[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sigmafuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4
FUCK
THIS
SHIT
H
I
T

It's all. Thanks for attention.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution100 dpi
Vertical Resolution100 dpi
>>
Sigma is shit. Hope you learned your lesson.
H
I
T
>>
>50D
>missing focus randomly after 2m, no infinity focus.
>went to service with body
>nothing changes, but it started to missfocus at all distances. Still cannot even focus on infinity.
>Bought dock-station, i can bring only infinity or 1-2m distance in right spot, not both
>FUCK THIS
>moung this shit on old 350d, whoorah, no focus problems
>DOWNGRADE NAO
Thanks, smegma!
>>
>>2801807
You seem to have missed focus on that image.
>>
File: YouDontSayBlackSS.png (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
YouDontSayBlackSS.png
32 KB, 500x500
>>2801813
>Sigma
>Missed focus
>>
>and people are bashing Pentax for the AF
Seriously?
>>
>>2801812
Yep sounds about right.
Then you have to deal with the guys that got lucky with theirs calling you out for "user error" haha.
>>
And more
>paid and made another camera body calibration
>OPPPS, smigma still missing!
>Any other lens are working fucking perfect.
I'm ready to explode.
>>
>>2801827
I know that that lens can work exelent on some bodies. And it works much well on my old shitty 350d, but I need it work with my main camera! It works like shit with 50d, not even consistent front/back, but random misses.Updated frimwares, sent camera+lens and body after to services, no result, bought dock, no result.
Fucking sigma, why don't they still have sollutuon for this?
>>
>>2801841
Sell it with the dock, buy the Tamron 35 SP instead. It has IS.
>>
>>2801846
I'm looking to Canon 35/2 IS USM, no more 3rd party as main lens.
But it has x2 price at my local stored, compared to what i can got, selling smigma.
I just wasted money for services, calibrations and only part of money for lens and dock will be paid to me back.
>>
>>2801812
>SLR
>phase focus
you were asking for this all along, anon. sigma has a mirrorless mount 30 1.4 c where focus error doesn't exist.
>>
>>2801807
Gast, wat is jouw probleem?

Ga gewoon naar buiten en maak kunst met je "kunst" lens.
>>
>>2801855
Tamron has no focus issues. It's also L-lens category.
>>
>>2801859
Everyone else can make a consistently focusing lens for SLR PDAF. Except Sigma.
>>
>>2801864
Its too fresh lens - no user cases about shooting them for several years. But many good rewiews already about canon. Flickr tamry 35mm group is almost empty with less then 500 images.
>>
>>2801887
And how are those 500 photos looking? Good or meh?
>>
>>2801863
>mede neerlanders op dit /p/ruts board
>>
>>2801841
>complain why his dinosaur doesn't work with new lens
>>
I found the old version of this lens to be pretty consistently front focusing so I just did the micro adjustments in cam and after that it's just front of in tungsten but I know how to compensate that for now and I'm pretty drunk
>>
great lens, focusing no problem here wide - dxomark never lies
maybe stop buying from grey market or some chink site

alll u have to do is fork over $60 for the usb adapter, ez money
>>
>>2801950
SALT THE WOUND!
>>
I don't get smegma fanbois. It's semi functional garbage.

>Muh ART lenses.
>>
>>2801971
do you "get" any fanboys?
>>
>>2801971
name me another manufacturer with a full-frame 20/1.4. I'll wait.
>>
>>2801807
the 30mm 1.4 was always shit. thats why it's cheap as fuck, which is why you should've gotten the 24, 35, or 50 yiu retard
>>
>>2801986
Who cares about fool frame. I'm team FUJI. That superior leica-like fujion glass.
>>
Never had any problems with Sigma, myself.
Got any complaints more articulate than "it a shit"?
>>
>>2802048
I had the pre-Art 50mm and the AF on it was pretty bad. Front focus at close distance, and back focus at far distances, couldn't be fixed even when shipping to Sigma for calibration. Tried literally five copies and kept the best one. Lots of aberrations too.

Also had the 35 Art and it was my favorite lens I've ever owned. So.
>>
>>2801993
I use Fuji XF glass on my FF Canon body.

