[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
POKEMON GO IS BAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (130 KB, 1671x950) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
130 KB, 1671x950
Seeing all these Pokemon go people the last few days has really made me think, and I've come up with some interesting ideas.

For those of you that are unaware of how the game works, basically pokemon will show up on a cartoon-like map that is fed to the game from google maps, which will coincide with the area you are in. You see where the pokemon are, then travel to that location and use the camera on your phone to "search" for the pokemon.

Google made this game, not nintendo, this is google and the data coming from the game is going to them. It has been said that google is trying to get scans of the insides of the houses of players, which sounds very likely. But I want to explore the full scope of the massive invasion of privacy this game could introduce.

There are two scenarios I see for this invasion, and both could be happening at the same time.

1. Googles new captchas with image recognition, have been using human brains for a while now to help computers understand what objects are. So with scans of the inside of homes, google will have databases of ANY object in your house. Which will be used to advertise to you, or unfortunately be used against you, especially if you have a gun, and google would know EXACTLY where these objects are within your house.
>>
File: pokemongo_2gether.jpg (270 KB, 2400x1537) Image search: [Google]
pokemongo_2gether.jpg
270 KB, 2400x1537
>>80610796

2. I've seen this happen to an extent, a pokemon is in a certain area, and people will FLOCK to that area. Last night I saw 3 separate groups of people wandering around a golf course with their phones scanning for pokemon. Let's say for example, Google or the government (basically the same thing at this point) are searching for you, and they have an idea of where you are. All they have to do is drop a few rare pokemon in the location they think you are, and all of the sudden, they will have dozens of cameras searching for you, peeking through your windows, and there's nothing you can do about it. I've seen people on Youtube go into someone's BACKYARD to get one of these things, just imagine 20 people trying to find one.

There's no fucking way I'm going to download that game, but just be aware. This is the next step in the dissolving privacy.
>>
File: pokejew.png (294 KB, 793x608) Image search: [Google]
pokejew.png
294 KB, 793x608
> Google made this game, not nintendo, this is google and the data coming from the game is going to them.
> It has been said that google is trying to get scans of the insides of the houses of players, which sounds very likely.
> But I want to explore the full scope of the massive invasion of privacy this game could introduce.
>>
>>80610796
game will be put down after a couple pedophiles use it to lure kids
>>
Wow

scary
>>
You are right. This is just too much. I am now #MentallyHill
>>
>>80610890
Fuck. See, I didn't even download the app, so I wasn't even aware of all that shit that you have to let it do.

I was just making a statement on how the actual use of the app is a massive invasion. That's some insane shit right there. Just one more reason I will never install that app
>>
>>80611032
If I was a criminal, it would seriously be easy to earn insane money off this. From what I've seen, you can use "lures" or something to attract multiple pokemon to an area. If you wanted all the phones of the people that wander into that area. You could take them all, no problem. You'd make an easy $3000 per spot, and nobody could do anything.
>>
But Articuno is the spirit of winterchan :( :(
>>
just what we need... more people walking around with their heads down looking at their fucking phones instead of who/whats in-front of them.
>>
>>80611627
Atleast we will get rid of retards. It's actually beneficial.
>>
>>80611627
Actually, they are looking at what's infront of them, they're just also sending what's infront of them to google for future use
>>
I keep duct tape on my camera for this reason
>>
File: iwata.jpg (49 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
iwata.jpg
49 KB, 320x240
Is pokemon GO popular in US?
>>
>>80610796
Fuck you are right, this is being used to make a 3D photo map of everything. That's literally what is happening
>>
>>80611419
You know what would be great? If a bunch of people on /pol/ spoofed GPS and lured like a thousand Pokemon to every ghetto in America.

I dunno how this shit works but I'm sure somebody could make a guide, might help expedite the race war.
>>
>>80611032
its already been used to lure victims for robberies, expext pedos within a month.
>>
>>80610796
I tried to play it and when I was playing my phone case was always covering the camera. Fuck the police state. Also honestly its easier to through balls on a black background. Then I installed a fake gps location app because I was lazy and didnt want to go outside and since then the game couldn't start lol. So they have semy discent varification that your gps location is legit probably they match it with your ip location desu.
>>
>>80610796
>has really made me think

Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>80611419
been dun befo

http://stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/robbers-target-players-of-popular-pokemon-go-smartphone-game-police/article_ca161f27-37b7-57bb-bfa6-a30b0563e3f0.html
>>
>>80610796
It's tracking device the game op
>>
Meh, we already know Google already monitors everything we see, hear, and do.

What's yet another monitor?
>>
>>80610796
wtf i hate trump now
>>
I wanted to try the game today
thanks for this
definitely not playing this jew game, fuck you google
>>
>>80611944
Very. My first encounter with this game was the day it came out. I saw two security guards walking around the parking lot looking for a pokemon. Now that I'm aware of it, I see these fuckers everywhere. One of these days, I'm going to get someone jumping my fence to get into my backyard to catch a fucking pidgey

>>80612069
That's already happening to an extent. There have been a lot of robberies because idiots wander into a dangerous neighborhood without thinking and get their shit stolen

https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/10/robbers-use-pokemon-go-to-lure-victims/

>>80612003
Yes, that's probably the main goal, 3d map of everything. If they're missing a spot, all they have to do is stick some pokemon there and people will go there and scan it for them
>>
>>80610890
Hollyfuck..

