[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DSLR hate thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (139 KB, 533x400) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
139 KB, 533x400
does a serious alternative exist for modern dslr bodies or desings? I have an old contax camera and I love it, because it looks humane, interesting, it looks like it takes mysterious pictures. And then there's especially entry level dslr cameras of the 2000's that are noisy as washings machines loaded with fucking bricks, they scare people away so they are a huge no for candid shooting, they have no option of having a physical knob for either aperture or shutter times, not even a compromise that could be used for either depending on the auto program you're using

seriously, does anyone make a serious alternative desing?

>inb4 fuji
yeah, I know, but that's a rangefinder and a whole different ballpark

>inb4 nikon Df
This is what I'm eyeing at the moment. Haven't had the opportunity to try one myself yet

pic related fucking fat 20 lbs clunky eyesore

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution150 dpi
Vertical Resolution150 dpi
>>
Heaps of mirrorless options you stupid fuck. Also use the gear thread, don't need a whole thread for your ranting.
>>
Use the fucking gear thread you retard, your piece of shit opinion doesn't deserve its own thread
>>
>>2853812

the Df is a massive camera with the same footprint as nikon's 'small' fullframe cameras.

You're being deluded by the hard angles and hipster styling and will still look like a giant dorkazoid trying to be discreet with it.

For a genuinely smaller footprint, get an oly em5ii, fuji xt1/t10/pro2, sony a7sii, or the newest blotch on whatever the fragmented pizza face acne sony mirrorless lineup looks like nowadays.

they all have slr-like handling like the Df.
>>
>>2853812
>they scare people away so they are a huge no for candid shooting

That is a complete myth.

Nobody cares about privacy anymore.
And even if they did, you are more likely to be seen as a pervert shooting "stealthily" with your phone than in full view with a big camera.
>>
>>2853812
>they have no option of having a physical knob for either aperture or shutter times, not even a compromise that could be used for either depending on the auto program you're using

The fuck are you talking about?
Every DSLR has that.
>>
>>>2853821
>>they scare people away so they are a huge no for candid shooting

>That is a complete myth.

>Nobody cares about privacy anymore.
>And even if they did, you are more likely to be seen as a pervert shooting "stealthily" with your phone than in full view with a big camera.

This is true, the `small is discreet` is just another stupid meme perpetuated by those who are trying to sell you another camera
>>
>>2853820

However unlike those other cams, maybe with the exception of the Sony A7II, the Df's sensor will comprehensively shit all over the rest of them.

It's got the fucking D4 sensor in it and costs way less than the D4 it's a slam dunk in the engineering department.
>>
>>2854013
The D4 sensor doesn't "comprehensively shit all over" anything but M43.
>>
>>2854013
Most people don't take street photos in the "engineering department" however.

Street rarely goes above ISO 1600, as it's generally done outside, when people are awake and around (i.e. day)
>>
>>2854016
Don't forget who you're talking to. His past experience with digital cameras comes from a single Canon sensor from more than a decade ago. He will think pretty much any sensor today is magic.
>>
>>2854013
>However unlike those other cams, maybe with the exception of the Sony A7II, the Df's sensor will comprehensively shit all over the rest of them.

Because potating in nigger darkness is the only thing to consider right?
>>
>>2854027
Haha that's a very good point, what a retard
>>
>>2853812
This isn't /v/
Fuck off

Can you people please report these threads
>>
>>2853812
Canon SL1 with a 24mm Pancake is cute.
>>
>>2854144
ur cute : 3 c
>>
Pen and paper
>>
>>2854146
Thanks *:
>>
>>2853812
>looks like it takes mysterious pictures
>>>/x/
click here and never come back
>>
>>2854128
/p/ is not your safe space. stop whining, go the fuck back to reddirt, millennial nu-male scum.
>>
>>2853812

>20 lbs
>doesn't even lift

>clunky eyesore
>is more concerned about what his camera looks like than what it does

sigh
>>
>>2854472
A Canon 1000D takes about the same quality images and takes same lenses.
>>
>>2854472
I love shooting film nowadays because I can have cameras much more comfortable and maneuverable for 50 bucks and the image quality is on par. Seriously, who wants a camera the size of fifteen ipads stacked other than a professional sports photographer?
>>
>>2853812
At least it's not a Sony
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.