[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw /p/ had weekly photo challenges >mfw /p/ had annual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 11
>mfw /p/ had weekly photo challenges
>mfw /p/ had annual collective photobooks
>mfw /p/ had monthly or so twitch chat critiques which were fun as fuck
>mfw there was no IRCuck/discord safespaces for newbs to get soft critiques on their shitsnaps
>mfw you watched people actually getting better
>mfw /p/ had quality trips
>mfw /p/ used to produce OC tutorials
>mfw corporate brand threads were something unthinkable 2 years ago on /p/

What went so wrong?
>>
>>2858955
The trips who did most of that stuff packed up and left. Nobody has stepped in to replace them.

We didn't even get the 2015 book, after sending in all our photos. The fuck was that about?
>>
>>2858955
>mfw 4chan didn't have a catalog, and yet /p/ had one super dedicated anon who updated the /p/ index thread daily

More so than any great photographer this board has ever had, that bro represented the best of this place.
>>
>>2858955
Fuji threads are the new "old /p/". Good personalities, recognizable posters willing to help and teach, frequent photos, realistic gear advice, good prioritization of what makes a good photo, not much hate at all. I don't even shoot Fuji, but I spend most of my "contribution" time on /p/ in there.
>>
>>2858974
kek fuck off, it's basically Gear thread 2.0 but only about one brand
>>
I'm relatively new to /p/ but the first thing I've noticed was how people are all so hostile towards eachother. why can't everyone just be nice for once so we can all have a good time here on /p/?
>>
>>2858976
Because many people on /p/ don't understand the concept of people having different taste, different goals, different values, different interests. So if you do something different than me, you're an idiot. If you care about one feature that I don't care about, but don't care about the features that I care about, you're an idiot. If you come to photography for a different experience than me, you're an idiot. If you don't take something as seriously as me, you're an idiot. If you take something MORE seriously than me, you're an idiot.

MOST of us are unsuccessful photographers (evidence, look at the photos posted here. Probably 50% are people just starting out, then another 40% are people who know their technical chops, but haven't learned to actually find good subjects to put in their well exposed sharp photos, etc)

So since we're not successful, we're all a bit defensive and bitter and self conscious, so we fight for our delusions about what makes a good photo, or what makes a good photographer, or what is cheating/cheap/easy and when we're challenged, we lash out.

You'll generally find, the people with the most information to share, and the best critique to give, are usually the most calm and easy to get along with people on the board. You'll also notice that the people who give bad advice, or don't know what they're talking about, are also the ones calling everyone else a retard, or an autist, or a faggot.

There's also tons of "trolling" (but not actually fun trolling, just seeing how angry you can make people by being vicious and incorrect for as long as possible) and attacks for the sake of attacking, so most people are on guard all the time, and every post is viewed as an attack (because many are)

Mix all that together with the fact that pretty much everyone here has some idea of what good photos look like, and none of us look around /p/ and see hardly any of those quality photos, we all think everyone else is shit, and should then pay respect.
>>
>>2858976
Hi, you seem to have accidentally posted this using a tripcode!
>>
4chan started going to shit in general after Mootkins left.
>>
>>2858976
>why can't everyone just be nice for once so we can all have a good time here on /p/?

Because of threads like
>>2858687
>>
>>2858981
I agree, also I don't even know if people are being true to themselves or just trolling anymore since everything is so damn offensive
>>2858982
it's a posting name that I chose, not a tripcode, and your point is? I post with a name because I start my own threads to show my photos and prefer having an identity over anonymity bro
>>
>>2858988
And shit like this >>2858772
>>
File: 1464918046985.jpg (17 KB, 460x423) Image search: [Google]
1464918046985.jpg
17 KB, 460x423
>What went so wrong?

A handful of anons made it miserable to post photos here and people left. Also there's no reason to stick around a place like this long term other than giggles and ass pats.
>>
>>2859003
>le evil anon boogieman XD
>>
It does make you wonder why it's so bad here compared to ic which looks to have a decent community.
>>
meetups began the cancer.
>>
>>2858993
>it's a posting name that I chose, not a tripcode, and your point is?
Sorry, I left it unexplained for dramatic effect for those that would recognize it.