So I loaded it and have since deleted it, is it still on my phone or am I good?
>>
>>80612243
Pic related
>>
>>>/x/
>>
>>80612188
Source?
>>
At least kids are going outside for video games. I say it's worth it
>>
the only way your conspiracy theory could hold is if you assume that Google knew this would catch on as massively as it did. Which is retarded to think because apart from their search engine, Google has had like 99% failure with innovations. If you believe that Google could have created an app and known with certainty that millions upon millions of people would download it, then we have much bigger issues than what you're suggesting OP.
>>
>>80612559
This is politically related. Google is a front for the governments agencies. And this is an invasion of privacy. This would, however, get the tinfoil crinkling over on /x/ though
>>
Pokemons pretty pozzed. Any nostalgia crap is,but there's something annoying about the main demographic of pokecrap being 20 year old millennials
>>
>>80612698
Unless they can find a way to fuck the pokemon, I doubt they'll go for it.
>>
>>80610818
You're fucking dumb. If the government wants to know where you are they don't need to drop Pokemon they just ping you and walk over and fuck your shit up.

If you go on Facebook or other social media for its intended use where all that advertising actually hits you that's your fault.

Wish you guys would just realize it's an app to stop making us so autistic sitting in our dark rooms 24/7. Go outside and stop being fat and gay.
>>
>>80612510
You're already dead inside m8.

>>80612625
I'm starting to see kids and teens in my neighborhood that I've never seen before. Granted they're ugly or meek looking but at least they're socializing with kids their age and getting out of the house.
>>
>>80610890

No more Pokemon Go for me. Good thing this app is relatively new and they haven't had the time to go about leaking through and gathering people's shit.
>>
>>80612665
>be google
>Have access to almost all internet searches
>See interest in pokemon mobile app

Pretty sure they know. And think about it, all the kids that grew up obsessed over pokemon, are now ALL using smartphones, of course they would download a free app that has addictive gameplay. Its fucking pokemon man
>>
>>80610796
I'm not worried. No smart phones in my house, so no way to play a game that, quite frankly, doesn't seem all that fun anyways.
>>
More like Pokemon GO fuckyourself

am i right?
>>
You can turn off the aspect of the game that uses your camera conspiritards.
>>
>>80610796
I am not against anything you posted.

This information can be used to make video games great again. Open world with open doors. Imagine gta v where you can go into any building anywhere.

sounds dank af

so we break a few eggs making an omelette.. acceptable losses.
>>
>>80613030
just like you can turn off the backdoor the NSA has on your computer right?
>>
>>80613030
>You can turn off the aspect of the game that uses your camera conspiritards.
But 90% will not and g can use their cameras for mapping objects of interest.
>>
File: 1467620986196.jpg (252 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1467620986196.jpg
252 KB, 500x500
>>80610796
They can also use it to manipulate people into visitng locations where for instance goods are sold. You lure people to shop / eat somewhere and so on.
>>
Cool I'm gonna download it and have a go
>>
>>80612827
How many people on facebook would willingly wander around their house scanning the inside and send that info to facebook or google? How many people will walk around the inside of a church and scan it for google? Not many. But now you have dozens of people doing it constantly.

I wouldn't be suprised if theres a reason for all churches being "pokestops". They probably want to guage activity at these places constantly, and now they have a way to have cameras pointed at these spots constantly
>>
>>80613089
It is already possible for GTA to do that. If GTA 4 or 5 wanted the graphics to appear similar to GTA 3, Vice City, or San Andreas, they could have made absolutely every building fully furnished. They didn't do that because its easier to make things look shiny than it is to actually map out all these different areas.
>>
>>80610796

this game is virtual crack. also dangerous as fuck. I guarantee there are going to be plenty of deaths from driving and playing. how long until Pokemon Go is banned?
>>
I saw a 10/10 blonde girl wandering around with a backpack and baseball hat playing Pokemon Go it was pretty adorable desu
>>
>>80610818
>>80610796
I think that google image captcha is also used to teach robots how to recognize things and eventually make an autonomic killing machine.
>>
They already have access to your camera ,location, and microphone anyways, this game doesn't really add any more surveillance, they best thing you can do is uninstall all apps that have anything to do with Google since they use the apps to listen to what you say and cover your cameras
>>
Jesus Christ you stupid faggots will post about anything, won't you? Fuck off to /b/ with this shit.

No I don't work for jewgle, I'm just sick of you fags posting off topic shit on my board.
>>
>>80612665

It is fucking Pokemon, it was a huge hit in the 90s and got yearly a revival.
They won't stop at Pokemon tho, next it might be "Legend of Zelda Conquest" or "Kingdom Hearts Adventures".
Then all the little kids and some feeble minded adults will roam around and sooner or later they succeeded at their plan.

This might have not been Google initial idea but rather the NWO directing plans through Google.
>>
>>80612665
You are fucking underestimating a tech giant like google
>>
>>80613302
I give it 2 months until everyone, except for hardcore filipino fanboys, gives up playing out of boredom.
>>
File: 1468163948083.jpg (123 KB, 684x797) Image search: [Google]
1468163948083.jpg
123 KB, 684x797
>>80613403
>tfw I use android
>>
>>80611153
i like this
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 410x358) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 410x358
>>80612467
>>80612467
>very
iwata is happy to hear it from heaven.

(T . T)
>>
>>80612665
But google did knownit was gonna catch on. They've had another game for 2+ years now that works almost exactly the same. Its called ingress. Its was massively popular, and it still it.

>Take popular game
>Add characters from childhood game and new name
>????
>PROFIT!
>>
>>80613197
There's already photos of all these points of interest in the app.

All the points of interest are in public places.

The app isn't even made to be played in your house.

It's designed to get you out in public.

The danger isn't from some evil google corporation spying on you.

The danger is people staring at their phone and wandering into dangerous situations, driving while using their phone and naive young people being lured into dangerous areas or being taken advantage of by dangerous people.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-11-11-03-52-1.png (216 KB, 1080x1839) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-11-11-03-52-1.png
216 KB, 1080x1839
>>80613403
Also uninstall any social media look what twitter can do
>>
>>80613197
And what's the problem with having an in-depth 3D map of everything? Nothing. It just gives developers more information to use.

