[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
alright /p/ i think i arrived to what i ended calling "the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: final solution.jpg (60 KB, 1231x467) Image search: [Google]
final solution.jpg
60 KB, 1231x467
alright /p/ i think i arrived to what i ended calling "the final solution" to all this "death of film", "digital vs film", "digital plainly sucks" issue.

bear in mind this idea is bassically a digital camera done right.

if you look at pic related you will comprehend all this process, that ill proceed to describe briefly:

1)every photograph needs light and a subject, thats why theres a plant and the fucking sun.

2)yup thats the optics. light travels thru it. no big deal.

3)here comes the great stuff: the sensor. i think people fell for the photosites meme and it just didnt deliver like everyone expected it to. have you seen digital martin parr? he blocks cocks. digital mccurry? blows even more than usual. this wont be your typical digital sensor. this will be an analog sensor. it should be electrochemical, but if that isnt possible, then purely magnetic.

literally like a cassete tape. its a canvas that once stimulated by light, carves an image on itself, with infinite resolution. there are no pickles here. because it will be, hopefully, an electrochemical compound that gets altered just like a film emulsion. thing here is that you can reuse said emulsion, or sensor in this case.

4)this is the eraser. it puts the sensor on its primary state aka unexposed. every time you take a picture, sensor records, then stores (explained in the following item), then gets erased, then you can take a picture again. this eraser-sensor combo should ensure great quality everytime, sensor should be like a high density, very reliable and predictable emulsion.

(cont...)
>>
(cont..)

5)now its time to get zany. what is this? it is a scanner. now you have pickles, and resolution, and everything digital when it comes to store media information. it should work like a typical flatbed, it scans from left and right what the sensor captured.

since the image the sensor creates is a physical representation of what image was photographed, most if not all properties film photography is known for will translate into the final digital file.

6)this is the processor. it applies your shitty custom presets.

7)this is the SD card :^)

im filmfag extreme, but i would totally buy this camera. i think it would deliver greatly.

what do you think, /p/?
>>
>>2855240
>>2855241
>being slavic
>being able to post on four channel
Why is this allowed?
This would never have happened whilst moot was around.
>>
File: L_CameraDiagram.jpg (45 KB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
L_CameraDiagram.jpg
45 KB, 400x226
good job OP, you've just recreated the first imaging system spacecrafts used.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2008:04:14 21:29:00
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width400
Image Height226
>>
File: DONBASS.jpg (144 KB, 960x683) Image search: [Google]
DONBASS.jpg
144 KB, 960x683
>>2855255
hey thats pretty cool. kurwa knows his slav shit.

with your image found this:
http://mentallandscape.com/L_Luna3.htm

russian space exploration tech is amazing. now, that device allowed to broadcast the scanned frames but you couldnt reuse the film. my system needs, as said, some sort of electro chemical/magnetic surface than can be "resetted" countless times, its different from one-use film.
>>
>>2855259
>my system needs, as said, some sort of electro chemical/magnetic surface than can be "resetted" countless times

yeah, that's called a charged coupled device, it already exists. also please stop not capitalising your sentences because, on irc, I'm being accused of making this thread and now probably also talking to myself
>>
>>2855264
>charged coupled device
bayer trash, no thanks.

>also please stop not capitalising your sentences
dude fuck off.
>irc is making fun of me
you deserve it for frequenting a place reserved for cucks and camera testers.
>>
Also very early bbc television field broadcasting systems consisted of a truck with a film camera on top shooting live, the film being spooled down into the truck, instantly developed, scanned, bleached, re-sensitized and fed back up to the camera in a continuous loop, giving a broadcast with only a slight delay of several seconds. This sounds retarded, deranged and absurd by today's standards but that's technology for you. I can't be bothered raking my memory after 4hrs of sleep but there's even an illustration of the broadcasting truck somewhere out there in the internet along with all the appropriate info. So yeah, if you wanna go full analog it's possible to re-use film and your entire idea is theoretically possible but absolutely impractical and unimplementable by anyone but a deranged hobbyist with too much time and too few autism medications on their hand. Cool concept tho.
>>
>>2855240
It should have interchangeable backs so that the scanning / erasing step can happen on a different machine.
>>
FRIDAYYYY NIIIIGHT MOTHAFUCKAZZZZZ
>>
File: tvcameram.jpg (66 KB, 675x450) Image search: [Google]
tvcameram.jpg
66 KB, 675x450
>>2855267
Ok so it's the Intermediate Film System and I can't find any mention of re-sensitizing the film here so either I misremembered it with something else or it's stuck somewhere on an obscure source I can't track down after several months of first seeing it. Either way fucking camera on a truck developing film on the fly (45s delay) holy fuck seriously.
>>
also since this is an absolutely pointless thread and at this point I don't care here's some early prototype electric cyanotype for your analog needs OP

http://volkan.bilkent.edu.tr/publications/Solar1_2012_HVD.pdf
>>
>>2855276
>It should have interchangeable backs
You mean like cartridges, that you store the film in and swap out when they're full?
>>2855276
>scanning / erasing step can happen on a different machine
Ah, like a film scanner!

Wow, this is brilliant slavic innovation! Maybe one day you will lead your native agglomeration of potato fields to a glorious victory in a 15 year war to annex the neighbouring collection of potato fields, at least for 10 years when the hostile potato fields to the south annex half of your new country in another 15 year war.
>we just keep resensitizing the fields, so we can shoot them again

This is slavic logic.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.