That was the first line of a post, made over, and over, and over, and over, a couple of years ago. The beginning of anon incessantly trolling the trips on the board. The post was about how tripping was against board culture, and how it was ruining things. The post was usually in reply to people posting photos, or critique, or helpful comments, or generally having an innocent good time on the board. It happened constantly, to almost any post made by any trip, and drove the board insane. People kept responding to it, defending trips, and people responded to THEM talking about how actually, they had a specific trip they hated and how trips never did anything good and were all attention whores and anyone who could be recognized for any reason was just doing it for attention, and anyone who was interesting in a personality on /p/ was just looking for some in-crowd bullshit.

I may not be remembering everything before and after, but in my memory, that was the first really big board-wide event that really started us down the path to rage and anger and suspicion and bitterness, and overall fear of anyone different than us.
>>
>>2859024

i think you are exaggerating.
>>
>>2859033
I'm not exaggerating.
>>
>>2859033
He's not. That's pretty much exactly how it happened.
>>
>>2859003

That's pretty much the only reason I'm still here.
>>
There is nothing from stopping you from making those threads again

>>2858976
>>2858981
This is a general 4chan problem. /g/, /mu/ /fa/, /o/, etc all have the "if you don't have the exact opinion as me, then you're an idiot" mentality
>>
>>2859153
Threads aren't just an OP. The participation and attitude of the rest of the board are vital to the success. A challenge thread where the only pots are attacking the challenge itself isn't a challenge thread. Twitch critiques don't work when the trolls show up to fag out about how the person running the channel is bad for some made up reason and won't leave it alone.
we can't have trips when the trip-trolls are just as hungry as ever.
/p/ can't have OC tutorials when people who actually take the time to write things out get attacked and trolled constantly, and people who know things realize this is a useless place to be and leave, since all the collective board has to offer in return is vitriol.
>>
>>2859158
>trip-trolls

what are those?
>>
This board needs mods
>>
>>2858955
No photos. Only probes now.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/analprobe/dissent.htm
>>
>>2859163
Anons who follow trips around and attack whatever they say, or in many cases, don't even bother to attack what they say, and just vocally dismiss what they say because they're who they are. People who show up in a thread and post "Fucking trip fags" and nothing else. etc.
>>
>>2859169

protip: these "anons" are other trips posting as anon. they all hate each other. real anons dont care about stupid teenage drama, but trips sure do love it.
>>
>>2859174
>Anon saying shit about trips in an absolute sense.
So which trip are you then?
>>
>>2859168
>>
>>2859191
Stop reposting your shit.
>>
Oldfag here. /p/ turned to shit around the time the sticky (probably the most toxic thing in this board desu) and RPT's showed up. It's been a very steady decline since then.

Do you guys really think we're going to turn a corner and things will suddenly get better? This board is finished. All of the collective goodwill, energy and motivation has been sapped. Even the trolling is extremely low effort at this point.
>>
Fuck you Sugar you piece of shit
>>
>>2859224
>This board is finished.
All because someone made you resize your photos.
>>
>>2859191
Nice. Color doesnt look as off as normal. What's up with that lens flare though? You using a lens filter that might cause that? Good shot!
>>
>>2859191
one of the worst photo's i've seen to date
>>
>>2859227

I've had a /p/ export preset (and photoshop droplet) (1000px, 1024kb) longer than you've been "into photography".

It's actually shitposts like yours that makes the sticky garbage. Having it in writing up top validates and normalizes that sort of rabid hostility over something as trivial and harmless as fucking file size. That hostility over a trivial matter, while fun, is self-indulgent and is ultimately bad for the board, making it ironically a worse place to post than if there were no sticky and people posted shit in whatever bandwidth sucking size they wanted.
>>
>>2859191
Sugar, your paedo-carriage is so old that summerfags don't even know what it is anymore.
>hot tip, all the 30year old creeps cruising outside highschools drive GT86's now
>>
>>2859229
>>2859226
>>2859205

here's what's wrong with p

3 anons who can't take a joke about probes that originated here

>>2859168

>>2859228

It's an old Quantaray lens that has some hellacious flare that happened on accident in this shot. the amber marker lights and taillights are blown in the shot i tried to turn them down but couldn't, and my alarm doesn't work atm
>>
>>2859241

