[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw see "professional" wedding photographers using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: ux-a07082700ux0006-ux-c.jpg (12 KB, 600x289) Image search: [Google]
ux-a07082700ux0006-ux-c.jpg
12 KB, 600x289
>mfw see "professional" wedding photographers using these on their flashes when shooting outdoors.
>>
>>2881556
>mfw you'll never be a professional photographer because you have no people skills and that's more important than whatever autistic thing triggers you about flash guns
>>
Excuse my ignorance

If by shooting outdoors you mean using the flash for fill flash, and they're using it on-camera, what difference does it make? Probably a small loss of power, maybe -1/3 or -2/3 stop less than a bare flash, right? It doesn't drastically increase the size of the light so what effect does it have on quality of light?

So the result is having to use higher flash power, resulting in slower recycle time and higher power consumption?
>>
>>2881565
You are right. And when you are indoors less light is directed forward directly to the subject because some of it is instead directed to the sides, over and above the flash. From there on it bounces onto your subject. This means the fill light is spread out more throughout your scene.

The benefit it grants is small, but the drawbacks don't really hurt, so everyone just leaves it on the flash at all times. OPs raging is not justified.
>>
I don't get it. Why I shouldn't use it on my outdoors portraits?
>>
>>2881560
THIS SO FUCKING MUCH.
>>
>>2881577
It makes the light softer and prevents ugly hard shadows. Even a little bit in that context helps a lot.
>>
>>2881606
This. I'd use a foldable diffuser though but that's completely fine. I'd be more worried seeing a photographer using direct flash indoors without bouncing
>>
>>2881632

Can't wait for your exciting photos of trash bins
>>
>>2881606
>It makes the light softer and prevents ugly hard shadows.
how soft the light is depends on how wide the light source area is, and the light source area isn't made wider by that piece of plastic
a foldable diffuser would work instead, like >>2881621 mentioned, because the diffuser does make the source wider
>>
>>2881556
>using flash.
>>
>>2882473
>"I'm an ambient light photographer."
>>
>>2882577
>not having an a7s ii, smegma 20mm f1.4 + mc11 and shoot wide open with iso 25600 all day.
>>
>>2882585
>missing the point
>>
>>2881556
one 10th the cost of a stupid Gary Fong and does the same thing, why not?

also >>2881565
flash outdoors is just for fill, they should have the sun slightly behind the couple (or whoever) and use the flash just to fill the shadow
>>
>>2882585
>not understanding anything
>>
What the fuck is it to you? Not your fucking businesses what I use to achieve what I want. I'll use a dixie cup if I want to and you'll keep your mouth shut about it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.