This 'conspiracy' is the same fucking thing as Captcha. Really not a big deal.
>>
>>80613089
>imagine gta v
Shit game
>>
>2016
>Still trying to sight the globalist elites

Ah! See you on the reserves, savages.
>>
>>80613526
They'll have something new. Now that nintendo has seen how well this is doing, and how profitable this is for them. They'll let google do anything for them. Nintendo is dying and they'll sell their soul to survive
>>
>>80610796
You raise some interesting points but you don't need to use the camera to play the game. Most people are not using the camera in their own home and you're not generally encountering pokemon in your own home. It's actually easier to catch pokemon without the camera in-use which is counterproductive if they want a 3D map of our homes.

The thing is, it's a fad. It wont have long term applications because most people wont play it long term; there's just not enough to do in it and you'll run into the same pokemon time and time again unless you're specifically going out of your way to go to new places. I played the game for 1 day and basically caught all the pokemon that are common in my neighborhood.

It's definitely the beginning of more games like this but PokemonGO itself
>>
>>80610890

But I already use chrome. Google knows all the hentai I look at already.

I'm still here and shitposting. Ain't nobody coming to ge
>>
>>80613480
I was playing this today. I didn't see a single child playing at all. It was all 18-40 years olds.
>>
File: 1467896370243.gif (893 KB, 400x554) Image search: [Google]
1467896370243.gif
893 KB, 400x554
>>80612665
PS: It doesn't take a wizard to figure out, that pokemon + augmented reality paired with the latest in incentive reaserch could become a killerapp (in an indirect sense obviously) for a 3d scanned world.
>>
>>80613785
but PokemonGO itself wont stay relevant unless they make some huge changes.

The use of microphone and looking at webhistroy is disconcerting though because the game doesn't require those things at all.
>>
>>80613430
>t.Google employee
>>
>>80610796
Autism and schizophrenia: the post

This helps neets like yourself get outside and fucking meet people. The parks aroubd where I live are loaded with nerds getting to know eachother playing this game
>>
why did it take so long for this game to come out? seems like it would have already been released in 2011 at the latest
>>
I've been luring niggers into certain spots. Anyone else want to know what I did to them?
>>
>>80614128
Yup. It got my crippled 65 year old mom to go outside and walk around for the first time in years.
>>
>>80613908
Lol nice, reminded me of the old sniper memes back i
>>
File: tinfoil hat.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
tinfoil hat.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>80610796
>google is trying to get scans of the insides of the houses of players

Dude, get a hobby or a gf.
>>
>Be black
>want money
>Go to a pokecenter in the hood, use a lure
>wait for a ton of naive idiots to wander in
>rob them
>???
>profit!
>>
>>80614128
Not just parks either. At the moment while it's hot you can see people playing this on their phones everywhere you go.
>>
>>80613555
I do too, I just opted out of all the Google+ tracking and listening shit and disabled all apps related to google and switched to duckduckgo instead of chrome
>>
>>80614216
i think you mean candlejack, you fucking newf
>>
>>80610890
Here's the thing
Having a smartphone by default puts you out of privacy.

An APP isn't going to do anymore than what Google is already up to.
You're getting mined for data on 4chin right now.

Example, I've noticed than only when I am at someone else's house do I have to put in captcha to post from an iPad, at my own house, maybe one in every 10 posts.

I've had screenshots of when the NSa had its tool kits leaked deleted of of my phone remotely.

You already bought into the smartphone data mine experiment.
>>
DUDE LMAO HOW CAN POKEMON BE BAD? DID YOU NOT GROW UP IN THE 90S? STOP TRYING TO RUIN MY CHILDHOOD
>>
>>80614290
That has already happened.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/10/pokemon-go-armed-robbers-dead-body
>>
File: 1431454947518.jpg (23 KB, 295x311) Image search: [Google]
1431454947518.jpg
23 KB, 295x311
>>80610796
Pictures of the inside of your house are less useful than and more costly to process than your browsing habits. google has already monopolised on data mining, this fad is a drop in the water so cool your tinfoil hat.
>>
Google could also charge businesses money to place Pokemon in or around their premises.
That way they lure all sorts of additional potential customers.
Much more effective than standard advertising.
>>
>>80610796
Have to give props to google. The way they exploit human's craving for attention, achievement and their hunter-gatherer instinct is quite ingenious. Just let them run around collecting data for free as long they're getting some shiny pictures and "+x" points added to a variable.
>>
>>80610890
every app on a phone ask you for permission on this shit, even the ones that already comes installed on it, neither never have a smartphone or accept that the goverment spies on everyone since the invention of the radio
>>
File: 1468118163385.jpg (147 KB, 447x336) Image search: [Google]
1468118163385.jpg
147 KB, 447x336
>>80612827
You're fucking dumb. If the government wants to know where you are they don't need to drop Pokemon they just ping you and walk over and fuck your shit up.
>>
>>80614522
Put weighted object on shift key to turn off capslock
>>
File: 1464680118059.jpg (47 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1464680118059.jpg
47 KB, 200x200
>>80614522
>implying pokejew is same as 90s pokemon
>>
You guys are all so gullible

There's nothing sinister about pokemon go at all you just walk around parks and catch pokemon

First of all Google didn't develop this game it was made by niantic who used to work with Google but they split last year

Second (assuming that this is like ingress) pokemon spawn locations are based off of cellular data in the area
I'm way out in the country so very few pokemon spawn near me compared to my sibling who lives in Chicago

Third the idea of them using your phone to scan the inside of your house is retarded
If you use the ar mode in pogo you'll notice that the background is very low res and most people are walking around to find pokemon so if their goal with this was to look inside peoples homes they failed
>>
>>80614272
I've already got both of those things.

I'm just telling you what they're going to do. Google is already confirmed to be an arm of the CIA, the CIA is just creaming themselves at the thought of people willingly sending info about the inside of their houses
>>
>>80614791
I can attest to this also.

