[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Australians generally based? I'm aware they turned away
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Are Australians generally based? I'm aware they turned away immigrants, so clearly they aren't anywhere near as bad as some European countries, but I honestly have no idea how the average aussie feels on the subject. How do normie australians feel about SJW shit? How do they feel about immigrants? The state of their gun control? Did they have any of this safe space bullshit? I need to know more about our true greatest ally. Not gonna lie, I love the shitposting. All aussies do it, even the most famous aussie athletes in the American media. Pic related

I always thought of Australia as bizzaro america. I feel like we're the most similar countries in the anglosphere. We even both have useless liberal neighbors: canada and NZ.
>>
bump pls australia tell me of your people
>>
>>78247633
skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2016/06/21/australians-nervous-about-president-trump.html
Most australians are against the asylum seeker detention centers because they're considered inhumane. I doubt most people realise that the ones getting caught trying to illegally enter the country are no longer fleeing war - they already successfully fled war and instead of staying in indonesia (a country which better matches their country of origin) they go on incredibly shady boats with a high chance of death or getting caught

The oldest generation are the only thing keeping the right wing (really more centrist) party in power. When they die out it'll be significantly harder for them to maintain or regain power. The modern generation is almost entirely far lefties - and if you're not a far leftie, you don't bother speaking about politics much otherwise it'll cause unwinnable fights with them
>>
SJW/feminism shit is a joke. On my fb which is full of normies, there are always memes about how offended people get, retarded feminists etc

People are left wing here but a LOT of people hate immigrants, they just won't tell anyone but their close friends.

The girls here are pretty cucked but not as bad as European/American women. Australian men outside of hipster enclaves in Sydney and Melbourne are generally anti immigrant. Australian tradesmen are redpilled as fuck.

All in all, sort of cucked. SJW is seen as a joke by most milennials but the shit that comes out of Melbourne is depressing.

Hope you enjoyed my ramblings. I'm an Italian from the Western Sydney suburbs.
>>
>>78248545

The far left modern generation will all vote Liberal once they start making bank. Circle of life, we'll be ok.

I'm banking on shit to go down in Europe and the USA so we start closing shit off and learn from their mistakes.

Almost all working class males here are redpilled as fuck.
>>
>>78247633

Australia is a difficult country to understand politically. You could divide it down to two things; city and country. Unlike other countries, we have only a few dense population centres and miles of fucking nothing interspersed with the occasional town. What tends to happen is a constant cultural flux between country people going to the city and city folks going to the country.

As a culture, we're probably far more collectively conservative than most other anglo nations, but this is offset by a few loud left leaning pundits, and I think one or two loud right leaning pundits in our laughably small media sphere. As a shorthand: If you're watching public access (ABC) you're looking at a more culturally left leaning experience. They get mandates from the government on what they broadcast and I know for a fact they push the multicultural agenda quite heavily. That's why you'll see a lot of "nation of immigrants" stuff. Also, last time I checked, the heads of the ABC are all jewish.

The alternative is the private networks 7, 9 and 10. There are a few others; pretty much all owned by either Rupert Murdoch or Kerry Packer. Very corporatist and very much right leaning.

The result is you watch one of two types of media and your opinion is generally informed by it. This has changed a bit in the last year or two, but what's happening now is the internet is informing the youth, and we have SJW creep in the universities.

(cont.)
>>
>>78247633

Andrew Bogut is the only australian I'll ever respect.
>>
>>78249890

I'll give you an example. I just finished my masters, they hired a new head of school, someone who has actual professional cred in-industry. She also happens to be a die hard feminist and I mean pedantic about it too. It was a media degree and I mentioned I'd need an extra camera-man to help out with a documentary I was shooting and as I went into the logistics of why I got shut down and lectured as to why I should be using the gender-neutral term "Camera-person" to which I looked at her blankly and then repeated I needed an extra camera-man. I didn't get the additional help I needed.

