[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Women have it tough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 33yearoldwoman.png (1 MB, 884x1110) Image search: [Google]
33yearoldwoman.png
1 MB, 884x1110
>“And what does your husband do?” a curious, well-heeled woman asks Andrea from across the canape platter.

>“He’s an electrician,” Andrea responds, already anticipating the inevitable, wide-eyed, “How interesting!” response from her new white-collar acquaintance.

>“We get it all the time, so we’re used to it,” explains the 31-year-old Long Island attorney — who asked that her last name be withheld for professional reasons — about the occupation of her husband, Jason. “But it’s a little annoying that people stereotype so much about career choice. My husband is successful, driven and a devoted dad. What more could I want?”

>Andrea is hardly the only woman in the Big Apple finding herself “dating down” — or engaging in a relationship with a man from a lower educational or social class — due to the city’s well-publicized “man shortage.” According to the latest data from the US Census Bureau, Manhattan alone has 38 percent more young, college-educated women than it does similar men, forcing ladies to consider potential mates they may have otherwise overlooked.........................

>.....................................While committing to Jason meant saying goodbye to the prospect of a glittery Manhattan lifestyle — both Jason’s son from his previous marriage and his business are on Long Island — Andrea got a loving, committed partner in return when the two wed in 2013.
>>
>dating down
Electricians make bank though
>>
>>79091138
good to she that she manned up and took care of her husband and his son
>>
>“I want to date men of a higher rank than me,” adds Lynda Valanzano, a 35-year-old divorced marketing strategist from Staten Island. “They should be a [chief officer] or business owner. I’m a director — my job is demanding, and men who don’t understand that find it intimidating.”

>Valanzano feels like sticking to these standards — even if it means remaining single indefinitely — will only lay the groundwork for a rock-solid relationship in the future. “I find it very hard to meet a man who meets my criteria,” she admits. “I feel like the ones who do are playboys and aren’t ready to settle down. Honestly, as much as we’ve broken gender stereotypes in the workplace, not much has changed at home. I think most men want to feel like they are a breadwinner.”

>“It’s a woman’s right to say she wouldn’t marry a janitor. Women feel guilty [about saying] parameters out loud, but they shouldn’t,” she says. “That said, it’s also unfair to say that you’ll only marry someone who’s a VP at a bank. You have to ask yourself, ‘OK, what does success mean? Is it being self-made, motivated, and passionate?’ Because those attributes can absolutely be found in a blue-collar guy.”

Those poor, poor upper-class women are getting any breaks these days.

http://nypost.com/2016/06/01/the-solution-to-nycs-man-drought-date-down/
>>
>>79091334
?
An average investment banker or lawyer in manhattan will make 250k atleast, probably more like 500k.

A good electrician will be lucky to make half of that.

In other cities you are right though, there probably isn't a discrepancy.
>>
>>79091552
>women force young men out of white collar professions because they get preferential hiring treatment due to hitting gender quotas (all the old management is white males and they can't be removed, so to hit the quotas you need your new hires to be women)

>complain when there are no single white collar educated men
>>
>>79091714
>Manhattan alone has 38 percent more young, college-educated women than it does similar men, forcing ladies to consider potential mates they may have otherwise overlooked.
Yes! But did you miss the part where theres a disparity in Manhattan now for eligible women. The island is so hip and potential employers are very welcoming to hire young women that now there s glut. It's so sad.
>>
>Dont talk to me or my husband's son ever again
>>
>>79091714
If you have a business and employ multiple people you can make much more than that tho.

On the long term investment bankers have abetter prospect but its much eaiser to make money having a bunch of electricians working for you than being a banker as being a banker is mostly about connections and good insight, which both are very hard to get (unless you're jewish or already rich)
>>
>>79091138
They've been sold a lie, but is sad to some extent.
Less hardworking women in the gene pool. And sadly women practice hypergamy, they will always opt for the next best thing, and have ne real loyalty to the men they are with. I guarantee you that if some investment banker gave andrea in the article a wink she would be putting that poor electrician on the street.

I use to be happy about this and think
>"Good they fucking deserve it"
But a bunch of old corporate women who didn't have enough "mr. Big's" to go around are going to push feminism so hard, those Matriarchy butt plug fetish roleplay threads will pale in comparison
>>
>>79092361
My thoughts exactly.
>>
File: 1467148701497.gif (3 MB, 350x212) Image search: [Google]
1467148701497.gif
3 MB, 350x212
>>79091138
>dating down
i wish cunts like these had a tag so i could avoid them like cancer , frail shallow parasites.
>>
File: 328.gif (494 KB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
328.gif
494 KB, 500x259
>>79092708
>those Matriarchy butt plug fetish roleplay threads will pale in comparison
What did I miss?
>>
>nonprofit professional and published author

How do these people live so well? I often see "non profit activists" actually being quite well off, i.e. generating a lot of profit..
>>
>>79092595
Sure but how many owners of large electrical companies are there in Manhatten? Probably can't be more than a dozen tops.

Meanwhile there are tens of thousands of investment bankers and corporate lawyers there.

I don't think its too hard of a field to get into. I work in IB in toronto and it's full of retards. I feel like most people who are intelligent work in medicine, engineering, programming, etc etc. You are right about networking and ass kissing being 90% of the job. Also the hours are shit compared to most professions
>>
>>79093408
because a lot of ngos and charities have only like 70% program to administrative expense ratio.

AKA fat bull dykes skim a ton of donations off the top for themselves.

It's why tax credits for ""charitable donations"" are a terrible idea. It's welfare for bitches like that
>>
File: 1462424060210.jpg (544 KB, 1269x1226) Image search: [Google]
1462424060210.jpg
544 KB, 1269x1226
>>79091138
I'm mad
>>
>>79093571
>Sure but how many owners of large electrical companies are there in Manhatten? Probably can't be more than a dozen tops.
Probably not since Manhattan is so expensive that even high paying blue collar guys have to live in Brooklyn or Jersey. So it's not like the women hang-out in the same social groups as the guys.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.