>calls my car a pedo-carriage
>doesn't know I hate children and am anti-birther

>GT86

is a shit car and Toyota is a shit for not putting their 4.0L V6 in it instead of this weak ass Scoobaru motor that can't even get out of it's own way even my old gen 2 Probe on the bottle would have walked a GT86 like a fucking dog

>select all images with candy

fuck you /p/
>>
>>2859246
>>select all images with candy
pwnt
>>
>>2858981
>You'll generally find, the people with the most information to share, and the best critique to give, are usually the most calm and easy to get along with people on the board. You'll also notice that the people who give bad advice, or don't know what they're talking about, are also the ones calling everyone else a retard, or an autist, or a faggot.
No, the people with the most advice to give are usually the most hated. If you repeat general agreeable nonsense like rule of thirds you'll be liked. That's not really advice.

/p/'s problem is the dunning-kruger effect reflected back on itself in a funhouse mirror.
>>
>>2859239
>something as trivial and harmless as fucking file size

it is not. for an "oldfag" you are pretty retarded.
>>
>>2859259
>/p/'s problem is the dunning-kruger effect

can you be more of a redditor, you simpleton?
>>
>>2859297

Thanks for making the board a better place!
>>
>>2859302

i try my best, you fucking shit.
>>
>>2858983
Fuck Moot
>>
>>2859168
>http://www.kenrockwell.com/analprobe/dissent.htm

>tfw you'll never be "probed" by Ken Rockwell ;_;
>>
>>2859003
>>
>>2859315
tfw I am Ken Rockwell
>>
>>2859224
lol
you are so full of shit in your own little hate club
tldr: you are the cancer
>>
File: tf.jpg (30 KB, 469x428) Image search: [Google]
tf.jpg
30 KB, 469x428
>>2859307
>>
>>2859385

Thanks for trying to make the board a better place!
>>
>>2859246
>I hate children and am anti-birther
You're just grumpy because that albino sorceress used her pale magic to hex your seed after you broke her heart.
>>
FACTS:

/p/ has always been incredibly harsh.
/p/ has always had good trips and bad trips.
/p/ has always had trolls.
/p/ has always had shitposting.

The only difference I see now compared to, say, 5+ years ago is the fact that people take shit too seriously and too personally now. People get called out for shitty photos and then their precious feewings get hurt and they rage out against the criticism.
>>
>>2858955
>mfw /p/ had annual collective photobooks
The photobooks were a fairly recent invention. They didn't start until the beginning of the decline for /p/.
>>
>>2860344
>/p/ has always been incredibly harsh.
/p/ used to be blunt, but pointed. People used to say "Dude, your shit sucks, here's why"

and the "here's why" is the only reason to be here. Now /p/ just says "Dude your shit sucks" and then saunters away like they just saved the world. The harsh part has never been useful. The "but pointed part" is the only reason to have ever put up with the board.
>>
>>2860353
Bullshit. It's true that there used to be pointed criticism, but there's still pointed criticism. There used to be just as much "it's shit" comments as there are now.

The problem now is that every bit of pointed criticism instantly devolves into a argument over the criticism itself. Nobody takes any criticism. Everybody feels the need to ridicule the criticizer and everybody feels the need to defend themselves against critics.
>>
>>2860401
There used to be pointed criticism from a bunch of people who would back up their remarks with logic, theory, or photos. Now, it's anon saying "I don't like it because it's boring" or "Shoot something else"

There is rare in-depth critique from a couple of people who are probably hold-overs from when /p/ was good, who will take the time to actually write something out now and again, but the dramatic majority is assholes being shitty with nothing to support it, and I'm willing to bet that if you can't tell the difference between now and then, you either weren't around then, or you're part of the problem now.
>>
>>2859085

Oh irony.
>>
>>2860408
>you can't tell the difference between now and then, you either weren't around then, or you're part of the problem now
Ah, yes. The classic "No True Scotsman" fallacy. One of my absolute favorites.
>>
>>2858955
Do it yourself faggot
>>
>>2859308
I would if I could, bitch
>>
>>2860412
I only said it because the difference is obvious, and the effect on the board is dramatically different, and in a few of these conversations, I've seen the people who say "The board is the same now as it was then" always cite how abusive the board has always been, and seem to focus on the apparent benefit of abuse, without understanding that the abuse has always been the part you would put up with in order to get to the good stuff, which was the actual advice.

