[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello So, i want to start with a large format camera, but i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
Hello

So, i want to start with a large format camera, but i was told that Graflex were ok (and less expensive) i want to know what of the graflex i can use for landscape and portraits , the speed graphic or pacemaker?
>>
Either. You just change the lens on the front panel from a wide angle(landscape) to short tele(portrait). Pay as much as you can for the lenses - Schneider, super angulons etc.
>>
File: micmojo Aero Ektar.jpg (52 KB, 1000x806) Image search: [Google]
micmojo Aero Ektar.jpg
52 KB, 1000x806
>>2858335
Aero ektar and speed graphic for portraits mmmm I'm hard.
>>
>>2859683
Fuck, that 3D effect is crazy in this one. Love love love.
>>
>>2859686
Wish I could take credit, but I can't. It's my film hero, Jan Scholz AKA micmojo

http://www.janscholz.com/
>>
File: LUNAR.jpg (416 KB, 742x900) Image search: [Google]
LUNAR.jpg
416 KB, 742x900
>>2858335
I have the pictured camera sans accessories though I pretty much only use it for direct positive giggles these days. I'm also not really that knowledgeable about 4x5.

These camera are cheap because they are a lot of them around. The reason why people shy away from them for landscape work is that they are quite heavy. Generally people get something like toyo 45a. The graflex's range of movement is also less than that of some other cameras but is enough to do most of things you'd want to do.

If you're looking for a cheap way into 4x5 go for it. When you're ready to move on just sell the camera and put it towards a more expensive one.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelMG7100 series
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width2395
Image Height3036
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Compression SchemeUnknown
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2015:11:20 13:41:03
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width742
Image Height900
>>
>>2859683
yeeeaaaahhhh. Nice Bokeh. Is that optical, or a TS effects filter?
>>
>>2859754
Optical. It's a crazy lens. They were originally made for aerial recon. Really long lens with a really fast aperture. Worth looking up, it's a little neat.
>>
>>2859683
>>2859686
>>2859712
>>2859754
see http://blog.micmojo.com/2013/f-lomo-challenge/
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.