[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw ordered a russian half frame camera on ebay >description
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Man-Disappointed.jpg (11 KB, 251x372) Image search: [Google]
Man-Disappointed.jpg
11 KB, 251x372
>tfw ordered a russian half frame camera on ebay
>description says it has cosmetic wear but otherwise it works just like intended
>it comes in the mail
>load film in
>advance the film and click the shutter x2
>prepared to take my first photo
>the shutter release doesn't click anymore
>film is stuck
>try this two times with different film roll
>just wasted 2 rolls of film

what do guys
>>
Find the most expensive return postage and get your money back whilst fucking over the untrustworthy seller.

This is why i try and buy my stuff from japan, if you get fucked over you get to usually keep the item because the return recorded postage on a camera is about £60. No one wants to pay that for broken camera stuff.

Never return an item not with recorded post.
>>
>>2728392
>>http://www.lomography.com/magazine/31176-chaika-3-half-frame-for-the-space-age
>After putting it through its paces, I discovered a problem with the fastest shutter speed setting. The first shot at the fastest shutter speed works as expected, but the film advance stop stops working so that I can just keep winding and winding. At the same time, when I wind to the next frame, the shutter automatically fires. So, I can actually use this to take several rapid-fire shots in a row without pressing the shutter release button. I just wind to the next frame and it automatically shoots the next picture. I can fix this by switching back to a slower shutter speed. When I do this, I can slowly advance the film and the shutter will stay open in “B” mode until I wind all the way to the next frame.

You're probably just retarded.
I'm glad you wasted two rolls of film, you don't deserve happiness.
>implying loading a russian half-frame camera has ever NOT been a waste of film
>>
Which camera? My Agat 18K developed a sticking problem and I fixed it by taking the camera apart. The problem was that the spring inside the winder knob had gotten crooked because I wound it too hard/far when advancing the film. Was an easy enough fix.
>>
>Not dry firing the shutter of a used camera at least two dozen times before reaching for film.
>Reaching for a second roll of film before attempting to dry fire the shutter.
Really OP?
Also, if you couldn't get the shutter to release, how is the film ruined??? It hasn't been exposed.
>>
>>2728778
Guys, don't make fun of me but this is my first time with a film camera. So I rewound the film back and accidentally put it completely into the film cassette. I tried to unwind it by spinning the top of the spool thingy but nothing comes out.

>>2728768
Yes! It's an Belomo Agat 18K. I'm gonna take it apart soon just wondering if this is a user error or something is wrong with the camera. I will try your fix, thank you for the help!
>>
>>2729285
wew lad
>>
>she bought photo equipment from ukraine

wow pal.
>>
>>2729285
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOLWi6R5sCE
It works, I did it last week when my stupid camera thought it was necessary to rewind my newly installed film.
If it doesn't work at first, try letting it stick inside a bit longer until pulling it out
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.