the college being useful meme, is it OK if I go for free and join military as an officer? Seems like a good path to me but I may not be as wise as some of you.
>>
>>70316145
I actually haven't tried them all, and while synth is softer and more pleasant to the touch, for me there's nothing like rubbing hard hair on my face.

Incidentally, I'm still not gay.

I loved the razor, but stropping it and stuff became too much of a hassle. Also the whetstones are too fucking expensive.
>>
>>70316194
5'5 here too,

Damn, you're doing your bloodline a good thing.
>>
Fuck off old fag I already know everything at 21 and am more successful than anyone of you here, also foil shavers are the only way to go when shaving
>>
>>70316257
I had a barber try the straight razor. Tore me up wicked. Bled everywhere, and had bumps for days.
>>
>>70303976
I dont believe in God either but my ass is in church every Sunday and Wednesday regardless.

The point of religion really isn't personal spirtuality anon
>>
>>70315652
16. If you start drinking heavily now, it may be a habit that you'll keep for life. Same goes with smoking and recreational drugs. College can be fun, but remember to moderate yourself. Also, drink a bottle of Gatorade before bed after you get shit hammered to avoid a hangover. Coconut water helps too; anything with electrolytes will make a difference.

17. Always remember that people you speak to may not have your sense of humor. /Pol/ is not an example that you should follow in real life. /r9k/ is DEFINITELY not an example that you should follow in real life. Think one way, act another, if you must.

18. If you want to pursue a career in the arts, fucking treat it like a job. Volume is important. If you're trying to draw, don't spend six hours on one panel of a comic. Get it done, then move on to the next one. Same goes with writing, painting, whatever. Build a portfolio, and expand it as you go.

19. Treat service industry people well. They know how to fuck up your life if you aren't careful. This includes waiters, electricians, plumbers, fucking everyone. Tip them. Be known as a guy who tips well. Yes, they only want money, but they'll go out of their way if they know they'll get rewarded.

20. Never, ever, ever, EVER trust a single source of information. Wait until you hear a dissenting perspective.

21. Driving drunk or high is retarded. Just... don't fucking do it. You'll get caught, and your life can be ruined.

22. Hygiene, man. I don't care if you're a fatass weeb or bony as shit, you'd better fucking shower every day. Use deodorant. Shave your stupid beard; nobody actually thinks it looks good. Put product in your hair (which should be too short to need a brush, though a comb is fine). If it falls past your ears, fucking cut it.

23. Wear decent clothes. Have a few different suits, and find a sport coat that fits you for more casual things. If you wear a button down shirt, wear a tie. Learn how to color-coordinate. Your presentation matters.
>>
>>70316329
I figure making babbies with an amazon like her means they should be average height.
>>
File: Therapist whore.png (256 KB, 1800x1348) Image search: [Google]
Therapist whore.png
256 KB, 1800x1348
>>70303976

You don't anon
>>
>>70303776
OP just buy an electric one it lasts for years with proper maintenance.
>>
>>70314021
Go to a college that focuses on foundations like life drawing and traditional painting.
Having a rock solid core will make you a very versatile artist.
>>
>>70316360
Well then your barber was a piece of shit.

I went to a barbershop. I should say I had MASSIVE acne at the time (still have, but not evem half as bad as it used to be). He nicked me ONCE on the entire face, then he applied some of that stone I can't remember the name of, and he even massaged my face and applied some moisturizing cream. It was bliss.

Also something that would be unheard of in many other countries, it was a MALE ONLY store. No women allowed, football on the TV, jazz on the radio, car magazines on the table, some soft-core playboy underneath. Smoking allowed, you even get a cigar and a glass of whisky with full service.
>>
File: 1440483362202.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1440483362202.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>>70303776
Hey guys, just deferred from uni. Was studying architecture and was not liking it as its very contemporary/abstract. Planning on working full time for the rest of the year, and if all goes according to plan will have 21000 AUD after tax assuming im making 18$ per hour, 40hour week. My question is once this work year is over, what should i pursue? im considering doing Law or international Law or maybe something political as its one of my interests. On top of this im also considering becoming a mechanic. All feedback appeciated
>>
>>70304687
It's 10x harder to get any respect or pussy if you're under 6'0. It's really not a meme.

You can still succeed at child size, of course, but it's fucking difficult.
>>
>>70304747
Pay your bills on the very last day the bill is due.
>>
>>70307876
What do you want to achieve?
>>
>>70316890
>Doctor
>Lawyer
>Engineer
>Businessperson
>Disgrace
Pick one
>>
>>70308003
RE diesel fitter? Sounds like you don't have a fucking scoob what you did in the army. If you were ever in.
Also you could have done your degree while still in if you wanted too.
>>
>>70316228
Only if you want to go in as an engineer otherwise you'll be lucky to get a job as a cop or security guard afterwards.
>>
File: 1458206666346.jpg (443 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1458206666346.jpg
443 KB, 1024x768
I work at a VERY liberal uni, TA for labs. Found out everyone in my department are liberals in disguise and probably sucking the SJW dick. How do I maintain a social circle in this hellhole for another 4 years when I'm a square peg by default?
>>
>>70316890
How much math did you get under your belt? Jumping from architecture to engineering is pretty simple. Or, if you're going for law-related you could do something like urban planning.
>>
>>70317399
you hide the same way you hide the fact that you browse 4chan - just lie and don't bring it up.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.