[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we get a Fuji XT1 thread going? > pictures > gener
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7
File: XT1 icon.jpg (134 KB, 982x500) Image search: [Google]
XT1 icon.jpg
134 KB, 982x500
Can we get a Fuji XT1 thread going?
> pictures
> general
> tips/tricks
> bonus: what are the best vintage lenses for the XT1?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareEmbettered by PicMonkey. http://www.picmonkey.com
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2014:01:29 08:55:31
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width982
Image Height500
>>
>>2876404

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N1-obUC7Ms
>>
>>2876406
Does anyone have any tips for a beginner?
>>
>>2876404
Can the Fuji X-T10 also hijack this thread?

>Same sensor
>same features
>flash
>half the price
>>
File: F?.png (144 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
F?.png
144 KB, 350x262
>>2876415
Don't see why not...
*hides receipt for new XT1*
>>
X-T2 to be announced in two days.

Best and worst thing about fuji releases is that there are never any surprises.

Same old, same old + Acros film simu

>muh filmy film sims
>muh fuji colers

At least it's not shit.
>>
What off camera flash setup is the best to use with the XT1?
>>
Wow, this is the most useless thread ever created on /p/.
Do you have gear related questions? Use the /gear/ thread. Do you want a brand related discussion? Use the IRC or go on one of the many brand forums.
If you have actual photography related questions then there are many related threads from /gear/ to /rpt/ or one of the many specific photography threads.
Use the appropriate threads and delete this one!
>>
>>2876422
>>2876415
What is the point of getting the XT1?
>>
>>2876482
It's weather sealed
>>
>>2876477
Suck a dick
maybe /p/ should have threads for individual cameras etc rather than one huge one you tool.
>>
>>2876482
It's a good camera and it doesn't weigh 5 tonnes like most DSLR camers
>>
Thinking about selling my D600 24mm2.8 50mm1.8 AF-S80-200mm2.8 to get a Fujifilm XT1 35mm1.4 and 100-400mm4.5-5.6
I'm a retarded to think about it? Thoughts?
>>
>>2876497
yeah, most fujifilm stuff is out of date and you're better off waiting for something better to come along.
>>
>>2876497
On such a long lens it would be better to replace the 80-200 with the 80-400. No weight saving or size advantage with a mirrorless body there.
>>
>>2876448
Will a xt20 be announced? Will the price of the xt1 and xt10 drop? Will the xt1 be around the same price as the xt10 now? Should I wait to buy a fiji camera?
>>
>>2876488
no it should not, fuck off you worthless gearfag
>>
>>2876642
no
>>
>>2876644
why are you crying so much on 4chan, it's like your angry AND upset at the same time
>>
Taking inspiration from the focal length thread, what are your triple primes?

I'm thinking of 18mm, 23, 56.

You?
>>
>>2876488
4chan doesn't have enough space for a thread for every camera.
>>
>>2876498
kek. It's digital. Everything is always going to be out of date.
>>
>>2876767
Gonna have to disagree on the 18 and 23. There's not a world of difference between 28 and 35 (equivs). I would prob suggest either an 18 and 35 or a 14 and 23.
>>
>>2876767
I have the 23 and 56 right now, next will probably be the 16.
>>
>>2876651
No to what?
>>
File: 5555.jpg (484 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
5555.jpg
484 KB, 1000x667
>Sync speed is not 1/180 but 1/250 var PC port.
>you get slightly more DR shooting under exposing by 2 stops, how 400% dr works.
>grab a cheep filter thread lens hood for the 27mm pancake.
>Light room sucks balls at demosaic fuji raws, use something else or use the silkypix to convert in to .tiff.
>get classic chrome in older fuji cameras by changing "camera model" in the meta data.
>lcd uses less power then the evf
> xt1 has HSS with Nissin i40 in manual mode
> bonus: what are the best vintage lenses for the XT1? all of them

you faggots should start posting pictures

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T1
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.16
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)41 mm
Maker Note Version0130
Horizontal Resolution100 dpi
Vertical Resolution100 dpi
Image Created2016:07:02 23:04:47
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Brightness9.5 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceDaylight
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length27.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
SharpnessHard
White BalanceDaylight
Chroma SaturationNormal
Flash ModeOff
Focus ModeAuto
Slow Synchro ModeOff
Picture ModeManual Exposure
Continuous/Bracketing ModeOff
Blur StatusOK
Focus StatusOK
Auto Exposure StatusOK
>>
File: 1kpx140.jpg (387 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1kpx140.jpg
387 KB, 1000x750