A friend of mine some years ago when he was a shit was out tagging and painting trains, he got tagged, and his iphone went wild with noises and lights when he ran from the cops.
>>
>>80614791
> ping you

What exactly do you think this means?
>>
>>80613719
If they add player vs player battles in the same style as the regular games they could keep people hooked for years.
>>
>>80610890
That's a fake release of Pokemon Go you fucking dunce
gizmodo.com/did-you-install-this-malicious-pokemon-go-app-1783399021
>>
>people are willing playing pokemon go
I wish people that bought into hype so easily could just die, maybe the world would be better.
>>
How am I supposed to live? On the one hand, I want to associate with my friends, I want to socialise and have a good time within my peer group. But on the other I don't want to be an overgrown child easily manipulated by any corporation willing to provide me with colours, microtransactions and nostalgia?

How do I exist in this brave new world, /pol/?
>>
>>80614959
...do you honestly believe this?

your friend is committing a minor low level offense and the government is wasting time lighting up his phone for it?
>>
File: botnet.png (144 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
botnet.png
144 KB, 800x600
>/pol/ suddenly cares about the botnet now that a Pokemon game is released

/g/ already saw this happening the moment it was unveiled.
>>
>>80613003
>want to play pokemon go just to see what it's about
>31

i have a kid but she's only 2 she doesn't give a damn about pokemans
>>
File: old.jpg (29 KB, 477x477) Image search: [Google]
old.jpg
29 KB, 477x477
Do rights as a property owner extend to vr space in an ar game?

Also people are getted lured and robbed using the app.

Can't post the Business Insider artcles, but they had ones on both.
>>
>>80615191
>>80614959
Sounds like your mate had a few too many drugs and someone tried to call him while he was hiding from cops after vandalising public property.

Thus the police found him...
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (33 KB, 306x390) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
33 KB, 306x390
>>80614796
>>
I fucking hate smartphones tbqh, the creepiest thing is when it gives you ads based on what it's heard you say, fuck that shit
>>
File: 11.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
>>80613637
Not full not in great detail. Imagine CIA want to make hit and they have an address. Realistically the best they will have is drive by of google car, but only front door not backyard. Also google car doesn't drive everywhere. With Pokemon you can obtain very detail scan of home and surrounding from all sides s fast and with zero risks. Plus perfect cover for operatives of CIA when will come their time.
>>
>>80615370
> Do rights as a property owner extend to vr space in an ar game?
Can they take a photo of your property right now?

>Also people are getted lured and robbed using the app.
People used to steal phones of people wearing white headphones - why are we banning a videogame because some crims are being crims?
>>
>>80615370
https://www.google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/pokemon-go-man-s-house-accidentally-turned-into-a-gym-causing-huge-problems-a7129756.html
>>
>>80614938
so because the background is low res, the app cant transmit high res data? You are pretty retarded
>>
A thread half full of
>bievio gayems r bed mkay!
and
> XDDD u dunt get it cuz ur not kool enough 2 pley pokemon

Is this is what /pol/ has devolved to?
>>
>>80612665
>gmail app. Literally comes preloaded on millions of phones, along with like 6 other google maps.
>google owns all kinds of super popular smartphone app brands. Already has apps on millions of phones

Oh no guyz... i think he's retarded... =( poor fella
>>
>>80613637
Also dangerously slow driving where a passenger is playing.
>>
>>80615435
Nah it doesn't work like that you dopey russian cunt.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Besides it would be so much easier to just some guy to spy then rely on a bunch of autistic cartoon fans to do your spying for you.
>>
They're testing for foot traffic generation for new format advertising.

Instead of showing you an ad for a product or store you'll be guided into the store by your augmented reality game.
And they'll have concrete metrics for how effective each ad campaign is especially since everyone will be using phone "wallets".

Eventually it will probably be detailed enough to hand pick what shit you didn't even know you need and you'll be showing up to Walmart to catch a Pikachu in front of a 30pack of toilet paper and remember you need tp.

>Its another select the storefronts captcha
>>
>>80610890
Thats how you tell you if downloaded the virus version of the app lad.
>>
>>80614651
It is just another step to datafy the world, you can not know what will come from it.
>>
>>80615400
He's been done in for it before
He was locked out of his phone and couldn't turn it off or get a response from it.

State police have spy tools for this kind of shit, and have had been doing so since 2011
>>
It seems like a DICE x Durarara crossover
tip top kek
>>
>>80610796
Shill
Sage
>>
>>80613246
Fucking communist Pokemon trying to invade our churches.
>>
>>80616087
HAHAHAHA WHAT?? I'm a shill because I'm saying look out for google and the government?

You're the fucking shill
>>
>>80610890
google already has all this info and much more you fucking retard

they control everything in your phone either way
>>
File: win 10 spy.jpg (971 KB, 2565x2582) Image search: [Google]
win 10 spy.jpg
971 KB, 2565x2582
>>80613637
this

just a having a smartphone period already fucks you

look at what it says everytime you get an "update" to your phone. It says jack shit about what they are actually putting in

every single time it is always the same message talking about "making your security stronger and additional bug fixes"