Check and mate, faggot.
>>
>>2801923
>lens works even with more older shit.
>no list of compability or aware notices
>>
>>2801923
Lol, try to use it with 70d or 750d. Autofocus is going crazy.
>>
>>2801807
I say disregard the slavic mongoloid responsible for this thread.
I have this lense, it works perfectly on my 550D, my mates 5D3, my 300V and both of my 30V's.
>>
>>2802140
UKR desu, are you rasist?
I don't even care this smigma works fine on 8/10 EF/EF-S mount cameras. My problem is it don't work's on other 2/10 and mine included.
>Works fine for me
Typical smigma user
>>
>>2802147
Bitch I might be.
My problem is that your English is terrible and that you or your old as shit rabals are almost certainly more defective than this new and excellent lense.
>>
>>2802148
Judging from your rude behavior and ignorance you must be an americlap.
>>
>>2802175
>rude
lol
>igonorance
lol

>UKR desu, are you rasist?

>My problem is it don't work's on other 2/10 and mine included.

yurotime on full retard watch
>>
>>2802176
>>>/b/
>>
>>2802177
UKR desu, are you rasist?
My problem is it don't work's on other 2/10 and mine included.
>>
>>2801986
:^)
>>
>>2802148
My english will be better one day, but smigma AF not :3
>>
>>2801971
It's the "you can get sharp ass lenses for cheaper than the Canikony equivalents" meme, which is assuming that sharpness is the only end goal of a lens ever.
>>
>41 replies
>18 posters
someone's salty.

very salty.
>>
>>2802052
>crop body lenses on full frame
You know how I know you're full of shit?
>>
>>2802243
Too awhile huh, you retard Slav :^)
>>
>>2801807
But how's the Art 30mm 2.8?
>>
>>2804983
Quite good on a Sony E-mount camera, but not quite as nicely sharp as the 60mm f/2.8.
>>
>>2802452
Don't know about Canon, but my D800 has crop modes.
It even changes the viewfinder so you can frame properly.
>>
>>2805035
Canon doesn't, but so long as the flange distance is alright, then the only difference is you have a lot of vignetting to crop out.
>>
>>2801812
>50D
>missing focus

Imagine that.
>>
>>2804983
I've got a 30mm 2.8 emount.
I haven't had any problems with it. Sharp to the edges, fast autofocus. The continuous autofocus only lights up a few zones in the middle tho. I don't know what that's about. I haven't investigated much because I don't use continuous af much.
>>
>>2805065
So...what? Any other lens, even macro with tiny DOF works well.
>>
Found an issue:
When several AF points selected, this shit miss focus everytime.
With siggle point it focus right.
F. Fucking smigma.
>>
>>2805979
Why would you use more than one focus point?

You can only focus at one distance at a time.
>>
>>2806015
Because I don't want to choose focus point manually for each shot.
>>
>>2806015
>Canon user detected

Using a field of focus points with a reliable focus system means you don't have to focus-recompose or constantly be moving your focus point around. Especially useful for quick moving situations or subjects, tracking, etc.
>>
>>2801807
I actually bought a sigma camera. The one on the pic is mine. Along with the close up lens. And i love it.

U mad?
>>
>>2806028
I'm mad when you post out of focus snapshits you made with it.
>>
>>2806136
Why should they be out of focus? The autofocus of the Merrills is not fast, but it is accurate. And i use the manual focus in first place. This picture was made with a DP2 Merrill too. I actually own two DP2 Merrills.
>>
>>2806028
>>2806159
pls see
>>2802625
>>2802642
>>
>>2806164
Troll/10
>>
>>2806166
>btfo/10
>>
>>2806171
Listen up, dumbfuck. The unsharpness at some corners is not the fault of the camera. It is a macro phot made using the close up adapter. Shooting an image with f/2.8 at a close distance to the object means a very shallow plane of DoF. The mistake was using f/2.8 instead of something more like f/8, and the second mistake was to not adjust the camera on the tripod to perfectly match the plane of the DoF of the cam with the object. You should be always perfectly parallel to the object in macro photography.

The mistakes mentioned can (and does) happen on every camera. This is not specially related to the Sigma.

So, you're just dumb or Troll/10.
>>
>>2806179
>why is it that everytime I get in an argument with a slovenian dirt farmer on fourchannel, I forget that they're illiterate morons?
>>
>>2806179
>says someone is a troll.
>replies to him anyways.
>>
Sigma is the best company in modern photo industry. They have innovative lens designs, Foveon, and DP compacts. They pushed photography more in the last 10 years then Canon and Nikon combined
>>
>>2806315
But you have to use every lens just as manual with fucked AF.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.