[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What camera backpack is the best? I don't really have a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
What camera backpack is the best? I don't really have a lot of gear right now, just a DSLR, a 35mm prime and 18-55 kit lens. But I want a backpack I can use for everyday stuff too, that can fit a laptop and my tripod in the bag and not having to carry it on the side.

I've been looking at Lowepro stuff, but is the Transit too small to fit a tripod in it? Should I look at other brands too?
>>
or you could just pack yr shit in a normal backpack like every none-autist
>>
>>2869127
>Letting your gear bump around in a backpack without padding or being secured

You don't really have any room to call other people autists
>>
>>2869133
>pack camera in (padded) camera bag
>pack camera bag in backpack

I just dont see any advantage in a camera backpack to a normal backpack besides being expensive as fuck in comparison
>>
>>2869135
>pack camera in (padded) camera bag
>pack camera bag in backpack
>combine the two to get something better instead of investing in two different things
>>
>>2869135
>>2869138
That's what I do now but I need a new backpack anyways since the one I have is old and shitty and putting your camera in two separate bags is just more cumbersome when you're out shooting in the nature or on the street. A store here sells this for 60% off but I don't know if a laptop fits in it.

http://store.lowepro.com/transit-sling-250-aw
>>
>>2869138
well if you didnt buy a camera bag the day you got yrself a dslr then shure go for it.

but like me (and everyone I know who owns a dslr) who got themselves a 20-30$ camera bag with their camera, I dont see any reason why I should invest in a special camera backpack when I have 2 or 3 normal backpacks laying around at home. I mean who doesnt own a backpack cmon
>>
you're to going to fit a tripod in it. you have to get one of the bags from them that has a place to secure it on the side/back
>>
>>2869133
DSLR's can take tremendous abuse.
Padding is mostly placebo.
>>
The only camera specific backpack I use is a lowepro "flipside".
And only as an anti-theft measure in urban environments.
>>
I will be heading to Japan with my wife and decided to pick up a Kanken backpack with camera insert (pic related)

I have a lowepro backpack and I fucking hate it, it looks fucking terrible and screams ROB ME! The Kanken looks like a regular backpack (because it is) but functions like a camera bag, you can get rain covers for them (though they are already made out of weatherproof material) and you can get a laptop version which is what I got which comes in 13, 15 and 17inch sizes.

I sound like a shill but I only stumbled across these bags recently (actually my wife did) I was having trouble finding a bag to take traveling so I was pretty happy when she showed it to me.

I also dislike using regular backpacks (without photo insert) the reason I hate the LowePro is because it is fiddly as fuck to use, having to put a large amount f camera gear either unprotected or in individual protective cases INSIDE a regular backpack is even more fucking annoying.

I think you can even get straps for the Kanken bags that can attach a tripod to your bag, I use a large tripod so I have just decided to carry mine separately.
>>
I use a Vanquest Pilum sling bag when I want to be low-key. It just looks like any military-inspired "urban fashion" bag, but it's a fully functional camera bag on the inside.
>>
>>2869258
It looks good but is it really worth the price? The 15 inch version and the camera padding would go for 190 USD here
>>
>>2869127
>pack yr shit in a normal backpack
b-but then OP can't pretend he's a fancy expensive photographer with a fancy expensive photographer's bag full of fancy expensive photography gear.
It's like this one bank teller faggot friend of mine who makes eight bucks an hour and spent several hundred on a fancy schmancy briefcase to lug his brown bag lunch.
>>
>>2869336
>Vanquest Pilum
very cool looking bag. Just watched a youtube review and checked the price. I'm sold!
So adding that to my wish list and scratching off the overpriced Lowepro. Thanks based bag anon.
>>
>>2869336
Sounds good. Thanks for the suggestion!
>>
I'm searching for a backpack that would cost me max 75$(100$ CAD). If it looks more like a normal bag(like the Kanken), i wouldn't mind it.

I have my eyes focused on a Vanguard Adaptor 46 but i'm still not decided...
>>
>>2869117
Good question, I need an easy to carry bag too, something not fuckhuge but big enough for a 5d mark ii, 24-70l lens, nikon d3100 with 50mm lens and 18-55, and a camcorder, plus nooks for extra batteries and memory cards.

I need something proessional
>>
File: 1464112111922.jpg (42 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
1464112111922.jpg
42 KB, 316x316
>>2869127
>not having a lowpro sling like OP's pic letting you get your camera out putting your backpack on the ground and digging it out, stupid faggot lol
>>
I like my Lowepro Fastpack 250, but it isn't exactly a small bag. Make an excellent carry-on backpack for flights, dedicated laptop compartment and section up the top for general stuff are very handy. Would have liked the tripod strap/clip to be more secure though.
>>
>>2869117

I has this bag

It do good
>>
>>2873336
It do good bag
>>
>>2869133
>not using a soft and big folded towel and wrapping a shemagh or bandana around said camera and packing it in a $10 backpack
>>
NatGeo Walkabout or Earth Explorer
>>
>>2873336
Me has too. fine bag
>>
...sling type sack is the way to go...accessible to your stuff without taking it off and it becomes a "lump" to lean on for that extra stability !....and of course, LowePro is THE bag...case close...or in this case, BAG CLOSED !
Carry ON, photogs !!
>>
Anyone ever use a Pacsafe? Either their camera bags or regular stuff?

I'm going through Spain - Barcelona, Madrid et.al., basically pickpocket/bag snatcher central (Barcelona apparently pickpocket capital of Europe).

Heard some stories about slashed bags reach-in & grabs, bag straps slashed so it falls off you and then grabbed and run off with, and most distressing of all: cam straps snipped and run off with, mid-shot.

The pacsafe stuff has metal wires throughout to prevent slash and grabs, their camera straps, too.

I know well enough that the best defence against such thieves is to be hyper aware of your shit at all times, travelled enough to know this (I live in SEA). Thing is, this'll be the first time I'm travelling with photographic gear and want to be extra careful.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.