it never actually says anything new

anyone who isnt some brain dead millennial knows better but the average smartphone user are so technologically illiterate they will suck on anything and believe it without question from their phones because it just works. why do you need to know how smartphone works anyways? you are just a dumb kid here download this app its fun, its not going to harm you at all. dont forget this update. Oh you dont need to worry about what we are making you download, its just to make your security better
>>
>>80614519
>he doesn't debloat, install a clean android custom rom, delete all Google garbage on root and deactivate everything not essential to the os and then firewall everything Google related on his home network
>>
>>80615843
>>80614715
The future is here, lads.
>>
File: 1468209480329[1].gif (343 KB, 320x235) Image search: [Google]
1468209480329[1].gif
343 KB, 320x235
Fuck you guys. This game is the reason I'm finally giving in and getting a smartphone like the rest of the normies.
>>
>>80616280
this
if google wants to record audio from your phone, or turn the camera on without your knowledge there is nothing stopping them from doing that.
>>
File: 1452489144481.gif (2 MB, 299x320) Image search: [Google]
1452489144481.gif
2 MB, 299x320
Couldn't this be used to lure kids to mosques, I can't see muslims taking kindly to white childern taking pictures/videos of their beloved mosques.
>>
File: 1467431071702.png (454 KB, 649x565) Image search: [Google]
1467431071702.png
454 KB, 649x565
>>80615191
>>80615400
NSA doesn't even try to hide it anymore. Millenials are shit anyway.
>>
>>80610796
If you jump over my fence to catch a pokemon I'm going to shoot you.
Don't be a fucking retard.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-11-11-38-22.png (129 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-11-11-38-22.png
129 KB, 720x1280
>>80610890
These are the real ones.
>>
It's fun, give it 2-3 months and people are done with it
>>
File: 250px-498Tepig.png (41 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-498Tepig.png
41 KB, 250x250
>>80616540
Found this at my local mosque
>>
This is some Kingsman free app to take over the world kinda shit
>>
>>80610818
I don't think people will actually be dumb enough to break into homes. It's illegal and mostly kids will play this shit. But if they do start breaking into places, Google will be sued the shit out of. I'd happily donate to a class action lawsuit kickstarter where people got their property breached over this shit.
>>
>>80616603
yep

technologically retarded /pol/ led by a br monkey create another conspiracy theory

i've already seen this exact thread but with IDs on /pol/ being used to track your ip address
>>
>>80616766
I'm not saying people would break into homes, all they'd have to do is look through a window with their phone, or jump a fence to their backyard.
>>
>>80615843
This
It's also testing how far you're willing to travel for silly rewards
>>
File: pepechu.jpg (404 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
pepechu.jpg
404 KB, 800x1200
>>
>>80613254
GTA IV was pretty good about being able to go inside a fair amount of buildings. GTA V seemed to just rub it in our face that next to 0 buildings are accessible. I hate open world games where its just a giant outdoor map with nothing to fucking do.
>>
File: photo_movieMatrix-quoteSpoon.jpg (30 KB, 640x470) Image search: [Google]
photo_movieMatrix-quoteSpoon.jpg
30 KB, 640x470
>>80616516
Custom ROM and IP tables stops them
>>
>>80616766
these stories with people asking to go into someone's home because there's a pokemon inside are fake.

as soon as you can see the pokemon on the map you can engage it, so if they see on the map it's on someone's property, they can already catch it from where they stand. the range is pretty big too.
>>
>>80616422
Most no ones gonna do that unless you roll it our into a blingin one touch app that does it for them with an instructional manual the size of a tweet.

If it's not something you were conscious of before getting a phone, then you've already got data of you collected.

I haven't had a smartphone in near two years, and while I can memorize phone numbers and street directions a bunch easier, all I want is the camera, the music, the calls, and gps.

All the extra gay shit that pushes the prices past 700+ is just fluff.
It feels crude to be pulled back in just for some shit game, but there's not much I really desire these days.
>>
>>80611228
that permission list is fake chill out
>>
>>80613367
>"Choose the images with a human shape on them."

That would seem legit af
>>
>>80615792
>Besides it would be so much easier to just some guy to spy then rely on a bunch of autistic cartoon fans to do your spying for you.
It is not if we are talking about foreign countries. Operatives on the ground are always at risk (especially today with CCTVs at every corner). It nice to have initial scouting of area done for you without any fucking risks.
>>
Goddamn some of you guys are straight up mentally ill.
>>
wtf I hate Pokemon now.
>>
>>80610796
Holy fuck, yes can confirm BIG DATA/TECH is the new Big Pharma. Open your fucking eyes people!

These aren't harmless games, they're data gathering and tracking devices!
>>
>>80616887
Jumping a fence is illegal too and can get the players in trouble. Google would support criminal activity and I would think that it's highly illegal.

But imagine this:
Google collects data that a Google user is probably a racist and an islamophobe so in order to "fix" their racism and indoctrinate them to liberal views, they'll keep sending them to ethnic neighbourhoods to get a cultural education.
And since they've sent a racist there, they'll send ethnic palyers in the vicinity to the same location in hope of making them bond over this dumb game. Granted, in a very roundabout way, but it can and will be used to brainwash people.
>>
>>80617296
google already automatically detects humans (see: all people are automatically censored on google street view, except for some nigs blending into shadows)
>>
>>80617490
https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager
they already have the gps data from your phone, no need for a shitty pokemon game to do that
>>
I just got it working in an emulator. I don't see much potential for trolling with it ;[
>>
>>80612387

underrated
>>
>>80617133
Just buy the top models once they become "obsolete" after a new gen comes out.
You still get a big ass screen, good specs, and don't lose much.
All I use my phone for these days is Linux flashing and browsing 4chan with Dashchan
>>
What a shitty game

I doubt this will get very popular.
>>
>>80617490
and that too
https://maps.google.com/locationhistory/
>>
>>80617118
How large is the range then? If people don't need to travel at all, then the game is shit. The fans will demand to make it more realistic.

In a way it's even better for them. They can claim that they didn't want the game to be like this, but since the people are asking for it they will gladly deliver on this next level of privacy invasion.
And they won't even have to fake any complaints, people will genuinely want them to do this.
>>
>>80613568
doesn't nintendo still have mob links?
>>
File: giphy.gif (76 KB, 482x412) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
76 KB, 482x412
from /r/conspiracy

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/4sa0w6/pokemon_go_geospatial_intelligence_gathering/
>>
>>80617956
30-40m, maybe more.

they do need to travel, for pokestops and different types of areas (different pokemen in parks, by the river, in urban areas, etc.)
>>
>Finally a game that makes kids go out instead of sitting inside all day
>Overweight /pol/ neckbeards have a problem with it

:D
>>
>>80617493
>Google would support criminal activity and I would think that it's highly illegal.

