[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Darcy Padilla
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 8
File: DarcyPadilla_3.jpg (412 KB, 1490x1000) Image search: [Google]
DarcyPadilla_3.jpg
412 KB, 1490x1000
What do you think about Darcy Padilla? I am very much intrigued by the desperation that she manage to capture. Did you know her works already? Any thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytykjSIozi8

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
File: 1465346258805.jpg (983 KB, 1300x867) Image search: [Google]
1465346258805.jpg
983 KB, 1300x867
>>2858153

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5.1 Windows
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:06:07 19:54:45
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1300
Image Height867
>>
>>2858153
I saw this guy's exhibition on the heroin prostitute that ended up dying. I dont know but it kinda felt like he took advantage of the poor bitch.
>>
>>2858533

He's a she, actually.

Yes, I agree that the line between portraying desperation and take advantage of it is very blurry.

But I feel like she's a powerful view
>>
No much interest on the subject, uh?

too bad
>>
>>2861754
Post some pictures, I'm not going to watch a YouTube video on something that may be utter shit
>>
File: DarcyPadilla_2.jpg (568 KB, 1494x1000) Image search: [Google]
DarcyPadilla_2.jpg
568 KB, 1494x1000
>>2861762
fair enough

>>
these are all from a project called "family love", and the youtube video is about that as well. It has some pictures anticipated by footage of the situation when she takes them.
>>
File: julie_014_collage.jpg (283 KB, 1280x866) Image search: [Google]
julie_014_collage.jpg
283 KB, 1280x866

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image Width640
Image Height433
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:06:12 18:37:32
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1280
Image Height866
>>
File: dp7pt5wluchld2t7h8pb.jpg (221 KB, 1415x950) Image search: [Google]
dp7pt5wluchld2t7h8pb.jpg
221 KB, 1415x950
>>
File: julie_102.jpg (172 KB, 745x500) Image search: [Google]
julie_102.jpg
172 KB, 745x500
>>
fuck off darcy
>>
>>2858153
Fuck smackies and fuck their FAS half-caste kids.
Nobody wants to see this shit.
If you see this and have your sympathy triggered, you're part of the problem. If we as a society actually refused to tolerate this kind of degeneracy, and threw that crackwhore in jail, and confiscated that mulatto child for adoption before her crackwhore "dad' had the chance to molest her, there would have been a chance at her living a normal happy life.
No such luck now.
>>
>>2861873
Thanks mate. Is this photojournalistic or semi-posed? Not sure what she's trying to convey in these pics, but I just feel sorry for kids bought up with parents like these. Makes me angry that people like this are allowed to breed.

Use if low key obviously tries to bring the dingey, depressing, dark feel to them. They just feel a bit posed to me.
>>
File: 20010606-padilla-mw05-011-910.jpg (186 KB, 910x607) Image search: [Google]
20010606-padilla-mw05-011-910.jpg
186 KB, 910x607
>>2862062
Very fast in judging, and even faster in proposing simple solutions that fix everything.
I'm happy for you that are so lucky to have the world in your mind so simple and clear.

>>2862123
From the video it seems they're not posed, just heavily touched (compared to the tapes).

I wonder, given these harsh reactions of yours that focus on the parents, what kind of relationship the photographer had to develop with them to be trusted enough to expose them in this way, or if they simply didn't realize how they were going to be perceived as "people that shouldn't be allowed to bread" or "degeneracy we should not tolerate".

Just to be clear, I don't have my sympathy triggered like "oh poor guys", and not even "oh poor little child", I'm interested, rather, on the ability of these works to show how diverse can be for people this short trip on earth that we call life.
And, on a more practical level, how is it possible that some people that start from a fragile condition both economically and in therm of social networks don't have any safety net when they start to notch up poor life decisions, and they can't go but worse and worse.

I know this approach can be quite far from an American view in which success or failure are in any case 100% your personal responsibility. I'm sorry to face you with reality, that's not society works. Any society.

[Pic caption: Julie sits with Rachel on the stairs at the Hillsdale Hotel. She is seven months pregnant from Steven, who wants nothing to do with Julie or the baby. Julie does not believe in abortion.
Source: https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/moving-walls/5/urban-poverty-birth-and-death-certificates]
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.