The quality of responses to photos had dropped immensely, and the only way you wouldn't see that is if you never valued the actual constructive part in the first place, and are only seeing that the amount of abuse is the same, so it must be the same.

For example, a few years ago, when 5hoe would point out that your work is shit, and unpolished, and unfocused, and busy, and your lighting is poor, and your processing is bad, you know that he knows what he's talking about, and you know that he's speaking for a position of experience. He would also give suggestions on what to correct, and how to correct it.

Now you have anon who will say "Are you fucking serious? Jesus this fucking board" and then when asked to show his own work, will flip out and talk abut how you don't have to know how to make good photos to tell other people to take better photos.
>>
>>2860423
>you don't have to know how to make good photos to tell other people to take better photos.
That's largely true, though. You have to have some understanding of photography, but critique can absolutely be valid and knowledgeable from somebody who can't make a great photo themselves. That's true of any artistic endeavor: music, art, food, etc.
>>
>>2860412
there needs to be a fallacy for people who point out fallacies as an argument
>>
>>2860427
Art/food/music critics are experts at critique, and also have a large readily available body of work to show you the context for their critique.

Anon who maybe took two photos of his dog a year ago (or maybe doesn't know anything about photography at all), who has no credentials, who has no training or past critique to assess bias or encroaching opinion, and has no work to present to back up his thoughts, should be dismissed as meaningless, because the balance of probability says that person will do more harm than good.
>>
>>2860431
>and has no work to present to back up his thoughts, should be dismissed as meaningless

You are the fucking cancer that ruined /p/. You're one of those little shits who posts photos, gets shit on, and then cries like a little cunt because everybody recognizes your photos as shit.
>>
>>2860434
If I was dismissing people who didn't back up their claims, why would I be crying? If you can't back up your opinion, I literally don't care about you at all.
>>
>>2858972
>mfw people didn't know about catalog.neet.tv/p/
>>
>>2860434
You are the fucking cancer that ruined /p/. The sort of person who doesn't understand why everyone doesn't thank him for his "Critique" when in reality, it's just "go away and come back when you take photos that i like better than these ones". The type of person who gets frustrated with isi when your post of "Fuck you're still terrible, jesus christ" isn't met with her changing her behavior to please you.

Contribute in a meaningful way, or lurk.
>>
>>2858972
Fuck I'd forgotten about that guy! Was that another thing ac was doing?
>>
>>2860431
This is bullshit. You can know enough about an artistic medium to be able to effectively critique it.

But, since you're one of those "show me your photos" spurgelords, let's see one of your amazing shots that backs up all this shitposting you're doing in this thread.
>>
>>2860442
I can't remember if it was ac or somebody else. I remember that it was generally understood that it was one of the classic trips, though. Whoever it was put in a fuck ton of effort for this board.

I mean, think about it: No catalog. The only way to go through threads was to manually scroll down page by page. Even then, you had to keep checking and re-checking because threads are getting bumped as you scroll through the pages.
>>
>>2860443
>This is bullshit. You can know enough about an artistic medium to be able to effectively critique it.
The point isn't the ability to critique it, the point is, people have no reason to trust that critique unless you can prove that you know enough.

I could know everything about every law and every court case that's ever existed, but if my only proof is "just trust me, faggot" I'm never going to get hired to be an attorney, and rightly so.

Also, why would posting a photo have any weight on a discussion about personality? A much better example would be to compare my posting style and communication, as well as my support for my statements, against yours, since you can tell our personalities pretty well from how we're having this conversation.
>>
>>2860447
Let's see some screen shots or some links to your amazing critique that makes this board a better place.
>>
>>2860460
Where did I say that I have given good critique?
>>
>>2860445
>I mean, think about it: No catalog.