>implying that those who are above the law can be affected by those laws

I always tell this everyone, but the only law that affects these fuckers are weapons, a bullet between the eyes, nothing else. They slowly changed the newer generations into something disastrous that supports them. And they haven't stopped this indoctrination, nearly half, or more than half of the western population already belongs to them and we are losing this war, our numbers are dwindling and their grows.

This will end in a war I tell you, the peaceful solution became unavailable the moment democracy died.
>>
>>80618236

t kiddy diddler
>>
>>80610796
Google didn't make the game. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niantic,_Inc. this company did. They already made an AR game prior to Pokemon Go. Nintendo just licensed the IP to them.
>>
Pokemon Go is now out for iOS and Android, and was released 7/7/16.

It was created by Niantic, Inc., which was founded by the Keyhole, Inc. founder John Locke. Keyhole Inc. was funded by Sony & Nvidia, along with a nice chunk of money coming from the CIA's venture capital firm In-Q-Tel, with In-Q-Tel receiving the majority of funding from the National Geospatial Agency.

The NGA was formerly known as NIMA, the National Imaging and Mapping Agency, until 2003. The NGA's primary focus is mapping Geospatial Intelligence, or GEOINT. Geospatial Intelligence is intelligence about human activity on earth derived from the exploitation and analysis of imagery and geospatial information that describes, assesses, and visually depicts physical features and geographical referenced activities on the Earth.

I checked out the NGA.mil website, the main page had an ad for what looked to be some type of Holo-Lens over a girl's face, advertising their magazine they publish. I'm sure they publish that for all their employees, not for general public to know (although it's free to read on their site, just not a popular publication since only NGA probably knows about it, and the few people that lurked onto the site accidentally).

So Niantic/Pokemon Go is basically a front for Geospatial Intelligence gathering, just like the former Ingress from the same company (which wasn't as hugely popular as the Pokemon intellectual property, basically every 90's kid with a capable smart phone is out playing this).

If they need pictures for a specific area updated, they don't have to send any agents/employees. They just spawn a rare Pokemon and someone using the app will take some pictures for them...

The Privacy Policy for Pokemon Go is a also bit Orwellian.

What are your guys thoughts on this application? Just a new Augmented Reality (AR) game, or GEOINT Agency wet dream?
>>
>>80618371
>Poland
>>
>>80612726
>there's something annoying about the main demographic of pokecrap being 20 year old millennials

This. I watched the cartoon when I was really little on Saturday mornings, but since stopped. Every time I hear about people my age literally driving around to try and find these little pictures on their phone it makes me think that we have an entire generation of 24 year olds who never developed past age 8.
>>
>>80618256
Cool post, FBI-senpai with your fancy proxy!
But it's probably for everyone best interest if you quit this position in the office and apply for spying on muslims.
>>
>>80618393
>using Google map as a database
>Google not making the devs to allow Google unlimited access to the app
>>
>>80615843
Nah mate the future isn't making you walk to the advertisement to see it.

The future is making devices like this >>80616448
that are light enough and small enough that people will wear them constantly, then putting a camera on the front so that everyone is viewing a filtered reality of their choosing and having ads pop up and follow people around constantly.

People not using the same app as you will just see an advertisement when they look at you.

You will get 50 ad pop ups a day right in front of your face unless you pay the company a daily fee to disable them or limit them to 1 or 2 per day.

Ads will be virtually inserted all around you.

Everybody will be viewing the world through screen and camera, a digitally controlled reality filter.

Even you.

Some might rather live in a world surounded by cartoons, some people might wish to only see other people with naked women avatars, or maybe you want to live in that world where everyone is the same race as you? You'll see it, it won't be real but the world around you will look like a 1950s american dream or psychedelic dream world or a post apocalyptic wasteland.

Everyone will have their eyes covered by ultra HD screens and rarely see the sun or the sky for themselves.

That's where we are headed.
>>
File: 1337024824667.png (1 MB, 998x557) Image search: [Google]
1337024824667.png
1 MB, 998x557
>have Google Nexus 5
>only use Chrome browser
>Jewtube daily

If Google already knows everything about me, what fear do I have from playing Pokemon go? Will they know even more than everything?

How's that possible?
>>
>>80618705
google already has all the data coming in and out of your phone if they want to.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (46 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
46 KB, 480x360
honestly why give a fuck, the government doesn't need pokemon to know this information and neither does google.

fuck if you have an android phone all that shit was sent to google the minute you turned it on.

why not let the ignorant enjoy their game while they have it. in a year the race war will happen, three years the second civil war, which im totally gonna fight in bc I need some excitement in my life and what better than shooting niggers.
>>
>>80619198
Not to this extent. This allows continous image capture for them.
And as I've said earlier, it's not just about the data. They'll be sending people to whatever location they deem necessary for whatever reason.
>>
This would have been an amazing concept when I was a kid in the 90's. I walked all over the place as a kid. Not that we had cellphones in any case.

As a man in his 30's I am kinda jelly. Not because I would play it now or really care now, but mainly because I would be creaming my pants over something like this as a kid.
>>
>>80610890
this is all from a virus that infected some Pokemon Go apks
>>
>>80619449
But what if I have a Google phone with a Google camera on said phone? It already is to that extent so why should i care?
>>
>>80612238
Turn off augmented reality
>>
>>80613227
They could use it for gang stalking
>>
>>80618183
I don't go on reddit. I thought of it separately from that site.
>>
Isn't just a scam to get lots of street level video feeds?
>>
File: 3b2.jpg (20 KB, 600x638) Image search: [Google]
3b2.jpg
20 KB, 600x638
>>80613710
What's it like being domesticated cattle?
>>
>>80610796
Couldn't they do that even without Pokemon Go? Better cover up your phone camera with duct tape bro
>>
>>80613246

Lol turn off augmented reality. Whoa no more camera being pointed around.