I also had a run in with a person who was doing an undergrad who started banging on about how racism was 'structural' and I took her to task on it (womens studies). I wasn't aware of it at the time, but there was a real shift in the political landscape of the learning institution I went to over a seven year gap. None of this stuff seemed to exist prior.

As for the boat people, frankly upwards of 90% of the men I speak to about it have no problem with the idea of detaining illegals. Nearly the opposite of women agree though, it's the humanitarian element that's problematic. There have also been a lot of badly handled things happening with the offshore detention, things like people being raped by the locals. It's not a great system, but it's probably the best one for the country.
>>
>>78247633
Depends on where you are. The big cities have disgusting sub-human asian filth, feminist and beta male pussies.

But I grew up rural and out here feminism isn't a thing. Blokes are blokes and people detest Asians, Indians and any non Australian with a passion.
>>
>>78250529
>problematic

Oh no. They're getting to you too.
>>
>>78249890
>>78250529
This.
>>
>>78250529
It seems like most universities in other countries have the SJW problem. Only a few here have it. I went to university in Arizona and we didn't have any of those issues. There were no protests, no safe space bullshit, no gender neutral terms, etc. The only time I was ever exposed to something like that was when some spic in an Urban Policy course talked about how we shouldn't use the term "illegal immigrant" because it's derogatory. The conversation went as follows, and it was the professor (based former police chief of detroit nigger) saying this not a student:
>So you don't think we should say illegal immigrant?
>no
>What are the people who cross the border?
>People seeking a better life
>Okay, but what do we call people moving from one country to another?
>Immigrants
>Alright, so we can call them immigrants, unless you have a better term for it?
>Yeah, or visitors
>Well if they plan on staying here, they aren't visitors are they?
>No
>So what are they?
>Immigrants
>And they crossed the border to get here?
>Yes
>And if they did not go through or pursue legal recourse to gain residency here, or to gain a temporary stay. What do we call them?
>Undocumented
>Alright, and if you stay here without the proper procedure, what do we call that?
>...illegal
>Exactly
>Well it's different, they're looking for a better opportunity
>Well I'm sure there are plenty of people from countries like Canada, Nigeria, Uganda, Serbia, or Azerbaijan that would love to seek a better economic opportunity here. So why do we let it slide when migrants from one country sneak in, but not another?
>no response
Dude was based. Also I had a girlfriend who's dad was canadian and eventually had to go back because his green card didn't get renewed even though he was in a high level sales position making a quarter of a million a year. So I've actually met someone who illegal immigration fucked over
>>
>>78248545
It's just weird to me, because almost every Aussie I've talked to, about a dozen and a half, have vehemently spoken against immigrants. They hate abos too. And I also learned abo is a racist term but it didn't stop them. It was a bunch of white dudes if that helps. From all over. Generally the same attitude
>>78249890
>Unlike other countries, we have only a few dense population centres and miles of fucking nothing interspersed with the occasional town. What tends to happen is a constant cultural flux between country people going to the city and city folks going to the country.
Well you're literally describing America there m8.
>>
>>78247633
We have a massive, MASSIVE "silent majority" that is completely politically inactive until questions of immigration and/or national security are brought up. This is why Australia's media is heavily liberal, and why our millennials are delusional enough to think that they live in some kind of public opinion marxist utopia.

- Australia is never going to reverse the Pacific Solution
- Australia has not legalised gay marriage, being the only western holdout alongside Italy
- Both of our main parties are centre right but Labor is trying to bait liberals by pretending they care about them, despite being firmly in favour of detention on Nauru

Just some examples. The gun situation will never be unfucked though.
>>
>>78248545
>>78251797
Both major parties have had to take an anti illegal immigration stance because of effective 'stop the boats' is for getting votes.

The press love to get sentimental about boat kebabs, which creates a misleading impression on what public opinion actually is.
>>
>>78247633
come lurk in the auspol discussion tonight mate

just remember to keep ya trap shut and that fuckin flag well hidden
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.