[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm interested in getting into street photography. Having
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: bruce-gilden.jpg (103 KB, 670x870) Image search: [Google]
bruce-gilden.jpg
103 KB, 670x870
I'm interested in getting into street photography.
Having said that, i would like to punch Bruce Gilden straight in his face
Street photography general
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (111 KB, 1230x895) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
111 KB, 1230x895
Scratch that. I would much rather punch this guys face.
>>
>>2867422
He's too quick - by the time you recovered from the flash blindness he'd be gone.
>>
>>2867422
B-b-but street photography is d-d-dead!!!

/p/ decreed this the other day, so delete this thread and think about what you've done.
>>
>>2867422
Cohen or whatever is a hack. Gilden's however is great, sure some can be a bit hit and miss but thats essentially the nature of how he shoots. When he gets a well composed shot imo he's one of the best
>>
>>2867429
I'll give you the flash blindness. But from what i've seen the guy shuffles along like a turtle anymore lol
>>
>>2867431
Not talking about his photos.
But come on, at least turn around and say thanks right? Instead of just walking away all smug, not expecting to get punched in the back of the head.
How does that not happen to him?
Guess he just picks his subjects carefully
>>
>>2867438
It's Manhattan, so nobody gives a fuck
>>
OP here.
As i've continued to watch more videos about Bruce, I have become rather partial to the man. Not really his work though.
He just kinda makes me laugh.
Still this Mark Cohen is just terrible and i am about to look up this Chuck Jines.
Just thought i'd drop that in here...
>>
>>2869317

there is asshole street and then theres aesthetic street. like ray metzker, trent parke or saul leiter. im more fond on that stuff than "confrontational" street.
>>
>>2869317
yeah he does have some sort of charming quality, those walk along videos he has of him are pretty cool/funny at times. Yea as I said, Cohen is a hack, a terrible bruce at the best of times and just plain creepy other times (like a snapshit basically up a womens skirt/legs)

haven't heard of Jines, i'll have a look too.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.