Except there literally was a catalog >>2860438
>>
>>2860461
You're critiquing /p/ and you're critiquing critiquers. I want to see how you back that up. I think you're just shitposting. You have no fucking clue what you're talking about. I want to see your body of work that shows that you know how to diagnose and turn around an image board. I want to see something which varifies you as anything other than the cancer you've shown yourself to be.
>>
>>2860492

Here are some of my more recent posts:

>>2859692
>>2859724
>>2859726
>>2860449
>>2860458
>>2859692
>>2859724
>>2859726
>>2860449
>>2860458
>>2860463
>>2860379
>>2857510
>>2857528
>>2857543
>>2857553
>>2849229
>>2849260
>>2849304
>>2849396
>>2849653
>>2849929
>>2849977
>>2850955
>>2851155
>>2852428
>>2852452
>>2852460
>>2853356
>>2855496
>>
>>2859174
fucking tripfag
>>
>>2859013

/ic/ has had to deal with that fucking Nosebro faggot lately. He's a terrible artist, and dedicated to constantly critiquing everyone. And he changes his trip/name like weekly to make it harder to filter him.

Otherwise they're generally much better about actually posting art or discussing art regularly. Like seventy five percent of threads here are 'I'm new how is this photo/camera,' and that's not great at building or progressing anyone except that single individual.
>>
>>2859024

But 4chan has always hated tripfags. And that pasta was site-wide, hardly /p/ specific.
>>
>>2859246
The gt86 is designed to go sideways round corners at low speed, small revvy engine, ligtweight, tires off a prius, and its pretty.

Well done for completely missing the point though, it's what you do best.
>>
>>2858955
Mods powertripped and took the fun posting away. A lot of namefriends left and that Alphon guy was banned returned then quit. Hell, at one time photo books were deemed a bannable offense because new mods thought they were soliticing sales.

I miss the old events like seeing the oists from the London meetings, traveling camera, the older guy who loved drinking his Crown Royale whiskey, the stories about the guy who was killed while shooting hirricane sandy etc
>>
File: DSC_5329.jpg (260 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
DSC_5329.jpg
260 KB, 1000x667
>>2858955
>2 years ago
2 years ago the board had already went to hell long ago.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D800
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
PhotographerNicolas Fernandez Aguade
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern890
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)50 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:06:16 10:08:27
Exposure Time1/50 sec
F-Numberf/1.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/1.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1000
Image Height667
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
oldfags are fucking THE worst. Take off your fucking nostalgia glasses already.
>>
>>2864208
>Mods powertripped and took the fun posting away
There have been a lot of things that directly affect the tone and experience of /p/, but mods are not one of them. Mods here are like the second coming of Jesus. They get talked about, and many people pray to them to take away their suffering, and many other people go against their written word and commandments, and we sit and wait to see them punished, and yet we all wait, and wait.

>The older guy
>the guy who was killed

Really friend?
>>
>>2864346
>There have been a lot of things that directly affect the tone and experience of /p/, but mods are not one of them
You obviously dont remember when <3 was streaming photography movies and was repeatedly banned until he just up and left?
>>
>>2864347
Oh I didn't realize a bunch of people leaving to go watch a shitty movie together was "the fun posting" I assumed it would be something to do with actually posting.
>>
>>2864349
>this salt
lol, okay big boy
>>
>>2860401
>
The problem now is that every bit of pointed criticism instantly devolves into a argument over the criticism itself. Nobody takes any criticism. Everybody feels the need to ridicule the criticizer and everybody feels the need to defend themselves against critics.

What xe said
>>
>>2864346
People coordinating report spam on individuals to get them banned is a thing on /p/ you know
the mods are definitely an element of it
>>
>>2864354
That's why the bi-weekly isi thread is still a thing, right? Because the people reporting everything going on in there are so sporadic and disorganized.