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T1
Camera SoftwareRawTherapee
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)53 mm
Maker Note Version0130
Image Width4205
Image Height3154
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution100 dpi
Vertical Resolution100 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2015:09:16 17:48:52
Exposure Time1/1000 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/1.0
Brightness4.3 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeAverage
Light SourceDaylight Fluorescent
Focal Length35.00 mm
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
SharpnessHard
SharpnessHard
White BalanceDaylight Color Fluorescence
Chroma SaturationUnknown
Flash ModeOff
Focus ModeManual
Slow Synchro ModeOff
Picture ModeManual Exposure
Continuous/Bracketing ModeOff
Blur StatusOK
Focus StatusOK
Auto Exposure StatusOK
>>
Lolpro here, not that you guys give a fuck (and I don't blame you).

Recently sold my pro Nikon setup which included a D4, 2x D700s and a whole bunch of lenses including Tri-force zooms and f/1.4 primes.

Now shoot solely with my Fuji X-T1 setup. Amazing camera and the lenses are INCREDIBLE! The quality of the Fuji stuff blows my mind every time I use it (every day) I have never been so impressed with a camera system before and I have shot with EVERYTHING.

Anyway, obviously wouldn't recommend it for everyone yet though the X-T2 looks like it will close the gap between DSLR and mirrorless even more.

No pics since posting from my new iPhone, might pop back into the thread later tonight if I have time. Enjoy the X-T1 it's a fantastic camera.
>>
Anyone use c/y mount primes on their fuji?
>>
>>2876482
looks much better than xt-10. weather sealed. xt-10 seems like a junior version of the xt1
>>
>>2876404
I've got some great tips/tricks for newbies:
-throw your camera and lenses in the trash
-buy a Canon
OR
-Kill yourself my man
>>
>>2877037
This asshole again. I'm sick of your shitposting in every other thread and I hope you take your own advice.
>>
>>2877012
idk men, i use a xt1 someday and the EVF still not convinced at all, its slow and have a lot of noise, the autofocus its not close to a Nikon in low light. i have a d800
>>
>>2877012
>10 shekels have been deposited into your account.
>>
>>2877065

Depends what you are shooting, for amateurs I would never recommend a DSLR any more regardless of what they shoot.

For pros I wouldn't tell anyone to switch to mirrorless YET, those that do it (including myself) can make an informed decision on whether it would be suitable or not.

For example, in my case I do not need high ISO performance nor do I need peak continuous AF performance.. I do need a good amount of DR however neither the Fuji cameras or my D4 had the amount of DR that I would want, whether the D4 had a fraction more was redundant because it wasn't enough anyway.

Without going into every specification and feature, for what I get paid to shoot DSLRs were offering nothing over a Fuji setup, I can honestly say the only sacrifice I made switching to Fuji from a pro Nikon kit (for what I shoot) was battery life. However, I purchased my whole new setup for less than half the price of my older Nikon setup, the Fuji setup is infinitely lighter and easier to carry (which is beneficial when yout job requires you to haul the equipment around every single day all day for the whole year to make a living) the quality of the images from the Fuji cameras and lenses is just as good, build quality is excellent etc etc etc

The point is, unless you need peak performance of a specific feature or function then there isn't reason to purchase a more bulky, more expensive, heavier DSLR setup especially when the performance gap between systems gets smaller every few months.
>>
>>2877152
What kind of work do you do? I went from Nikon to Fuji as well, but it was after quitting pro photography so I'm not pushing my gear as hard as I used to.

My last Nikon DSLR was a D610, and I was never impressed with the files. I think my X-Pro2's DR is better if anything, but the D4 was probably better than the D610.

I shot with a pair of D3Ss and a D300S back in the day, and the Fuji wouldn't have touched them for the sports shit I did, but nowadays I think the biggest sacrifice I made when switching to Fuji was in the flash system. CLS is great and I miss it, but I love everything else about Fuji.
>>
anyone here tried to use any of the contax g lenses on one of these
>>
>>2876767
>>2876767
>>2876791
ok my bad
>>
File: L o l.gif (2 MB, 400x206) Image search: [Google]
L o l.gif
2 MB, 400x206
>>2877037
Hahaha

Canonfag checked in
>>
Guyse. Finally moving away from film and I kind of like all the manual dials on the X-T1. Is this the only camera that has a dedicated ISO dial?
>>
>>2877031
I do.
>>
>>2877348
Uh, the X-T10 doesn't have a dedicated ISO dial, but you can customise pretty much 90% of all the dials which includes the two command dials on the front and back - I have them set on ISO.

So unless you want to pay twice as much for a dial, the x-t10 does it all!
>>
X-T2 reveal tomorrow boys :^)
How hype are we?

