[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would anyone be interested in a very standard, by the numbers,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: jeff wall insomnia.jpg (101 KB, 750x617) Image search: [Google]
jeff wall insomnia.jpg
101 KB, 750x617
Would anyone be interested in a very standard, by the numbers, color correction guide for photoshop? I could also try and make guides for whatever else you guys need in photoshop

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop 7.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2005:10:13 11:28:17
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width750
Image Height617
>>
>>2868927

yes.
>>
>>2868927
yes OP hurry the fuck up!!!
>>
My bad, forgot to check back in. Ill start the tutorial soon
>>
File: IMG_20160510_224433.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160510_224433.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
>>2868927
Yes, OP, please deliver this time
>>
DO IT
>>
OKAY /P/ HERE COMES THE TUTORIAL

heres a link to the google drive doc. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BkCU_OPnqRMRJ9Fh3j1fI6N8l3WFNiXpvEFdfhFp13U/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: step1.jpg (357 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
step1.jpg
357 KB, 1920x1080
STEP 1: Step 1:Open your image, always work through camera raw if you are editing raw images. Open your images as objects from the camera raw dialog box(shift>open image).
>>
File: idk.jpg (117 KB, 1459x504) Image search: [Google]
idk.jpg
117 KB, 1459x504
Step 2: Use the color sampler tool to select a black and white point. You need to select points that you want to be white and black, not points that already are.
>Don’t select points that are blown out(super white) or not exposed(black).
>Also don’t pick points that are not actually black and white, like a dark navy is not a good pick for a black and a off white wall is not great for a white point.
>You also need to pick areas that have enough information in them to be able to make the proper adjustments. This way you can have accurate adjustments later.

>>
>>2872617
color sampler is located underneath the color picker tool if you didnt know
>>
File: step3.jpg (287 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
step3.jpg
287 KB, 1920x1080
STEP 3: Add a curves layer from the layers panel.
>Never make corrections on the actual photo layer, this is destructive editing and photoshop was built around the ability to undo so use that feature, damn it.

>>
STEP 4: Open up the info panel. It should open when you use the color sampler, but if not then Window>Info
>>
File: step4.jpg (92 KB, 718x527) Image search: [Google]
step4.jpg
92 KB, 718x527
Okay so now you should see all the data of your photo. This is the data that you will base your curves adjustments from.

You should see your two points in the info panel listed as #1 and #2 and then the RGB values for those points. If the point you picked for the white reads as 255 for any values, its blown out and you need to pick something with more information. The same goes for your black point if its values read as 0. (I mean you can still use it if one value is blown, but it should only be used in a pinch.)

>My black point(#1) reads as R: 22, G: 23, B: 27
>My white point(#2) reads as R: 242, G: 242, B: 237

>>
File: step 6.jpg (108 KB, 886x677) Image search: [Google]
step 6.jpg
108 KB, 886x677
STEP 6:

Okay so now all we need to do is make the RGB values match. We do this using the curves layer we created earlier. Let's start with the black point. First open your curves adjustment panel(double click the adjustment layer). Then change the adjustment from RGB to red.

>>
>>2872613
>camera raw
>not editing your raw files in Light room
opinion discarded. OP nigged when he should have nogged
>>
>>2872679
why would you edit in lightroom you fucking idiot
>>
So everytime i make a 3-D image and make it rotate and shit, when i render it aka export it the shit never rotates on video
but it does rotate and do all the shit i want it to do on photoshop but not when i have exported and try to watch or use it ev
>>
ANY HELP ?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.