If people use google maps, Facebook, any other basic app required to use a smart phone everything you do is already tracked. The agreement when you first sign up for Google or iOS pretty much waives your right to do anything without them knowing.

If you root your phone, you MAY get past it.

I'm a conspiracy nut but you guys make me seem normal.
>>
>>80615223
no one cares about these manlets from /g/
>>
>>80619680
Be honest! Did you read the second part of my reply at all?
>>
KeK wills pictures of Pokemon during sex

>Why no Pokemon porn pics yet
>>
>>80610796
Dude, it's just Pokemon.

Don't be so paranoid LOL

<code>
var x = 5;
var y = 6;
document.getElementById("demo").innerHTML = x + y;
</code>
>>
>>80620172
/b/ has a thread of that up right now.
>>>/b/694106922
>>
>>80617730
Yeah except I lose a shit load of money I could spend on food instead.
They all fucking die after a few years anyway, I don't like the idea of refreshing tech.
>>
>>80620253
>y=6

OH FUCK FUCK NO FUCK
>>
>>80613908
Sucks Google sees my big bitch fetish....sad
>>
>>80615667
You're the only one saying those things
>>
File: comfy.jpg (267 KB, 1214x1206) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
267 KB, 1214x1206
>>80614941
why does the cia care about my small trashy home in the middle of nowhere
>>
>>80613639
Just whisper nigger from time to time into your mic
>>
>all those "yeah, you're already under surveillance, so just don't think about it" shills

Kill yourselves.
>>
File: Attach128396_20160708_072836.png (305 KB, 630x422) Image search: [Google]
Attach128396_20160708_072836.png
305 KB, 630x422
>download game
>works for 5 seconds, couldn't figure out how to catch the starting Pokémon
>try again and it can't find GPS signal
>realize it's intrusive but still wanna play
>just decide not to tell people im a retard and that it's gay

Game is gay.
>>
>>80622024
You are gay.
>>
File: 1467640266905.gif (337 KB, 215x194) Image search: [Google]
1467640266905.gif
337 KB, 215x194
>>80621523
sup
>>
>normies getting autistic for some digital pets
just another day, giving out your location is cancer, always.
Always use a proxy.
Always try not to give out personal info.
Use Dynamic IP.

Don't be a dumbass and succumb to ten minutes of joy in exchange for your privacy.

If you connect your windows machine to the internet you're a retard and deserve what you'll get.

>>80618530
only educated and useful post in the entire thread.
>>
>>80622024
GAAAAYYYYY
>>
>>80613908
This isnt how you Candlejack you fucki
>>
>>80622379
DEHZEEGNATUHED
>>
>>80613908

Looks like Candlejack is coming to get y
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 197x256) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 197x256
I really like the concept. They should have rare pokemon in national parks and mountain peaks to encourage people to get out of the house.
>>
File: 1468205870127.gif (2 MB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1468205870127.gif
2 MB, 600x600
This is SLANDEROUS

Anyone posting in this thread will be by association going up against Alphabet and their lawyer.

Think carefully and don't post, OP DELETE THIS
>>
>>80613908
this, im fucked. I even bought a nexus 6P and linked my online presence account. All the shit I liked, where I live, eat and work. If anybody wants to hack me, they'll see all the shit I look up.

>>80610890
I did download the Pokemon Go app, deep down I knew it was going to be an invasion of privacy. But truthfully I realized I didn't want to drive around, find locations, go in houses, socialize, and point the camera at people. I do want to play, but the cons outweigh the pros. To me.
>>
>>80610796
Why the fuck would they use a game? If they want access they will get access.
Google have had this kind of power since a few years back when it got released that they could (if they wanted to) look through your camera, get your phones location, etc etc.

This is just one of many modern "games" that will come out in droves and it won't change a fucking thing if you download the game or not.
>>
I wonder what kinda pokemon you can find in in Iraq or Syria
>>
>>80623268
Were you walking around the town with your phone focusing on the road, houses and people? The thing they were getting 90% of the time was your pocket. Now they get a full HD view of what you're actually doing.

This is just a beginning.
>>
>>80623268
Looking through your camera is great, but frowned upon. Now you actively, willingly, and readily give them pics of what they want when they want.
>>
>>80623005
There should be a cosmetic, shiny pokemon at the top of MT. Everest.
>>
>>80611032
>tfw little girls won't play this game en masse
why even go through the trouble
>>
File: latiface.png (150 KB, 502x384) Image search: [Google]
latiface.png
150 KB, 502x384
>>80620172
I have this.
>>
>>80616866
the second you post on 4chan a shadow account is made for you, stored on a server, and your IP links to that shadow account

by posting any message a mod or anon or agency can link that post to your IP and to your other posts, as well as to your personal information

you are about as anonymous as you are on facebook
>>
>>80623690
>>80623770
People walking around texting 24/7 with their phones glued to their faces right infront of them, or people walking around talking in their phones.. hence holding it steady on the right or left ear.
I guess that's not a problem then.

