[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
David Irving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
What is /pol/'s opinion on David Irving?
I just found out about him and watched some of his lectures on Hitler and the 3rd Reich.
>>
>>76716888
His opinion on Anne Frank was hilarious.

"I haven't read her diary, but it's bullshit because I say so."
>>
>>76717230
Apparently her diary was written in ball point pen, which hadn't been invented yet.
Don't know how accurate that is, but pretty interesting.
>>
>>76717306
It wasn't, although it's an often repeated claim.

What happened was that, after the war, Otto Frank went through the scraps of paper that she had written on and numbered them with a ballpoint pen. A decade or so later, they were submitted to forensic investigators, one of whom wrote annotations on the pages again in ballpoint. This was later taken as evidence by some that the diary was counterfeit (the forensic investigators concluded it was not).

What Irving did was skim read the last few pages of the diary and conclude that Anne sounded too mature. If he had read the entire thing he would have realised that she gradually becomes more serious as the war goes on.

I don't know about his other stuff. His early books are ok, apparently.
>>
>>76716888
Awesome guy. I can't imagine all the shit he's gone through in his search for truth.
>>
>>76716888
Never heard of him. Not going to look him up. Why dont you tell us something?
>>
>>76717731
Well he doesn't seem to like reading stuff that he thinks might be false or tampered with.
He has never read Mein Kampf for example, because he found out that the published version wasn't wasn't as Hitler had written it.
>>
>>76717912
He's a Holocaust denier.
>>
>>76717731
>writing on an historical document
I think I'm going to be sick.
>>
>>76718020
Are you being ironic?
>>
>>76717912
Historian who wrote the most complete biography on Hitler. Unlike anybody else who has written books about Hitler, he actually got to meet almost every member of Hitler's personal staff.

I can almost guarantee you can't turn this off if you listen to the first 5 minutes of him speaking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tABCVg6qODg
>>
>>76719133
>video not available in your country
T-thanks jews
>>
File: 1459882903584.jpg (62 KB, 431x416) Image search: [Google]
1459882903584.jpg
62 KB, 431x416
>>76719580

The fact that they ban his videos means he's right. It's pretty simple shit really.
>>
>>76719580
try this one, or just search the title in Youtube.
It's worth watching.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwp7tVZuXKM
>>
>>76719580
Try this one then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgZZsCN8Y_g

Or see if you can find it yourself. It's called:
David Irving - The faking of Adolf Hitler for history
>>
>>76717230
I haven't read it either, but I did read about how the author sued Anne's dad for royalties after it became successful.
And won, ofc.

Also Irving is a fucking legend, he talks about what he knows, has a fine mind for dates and will stitch up anyone who left a paper trail for him to follow.

Best historian of all time desu.
>>
>>76716888

Never heard of him before, looking him up now.
How was he discredited? Did he manipulate any facts? I cant find any evidence to say what he did other than a few brief snippets in wikipedia's sources and then news articles calling him a nazi.

> "[Irving] lcaimed that Lipstadt's book accuses him of falsifying historical facts in order to support his theory that the Holocaust never happened. This of course discredited his reputation as a historian. >[...] On 11 April, High Court judge Charles Gray ruled against Irving, concluding that he indeed qualified as a Holocaust denier and anti-Semite and that as such he has distorted history in order to defend his hero, Adolf Hitler."

>Deborah Lipstadt is Dorot Professor of Modern Jewish and Holocaust Studies and director of The Rabbi Donald A. Tam Institute for Jewish Studies at Emory University. She is the author of two books about the Holocaust. Her book Denying the Holocaust: The Growing Assault on Truth and Memory led to the 2000 court case in which she defeated and discredited Holocaust denier David Irving.
>>
File: 1459888966264.png (91 KB, 800x798) Image search: [Google]
1459888966264.png
91 KB, 800x798
>>76719711

Also the fact that the holocaust is the only historical event that's ever been made illegal to question, or scrutinize in any way, simply proves it's illegitimacy.

But you cucks can say whatever you want, I don't have time today to argue.
>>
>>76719133
Can confirm.
I ain't opening that my niggles.
Truly fascinating bloke. He's had it up the ass for years too, fires, accidents, cavity searches in airports.
He names the jew and it's believable.
>>
>>76719919
I love how he randomly found some German medical records referring to "Patient A", then looked up the date of the bomb attempt on Hitler and found out it's Hitler's original medical records, and so debunked all the claims of Hitler having STD's.
>>
>>76719982
Watch some of his videos. He's awesome. He's book are free. He spent 2 years working in Germany to learn German. He read actually primary sources. Went around collecting journals and diaries. Translating logs and documents. Interviewing people. Most researchers didn't bother learning German or doing that degree of research. Plus he was persecuted like a terrorist for his work.

In the future his books are going to be preserved.
>>
>>76719919
Nah, it was the author of the play, Levin. Frank wanted to make a play out of the thing for some reason, hired Levin, then dropped him later. Levin got angry and sued.
>>
File: 1464932492884.jpg (53 KB, 810x744) Image search: [Google]
1464932492884.jpg
53 KB, 810x744
>>76716888
He is my hero.
>>
>>76718020
Not anymore
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.