>>2864353
"It's shit" was never, and will never be, criticism, and should be argued with until people who give it decide it's not worth posting anymore.
>>
>>2864156
Only newfags believe this because CNN taught them about 4chan and anonymous culture
it was a /b/ thing and an /r9k/ thing later. trips have always been normal on blue boards.
>>
>>2864357
isi got banned for advertisement, for linking her own site in her own thread, one or two threads ago. That doesn't happen without coordination on a board with regular instagram/tumblr threads.
>>
>>2864357
>That's why the bi-weekly isi thread is still a thing, right? Because the people reporting everything going on in there are so sporadic and disorganized.
Why would they report themselves?
What goes on in those threads is inseparable from what's wrong with the board. It's the same people shitting up both.
>>
>>2864365
Then in theory, everyone else would be reporting the few people who are fucking things up, and those few people would have so many reports, they would get banned quickly, and frequently. No?
>>
>>2864366
>in theory
Whose theory? Not someone that understands 4chan, or chaos theory, or general human nature

Report systems are seldom used. They're most frequently used because someone thinks they're personally vindicated by the rules. This frequently leads to misuse and abuse of the feature.

You might charitably use the report button whenever you spot ill aims. Most of 4chan objectively does not.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (47 KB, 339x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
47 KB, 339x200
>>2864368
Tell me more about how your intimate understanding of chaos theory and strange attractors leads you to know how the hundreds of people on /p/ use the report feature?
>>
>>2864369
Tell me more about how you're so autistic that you think people on a website famous for people abusing systems of all kinds mysteriously doesn't abuse the report feature, but does use it regularly with good will

I don't need a gif to express mine, because this isn't a memetic pop culture reference. I'm just telling you that 4channers don't use the report feature much on any board, except people looking to use it to their personal advantage.
>>
>>2864370
>a website famous for people abusing systems of all kinds
/p/ is not /b/ and never has been.
>>
>>2864379
/b/ is the defining trait of what 4chan is. I don't like /b/, I'm just not blind to the reality of what website I'm posting on.

/p/ is definitely pretty populated by /b/tards these days.
>>
>>2864358

Lol no.
>>
>>2864415
>>2864415
the habbo raid was initiated by a tripfag known as crackychan
Learn your history
>>
>>2864420
>newfag influx caused by a tripfag

what an illustrious entry in the tripfag pantheon.
>>
>going downhill
You fags do realize that there are way more people now lurking the /p/? Corporate brand threads were something unthinkable of BECAUSE THERE WERE 10 PEOPLE IN HERE
>>
>>2864517

i don't think you have any proof of that. there are far less tripfags than there used to be.
>>
>>2864535
There's a lot of "I don't think you have any proof of that" in this thread today.

>>2864368
>>2864370
>>2864384
>>
>>2864358

Ok, friend. The site founded on and thriving through anonymity has never been critical towards people trying to grow their e-peen.

Trips are fine when used for a purpose, like OPenheimer in /k/. Pops up with cool facts, then vanishes again. Appropriate identifier in the moment. But people have always shat on those who just registered a name and kept it on constantly. Which is most tripfags.

It's more acceptable here and on /ic/ to some degree, since there's work associated. Still has the potential to grow into some weird cult of personality, which is exactly what we want to avoid. Better to have at least some of your work judged like anyone else's than shaded by 'I like them/ hate them, and their other stuff was good/ bad.'

Source: Not a newfag you moron.

Kurwas DIY thread is cool though. And I might try to start a rotating photographer discussion thread, rather than 'lol Ken Rickwell, lol Pimpin Terry' all the time. Can't complain if we don't put in some effort, right?
>>
File: DSC_5154.jpg (882 KB, 2000x1335) Image search: [Google]
DSC_5154.jpg
882 KB, 2000x1335
>>2864322
Back in the day you could come here and find lots of good pictures. You had interesting discussions about gear, mixed with brand threads which derived into brand trolling and and equal amount of photo threads.

I have way more images saved from the 06-08 period than the sum of the rest.

So no, they aren't nostalgia googles newfag.

Camera ModelNIKON D800
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)50 mm
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:06:17 08:06:44
Exposure Time1/50 sec
F-Numberf/1.4
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating3600
Lens Aperturef/1.4
Exposure Bias-1/3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length50.00 mm
Image Width2000
Image Height1335
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2865031
>I have way more images saved from the 06-08 period than the sum of the rest.

thats called "getting a taste". the more you learn and train your eyes, the pickier you become. of course you save less images now than 10 years ago (when correct exposure was something impressive to your newfag eyes), dumbass.

also that pic is just a well processed snapshit.
>>
>>2865036
>also that pic is just a well processed snapshit.
or the only thing worse than the snapshit, the test shot.
>>2865031
Did you get yours from dpreview? Because I did.

