[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post here your favourite color photographs, photos that you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: Leiter 1.jpg (189 KB, 381x580) Image search: [Google]
Leiter 1.jpg
189 KB, 381x580
Post here your favourite color photographs, photos that you think best use color, have a great range or combination of color and tones.

I've recently been looking through Saul Leiter's stuff after watching Todd Haynes' 'Carol' and it got me thinking about this.
>>
Saul Leiter is definitely one of my favourites, the only other colour work that's coming to mind for me right now is Jeff Mermelstein or Joel Meyerowitz. Mermelstein isn't really famous for his work being in colour, he could shoot in black and white and his photos would have a lot of the same character.
>>
Gregory Crewdson.
>>
>>
File: 08.jpg (226 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
226 KB, 682x1024
>>
>>
>>2863902
Color does not seem to be an important aspect of that photo, to me. It helps to separate out the details, but it doesn't seem to be a direct strength to me.
>>
>>2863904
The fact it was taken on the Siberian steppes in 1915 makes the colour a bit of a significant aspect of the photo.
>>
>>2863908
That isn't what the OP is asking for.
>>
>>2863879
I like, I like. I assume it was planned rather than a lucky circumstance.
>>
>>2864049
I don't think it was planned, it was on Treats Magazine though
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.