I tried the game app because of this thread and when I walked outside the first 3-4 pokemons was on the ground.. which means I had to point my phone down in the ground to see the pokemon. But I guess Google can rotate the camera and see people infront of you.
>>
>>80623811
some of us like boys you asshole.
>>
>download Pokemon go to see what all of the hype's about
>make account and immediately find 2 Pokemon in my room
>point camera at dick while catching my first bulbasaur
take that Google
>>
>>80624537
Post screenshot
>>
>>80613908
you didnt even mention candlejack you absolu
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-11-12-40-18.png (552 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-11-12-40-18.png
552 KB, 1080x1920
>>80610796
Mfw I fucking love this game. Suck shit pussies
>>
>>80618530
If the website or program is free, you are the product.
>>
File: 1464412161518.gif (497 KB, 250x374) Image search: [Google]
1464412161518.gif
497 KB, 250x374
>>80610796
>something is popular
>tinfoils scatters to come up with laughable bullshit on how its all some huge conspiracy
Everytime
>>
>>80624834
literally copied from the /r/conspiracy thread
>>
>>80625122
That doesn't change what they said.
Especially because the coins can be gained defending gyms.
>>
I installed it, but which saint will make me go cross the street to catch a fucking Pokemon?
>>
File: _1317685080291.jpg (747 KB, 800x952) Image search: [Google]
_1317685080291.jpg
747 KB, 800x952
it is NOT about GPS tracking

it is NOT about physical dangers

it is NOT about the propaganda they will slowly leak into the game in the future

this is about MY GAMEFREAK giving their franchise to a SHITTY WESTERN KEK MOBILE COMPANY to pander to normal shits

when the very first trailer was launched, you don't know how much i fucking REEEEEEEEE'd in pure anger

the main games also took a dive and traded content for shitty 3D graphics only normalshits get impressed by

BUT IT'S OKAY BRO IT'S POKEMON ORIGINAL 150 FTW
(150 IS INCORRECT. IT IS 151)

these same normalshits were the ones who laughed at people who play pokemon, and now, they are hopping on it with the cheap, shitty, intrusive watered-down pokemon go

don't even mention how i'm mad. it's very fucking obvious i am

gens iii-v was the pinnacle. there is no argument for this
>>
>>80610796
>not turning off camera mode
>not holding your phone cover in front of the camera at all time
>>
File: 1465526298454.png (690 KB, 850x464) Image search: [Google]
1465526298454.png
690 KB, 850x464
People keep saying theyll 'Spawn rare pokemon and people take pictures for them'

Because all the pokemon I catch are actually a block or two away, my vr is off, and everybody is pointing their phones at the grass since pokes spawn on the ground and not in peoples windows

like a typical government project, this is ineffective and not useful
>>
>>80624678
damn son
>>
>>80610890
>>80610818
>>80610796
You do know on android 6.0 you can turn off permissions to stop an app from accessing things.

Futhermore object recognition has been a thing in Machine Learning for years now.

Secondly you are using this game on a phone whose OS is made by Google. Its funny that you think they would spy on you via some app and not embed it in the OS where you cant deny it accesses and such.
>>
>>80610796
I have an apple device for personal use and a flip phone for business. Honestly I doubt that Google is getting any relevant info from my personal phone.
>>
>>80624537
Google knows exactly what your dick looks like now. Now if any one wanted to hack your cock and turn you gay they could (which means they will). Expect gang stalking and false flags at work tomorrow
>>
>>80614938

> the idea of them using your phone to scan the inside of your house is retarded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe10ExwzCqk

"The US Naval Surface Warfare Center has created an Android app that secretly records your environment and reconstructs it as a 3D virtual model for a malicious user to browse"
http://www.technologyreview.com/view/429394/placeraider-the-military-smartphone-malware/

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2012/09/scary-new-malware-uses-your-phone-to-make-a-map-of-your-house-for-robbers/

http://www.relaxedtech.com/news/2014/google-launches-project-tango/
>>
>>80611944
We're you alive for tamagotchi? Think 2x that except all ages are playing it. Ages 6-30+
>>
>>80610796
just one think you don't search fro pokemons with the camera, you just use it if you want it too look like the pokemon is in the real world.
you could trun the camera off (which make it more comfortable)
>>
We lost moot
https://twitter.com/moot/status/752564273084149760
>>
>>80616738
Underrated
>>
>>80625261
Doesn't apply for linux
>>
>>80610796
I'm just more worried about robberies and child abductions.

We're literally letting manchildren interact with teenagers and kids, some of the older "kids" are damn fucked in the head.
>>
File: 1468090447046.jpg (117 KB, 1101x666) Image search: [Google]
1468090447046.jpg
117 KB, 1101x666
>>80613302
People are already dying- everything about this game and anything like it is a bad idea.
>>
This thread is fucking retarded. The smell of tin foil is going through everyone's noses.
>>
>>80614884
It's the 1st Gen ... so ya sorta
>>
>>80619135
> 3spoopy5me
The bogan's got a point- augmented reality and heavily filtered, pop-up ads everywhere, and pretty much everyone will opt in
>>
>>80610796
absolutely fascinating. I think it may even be darker than what you say. I think you're right. it just makes too much sense. Like some kind of Jade Helm data experiment
>>
>>80624678
Bitch, Rhydon this dick.
>>
>>80619135
>see beautiful woman through my digital lens using the filter
>touch it
>feel hairy fat woman.
>>
>>80613719
>Nintendo is dying
The 3DS is the only handheld that's actually selling.
The Wii-U was a blunder, but far from killing Nintendo.
>>
>>80616738
Absolutely haram.
>>
>>80616516
Yeah, but most people aren't obsessively wandering about with the camera facing front for hours a day. What is it with Google wanting people to have front facing cameras in front of them, hmmmmm?
>>
>>80626046
Of course he's shilling this, he works for Google after all.
>>
Question. How easy is it for the cybernetic jew to locate you via "pinging" don't u have to be hardcore fugitive status or does local law enforcement have the power to do this with ease? I'm just curious Caz I knew this bad bitch who used to rob pharmacies and they pinged her cellphone.
>>
>>80623809
Pokemon made of lettuce on top of Everest.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.