Camera ModelNIKON D7000
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.14
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Color Filter Array Pattern734
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)27 mm
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:06:17 16:35:29
Exposure Time1/25 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length18.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: 32.jpg (515 KB, 2000x1331) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
515 KB, 2000x1331
>>2865036
That's assuming I was a newfag by that time.

No, the quality now is awful. I can look at what I saved today and still like it. Not so with what I saved from deviantart in the early 00's.

So fuck off.
>also that pic is just a well processed snapshit
And?
>>2865040
>Did you get yours from dpreview?
I actually do own a camera, unlike half of the anon shitposters here.

Camera ModelNIKON D700
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)16 mm
Image Width4256
Image Height2832
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2014:02:02 21:34:14
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length16.00 mm
Image Width2000
Image Height1331
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
>>
>>2865271
Maybe you just don't look at photo threads anymore. Who is your favorite current poster?
>>
>>2865271
>implying half of /p/ owns a camera
Don't you think you're being a bit generous there, bro?
>>
>>2864191

It's still a one-trick pony

It looks a lot better without those stupid Prius tires on it and I bet it would be worth a shit if they had continued to develop the BEAMS motor.

Anyone that can actually drift gets a 240 or 350z because for like half the cost of the GT86 you can have everything it's designed to do plus non-shitty aftermarket, and the VQ37 is a beast motor.

>you will never own a GT86 with a blacktop BEAMS
>>
>>2868056
350z has a vq35 shoog. Vq37 is in the 370z. They gave hints in the naming.
>>
>>2865292
>Who is your favorite current poster?

That anon guy is pretty good.

Are you implying that tripfags are the only ones who take good pictures?
>>
>>2868070

fingers were going faster than my eyes could see
>>
>>2868071

>tripfags
>good pictures

pick one
>>
File: m3.jpg (22 KB, 178x143) Image search: [Google]
m3.jpg
22 KB, 178x143
it's still better than l'eddits
>"WHICH INSTAGRAM TAG TO CHOOSE"
shitthreads

Camera SoftwarePaint.NET v3.5.11
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
>>
>>2868104

i dont go there. i see what er have and i find the board very boring these days. it was way more fun and productive as a community just a couple years ago.

also, when was the last time you saw a female poster that wasnt the alabama neet?
>>
>>2868104
This place is 0% better than Reddit. There are pros and (mostly) cons to each. You just get to pick your poison.
>>
i remember when people on /p/ didnt call each other faggots. Now its just sperging the specsheets at each other.
>>
File: 1466161431612.png (3 KB, 221x160) Image search: [Google]
1466161431612.png
3 KB, 221x160
>he likes objectively bad things and thinks he should be allowed to post withotu being shitposted into oblivion
w e w

not on 4chan

try reddit

the whole purpose of this website is to make other people mad, after all
>>
Sony spillover shills from /v/ have destroyed /p/
>>
>>2868224

Sanctimony, much?

I've been here for almost a decade and I can tell you that we've always called each other faggot.

Or did you not think this was part of 4chin?
>>
>>2858974
Fuji is shit, fuck Fuji
>>
>>2859239
this. was one month into photography and took a decent shot. fucked up the export and the size. my picture was ripped apart for being shit size and 2MB huge. nothing about the technical aspects or composition. out of 25 replies there was one who helped me and posted critique it was pretty harsh but you could see behind the harshness that he wanted me to improve.

usually my pictures get ripped apart for not beeing a Pro shot. wtf how in hell am I supposed to take pro shots with an old Olympus an beeing into photography for just 4 months. I like critique but not stupid shitposts.

I don't know about the glorious days of /p/ but honestly why should I Post my Pics here when most of the replies are shitposts and trolls. I take this board as Inspiration for what I could be Shooting.

but to be honest the idea of weekly challenges Sounds appealing to me.
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.