[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NYC Trip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: NYC_2-compressor.jpg (287 KB, 2140x1104) Image search: [Google]
NYC_2-compressor.jpg
287 KB, 2140x1104
I'm going to NYC tomorrow for the first time. What should I know about shooting there? I'm gonna be going to the museum and statue of liberty, chinatown, etc. Are there any restrictions or anything that I should be aware of? Thanks
>>
You will mostly have tourists and people on their cellphines as subjects. Just dont be a total dick and people won't even give you a second look
>>
>>2874000
There are no rules in NYC. You can do whatever you want. Some common sense that applies to shooting anywhere in the U.S. 1. Don't take pictures of little kids. While perfectly legal and nothing will likely go wrong other than a chance to get dirty looks I just don't want to risk it. Maybe I'm just paranoid. 2. Most black people are chill and will even be outspoken enough to ask you to take pictures of them and they will pose for you. Some of the best subjects. Their outspokenness can also backfire and some can be really rude and aggressive. My advice whether they are black, white, brown or yellow is contrary to most advice I hear. Do not try to explain yourself. Do not try to defuse the situation. Do not engage. Do not stick around. Just walk away without saying a word. This has worked for me so far. Some people just don't know how to behave in public.

In my opinion New Yorkers are actually nice for the most part. Of course if you get so many people together in one place there are bound to be some bad seeds. Not everyone is like that. For everyone person I see acting like an animal I see ten more being cordial and polite.

Last piece of advice. Get an unlimited metrocard for the duration of your stay. Take the train and walk everywhere you go. If you are in the train and get lost you can ask for directions. This happens all the time and people are willing to help. If the person you ask doesn't know or doesn't seem sure there is likely someone else you can ask. If you are on the street you can use the map on your phone. New Yorkers are not that great at giving directions aboveground. People just know A to B of their commute.
>>
File: ByPPQQPIEAAwvkR.jpg (39 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
ByPPQQPIEAAwvkR.jpg
39 KB, 576x576
>>2874000
>or anything that I should be aware of?
>>
>>2874000
Midtown,Upper east side,Central park South,DUMBO, Roosevelt Island (GO HERE, FDR memorial is here you'll get some dope pics.
>>
Definitely go to Washington Sq Park. There's all kinds of eccentric people gathered around there to photograph.
>>
Don't do the Empire State Building unless you have a whole day to spend there.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.