Also, X-T20 when?
>>
>>2877430
So the x-t20 will probably have a 24mp sensor and basically be the same right?
>>
>>2877430
>take XT1
>add XP2 AF system and sensor
>change literally nothing else

Mediocre hype.
>>
>>2877525
The xpro2 is far more capable than the xt1 though beyond those things
>>
>>2877525
x-t2 will have 4k video. Xpro-2 wont.
>>
>>2877525
that's exactly what people want
>>
>>2877348
yeah I think so
CSC at least
>>
Will a vintage lense adapter for the Fuji XT1 fit all vintage lenses? How would one go about knowing the right adapter to get if that's not the case?
>>
>>2877676
>Will a vintage lense adapter for the Fuji XT1 fit all vintage lenses?

no

>How would one go about knowing the right adapter to get if that's not the case?

by getting the right adapter by matching up the fucking letters

>lense

Please. It's 'lens'
>>
>>2877375
How is it? Ive had a t4i for about 3 years and I'm looking to upgrade. I've got 4 of the Cy primes and a zoom, I like the idea of focus peaking since I'm tired of split prism in the dark. The noise performance and speedbooster compatibility are extra appealing. Although I come from a cinematography background so the a7s looks fantastic. Unless the xt2 has crazy video features but we'll see tomorrow.
>>
>>2877430
I could pretty much care less about the X-T2, since I already have a Pro2 instead, but I'm pretty hype for the new flash and new XP2 firmware that are supposed to be announced, along with the new lens roadmap.
>>
My dad's thinking of getting the XT10, 18-55, XC 50-230, and 56/1.2. He'd have gone sony for muh full frame, but the price, lolnolens and the lack of f1.2 meant he looked elsewhere. Don't ask me to justify his decision, I dont understand it myself.

The question is, are the Fujis well suited for dads? Good JPEGs is a huge plus for the Fujis, but will the interface be frustrating for him to deal with? Are the cameras intelligent enough to make up for (some) of the shortfalls of a person who doesn't know how to work the camera beyond f1.2 = good, ISO 12800 = bad?
>>
>>2878009
Your dad will understand a fuji if he ever shot film
What you think necessitates a good understanding if photos is quite shut anyway. 1.2 is usually shit. 12800 is useful. Bokehwhoring faggot kill yourself.
>>
I have a cardboard box buried in a closet with about 15 minolta film lenses from the late 80s early 90s. what adapter do i get to use them on my fuji? amazon has multiple brands at around $25.
>>
>>2878025
Any of them you damn retard does your mother hold your dick so you can go pee
>>
>>2878022
>implying im a bokeh whore
>implying the 56 isnt downright good at 1.2
>implying I wouldnt shoot at whatever ISO I needed for a shot
It's my dad we're talking about. He's got a propensity to flick things into auto mode for most shots. Is the Fuji's auto mode any good, or is it little more than a fancy P mode?
>>
File: DSCF0743.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0743.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1067
>>2878022
The 1.2 is actually really good wide open.

It's worth pointing out that 1.2 on the Fuji is like 1.8 on FF, so it's not the extreme bokeh whoring that it might be, either.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-Pro2
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.4 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.2
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)84 mm
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:05:30 22:24:14
Exposure Time1/4700 sec
F-Numberf/1.2
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/1.2
Brightness6.5 EV
Exposure Bias-0.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length56.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2878058
auto is fine.
>>
File: x500.jpg (84 KB, 1018x515) Image search: [Google]
x500.jpg
84 KB, 1018x515
$449. Could be worse.

Hopefully they come out with an SB-700 equivalent soon, though, so I don't have to buy 3+ of these things.
>>
>>2876989
Novocastrian?
>>
XT2 first impressions

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilm-x-t2-first-impressions-review
>>
>>2877680
why do you come on here just to be bitter and condescending?
>>
>>2878209
gb2reddit
>>
>>2877037
>Implying Canon is worth jack shit
>Not buying Nikon
Honestly, mirrorless is starting to look good after getting specks under the focusing screen on my D3300 which I apparently can't clean without damaging it. Fuck!
>>
When would be the best time (price-wise) to get a second hand x-t1? Now the X-T2 has been announced, or in a few months when they're in stores?
>>
>>2878361

As soon as people start selling them off

I can confirm that the XT2 will not replace the XT1 (the XT1 will still be manufactured and sold at its current and lower price).

If you wait, people will realise that the XT1 is still current and the used price will stay high, BUT if you fucking listen to me and pick one up now while people dont realize this information then you will save a few hundred bucks.
>>
>>2878217
gb2 your dungeon
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.